Cristalle Eau Verte 2009

Cristalle Eau Verte is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2009. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Bergamot, Jasmine, Magnolia, White blossoms, Lemon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.01.2021.

No, Not Really
Cristalle Eau Verte hits a merry-go-round of notes at first: fresh grass, orange just shy of fake-orange territory, rotten vegetable, and at last lands on a spicy-vegetable aroma with a fresh orange overtone. This is nice, but not impressive. Projection is 6" or so. Then out come the white florals (which seem to be mostly lily to me), but they dominate the other notes. It's too femme for me.

I do like lilies when mixed with something else, like incense in Passage D' Enfer. I wouldn't mind if I smelled this on my wife and I imagine it would work well for women who want to radiate that kind of fresh, clean, pure, almost innocent kind of vibe.

However, even that fades as the white blooms eventually turn indolic, and bring out the disquieting smell of earth and soil. This is an authentic but unpleasant scent. By hour six, it's evaporated completely.

The opening was far more interesting than the heart notes. I don't mind either, but the fresh/clean/lily smell is pretty common, and the beginning was something new. Altogether, it's something I've smelled before and have never really enjoyed.

Did I enjoy this scent? No, not really. It's just not for me.
Fresh and free
This fragrance ensures that you can still smell good even at the highest temperatures. It gives a cool almost unapproachable freshness, remains dry at all times, lemony metallic. This mixture is almost impossible to describe.
White flowers join them after some time, as if the wind blows through a jasmine bush. However, these remain in the background and do not manage to transform the freshness into floridity. They make the scent softer, but the coolness remains.
And Cristalle eau verte remains. Clear and pure and yet a typical Chanel with an almost endless shelf life.
The bottle as classic, clear and pure as
the scent. But not pure in the sense of fresh laundry. Pure in the sense of "to be pure", to see clearly.
With him, Chanel has created a composition that cannot be compared to anything else.
That's how he is. It protects against high temperatures, like a cool breeze. And he clears his head.
Not a day without him in summer
You are the light
You're so light, so tender,
so fine, so apart.
You're wrapping me in satisfaction!

You're so fresh, so bright,
i want you, and fast.
And then never be without you again!

You are my light

~ Summertime Cristalle ~
I was very fortunate to find this one mixed in with a giveaway of Men's Chanel samples and as I enjoy all scents (no label need apply) I have sampled/worn it enough now to give it a man's perspective. This bright citrus scent takes the chill off as I write this in the cold of January as it is clearly a warm weather scent. The lemon~aid like opening is sharp but not unpleasant almost candy like? As it dries down any sharpness fades and the citrus and bergamont blends nicely with the white florals into a soft sweet tame "blanket on the beach" for your skin. The more I wear it the more I find this is yet another example of unisex trapped behind a woman's label. I would definitely wear this fresh, fresh lineny scent to beat the heat come this Summer!
Kind Regards, Pt1

Over All ~ 8/10

Wonderful green
Wonderful citric composition with light florals that smells much like Bel Respiro, but slightly heavier.

This is a real fresh and green fragrance and it's wearable by both men and women.

Definetely a must have for summer days!

Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium.

Updated January 2014

Yammy
If these lemons weren't as sour as they are, I would like to eat them!
After about half an hour, when my gustative nerves have calmed down, I can smell a green meadow with a few flowers, more tart than sweet, on it.
Once again a "lay-down-on-the-meadow"-scent for me - I like!!

A modernised Cristalle
I agree entirely with the lemonade references made previously in other reviews all over the web. Lemon is certainly a dominant note, however the note isn't sharp or sour, rather it's a sweetened, almost candy-like, softened lemon note.

Cristalle eau Verte is refreshing like a cool breeze on a beautiful Summer's day. The opening blend of lemon, bergamot and mandarin orange makes me long for home as it reminds me of my childhood, wandering through the fruit orchards which grew in my backyard and tasting and relishing the beautiful citrusy aromas that filled the air.

The drydown is only vaguely floral with subtle hints of jasmine and magnolia every now and then. For a fragrance that is mostly citrus, it is surprising how much I've warmed to this scent.

There are hardly any similarities between this fragrance and the original Cristalle. The original is much more green and sharp, whereas Cristalle eau Verte is much sweeter and softer.

I must say that I'm rather impressed by Chanel's Summer offerings, with this fragrance and Chance eau Fraiche being my favourites so far.

by Lizzy89
by Arlufkin
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel