Coco Noir 2012Eau de Parfum

Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Frankincense, White musk

Submitted by Elchen50, last update on 21.11.2020.

All good things come in 4
So, first of all I would like to thank the very nice Atalanta89, who sent me a bottling of Coco Noir. Thank you, dear
The first impression:
Like almost all Chanel's, this one also exerts an attraction on me and I had to test it immediately when it was put into circulation. I dismissed him as strange and odd. Typical Chanel DNA, unmistakable! Some kind of unimaginative mix, because I could smell out his entire family of fragrances. The pedigree has been discussed here several times. There was the grandmother, sorry, please don't take this as a bad thing, No.5, the Mama Allure and the little daughter Coco Mademoiselle (whom I adore in the original version), only Coco Noir I couldn't assign exactly to the family branch. Maybe the stepsister?! In another commentary she is titled a cousin. It doesn't matter, it will definitely find its buyers, the raven black flacon already attracts you magically and you are willing to test it.

The second impression:
The AF of the dear Parfuma arrived and was directly under the magnifying glass. Not again, why do I feel you so cold and distant, you are really prickly towards me. Pictures of Anna Wintour in a black Chanel Haute-Couture costume with oversized sunglasses and accurate bob hairstyle pass me by. Although, the devil is wearing Prada, but anyway, different subject. The black coco was packed again.

The 3rd impression:
Today I'm already the whole day cleaning and sorting, both arms sprayed from top to bottom with test material, you know how it is. Coco Noir once again discovered and applied to the last free spot on the left wrist. I fight my way through my chaos and again and again a unique scent blows towards me. In the rapid selection procedure it turns out that it is clearly Madame Noir. Hmmm, strange. Can he change like that? I can't clearly name individual notes even now, I only know that it smells absolutely warm and soft, so delicious and yummy. Not at all cool and forbidding. But still we don't fit together. Why on earth? She's so elegant and grown-up. Even though I have a few years on my back, Coco Noir is still too big for me...I would still have to grow into it. Just like when I was little and played princess with mum's too big pumps! They were huge for my feet!

I've been smelling on my hand all day, so the durability is ok in any case, but don't think it leaves a killer silage! I gave up and put it away for now! Maybe some time has to pass and who knows, maybe it ignites with the 4th impression! Because it's beautiful...

Elegant but not noir
Coco Noir starts with me citrus-fresh through the orange and the bergamot. Then it becomes flowery, with no single flowers to be seen. Straight, rose and jasmine are listed in the fragrance pyramid. In the background I can perceive delicate vanilla, patchouli and a hint of incense. Elegant, I think. It matches the little black one with the golden purse. He shines bright and friendly, "Noir" I do not find him at all. I can well imagine this scent for going out to a bar, a concert or a restaurant. Now a suitable piece of music is still missing. "Lost but Won" by Hans Zimmer doesn't fit. It has to be piano music! The Impromptu in G flat minor by Schubert with its sound cascades is a perfect match. Passionate, carried and full of joy, Coco Noir accompanies me like this music.
Hirondelle
Wisu denn blus? Wisu does she su? Underground caramel wash line
I want to want to like you! But wanting to like is not enough... I have a problem that also extends to other Chanel fragrances (e.g. Allure), please tell me what is happening here. After a pleasant prelude and after several sniffings something sticks to my mouth (yes! in my mouth!!) like too old caramel au beurre salé on the upper palate. Like a clothesline between the ears (unfortunately without having added washing powder), it tastes (yes! tastes!!) musty, sticky, so I can't stand it anymore! Does anyone else feel the same way? Recently I had to get up at night to scrub off the paste (plus mouth rinse afterwards, because of the caramel washing line on the palate). It makes me so sad because I have the feeling that I am somehow denied the good, the beautiful of the fragrance. Perhaps a beautiful scent, which I would like to sniff at others, but for a scent, which I want to dig myself into, with which I want to "sleep" as if it were part of my soul (or would give it for a certain time what it lacks), that is not possible for me with this one. Like a hopeful encounter that suddenly becomes unpleasant and makes me want to get out of my skin. Too bad. Or to put it pathetically, it's just like some people: Those that don't do you any good should be let go as soon as possible.
Free entrance, in the tent of Madame Bauvery
The dark skirt of the lady Chanel,
he always attracted me and made black shine softly, not brightly.

Coco Noir embraces you and cares like a mama,
until all of a sudden she wants to do you laundry, a crazy combi, really the hammer.

A black cuddly cat where bad luck never comes to mind,
yet her slightly poisonous kiss is like a slap on your floppy chin.

Formerly a hippie, now a bomb of good standing,
she knows exactly where to put your shaky hand.

She welcomes the Oedipus complex in suspenders,
you'll be an adult after her at the latest.

She gets under your skin, rubbing herself against the warm,
and you go from a robber to a gendarme.

Take my breast, but don't come too close to me,
i'm sure you're not the star next to her.

She doesn't act up, the respect comes all by herself,
maybe it's not pure, but it's more than fine.

A diva from the old beat, strong and emancipated,
you'll have to live with the fact that every second you see stirs the decolette.

Just don't call her old lady, just don't mention younger competition,
or you'll soon be alone again and make a spring for yourselves.

It is the velvety flagship of the house Chanel,
she doesn't have to scream at all to be light quite bright.

Hidden Grandiosity
Compared to novel perfumery Chanel still cherishes their tradition. Coco Noir is compilation of prior Chanel's successful editions, something like the Best of Chanel. It is not revolutionary, but it's recognizable among contemporary female perfumes - Chanelish. It opens with minimum of citruses and aldehydes, followed by rose and big kick of beautiful jasmine. Sweet tonka and healthy dose of patchouly morph from the base, succeeded by some sandalwood, musk and small dose of olibanum.
Although predictable, I adore this perfume on women. It has some old grandiosity hidden under several layers. This is a scent worth attention. Not great, but very good.

Rating: 8.5/10

Patchouli - soft spicy - woody floral
You want a rose without emphasizing on rosy side? A tobacco-like patchouli with pronounced spice and sandalwood? A naughty nocturnal floral yet casual warm oriental stuff? Coco Noir is the nearest answer. A perfume made like Swiss knife.

Coco Noir is a massive sandalwood merely dedicated to feminine world. A touch of spice-coated sandalwood and rose bring it more wearability and identity. Great stuff, though not so Chanel-like.
3/5

Sprarkling Top Notes But Patchouli Heavy
Top Notes: Grapefruit, Bergamot.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Narcissus, Geranium.

Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, Oilbanum,

This review is for the EDP original version. A lot of reviewers say Noir reminds them of Chanel Mademoiselle. Mademoiselle has very sharp citrus top notes. Coco Noir's citrus top notes are not so sharp. They smell very refreshing by comparison. Noir reminds me more of Miss Dior EDP (current formula). Both have a very strong, very dominant and persistent patchouli note. To my nose, the patchouli almost completely over powers the other notes and persists into the deep dry down. I do not pick up the base notes very well in this, which is a shame because they are the most appealing notes.

Some reviewers say they can detect legendary Chanel Coco in Noir, but I do not detect Coco at all. Perhaps a little bit of Mademoiselle, but definitely not Coco. If I had to guess, I would say that Noir was created to compete with Miss Dior current formula or vice, or Miss Dior was created to compete with Noir. Either way, I do not find Noir to be dark at all despite its name and black bottle. I would not think it an Oriental because I do not discern the base notes much if at all. I like Noir well enough, but I could not wear it often due to the heavy but clean patchouli note.

Longevity is weak to moderate, but I find this to be true of all current Chanels, even the Les Exclusifs, and given Chanel's price point, I find this a fatal flaw. Projection and sillage are moderate initially but quickly taper off, and this is true of all other current Chanels as well. Overall it is not a bad fragrance, but it is more of a "cologne" than a "perfume" if that makes sense. If I did not know it was a Chanel, I probably never would have guessed it. At this price point, there are better designer fragrances one could purchase. Indeed, the original Coco is a masterpiece, and I would recommend it over Noir any day. Sorry, Chanel.

Fragrance: 6.5/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10

Stunning Beauty.
A head turner, Not a big Chanel fan but this beauty has got something very appealing and attractive which is very sexy.

I do get a lot of fruity and floral vibes especially peach and white floral notes , making it a perfect feminine scent and the way its rounded with sandalwood and tonka is adorable.

coco noir
coco+ coco madamoiselle + allure sensuelle = coco noir. this is a perfect blend between three frags ,i honestly really like coco the original but i didnt find this one so bad as many reviewers stated ,on my skin this develops so good and not so overly feminine ,not overdosing it could b perfect even on a man skin . i wonder why males frags dont have this kind of sillage and longevity on my skin .
the bootle is the quintessential of elegance and luxury
7.5/10

~ coco (just a touch) dark ~
Having recently won a sample giveaway and received mostly mademoiselle perfumes I probably won't be making any of them a signature scent anytime soon? So the very least I can do is type out a review or two and let me just say you ladies are soo lucky with this one! As I'm partial to Polge's work to begin with this slightly dark and dusty creation for me is as super sultry and seductive as it is balanced and modestly sweet. A floral chypre wrapped in a fruity patchouli. And when the rose, sandlwood and musk come out to play, wow, it's just barely out of reach of uni~sex, Grrr! As I wore a spritz to bed and still going strong with breakfast I can only wish certain pour hommes had this type of longevity! This "imho" is for the intellectual yet romantic woman and I would absolutely love to walk in her wake of this masterpiece, kind regards.

Bonus ~ Awesome bottle wish my Platinum looked this classy in glass, sorry friend.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A Coco "reloaded" and thought for the women of the new century. deep but less ladylike, easier to wear although not as strong as Coco
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 3 years ago
Mysterious, seductive, modern classic & sexy scents.
I couldn't resist it when I smell from my girlfriend.
Chanel has definitely surprise me

by IrmaGobb
by IrmaGobb
by Kallipso
by Kallipso
Der knabbert einfach alles an...
by Schalkerin
by Hufing
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel