Beige (2008) Eau de Toilette

Beige (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Beige (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jacques Polge

Frangipani, Freesia, Honey, Hawthorn

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.07.2018

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
unassuming, type B personality
I think Beige would be suitable for occasions where perfume isn't suitable. Not to say it's too weak or faint to be noticed, it isn't. But it's just so unobtrusive and conservative in terms of what it puts out into the world. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone with strong feelings against it. Indifferent feelings, sure, but no hatred. It's just too pleasant.

I smell mostly quality floral notes in that well-blended tradition Chanel is famous for. Super classy.
Sillage 5.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Lovely!
I underestimated this beauty. I live in a very rural area and had never stepped foot in a CHANEL store. Last year my husband and I were traveling (to visit my newly born goddaughter, but I digress:). We stopped for lunch at a mall and much to my delight in the Chanel store, I spotted perfumes out for sampling. I sprayed my left wrist with Beige and my right wrist with Coromandel.

Coromandel is a scene stealer. She demands attention and tramples all who get in her way. I was entranced. Finally I was experiencing a scent of almost epic proportions. One I had only read about. It was bold and unique. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist.

All day, Beige sat politely on my left, largely ignored. I smelled my wrist occasionally, recognized the frangipani, and thought "how pretty!" to myself.

I ordered Beige for my mother who hasn't worn perfume since the 1980's. She loves it and every time I visit her I spray myself with her Perfume.

I have grown to love it too. In the hubbub of Chanel perfumes screaming for attention, Beige rises above the fray.

It is delicate but not timid.

It is gentle but not boring.

It is wearable but is not common.

It is refined but approachable.

Without distractions Beige has quietly become a favorite. It absolutely could become a signature.

It is simply lovely. The honey is not cloying or sickly. It's light and golden in it's supporting role.

Coromandel is the girl with the beautiful makeup. She got my attention with her lacquered red lips and perfectly coifed hair.

Beige is the natural beauty who is gently lovely without fuss. I regret that I dismissed her to embrace her harsh sister who looks silly and overdone in the sunlight.

Beige is only well named in that it would be appropriate for any occasion or season.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
A Paler shade of Beige...with a pillbox hat.
I have a cute little mini of Beige, as well as a sample. So decided to take the time to get familiar with this member of the Exclusifs family. Beige is an excellent name for this fragrance, as it just seems to be there, but has no real personality. Yes, I can pick out the flowers, but the frangipani is shyly hiding behind the other notes. The Freesia and honey blend well together, but keep on the same level throughout the whole wearing. The opening seems to dominate the whole theme, without any surprises. A very pleasant floral fragrance for someone who wants to remain low key, and somewhat remain in the background. I see a very pleasant Lady, in a conservative suit, with a pillbox hat, enjoying this fragrance. I even detected a slight violet note, probably the Hawthorn). Even though this type of fragrance isn't my cup of tea, I can see plenty of people loving this perfume. It is just a nice, pleasant floral, that comes across softly, and discreet...just like the color Beige.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
A Beige Floriental
Chanel BEIGE is really an oriental floral, as in vanilla-amber-musk-saturated petals. Very sweet and strongly reminiscent of TRESOR, TUSCANY PER DONNA and LALIQUE.

The sweetness of BEIGE cannot be accounted for by the honey note alone, for the actual smell of honey is not that marked, as in other honeyed-florals familiar to me. No, the sweetness here appears to be imparted by vanilla as well, or perhaps a combination of vanilla and juicy fruits.

In any case, BEIGE is not at all what I was expecting, for while pleasant, it is not very original. Those who appreciate sweet oriental florals will certainly like BEIGE, but there's nothing really new in this composition, so I won't be adding it to my arsenal, already amply equipped with a battery of sweet oriental florals...
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Delightful frangipani blooms and honey
Beige, supposedly was Coco Chanel's favourite colour in which she used as her theme to decorate her apartments. This fragrance was created to reflect her style and elegance.

Like the colour, Chanel's Beige is simplistic yet classy. This fragrance is quite possibly the least offensive in the Exclusifs series.

I liked this fragrance straight away. It struck me as a pleasantly sweetened floral with a slight shampoo-type quality. It smelt expensive yet it wasn't particularly unique.

On my skin, Beige became me. It suited my chemistry well and the honey note really had its chance to shine. The frangipani note is what gives this fragrance that clean and slightly tropical smell, however the freesia and honey balances the scent out nicely.

The scent lasted on my skin right up until the wee hours of the morning, which was very impressive and certainly complimentary to the rather high price tag. While I certainly enjoyed wearing Beige I couldn't help feeling as if it was too subdued for my tastes.

Beige has an intimate feel, with the sillage being rather weak despite its lasting strength. This fragrance screams 'inoffensive office scent'. Seeming that I don't work in an office or a crowded environment, louder fragrance are more to my taste.

All in all, Chanel's Beige compliments the skin. It almost seeps into the pores creating a very natural, very 'you' type smell. Despite its basic nature, Beige is an extremely pretty and sophisticated fragrance.

• by Zora by Zora
  • by EauMySoul by EauMySoul
  • by Hyazinthe by Hyazinthe
  • by Aggeliki by Aggeliki
  • by JilMare by JilMare
  • Ich empfinde diesen Duft eher strohgelb und sonnig, als BEIGE:-) by Lilienfeld
  • by Aggeliki by Aggeliki
  • by Chanelle by Chanelle
  • by Evita by Evita
  • by JilMare by JilMare

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel