Gabrielle Chanel 2017Eau de Parfum

Gabrielle Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Bottle Design Sylvie Legastelois
Gabrielle Chanel (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

Ylang-ylang, Jasmine, Orange blossom, Grasse tuberose, Mandarin orange, Grapefruit, Blackcurrant, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.03.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Kristen Stewart.

Dr. B.
Impressively noble, soft, fresh and bright at first, Gabrielle makes the mother of a school friend appear before my inner eye: Dr. B., a beautiful woman with light brown eyes, great calm and kindness. She often wore her blond hair classically pinned up with a comb, accentuating the back of her head. She was a lawyer and often I saw her coming home from the office in a costume reminiscent of Chanel, if it wasn't Chanel at all. She was able to wear those clothes, and the pumps that went with them, with such casual confidence that I never saw again. My friend's mother was always a role model for me in some ways she probably never knew. She embodied and combined everything I wanted as a teenager: education, professional success, poise, naturalness, beauty, warmth, and a happy marriage with children. And she was without conceit.
Gabrielle starts as if this fragrance was cut to her body and I am immediately thrilled.

However, Gabrielle goes on very quickly differently than I imagine a fragrance for Mrs. Dr. B.: There is something slightly stinky added and a strange depression factor. The former will once again be my duo of indolica, jasmine and orange blossom, while the latter makes me think of gardenias, which are not listed here.
What a pity, Gabrielle should not now after all after a long time again the first Chanel in my collection? I have lost my heart to Cristalle EDT yes, but this fragrance is now virtually impossible to get and so my collection is since then chanellos.

My personal trio Infernale by Gabrielle, jasmine, orange blossom and gardenia, is now also becoming strangely creamy and I'm about to fully tick off the fragrance internally. I walk into the kitchen and set about washing up the pan. Suddenly a blast of bright, friendly citrus hits my nose and I think, Oh, where did that come from? Do I still have some residual scent on my clothes? But no, I then realize, it's Gabrielle! Thinking this is the rest of that wonderful bright top note, I move on, cleaning up and pacing back and forth. Several more times a bright wave of the same cheerful fresh breath comes to my nose, lifts my spirits and I am increasingly puzzled: Hadn't that been long gone and eclipsed by jasmine, orange blossom and supposed gardenia? Strange. Then I enter the living room where I had sprayed the scent earlier and notice: Oh, it smells deliciously fresh in here! Again, it can only be Gabrielle. On my skin, however, I still smell the artificially creamy, gardenia-scented, slightly stuffy depression factor. In the projection, however, I perceive citrusy freshness.
This is repeated in several other tests on the next days equally, whereby I thought today for the first time also clearly smell tangerines.
Only after two to three hours each time, the unpleasant smell on the skin settles for me and Gabrielle brings me back to my initial association in a different way: now Gabrielle fits again to Mrs. Dr. B.. Now I perceive again the noble elegance, the restraint, without the fragrance being boring. It has become softer again, the notes have become more orderly and the stickiness is increasingly fading. He is still bright and citrus-fresh, but now underpinned by more warmth, which includes a touch of spice and also a tart undertone, which I assign in knowledge of the pyramid grapefruit and currant.

Throughout the second half of the heart note and into the base, Gabrielle is now becoming more and more lovely to my nose. It remains citrusy but not quite as fresh, the tart factor continues and makes the scent interesting as it continues to get warmer in tiny increments, though you still can't call it a warm scent. It remains rather cool, but the gentle, soft base makes it seem classy rather than cold or unfriendly. Fully into the base, it is then subtly and transparently creamy and spicy. In projection and movement, however, Gabrielle continues to seem citrusy and bright even then.
Whether I ultimately want to bring him into my collection, remains open for now, but just the memory of Mrs. Dr. B. has made this fragrance experience for me very valuable!
Tradescantia
A Chanel that doesn't convince me.
This fragrance is really not bad.
I would not want to advise anyone to wear it or give it as a gift.
He is definitely high quality, but he just could not meet my expectations, which I already suspected in advance.
For whatever reason. It was just good old intuition, which you can usually rely on, but not always.
Apart from the grapefruit says with each of the listed notes.
Musk doesn't really fit in, in my opinion, but that's a purely subjective impression.
A fragrance can not be good per se or bad per se, it must fit the wearer.
And this one was unfortunately not a hit with me, while it does show a glow now and then: Tuberose, ylang-ylang, jasmine, orange blossom.
In itself, he is really beautiful and I wish all who like him much joy with it.
It is just a good the fragrance.
I just don't like it that much.
Somehow he invites me not to dream and for everyday life he is somehow too bad
Gabrielle
I'm quite skeptical about expensive niche fragrances, especially since I've been blindly testing and reading praise here for absolutely bad perfumes that are offered at outrageous prices in special perfumeries. The captain of Köpenick would be complacent about some things here, rightly so ! Gabrielle was such a fragrance, which I was rather moderately looking forward to, because in most cases Channel seems to me far too flowery boring. Bright, quiet, even elegant, but far away from the gourmands I like so much.
Repeated testing has confirmed me, Gabrielle is just like the rest, a variation of the old familiar; bright flowers, blooming freshness, a little effervescence, ready. Wouldn't have knocked me off my feet, but it wouldn't have repulsed me either. Hold such a fragrance, which is already good and elegant, but not my prey scheme. However, I had another fragrance parallel to Gabrielle, which was wonderfully softly ambered, warmly spicy and deep, exactly my thing. My sweaters smelled of amber and a hint of saffron or cinnamon, at least warm winter spices, I was blown away. Unfortunately I couldn't assign where it came from and I thought for three days what it could have been. At first I thought of my scented paperboards in the wardrobe, but admittedly, even with the greatest imagination, they didn't even smell like paperboard anymore. At some point it suddenly opened up to me and I found out what was smelling so good: it was boring Gabrielle, about 12 hours after spraying on the paper she developed a warmth that I would never have believed her to have and which is also not to be inferred from the listed notes. I made a clear test again with a handkerchief, which I sprayed in and checked again and again. Indeed, in Drydown Gabrielle is a wonderfully ambered cuddly lady, with spice and depth.

A similar drydown miracle happened to me with "Black Weed"; from medicated leathery woody light to warm spicy and wonderful in about 8 hours. The question is of course, do you want to wait that long? Can one wait that long? Is it still worth it then? I honestly do not know. I find both fragrances fantastic on the finish, but do I want to have to wait that long? On the other hand, I have rarely experienced such a strong 180 degree change and it fascinates me. I'm gonna take a moment and think about it. It shows, however, that extensive blind testing without the influences and manipulations of brand, other perfumes or specified fragrances is definitely worth it!
Disappointed
Actually, I have owned Chanel Gabrielle for quite some time, but in my case it's more likely to stand around for the following reasons:
My enthusiasm for the most famous Chanel perfumes is actually great, but this investment was not the best seller Let us first describe the fragrance: warm and citric, bright and floral, the sandalwood stands out softly and nicely.
Gentle and nice you could also call the durability and Sillage, because the scent is almost completely gone after two or three hours.

Gabrielle, the friendly and reserved lady you met a few hours ago, but of whom you somehow couldn't get a real impression..
At least that's what it feels like to wear that perfume.
A nice scent, but in its performance it is too weak for me compared to other Chanels.
Late summer
Summer came back with a bump. So, tested in my regular perfumery and fresh.
With Gabrielle, I didn't really have an expectation. Chanel smells like Chanel. The Exclusif fragrances fall wonderfully out of the frame.
And now I'm pleasantly surprised after testing. I find him noble, young, mature, refreshing, invigorating. It reminds me a little of Christalle.
I smell grapefruit, tuberose and mandarin mixed with woody notes. Elegant and feminine. I see a lady in a yellow linen dress pushing her sunglasses onto her forehead.
Unfortunately, after 30 minutes, I don't take him anymore. However, my neighbour noticed in the hallway: here it smells so fresh. That was me, 3 hours after applying.
I'm definitely going to retest him today. The weather just cries out for Gabrielle.
Annikatz
A mystery, not quite solved.
Oh, Gabi, you didn't want to play with me for a long time. I got to know you in November 2017, when I bought a miniature for a rather large purchase. And I thought you were boring.
Actually, I love Chanel. Got some. In perfume, in EdP, in Edt. And with you, it was kind of too flat for me. You were powdery-floral, the shelf life was okay, but I missed that typical Chanel note.
I don't know what it is, but every Chanel I know has. You smell it on someone and you know it's Chanel. And you didn't! Also the flowers were very reserved - only jasmine stuck to me. Nothing else. I was disappointed.
See you on vacation. It just so happens you were in your purse. I just put you on, and half an hour later you were there in full glory.
The ylang, the slightly bitter grapefruit with peel, the berries, and this Chanel note, which wasn't there before, came out!
So for Gabi to play with me, she has to go to the sea. It needs sunshine, a light salty breeze, long walks, peace and quiet and time.
I'll know. Next vacation, you're definitely in!
DonJuanDeCat
Normal, maybe boring, but still not bad
Hm, for some reason Chanel fragrances don't have a soo big attraction to me yet, although I like the brand actually quite and also find noble. Like other big, beautiful scent houses (e.g. like Guerlain and Dior) Chanel also offers nice mainstream scents as well as more exclusive ones.

Why I'm not soo keen on the newest Chanel fragrances is probably due to the fact that first of all most fragrances are only available for scratch brushes (by that I mean you women :D), and secondly I see most of the fragrances in a shop standing only in the back corner and therefore always forget them there, so that when I'm there, I'm already sprayed full anyway and therefore can't do anything with the fragrances any more and they fall into oblivion with me. Too bad, because I would like to try out the Les Exclusifs. What the hell. From time to time I still get a scent under my nose, where I can't do anything else than write my mustard down here :D

Hach,... Chanel... especially played by Audrey Tautou, who for me is an elegant dream woman with a really charming smile and great eyes :)
On Kristen Steward, on the other hand, the face of this scent, I somehow don't stand soo much... even if she should be good-looking, hmm...

Well then, let's get to the fragrance, somebody has to write a commi for every imaginable fragrance, and who could do better than the omnipresent DonJuanDeCat? *sigh* How negative that sounds...

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with light mandarins, sweet jasmine, but above all with ylang-ylang, which underlines the feminine aspect of the women's fragrance, but for me, ... as so often, it takes getting used to, it smells a bit sultry and heavy, which makes fragrances a bit more exhausting for me.
At first the Neroli is a bit heavier, which makes the scent even heavier together with the Ylang-Ylang. However, the Ylang-Ylang seems to lose some intensity a little bit later on, which also makes the Neroli look a bit looser. Not really fresh, but not really heavy anymore.
From the base, you can smell the musk pretty good. And I have the feeling that the fragrance in general becomes a little looser. It doesn't seem that heavy anymore, even though you can still smell the ylang-ylang in the background. Instead, the fragrance smells of orange blossom notes, beautiful sweet flowers in general (probably a mix of jasmine and tuberose), and a vanilla powdery fragrance. In the further or later course, the fragrance remains floral-sweetish, basically soft, but also has light spicy notes.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
At the beginning, the sillage is still slightly subtle, as one briefly smells the citric notes before the fragrance opens the heavier floral artillery and makes the fragrance more intense. This means that the scent will be perceived well on one for a while before it becomes softer and lighter at some point.
I also found the shelf life okay, which it was at least eight hours smellable.

The bottle:
Although the bottle is rectangular, it looks a bit like a gemstone due to the individually looking or triangular-cut sidewalls running to the centre. In the middle you can see a white-silver label, the lid is metal-gilt and square with a cylindrical base. It may seem a bit simple, but it's elegant and with its clear lines it's probably shaped like Coco Chanel would have liked it to be. Yeah, it's nice.

Sooo,... you know, when people here say that the scent itself is nothing special, I have to agree with all of them, but not in the negative way. Of course, you have the feeling that the fragrance was really trimmed to mainstream and also goes with "fashion", as I've noticed several times in the last months that newer women's fragrances or new flankers of a fragrance often contain ylang-ylang, which is also the case here.
But despite the rather ordinary scent, which by the way could also be in a bottle that doesn't have "Chanel" on it, it's still a fragrant scent that you (or woman :D) can try out, but maybe you shouldn't expect too much new or daring from a new Chanel scent.

Hm... although the scent was marked as summer scent here and despite a difficult beginning it actually becomes a bit looser with time, Gabrielle is in my opinion not a really loose and fresh scent. As an all-rounder you can use it well, even if you should use it less on very hot days. That's why the scent is not a summer scent for me. Besides, he's nice, but a little mainstream. Can be used during the day as well as for going out. He looks elegant and feminine, and if the sultry Ylang-Ylang-note were not there, then I would say as so often also that one (... actually woman :D) could seem quite biteable with it :)
Gabi somehow always goes
Gabrielle kind of always leaves.
If I can't decide on some days and no perfume fits the mood or the occasion, then Gabi is the right choice for me Certainly not spectacular. Also not exciting or even conspicuous.
But an unobtrusive companion with a feel-good factor, elegant, well-groomed, simply beautiful.
Without being annoying. Just like it does you good some days.

Like a light chiffon cloth it plays around me almost the whole day.
Unsweet but fruity flower start. Mandarins and grapefruit as good mood makers. Discreet bitterness, in the background
Catched by a cushion of soft musk and sandalwood.
There's actually no reason Gabrielle wouldn't fit.

Lilau
The nice little girl next door
Today, on my 7th birthday at Parfumo, I would like to dedicate this comment to a fragrance that I only learned to love over time!
On days like this one likes to get a little bit wistful and I think about the really nice time here, but also that many of us are no longer active here.

I have got to know and love so many great fragrances here. Some of them just don't suit me (anymore), that's something you learn with time. And many have been with me for a long time and will continue to do so
I can still remember that many years ago, a perfuma was looking for a bright and shining daytime fragrance with strong sillage and I followed this exciting request with great interest and I thought it was so great how committed this perfuma then dealt with these fragrance proposals. And I also always wanted such a day scent! Then with the time I did not search any more, but he just ran to me!
Yes, I can hardly believe it myself, but it is Gabrielle, this shy, quiet and in my eyes completely misunderstood "little water".
Because, Gabrielle has exactly what I've always wanted. Noble and fine, slightly fruity-splashy and flowery, I am always surrounded by a woody touch, accompanied by fine tuberoses.
Nor does it smell of Gabrielle on every corner, still La Vie est Belle, Si or Armani Code. I don't think that's bad, but, you want to have your "own" signature scent, one you never want to miss and which you can simply wear every day. And, which not everyone immediately recognizes.

One thing Gabrielle's not is loud. I used to like to be smelled before I turned the corner. Now I don't like it anymore. Only very rarely, then rather in the evening and then I have other scents for. So the times are changing and so are the scents! I have been wearing Gabrielle for some time now and I can say that she can do much more than many people see in her.
For me Gabrielle is bright and radiant, a quiet representative, but even after a few hours I can still catch this very creamy soft base.
With Gabrielle, you'll never stand out, only, perhaps, when you're very close. And if you do, it'll be pleasant. When I wear Gabrielle, it just means you smell nice
So beautiful can this little nice girl from next door be, so beautiful to wear and always suitable for all occasions. So gentle and yet so tangible, so tender and yet so present.

jtd
What would Gabrielle think?
Chanel says Gabrielle is composed around four classic white flowers: tuberose, orange blossom, ylang ylang and jasmine. They call it, "the perfect white flower." Olivier Polge has called Gabrielle "abstract", an apparent allusion to Chanel's monumental abstract floral, no 5. Abstraction implies veering away from duplicating a given scent and instead reimagining it. Gabrielle is abstract in that it doesn't smell like any of these four flowers per se. In fact it doesn't smell appreciably botanical. Despite the press release talking points describing the perfume's flower as "imaginary" and "perfect", Gabrielle is less an ideal flower than the mean average of a set of 'floral' notes.

Gabrielle is linear for the most part but it has an identifiable drydown. The perfume grows less specific as time passes, though not inadvertently. The drydown seems intentionally indistinct, recreating the risk-averse, bleary musky/woody finish found in many mainstream perfumes geared toward the young female perfume buyer. To its credit, though Gabrielle is a fruity floral it's neither gourmand nor particularly sweet. A mildly acerbic twist runs through the perfume's duration, cropping any nascent sweetness.

Gabrielle hits its marks and doesn't flub its lines but it doesn't inspire. A noncommittal floral mix leading to a fairly anonymous drydown gives Gabrielle a shapelessness that undercuts Polge's efforts to create an ideal white flower. The composition seems specifically calibrated to create soft-focus haze and a dull shine. It's a ho-hum vision of femininity from the house that produced challenging and powerful feminine perfumes like 19, Cristalle and Coco. I don't doubt the expertise and technical proficiency involved in creating a perfume like Gabrielle. It performs precisely as intended and accomplishes its design goals but it reads as a collection of non-negatives. It's attractive in that it's not ugly. It's appealing in that it's not offensive. Again, this strategy seems deliberate. The most flankable perfumes tend to be those that don't commit too strongly to any olfactory characteristics and I imagine it won't be too long until Gabrielle Eau Fraiche, Gabrielle Eau Tendre and Gabrielle Edition Blanche hit the shelves.

(from scenthurdle.com)

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Feminine, light, bright and easy to wear, it's a perfectly balanced floral-fruity scent to enjoy by day mainly in the good season.I like it!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Something reminiscent of Beige edp; a top note of minty quality and heart notes of yellow florals. No point owning both.
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
0.5
Expensive for a body spray, cheap for Chanel. Average 'shampoo' smell that was a comin' despite the hope that maybe, maybe it was good. No.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 4 years ago
The opening scent is similar with J'adore
Gabrielle is for young girl who want some fun & J'adore is for mature woman who like to keep cool

.. when autumn leaves start to fall ...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTkUplF5VIE
by IrisNobile
Unser Zitronenbäumchen und ich bedanken uns herzlich für so viel Lob:) Stay tuned- Bilder mit Zitronen kommen demnächst:)
by KatharinaG
by Lexa
by Nanina
by Nanina

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel