Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel

Eau de Toilette (2007)
Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) (Chanel)
Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) (Chanel)
Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2007. The scent is oriental-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.03.2017

Scent 8.0/10
Does not like mÿ skin .....update, after more than a year
I have tried it twice now and I have asked also the opinion of others, and they were the same as mine. On my skin it is way to masculin, I really don't like it on me. A men said it smelled like Hugo Boss bottled on me, and I even have to agree. I will try it again in a month and in another climat in 3 months if it doesn't work again, it will be a present for someone, or just keep it in my collection.

Update
I have tried coromandel again today and to my big surprise, coromandel likes my skin now and smells good
...
jtd
Greatly helpful Review    7 Awards
Coromandel
A house like Chanel has to play a few different angles at once if they want to sell their products. With Cormandel they tie together a few different narratives that target a number of key demographics simultaneously. It’s an odd dance that Coromandel performs seamlessly.

Coromandel is a Hippy Patchouli and it’s an Old Lady Perfume. It’s for the old guard and the debutantes. It’s stuffy and it’s boho chic. And it does it all without compromise. It starts with an explosion of citrus, flowers and bucketsful of bright, cold patchouli. There’s not a doubt in the world that Coromandel is a Patchouli Perfume, but it’s a clever one. It's similar in concept to Guerlain Shalimar. It plays patchouli in just the way that Shalimar plays vanilla. In each perfume, the material is the undisputed center of the composition, but not a solo act. Neither uses the material like a flower in a soliflor or a single-note hippy shop oil. Still, if you miss the vanilla in Shalimar or the patchouli in Coromandel, Jacques Guerlain and Jacques Polge have miscalculated.

If you don’t like the scent of patchouli there’s little likelihood that that you’ll warm to Coromandel. But if you take the plunge you’ll find every aspect of patchouli is played to maximum effect. I’ve been looking for a Patchouli-patchouli perfume. You know, a perfume that is earthy, icy, green, powdery, camphorous and potent. The whole package. But it must be a perfume, not some headshop oil or sledgehammer perfume without thoughtful composition. Coromandel is precisely what I’ve been looking for. It’s a spectacular combination of all the facets of patchouli without compromise. The patchouli is fleshed out with incense, amber, vanilla and god knows what else, but it never feels heavy or overburdened. Oh, it’s enormous. It verges on rococo, but it works without ever teetering and has an unrestrained charm that is the key to its wide appeal.

Old ladies, hippies, spoiled rich kids and fumies can all come together on this one.

Kumbaya.

from scenthurdle.com
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
there is better from Chanel, there is better under Orientals
This is a non gourmand type of creamy white chocolate patchouli with a strong presence of orris root, which to my nose bears a strong resemblance to C'est la Fete Patchouli, Chanel being more subdued and refined than the Lacroix, which comes across more like a free spirit featuring a louder, brassier patchouli. The woody notes here smell like freshly sanded down planks to me with a quiet musk lingering in the back.The orris root is very apparent to my nose, on par with the patchouli and in this respect, Coromandel reminds me of Tauer's pentachord white. The incense is muted in this according to my nose, which is used to bombastic spices like Tauer's L'air du desert Marocain or Luten's Amber Sultan or the incense range by CDG. The sillage and longevity are good, lasting more than half a day on skin and clothes, although towards the 8 hour mark, it becomes more of a skin scent but lasts better on cloth. I enjoy Coromandel but less so after spending time with a bigger variety of patchouli scents. Those who like a touch of patchouli leaning towards the creamy chocolate variety, will definitely enjoy this. An old-money lady that stays on the side of conservative.
On a side note, this scent was created with the idea of Oriental lacquer screens in mind. Being Oriental and protective of my culture, I would say that this does not bear resemblance to the beauty of the screens Chanel must have seen. This comes across more of a French interpretation of the Orient. The best interpretation yet is still YSL's Opium.
Scent 7.5/10
2 Awards
Soil/ clean earth
When I was a little kid I loved to play with soil/ clean earth (at least I hope it was clean - lol). I found the scent of it extremely alluring and had to restrain myself from trying to eat it. I tasted it once, but believe me, the smell is a lot better.

On my skin Coromandel turns into a soil/ clean earth scent after a half hour of wearing. I love that stage and it lasts some time too.

Now I'm a mature woman I have to restrain myself from licking my wrists when I'm wearing Coromandel.
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
1 Award
Coromandel
The fragrance opens with woodsy notes enhanced by resinous and ambery notes. The accord is multifaceted and very well done - the pungent woods harmonise well with the sweet and salty resins and amber. The fragrance is sophisticated and timeless; however, it is better suited for an adult in their forties. This means although I really like the scent and appreciate its beauty, I would not wear it right now, as I consider it too mature for me. As the fragrance develops, the woods gently recede and make way for the resins and amber to take centre stage. I now see a mineral, earthy facet in the composition that in my mind conjures up the idea of clay. This aspect however is not long-lasting and towards the dry down it vanishes, so the scent is again all about wood and sweet amber. The more I analyse the fragrance, the more I am certain of the olfactory image of an old lacquered drawer in my grandmother’s musty attic.
Helpful Review    5 Awards
Uni~Sex Exclusif
As my first venture into the elite Exclusifs of Polge's creations the quality and blending of ingredients in this bottle is simply breath taking!
This velvety smooth warm comforting patchouli scent evokes in me the touch of a beautiful woman that I've never met.
The long lasting longevity and perfect sillage waves of Amber and Vanilla carries me around the world to the place in my dreams where she exists.
For my nose when the powdery almost boozy floral notes comes into play it intoxicates my senses of this fragrant mysterious women.
Coromandel has infatuated me not with just her perfectly blended chain of notes but even more so with the image she evokes in me that is, she is, within reach every time I spray.
~ Platinum my friend you have met your match and she is Coromandel ~
Scent 8.0/10
5 Awards
Yes, it's special but....
I recently received a nearly full bottle of coromandel from my mother. I really do love this one. It's very rich, deep, and dark. Perfectly suited for a cold night. It's beautiful and unlike any other perfume I wear. I gravitate towards the easy-to-wear perfumes. Most often I wear sweet, fresh, floral, or fruity scents. Coromandel is different. Coromandel smells special and refined.

As much as I love Coromandel, it is nearly unwearable to me. It is by far the strongest perfume I own and it packs a wallop. It makes my Coco Noir seem like a body spray. Coromandel is also very distinctive.

A word of caution, I detect a middle note reminiscent of musty/mildew. It's fleeting and faint. The dry down is amazing. It is nothing short of beautiful on wool sweaters and cashmere scarves.

I've taken to wearing this behind my knees or ankles. If you are sensitive or have allergies, I'd tread lightly with this one.

I imagine that this will also smell wonderful on a man.
Bottle 10.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Seconding everyone else's reviews, and also...
My sample arrived in an unmarked mini vial without any note whatsoever. I didn't pay any mind to it, thinking it was going to be another sample I was expecting, until I unwrapped the rest of the plastic. I checked that the vial hadn't leaked, because there was a strong peculiar smell about it. It hadn't, luckily, but the scent was still pushing through, maybe some had leaked while decanting.

It's almost midnight now and I just walked home under a perfectly clear starry sky, and put some on my wrist. I've had it on for 30 minutes now and if love or the perfect starry sky above me could be bottled, this is it. It challenges at first, with what I think I already recognize as Sheldrake's strong opening; and it settles down so beautifully I don't even have words to describe it. I had been smelling Jicky earlier, and the semi-sweet harmony in Coromandel's heart hearkens back to it a little. While Coromandel is undeniably a mature perfume, it is, like Jicky, not dated. Rather it makes its wearer feel mature and worldly, yet sensitive and joyous at heart.

The only downside I can think of is that this is not, for me, a day scent. I couldn't imagine wearing it at work for example; I couldn't concentrate, and would just want to be wrapped in this beauty. Coromandel is sensual and intoxicating—but it also demands that you love it back, and give it time to open up to you. I couldn't even think of saying no to that.

Addendum: IMHO this unisex, even though it seems to be targeted for women. I can't think why any guy couldn't pull this off.
Greatly helpful Review    8 Awards
Everything You've Heard About Coromandel is True
Coromandel is probably the best example of co-creation in modern perfumery. It is simultaneously unmistakably Jaques Polge and Christopher Sheldrake, and however distinct these two styles are, the result never, not for a particle of second, feels crammed or forced. Not a single note is superfluous or out of place. It is a multilayered symphonic piece that, despite its scope and complexity, perfectly follows Michelangelo’s criterion for completeness: there is nothing to take away here.

There’s been often mentioned a certain accord that apparently renders Coromandel “masculine” to some reviewers. While I certainly understand what is being perceived as such, I find it more of a definition of character than gender. Think about practically any Great Feminine of yore; their illustrious “backbone”, that je ne sais quoi which constituted their very essence. In the incessant tidal wave of syrupy little girl offerings, what once meant class and character, came to be read as virility.
At times Coromandel does bear a close kinship to L’Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme and its precursor Caron’s Le 3eme Homme, prominently displaying a sort of muted, fresh herbal cocoa accord. This is especially true on the humid, sweaty dog days of Asian Summer. That kind of weather does make Coromandel fall somewhat flat, I’m afraid. But to say that Coromandel is a mere take on the L’Instant theme would be a gross understatement. It’s always a new story.

I’ve had powdery floral days with Coromandel, très feminine, très Chanel. I’ve had “Borneo”-like days of deep chocolate and leafy patchouli wearing delightfully close to skin. I’ve had days of the most elegant citrus, chic smoky woods and shalimaresque vanilla with a vast yet delicate sillage that made complete strangers turn their heads in awe. Coromandel has me looking impatiently forward to all the other days to come, be it the cool, colorful days of Fall, the crisp, snowy Winter days, or those first days of Spring when cold tentatively gives way to warmth and greenery.

It has all the makings of an icon: infallible, flawless, versatile, strikingly beautiful, and simply a pleasure to be around.
Longevity 10.0/10
Very helpful Review    7 Awards
A Sensual Journey
Coromandel is one of the most striking fragrances I own. I was captivated by my sample, and couldn't rest until I purchased a Full Bottle. It has a very individual character, and the notes are perfectly blended. Although I am not overly fond of citruses, this leans more towards the orange and neroli, which meld together just nicely. The heart notes appear as if they have been placed in certain rotation..to compliment each other. The rose and patchouli are so suited to each other, just like in another of my favorite Divine fragrances..L'inspiratrice.) This is probably what attracted my attention to that fragrance in the first place, even though it is not similar to Coromandel, the rose/patchouli outcome is very similar. The woods in Coromandel are very proud, yet not overwhelming. The most brilliant part of the Sensual journey, is the dry down. This is something you don't experience in a lot of the newer fragrances of today. The musk and frankincense are done to perfection, with just enough vanilla to compliment them. It is a soft, and sensual cloud that surrounds you, and leaves a wonderful sillage. Everything about this perfume is perfect. Wonderful longevity, great projection, and sillage. You really do get what you pay for, with this fragrance!
Greatly helpful Review    6 Awards
Piece of art
I almost have no words to describe Coromandel.

Im about to say this is the most beautiful fragrance i've ever smelt.

The patchouli is very well blended with benzoin and the result is a wonderful sweetness.

The incense note is very light and gives it a nice depth.

The opening may be a little harsh, but as it dries down the sweetness starts in a creamy way.

Here again the comparisions are inevitable.

While Montale Patchouli Leaves is more linear, Coromandel is much more a complex and well blended scent.

While Borneo 1932 is raw, Coromandel is soft.

In my opinion Borneo 1932 is an "unfinished" version of Coromandel. Sheldrake finished the job that had been already began and together with Polge created this beautiful composition.

Definetely Coromandel is a piece of art. Masterpiece. Unique. Addictive.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are high.

Updated January 2014
Very helpful Review    4 Awards
Classic in the making
Another CHANEL that was built to please! And it does. I get compliments on Coromandel every time I wear it. The man I have a crush on smelled my neck and complimented me. Another time, I left the room and someone told me that I left the scent of something beautiful behind that lingered for some time. Maybe I sprayed too much on! One spray is all I need, and I think I used 2 sprays that night.

I didn't think patchouli was for me, but it's wonderful in Coromandel. That "thing" I don't like about patchouli essential oil doesn't seem to exist here. The patchouli here is like a broken nail that has been smoothed with a good nail file. I hope that makes sense!!

It's woody and spicy too, but those qualities are sort of like background music.

What I really go nuts for here is the RESINS. This could potentially be my resinous dream come true. It's like sticky, creamy, honeyed, sweet, vanilla deliciousness that I can not get enough of. Sometimes I think Coromandel should be my signature scent.

Summary: Sticky, sweet resins oozing down the trunk of a tree into the grass and dirt.
2 Awards
The Woods are gonna get YOU!
I seek woods in all of my fragrances but this one really got it right. Uplifting, deep, rich, exquisite woodiness right from the jump. There may be a faint smell of sweet citrus at the beginning but my nose zooms straight in on the woods. This fragrance is very unique in the sense that it reminds me of nothing else. I could easily place this in my top 5 most beloved fragrances.

It appears that my prized Tom Fords are getting pushed even farther down my list of most loved. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

This fragrance is a must try for every perfume enthusiast!
Scent 9.0/10
Very helpful Review    10 Awards
Patchouli and creamy white chocolate
It was Katie Puckrik who had me wanting to try this fragrance. After watching her perfume collection videos on YouTube and hearing all about her love for incense-based scents, Chanel's Coromandel went straight to the top of my 'for test' list.

It took a while for me to discover my love for Coromandel. When first applied to the skin, it seemed to be very masculine and indeed very strong. The incense note was barely evident for the first ten minutes.

When I re-visited Coromandel, it reminded me of a stronger, more lasting and much more complex version of Allure Sensuelle.

After leaving the Chanel boutique I was quite certain that Chanel's Beige was my pick, however as I walked on through the crowd of people at the mall, I was enchanted by a deliciously smokey scent drifting up and around my nose.

Once settled into the heart, the magic of Coromandel can be truly felt. This is less sophisticated than other Chanel's I've tried. Coromandel makes me feel like a bad-girl; a little daring, merciless and wild.

Coromandel is earthy patchouli, rich ambery incense, exotic spices, syrupy vanilla and dusty woods. I would be game enough to call this fragrance sexy.

Some people mention chocolate as a note not listed here, and on second thoughts, there is a rather chocolatey accord hidden in there somewhere. However, don't expect Coromandel to be anything like Thierry Mugler's Angel.

The lasting strength is amazing. I had my wrist stuck to my nose until almost 3am. I think Coromandel excited me so much that I couldn't sleep.

Lexa 118 days ago
White chocolate and amazing patchouli,more Guerlain style than Chanel.Great fragrance.+3

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel - Beige (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel