Beige (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel

DaisyDukes
12.01.2014 - 08:24 PM
Helpful Review

Lovely!

I underestimated this beauty. I live in a very rural area and had never stepped foot in a CHANEL store. Last year my husband and I were traveling (to visit my newly born goddaughter, but I digress:). We stopped for lunch at a mall and much to my delight in the Chanel store, I spotted perfumes out for sampling. I sprayed my left wrist with Beige and my right wrist with Coromandel.

Coromandel is a scene stealer. She demands attention and tramples all who get in her way. I was entranced. Finally I was experiencing a scent of almost epic proportions. One I had only read about. It was bold and unique. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist.

All day, Beige sat politely on my left, largely ignored. I smelled my wrist occasionally, recognized the frangipani, and thought "how pretty!" to myself.

I ordered Beige for my mother who hasn't worn perfume since the 1980's. She loves it and every time I visit her I spray myself with her Perfume.

I have grown to love it too. In the hubbub of Chanel perfumes screaming for attention, Beige rises above the fray.

It is delicate but not timid.

It is gentle but not boring.

It is wearable but is not common.

It is refined but approachable.

Without distractions Beige has quietly become a favorite. It absolutely could become a signature.

It is simply lovely. The honey is not cloying or sickly. It's light and golden in it's supporting role.

Coromandel is the girl with the beautiful makeup. She got my attention with her lacquered red lips and perfectly coifed hair.

Beige is the natural beauty who is gently lovely without fuss. I regret that I dismissed her to embrace her harsh sister who looks silly and overdone in the sunlight.

Beige is only well named in that it would be appropriate for any occasion or season.

Latest Reviews

DaisyDukesDaisyDukes 9 years ago
Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) - Chanel

Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) Yes, it's special but....
I recently received a nearly full bottle of coromandel from my mother. I really do love this one. It's very rich, deep, and dark. Perfectly suited for a cold night. It's beautiful and unlike any other perfume I wear. I gravitate towards...

DaisyDukesDaisyDukes 9 years ago
Orange Blossom (Cologne) - Jo Malone

Orange Blossom (Cologne) Very pretty
I first sampled this a year ago. I was pleasantly surprised but not "wowed". It seemed a bit simplistic to me so I kept looking in vain for a better orange blossom scent. Today I finally bought a bottle. It is VERY pretty. I find it refreshingly...