28 La Pausa (2007) Eau de Toilette

28 La Pausa (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-green. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jacques Polge

Green notes, Woods, Iris, Powdery notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.12.2019.

5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Shall We Take a Pause from Perfume?
Chanel 28 LA PAUSA is to my nose a veritable pause from perfume! All I detect is a light powdery cross between flour and sawdust, which does not develop and disappears from my skin shortly after application. Perhaps a bit too subtle? BEIGE would have been a perfect name for this composition, it seems to me.

Clearly 28 LA PAUSA represents a pendulum swing in the opposite direction of the flamboyant, bombastic "I am perfume, hear me roar! (or, rather, "smell me stink!") creations of the 1980s--but could this be too far to the non-perfume side?

I wouldn't say that this is an anti-perfume, for it is definitely not aesthetically repugnant in any way. Still, although 28 LA PAUSA raises profound perfume identity questions, I think it's safe to say that I won't be adding this pricey bottle of nearly nothing to my collection anytime soon...
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Pretty green and soapy iris
I've recently been fascinated by iris scents; most notably Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma and Iris 39 by Le Labo. My mother had received a bunch of flowers after a performance (she's an actress), and for days the room in which she'd placed the beautifully arranged iris and lily bouquet, smelt divine.

Chanel's 28 La Pausa is close to that scent, but not close enough.

28 La Pausa opens rather fresh. The prominent iris note is green and natural. I do believe that the iris note in this fragrance is the actual essential oil, rather than a synthetic take on iris.

Citrus notes compliment the iris towards the heart, however when settled, 28 La Pausa transforms into a smooth, soapy scent. The soapiness, although feminine and pretty, resembles other iris-based scents on the market, most notably, Acqua di Parma's Iris Nobile EDT.

The woodsy drydown only furthers my comparison to the above fragrance. I do believe vetiver may be a missing note in 28 La Pausa. It has this wonderful bitter and earthy quality that really compliments the iris.

There is a great sense of simplistic subtlety to be found in this scent. It doesn't scream, "look at me!" or anything overtly sexy, however it succeeds in being soft and inoffensive. The scent lasted well on my skin, so I won't agree with the other reviewers who experienced poor lasting strength. The scent is delightfully refreshing and clean smelling. I'd most likely wear 28 La Pausa during Spring, when the weather is particularly beautiful and the world is lively.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

28 La Pausa
to me this reminds me of a old grand piano dust on the ivory keys the scent of ivory wood from when the piano was
played i whould enjoy it's scent it has an elegant tinge to it which i'v i fond
it strange at a time and the scent of an old tin can filled with sowing needles and thread and the rust of the
can at that time seemed interesting
but intoxicating in a way.

it is earthy but it's metalic at the same time.

by Pralinchen
by Lilienfeld
by Mediocre
by Mediocre

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel