Cristalle (1993) Eau de Parfum

Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Cristalle (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 1993. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lily-of-the-valley, Mandarin, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHyacinth, Iris, Jasmine, Rosewood
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.09.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Marilyn25
The herb witch sends her greetings
Thanks to a lovely perfume I can get a small filling of Cristalle. The scent starts citric-herb, it smells like lemon slices garnished with herbs. Here the fragrance is reminiscent of Chanel No. 19, then a floral note is added and the citrusiness takes a back seat. The fragrance remains fresh and green. The herb witch sends her regards! As a character I imagine here a serious nun in black habit, who speaks the Our Father and lives in a monastery with herb garden. In spite of its herbaceous astringency, this fragrance has something transparent and bright through the lemon. As if the sun were breaking through the deaf-net leaves of trees. He has something slightly serious about himself that is noble and announces nobility. The classic Chanel look goes well with this fragrance: Twist in black with pearl necklace, it is very ladylike! Cristalle fits well into spring thanks to its freshness. But for me Chanel No. 19 remains the better fragrance.
6.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

The Goblin Fountain
Every year in May, the eager gardeners open their doors in our region and let curious visitors marvel at their masterpieces. Especially a garden has been very dear to me. It is actually more than just a garden, because its size comes very close to a park.
This park is lovingly laid out and maintained by professional hands in 8 hours of daily work. Under large purple wisteria hanging down in grapes the step is slowed down. Framed by beautifully scented lilac bushes, a cobblestone path overgrown with moss runs.
This in turn leads in serpentines one floor lower and one arrives at a large meadow. Thereupon oh what a surprise, a lake is created. Dedicated entirely to the theme of Japanese gardens. All top groomed. Not one leaf is lying around unnecessarily.
BUT. In a small corner, almost hidden behind bushes and trees, you come across a stone fountain. Green, the moss grows on it and vines into the crystal clear water. Happily, a copper figure looks out of the water. It seems to be a goblin, because he spits a jet of water into the fountain, while it is lovingly framed by algae and tiny water lilies.

And now to Chanel cristalle.
This scent reminds me of this goblin fountain. It's a fresh fragrance, but it has a different purpose. The moss and vetiver make the fragrance bitter, slightly woody. The citric component transforms it into a soft, cheerful, winking fragrance, but never loses its mystery and seriousness.
The jasmine seems to soften everything a little, like the water lilies in the fountain. The fragrance becomes more delicate, somewhat sweetish and cuddly.

All in all, Cristalle is a very harmonious fragrance. Very well done. An all-rounder, for every season of the year. A fragrance with romance, depth, freshness, astringency and Ah Yes effect.
It lasts surprisingly long. Only perceptible in direct proximity, but 9 hours were loosely on my skin in it.

Conclusion:
Fine all-rounder with a wink in his eye. What for the thoughtful, romantic, quiet, dreamy among us. For every season, almost every situation. A goblin fountainMoosFinder with lots of water liliesSunshine Guarantee.

Don't mess with me.
My eternal classic, a signature scent, clear and straightforward, memorable memories ....

End of 1994 - I am in a difficult social environment, the door opens, Raffaela comes in and clears the situation .... she wears Cristalle, and the fragrance reaches me before Raffaela can say hello, immediately draws me under its spell. He was a great match for Raffaela, and I can leave it like that, even though she was a completely different type from me. For me it means "autumn, profession, success". In situations where I wish for respect, want to be taken seriously, maybe a certain distance is necessary, I would not wear anything else.

(on scent now)

Delicious
The Basenotes review by Calchic is what I echo. "It's chic, puzzling, happily paradoxical"

I own Cristalle EDT, EL's Jasmine White Moss, Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal and others whose names don't immediately spring to mind. My husband owns Eau Savage and wears it often. Along with Chanel 19 EDP, Cristalle is my favourite Chanel. If that means I am an 'austere bitch' or 'heartless' then buy me the badge. Cruella de Ville feels the warmth of the sun, the green green grass of home and revels in the explosion of scented spring bulbs in Cristalle. It's my happy place, the spring lambs are eating daisies and I curl a knowing smile; by autumn the lamb will be delicious.
9.0/10

Samo71
its my best when i am feeling dawn
cristalle is one of my best perfumes i am using it since i was 16 and the best thing that the Fragrance is continuously throughout the day, all over the body and clothing, the shower gel is wonderful,It's wonderful fragrances .
7.5 7.5 10.0 7.0/10

Through a Glass Darkly
CRISTALLE edp bears nearly no resemblance to the descriptions offered by reviewers of CRISTALLE edt, which is apparently an entirely different perfume.

Far from being clear and crystalline, I find CRISTALLE edp very dark and heavy, similar in some ways to Estee Lauder KNOWING. In fact, upon initial application, I was sure that there was civet in this composition. I know that I'm not alone, as one reviewer reported that her s.o. told her that she smelled like "urine cakes". Clearly she was wearing the edp! I do definitely get, as advertised, a big soil note, similar to something like peat.

The galbanum is very notable in CRISTALLE edp, which makes it super longlasting and viscous. My sample is dark amber, rather than limpid, and although jasmine plays an important role, I would categorize this as a classic chypre with lots of brown grassiness. The sillage is not on a par with oakmoss monsters such as EAU DU SOIR, but I wouldn't want to suffocate in an oakmoss-galbanum amalgam, so that's fine with me.

I have several good chypres and so won't be adding CRISTALLE edp to my collection, but I am curious to test the edt.
7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Grassy lemonade
Different, is a good word to start with when it comes to describing Cristalle by Chanel.

Although Cristalle is often referred to as a 70's scent, it is surprisingly modern for its time.

The fragrance opens with crisp and refreshing lemon supported by a blend of dry and unsweetened florals. The scent is quite green and fresh, somewhat similar to Chanel No.19, however it is not as sharp and chemical.

It took me a while to like this fragrance seeming that the opening itself was rather overpowering and sour, however the drydown and the sudden presence of the floral notes softened the scent and gave it an undeniable feminine quality which was quite lovely.

My perception on this scent is that it's rather soapy yet fresh and revitalising. I found myself detecting a note hidden somewhere in the drydown which smelt rather like a smouldering cigarette. I must add that I rather like the smell of cigarettes, particularly on the opposite sex.

Honestly this isn't a fragrance that you're likely to find me wearing. Chanel's classy and sophisticated scents don't seem to do me justice, however on the right people these types of scents really have the ability to shine.

While this crisp, watery, herbaceous and lemony-fresh scent doesn't suit me, I'm almost certain that it will suit lovers of these kinds of fragrances.

Trucklady 174 days ago
Why does the Aussie market insist on this instead of selling the edt?? Less ice, more sedate vetiver. Lovely, but no arched eyebrow.
Jazzy76 20 months ago
Fresh and very classy, but on my skin the lily-of-the valley and the vetyver notes are too vibrant. I can't wear it!+2
9.0

by Moni43
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel