Coco Mademoiselle (2018) Eau de Parfum Intense

Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian orange, Calabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tonka bean, Madagascan vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.07.2019

10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Herzensgut
My love- You are the fragrant controversy that has become...
I don't really want to go that far...aaaaaber- I want to...
Before DIESEM- MY profile- I had been registered here for a long time, had already written some comments and statements, built something for myself here- JAAAAAA...BIS.........

...until I have received a reply to a comment that has thrown me completely off track!!! I had mentioned in my fragrance commentary what a difficult time I went through and how comforting fragrances were in the time for me. And the answer of one user was that there would also be self-help groups for cases like me. That was very hurtful. I was in the middle of a phase of mourning, yes, life crisis!!!! Had I felt very much saved here up to then...
Without further ado I deleted all comments and applied to Parfumo for my profile to be deleted.
So, after a longer abstinence, I had to create a new profile and start again from the beginning - and I'm still a little behind...:(
I just want to say that I have already smelt a few things - even if only in the mainstream area. But for me personally it is also enough to find out which fragrances I like and which I don't.
I had the classic Mademoiselle as a birthday present for his new release and it was pure elegance for me. I used to wear the signature scent Jil Sander Sensation - but he has been reformulated to death or has been reformulated to death. I emptied the mademoiselle and this was it for now... for many years!
Fragrances have played some years no appreciable role - since I had privately much to cope with and was much more important!
In my search for THE fragrance I came across Mademoiselle again - because of nostalgia - but I didn't like the top note of the classic Mademoiselle at all. But as soon as this had gone away, I was delighted with the heart and base note, discovered the Intense and thought to myself: Okay - then it has to fit now!
At first I got a bottling and it immediately agreed with me. However, I have noticed that I do not wear the scent in everyday life - I spray it mostly in the evening hours on the hand surfaces to sniff it pleasurably. After all, he was worth it to me to buy me a 100 ml bottle... BUT... i still don't execute it!
I just put it on from time to time, in the evening- for me alone.
Meanwhile I know which fragrances I like and what I expect from a fragrance...the Intense has something - but it still doesn't convince me 100%. And now I know why...
The Intense has two sides for me - on the one hand it has a round, fruity freshness that fits very well in spring and summer and on the other hand it has this striking, masculine, naturally earthy, almost dirty side in the base, which can be attributed to the patchouli. I love these two sides and I would like to say that I also love this fragrance for these two sides - BUT....
...I simply lack the flowing transition or a note that harmoniously unites these two sides of the fragrance.
And I think that's why I'm not wearing it. The fragrance is really beautiful - but it has just this controversy that really divides it in two!
Meanwhile I know that it is the orange blossoms, amber, ylang ylang and patchouli that I love sooo in fragrances - but I find them in other fragrances more harmonious and beautifully woven together again. Although Intense doesn't have all the components- but these scents are my favorites!
And I would like to thank Elie Saab Le Parfum Intense again for letting me know and I fell in love immediately!
I let both of them compete against each other today and the Saab has some controversies or has interwoven something interesting- striking- but harmonious- into each other! It made me addicted...but tests with Classique Intense and Essence are still pending...
Bye bye, dear mademoiselle intense...was really nice to meet you! Your controversies are delicious and beautiful, but for me they are too controversial...too far away from each other...
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Blaumilch
Some kind of love or a wicked game?
Since 2006 I buy Coco Mademoiselle and give the perfume away again. I buy it again and give it away again days later etc. and so on. The whole thing should have happened 5 times by now.
I don't understand myself.
First of all: Coco Mademoiselle has a wonderful scent aura. Cool, slightly fresh and gently floral. A fabulous patchouli. You could sing songs about it. It's madness every time I smell that smell on a woman. One of the most beautiful modern fragrances that has what it takes to become a real classic.
I wear it myself, it's like a disenchantment. I got too close to the miracle and suddenly the whole thing is just a profane matter:
The fresh note disappoints me because of its light aquatics and the sparkling, cool patch only others perceive it in its richness of facets.
Well, this time I've decided on the Intense version - I think at some point I'll button up the perfume, too - and hope that this time I'll get to the bottom of the bottle. It would be too bad if I would never succeed in merging with this obscure object of desire....
10.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

Same same but different
Or: The search for Mademoiselle right

Coco mademoiselle, this fragrance has been inspiring me for many years, but has disappeared from my small collection for quite some time. But not from memory! So for a few weeks now I've been sneaking around the Chanel counter again and can't decide which Fräulein should accompany me home. Each has its own charm.

The "normal" edP, which I had and loved years ago, I feel now as quite loud, almost already obtrusive, so it would not be used so often. Too much for the office, too much for dinner dates, too much in summer, oh, I don't know, the 90s are over - sadly. This insane situation makes the edP so difficult, so unfit for everyday use for me. A class fragrance, but no, you're not for me anymore.

Candidate 2, the edT: so fine, so noble in fragrance and at the same time wonderfully uncomplicated, friendly and cheerful, here I can spray to my heart's content. Durability and Sillage are made for the summer. Classy princess charming: it may be you...

And now candidate 3, you beautiful woman who printed herself "intense" on her dress and let me puzzle at first, whether this is apparently exaggerated or only apparently. Because more and more is expected with "intense", which should hardly be possible or necessary here in relation to the normal edP. So what's intense here? Right in the top note, the mademoiselle is unmistakably at the start, this fragrance with a strong recognition value. But creamier, rounder, just great! The durability is as expected good, especially on clothing. The Sillage on the other hand is only discreet, even with 4-6 sprayers the scent doesn't annoy, but caresses me and all who come close to me. For hours! And all this makes this mademoiselle intense a perfect companion for so many occasions! Whether restaurant attendance, family celebration, seminars, party, this smell fits, always nobly, sophisticated, very closely, attractively. I'm going into raptures!

Intense! This expression, here it is only apparently wrong, because the fragrance has many qualities that make it intense. A murder situation is rightly not one of them.

If the hype about him were to subside now, that would be nice. But that's the other side of the coin.

Thanks for reading!
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
Beautiful, elegant, sexy... you know where this is going... yummyrrrrr!!!! DD
Coco Mademoiselle, oh dear, there are so many versions of this fragrance that you could easily lose track of it. So far I have only tested the perfume (not EDP), which I liked very much at that time and therefore I think that everyone here could try it :)

Unfortunately that was a little longer ago, so that I don't have the perfume in my head anymore and can't compare it with this fragrance here, to be able to tell you possible differences. But well, that doesn't matter, as I will try to describe this scent as exactly as possible anyway, and I hope that I won't drift off again as usual by writing how great, sexy, tasty, yummy, aaaargh etc. it could be for you ladies :DD

Well, let's see: Is the fragrance as great as most people find it here, or is it simply overrated? Publish quickly here before the second half final starts... for whom are you actually? England? Or Croatia? D

The fragrance:
Hm, the fragrance begins quite fruity sweet with oranges and jasmine and an immediately following earthy patchouli note. Only a short time later you can smell the roses from the flowers, which have an additional feminine touch.
And yes,... *sigh* I didn't really want to write it, but the top note is both delicious and sexy, hmm... :D
I think the heart note itself remains like the top note. One still smells slightly fruity notes together with a rather sweet jasmine and beautiful roses. Well, the patchouli may have become a little weaker, but I think that's good, because the fragrance looks a bit fresher, sweeter and just more sexy (yeah,... the typical description of a guy...!).
A little later, the sweet scents and the earthy notes or the rest of the fragrance become more balanced, i.e. no scent really smells more intense than the others (even if the fragrance is still quite sweet of course), so that the fragrance now appears even more beautiful!
Towards the base I smell some of the beautiful oranges in the background, but the scent is now mainly sweet and slightly earthy (because of patchouli). The sweetish side also comes from the vanilla, which also gives the fragrance a creamy powdery note that makes the fragrance more beautiful.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, because from the beginning you are enveloped in a larger scent cloud, which also radiates well to others. If the fragrance isn't already known, you might be asked what a great fragrance it is you're wearing! At least I imagine that this could happen :D
I think the durability is quite good with over ten hours, even if it doesn't radiate strongly throughout.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and also looks quite high quality despite some simple designs. It is filled with a pink scent liquid, which seems to be a little darker than the other scents of this scent. On the front you can see a white label with a gold-plated frame. The round neck is gold-plated and bears the Chanel logo, on it sits a transparent, cuboid lid with several corners and edges, making the lid look like a gemstone. All in all a very nice bottle.

Oh là là (argh, what an expression :D), the scent is great! It starts very sweet, but at no point do I find the scent overwhelming or too girlish or anything. Especially a little later the sweetness is still high, but you notice that the base is really well mixed and the fragrance is sexy and elegant. It radiates neatly, so that it will be a good while to smell very well at one and is therefore also suitable as a scent.
Despite its sweetness, the fragrance is not particularly heavy, so it is perfect for spring and autumn, and it could probably also be used on summer days that are not too oppressively hot.

The only criticism I have here is that if you're completely honest, the fragrance smells a little too mainstream-like and you could almost say that it's... not really something special, but it doesn't bother me because it smells so great. He joins the ranks of the beautiful and very well made, but also not very special fragrances with some mainstream content (such as fragrances like Guerlains Mon Guerlain, La petite Robe Noire or Diors Miss Dior fragrances) and does what a fragrance should always do: Pretty great smell!

This could only bother those with too many expectations, but I have a clear recommendation to try the fragrance here :)
After all, you want to smell delicious and attractive, don't you? :DD
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Undeniably Coco Mademoiselle but with Less Citrus
Well, I finally stopped by Macy's today and tested CMI. As many reviewers have said, it is very close to CM EdP. The biggest difference is that the citrus has been toned down in the Intense formulation, and that makes it a bit smoother (and thus more acceptable to my nose). At least that is the main difference as far as I am concerned. I cannot tease out notes of amber, tonka, vanilla, or even rose, but I could identify it blindfolded as CM. Personally, I like it more than CM EdP simply because the citrus is so much less stringent.

Re performance, projection and sillage are very good. Longevity seems to be quite good, too. For the price point, it is a good fragrance with better than average performance. In fact, it out performs my recently purchased Frederic Malle fragrances by a mile. (Make of that what you will.)

However, if I wanted to recommend a Chanel fragrance to someone, excluding the exclusives, I would recommend both Coco EdT and Coco EdP over any version of Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle is certainly a nice fragrance, but there are so many nicer fragrances from which to choose. It is worth testing in any case.

Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 8/10

Lexa 17 months ago
As the name says,it is the same pyramid as Coco M but the ingredients are just a bit more intense.Lasts a bit longer though. Not spectacular+2

by Zora
by Aromantica
by BadKat
by BadKat

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel