Cristalle 1993Eau de Parfum

Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1993. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lily-of-the-valley, Mandarin orange, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinth, Iris, Jasmine, Brazilian rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.11.2020.

A crystal is everlasting
It does not always have to be diamonds, beautiful pieces of jewellery can also be cut from crystals. I used to love to wear this fragrance, then it suddenly became too cool and distant for me and was forgotten. You are always well dressed with this fragrance, it simply always fits! Beautiful hyacinth, completely without headaches. All-day, slightly bitter freshness without being lemony. The oakmoss makes the fragrance distinctive without being pungent. Despite its elegance, it exudes a certain nonchalance, so you never look overdressed or madam-like. I could imagine him at gardening as well as at concerts.

If I had to limit myself to just one fragrance for the rest of my life, it would probably be "Cristalle". But I really hope that I will never be pushed to such a decision ;-)

The diva!
Cristalle EDP really doesn't make it easy for me. It's one of those fragrances that I sometimes find really annoying and then again totally beautiful
What's up today? The sun smiles down on us while we hide at home because of Corona. I don't have to go to work until the evening (handicap assistance, they are working there now too). So you spend the sunny day on the couch reading, another CD inserted, which hasn't been heard for years. And... Cristalle EDP. Nice to diesel, because until I have to go, it still lasts anyway and here nobody bothers
With the classic Chanel fragrances I always find it a little difficult to smell the individual notes. Besides, there is always something (deliberately) artificial, "perfumed" about them. So here too. No lilies of the valley, no hyacinths really smell like that, but anyway... "I'm a perfume, and I'm one of Chanel's", the scent seems to want to say. "I don't need to smell like a real flower meadow"
The top note is almost penetratingly fresh and green. When this recedes, the above-mentioned perfume-flowers remain. I mean to sniff mainly iris and hyacinth, not jasmine at all. The impression is bright and very clean. I imagine a rich lady on a summer retreat in some fancy resort. Long creamy white summer dress. Sun hat and high strappy sandals, tone on tone. Dipped in Cristalle and in the light clothes she will stay away from the fragrant meadow. Otherwise there will be stains on the designer clothes.

Sometimes more, sometimes less I smell something slightly musty and dusty. Every now and then it bothers me. So I wrote upstairs that I don't always like Cristalle. I have noticed that it bothers me especially when I am busy, or dose a little more sparingly. Apparently we're dealing with a diva who wants all the attention. Nothing with fast spraying and then off to the daily work

The chypre base is thus gradually creeping in. I like that! Since Cristalle is rather ruby-green and not very playful, I would also recommend him to men with a clear conscience.

On me, Cristalle EDP lasts all day. But I would really recommend that you don't skimp on the dosage. I hate the smell when it's just a whiff. Cristalle wants to be celebrated properly, just like the rich lady in the summer resort doesn't just stroll around, but shows up! And then she wants to have all the attention for herself. Even if you just sit on the couch
Marilyn25
The herb witch sends her greetings
Thanks to a lovely perfume I can get a small filling of Cristalle. The scent starts citric-herb, it smells like lemon slices garnished with herbs. Here the fragrance is reminiscent of Chanel No. 19, then a floral note is added and the citrusiness takes a back seat. The fragrance remains fresh and green. The herb witch sends her regards! As a character I imagine here a serious nun in black habit, who speaks the Our Father and lives in a monastery with herb garden. In spite of its herbaceous astringency, this fragrance has something transparent and bright through the lemon. As if the sun were breaking through the deaf-net leaves of trees. He has something slightly serious about himself that is noble and announces nobility. The classic Chanel look goes well with this fragrance: Twist in black with pearl necklace, it is very ladylike! Cristalle fits well into spring thanks to its freshness. But for me Chanel No. 19 remains the better fragrance.
The Goblin Fountain
Every year in May, the eager gardeners open their doors in our region and let curious visitors marvel at their masterpieces. Especially a garden has been very dear to me. It is actually more than just a garden, because its size comes very close to a park.
This park is lovingly laid out and maintained by professional hands in 8 hours of daily work. Under large purple wisteria hanging down in grapes the step is slowed down. Framed by beautifully scented lilac bushes, a cobblestone path overgrown with moss runs.
This in turn leads in serpentines one floor lower and one arrives at a large meadow. Thereupon oh what a surprise, a lake is created. Dedicated entirely to the theme of Japanese gardens. All top groomed. Not one leaf is lying around unnecessarily.
BUT. In a small corner, almost hidden behind bushes and trees, you come across a stone fountain. Green, the moss grows on it and vines into the crystal clear water. Happily, a copper figure looks out of the water. It seems to be a goblin, because he spits a jet of water into the fountain, while it is lovingly framed by algae and tiny water lilies.

And now to Chanel cristalle.
This scent reminds me of this goblin fountain. It's a fresh fragrance, but it has a different purpose. The moss and vetiver make the fragrance bitter, slightly woody. The citric component transforms it into a soft, cheerful, winking fragrance, but never loses its mystery and seriousness.
The jasmine seems to soften everything a little, like the water lilies in the fountain. The fragrance becomes more delicate, somewhat sweetish and cuddly.

All in all, Cristalle is a very harmonious fragrance. Very well done. An all-rounder, for every season of the year. A fragrance with romance, depth, freshness, astringency and Ah Yes effect.
It lasts surprisingly long. Only perceptible in direct proximity, but 9 hours were loosely on my skin in it.

Conclusion:
Fine all-rounder with a wink in his eye. What for the thoughtful, romantic, quiet, dreamy among us. For every season, almost every situation. A goblin fountainMoosFinder with lots of water liliesSunshine Guarantee.
SchatzSucher
The no-frills delicate green crystal
I seem to be turning more and more into a chypre uncle, I notice. It's a fragrance I find particularly appealing And that I don't give a damn if the bottle says "For her", "For him" or something else is surely already known.
That's how I once bought the beautiful Cristalle Eau de Parfum. Actually, I wanted to have the eau de toilette, which I always liked very much. But unfortunately it wasn't in stock and as it is, you don't want to wait and so I took the EdP home without testing it first.
This can sometimes be risky with blind purchases when they turn out to be a flop. But in the case of Cristalle I was not worried, even though the EdP is quite different from the EdT.

The fragrance is certainly not for everyone, but that's the way it is with the different tastes The name is in my opinion very well chosen, the fragrance is clear and shiny I would like to put Cristalle in the category of floral chypre fragrances. The fragrance is not a concentrated version of the eau de toilette from 1974, but a new interpretation in which some aspects have been added and floral notes added.

The start is chypre-typical with clear and authentic hesperidic notes, from which bergamot and lemon clearly emerge. This is quickly joined by completely unsweet white flowers, lily of the valley and hyacinth, I smell well, sometimes ambivalent and not so popular, here used in just the right amount and not intrusive. And also the finely tart mossy base is very quickly noticed, refined with a touch of vetiver, so that it appears a bit greener in the overall picture. I can't smell peach and neither can the rosewood I mentioned. Animal components are not included here. These would not have fitted well with the lightness of the fragrance Cristalle has a rather linear progression, does not change too much, which does not bother me here, on the contrary, I find it pleasant when the scent after a few hours still smells almost the same as at the beginning.
The fragrance was launched in 1993, but it does not embody the spirit of the 90s, but the classic chypre fragrances of the late 60s and early 70s.

I associate Cristalle with a bright forest clearing in spring, a cool clear stream flows by, a certain humidity is still in the air, flowers blossom and exude their delicate scent. The air is clear and pure, the sun shines and warms, birds sing their spring songs. There I like to settle down and linger, to enjoy the awakening of nature.
Cristalle with its equally clear and green structure fits in very well with this, even if it sometimes seems a little brittle and aloof. But there are plenty of sweet and sweet and adapted waters The fragrance radiates a cool elegance, appears unaffected, not disturbing or intrusive at any minute. Thus it is very well suited as an everyday fragrance as well as a companion in the evening.
As already mentioned, the appropriate season is spring, but summer may still work if it is not too warm.
In winter, however, Cristalle might possibly sink a little bit.

The durability is surprisingly good for a rather light scent, 8-9 hours are in there, Cristalle does not spread an immense veil of scent around itself, even if you are well perceived, but it recedes after about 2 hours to a level close to the skin. So no one should turn up their nose at the office and demonstratively open the windows The flacon is the simple elegance typical of Chanel, that's all it needs.

I am still of the opinion that most chypre fragrances are also suitable for men. That's my opinion of Cristalle. But if you have problems with flowery notes, you won't be happy here either.
In any case, Cristalle with its crystal-clear, somewhat brittle, soft-tart and unsweet fragrance in light green is easily imaginable for men. But everyone can form their own opinion about it.
For me another bull's eye from Chanel.

Now that the time has come again for spring-fresh fragrances, the beautiful fragrance crystal is being used more frequently again.

Little anecdote on the side:
Just how different scent perceptions are, is shown again and again. These days, my dearest best friend came to me for a drink and watched with great interest as I arranged the different bottles. He picked out different scents, sniffed, sprayed Cristalle on his face and then said "Oh, it smells like cauliflower boiled too long!"
I have to tell you that he is rather a scent abstainer and uses nothing else except Paco.
He won't get Cristalle as a gift But the EdT will surely move in with me again sometime.

I wish you all a happy Easter!
Don't mess with me.
My eternal classic, a signature scent, clear and straightforward, memorable memories ....

End of 1994 - I am in a difficult social environment, the door opens, Raffaela comes in and clears the situation .... she wears Cristalle, and the fragrance reaches me before Raffaela can say hello, immediately draws me under its spell. He was a great match for Raffaela, and I can leave it like that, even though she was a completely different type from me. For me it means "autumn, profession, success". In situations where I wish for respect, want to be taken seriously, maybe a certain distance is necessary, I would not wear anything else.

(on scent now)

Delicious
The Basenotes review by Calchic is what I echo. "It's chic, puzzling, happily paradoxical"

I own Cristalle EDT, EL's Jasmine White Moss, Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal and others whose names don't immediately spring to mind. My husband owns Eau Savage and wears it often. Along with Chanel 19 EDP, Cristalle is my favourite Chanel. If that means I am an 'austere bitch' or 'heartless' then buy me the badge. Cruella de Ville feels the warmth of the sun, the green green grass of home and revels in the explosion of scented spring bulbs in Cristalle. It's my happy place, the spring lambs are eating daisies and I curl a knowing smile; by autumn the lamb will be delicious.

Samo71
its my best when i am feeling dawn
cristalle is one of my best perfumes i am using it since i was 16 and the best thing that the Fragrance is continuously throughout the day, all over the body and clothing, the shower gel is wonderful,It's wonderful fragrances .

Through a Glass Darkly
CRISTALLE edp bears nearly no resemblance to the descriptions offered by reviewers of CRISTALLE edt, which is apparently an entirely different perfume.

Far from being clear and crystalline, I find CRISTALLE edp very dark and heavy, similar in some ways to Estee Lauder KNOWING. In fact, upon initial application, I was sure that there was civet in this composition. I know that I'm not alone, as one reviewer reported that her s.o. told her that she smelled like "urine cakes". Clearly she was wearing the edp! I do definitely get, as advertised, a big soil note, similar to something like peat.

The galbanum is very notable in CRISTALLE edp, which makes it super longlasting and viscous. My sample is dark amber, rather than limpid, and although jasmine plays an important role, I would categorize this as a classic chypre with lots of brown grassiness. The sillage is not on a par with oakmoss monsters such as EAU DU SOIR, but I wouldn't want to suffocate in an oakmoss-galbanum amalgam, so that's fine with me.

I have several good chypres and so won't be adding CRISTALLE edp to my collection, but I am curious to test the edt.

Grassy lemonade
Different, is a good word to start with when it comes to describing Cristalle by Chanel.

Although Cristalle is often referred to as a 70's scent, it is surprisingly modern for its time.

The fragrance opens with crisp and refreshing lemon supported by a blend of dry and unsweetened florals. The scent is quite green and fresh, somewhat similar to Chanel No.19, however it is not as sharp and chemical.

It took me a while to like this fragrance seeming that the opening itself was rather overpowering and sour, however the drydown and the sudden presence of the floral notes softened the scent and gave it an undeniable feminine quality which was quite lovely.

My perception on this scent is that it's rather soapy yet fresh and revitalising. I found myself detecting a note hidden somewhere in the drydown which smelt rather like a smouldering cigarette. I must add that I rather like the smell of cigarettes, particularly on the opposite sex.

Honestly this isn't a fragrance that you're likely to find me wearing. Chanel's classy and sophisticated scents don't seem to do me justice, however on the right people these types of scents really have the ability to shine.

While this crisp, watery, herbaceous and lemony-fresh scent doesn't suit me, I'm almost certain that it will suit lovers of these kinds of fragrances.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Why does the Aussie market insist on this instead of selling the edt?? Less ice, more sedate vetiver. Lovely, but no arched eyebrow.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Fresh and very classy, but on my skin the lily-of-the valley and the vetyver notes are too vibrant. I can't wear it!

by Ginger
by Ginger
by MadameLegras
Im Rest der Burg/Haus Langendonk bei uns. Erste urkundliche Erwähnung: 1391.
Evergreen
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by TIA1971
In den Fleuthkuhlen bei uns in der Kleinstadt.
by Zoikgreece
by Moni43
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel