Cristalle (1993)Eau de Parfum

Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1993. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lily-of-the-valley, Mandarin, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinth, Iris, Jasmine, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.08.2016

Delicious
The Basenotes review by Calchic is what I echo. "It's chic, puzzling, happily paradoxical"

I own Cristalle EDT, EL's Jasmine White Moss, Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal and others whose names don't immediately spring to mind. My husband owns Eau Savage and wears it often. Along with Chanel 19 EDP, Cristalle is my favourite Chanel. If that means I am an 'austere bitch' or 'heartless' then buy me the badge. Cruella de Ville feels the warmth of the sun, the green green grass of home and revels in the explosion of scented spring bulbs in Cristalle. It's my happy place, the spring lambs are eating daisies and I curl a knowing smile; by autumn the lamb will be delicious.
Scent 9.0/10
its my best when i am feeling dawn
cristalle is one of my best perfumes i am using it since i was 16 and the best thing that the Fragrance is continuously throughout the day, all over the body and clothing, the shower gel is wonderful,It's wonderful fragrances .
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Through a Glass Darkly
CRISTALLE edp bears nearly no resemblance to the descriptions offered by reviewers of CRISTALLE edt, which is apparently an entirely different perfume.

Far from being clear and crystalline, I find CRISTALLE edp very dark and heavy, similar in some ways to Estee Lauder KNOWING. In fact, upon initial application, I was sure that there was civet in this composition. I know that I'm not alone, as one reviewer reported that her s.o. told her that she smelled like "urine cakes". Clearly she was wearing the edp! I do definitely get, as advertised, a big soil note, similar to something like peat.

The galbanum is very notable in CRISTALLE edp, which makes it super longlasting and viscous. My sample is dark amber, rather than limpid, and although jasmine plays an important role, I would categorize this as a classic chypre with lots of brown grassiness. The sillage is not on a par with oakmoss monsters such as EAU DU SOIR, but I wouldn't want to suffocate in an oakmoss-galbanum amalgam, so that's fine with me.

I have several good chypres and so won't be adding CRISTALLE edp to my collection, but I am curious to test the edt.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Grassy lemonade
Different, is a good word to start with when it comes to describing Cristalle by Chanel.

Although Cristalle is often referred to as a 70's scent, it is surprisingly modern for its time.

The fragrance opens with crisp and refreshing lemon supported by a blend of dry and unsweetened florals. The scent is quite green and fresh, somewhat similar to Chanel No.19, however it is not as sharp and chemical.

It took me a while to like this fragrance seeming that the opening itself was rather overpowering and sour, however the drydown and the sudden presence of the floral notes softened the scent and gave it an undeniable feminine quality which was quite lovely.

My perception on this scent is that it's rather soapy yet fresh and revitalising. I found myself detecting a note hidden somewhere in the drydown which smelt rather like a smouldering cigarette. I must add that I rather like the smell of cigarettes, particularly on the opposite sex.

Honestly this isn't a fragrance that you're likely to find me wearing. Chanel's classy and sophisticated scents don't seem to do me justice, however on the right people these types of scents really have the ability to shine.

While this crisp, watery, herbaceous and lemony-fresh scent doesn't suit me, I'm almost certain that it will suit lovers of these kinds of fragrances.

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Beige (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel