Coromandel 2016Eau de Parfum

Top 11 in Women's Perfume
Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk, Vanilla, Frankincense, Amber, White chocolate

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.04.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

INDIGOSPHINX
Memories of mosquito spray...
Now, if you saw my title.
please don't be alarmed...

I grew up in Asia. and when I was a kid, there was many kinds of mosquito sprays sold around my town but pretty much all of them contained patchouli

I won' t go into all the notes, but just some random thoughts..

this smells better on a woman, a woman who wears make up and who is very pretty. Not necessarily old or rich. But she's got to have that vibe, the way she carries herself, cannot be ripped jeans and white top tanks. Nothing wrong with girls who wear those, its just not the type who would fit this scent.

Now No 5 leau, in comparison, can be worn on girls who rock ripped jeans and white tank tops perfectly.

This scent reminds me of fall. and is best enjoyed when below 65 degree weather.
Mina33
"Eternities come and go....
...Have tried them on more than once.
Here too tight, there too strict
Somewhere it pinches me.
Too whimsical, not my style,
The feeling doesn't suit me..."

A very interesting fragrance that I was able to test thanks to the Souk. Thank you for this opportunity at this point.

It is a fragrance with great and clearly recognizable as well as exciting scent progression. The opening is very citrusy, then a dominant earthy patchouli in the heart that reminds me of India and citrus sticks, the citrusy fades away and a woody creamy base emerges with the patchouli in the background. It is an elegant, grown up and unique fragrance that you will always smell out amongst many. Timelessly made for eternity.
I see it more in the evening, for special occasions etc. personally I find it unisex and good for cooler days.
The durability is quite good, the sillage moderate and I think every fragrance interested should sniff the times.

This fragrance is not my Beuteschema but my curiosity has won and the fragrance experience was worth it. I personally would not wear it, because it just does not fit me, is not my style but the creation and the quality are great.
Vogue2011
Like Paris in February: cool...but distinctive and unique!
My mother loves him!
My mother really shows him off!

You don't always necessarily emulate your own parents, but in the case of Coromandel, my mother has been my role model!
She got it as a gift from my father, and PERFECTLY!

Of course, I was as a good son then directly ready to get me the same fragrance, Mom wants only the best for me ;-)
Coromandel is the fragrance that makes us again and again to "unofficial ambassadors of "Les Exclusifs de Chanel", means: Together my mother and I have already told 20 strangers (!) People what we smell like and where the fragrance comes from :-))
And often came before: "I smelled it when they walked past me."

Coromandel is yes usually a kind of paravant to hide something or to make oneself rather shamefully visible.... Mademoiselle is said to have put up quite a few of them in her suite at the Ritz...
Only, hide or unscented past someone succeeds with the fragrance Coromandel NOT ;-)

PS: I always feel a very pleasant coolness in this fragrance, something refreshing.

The Satin ~ Rose Dress
First, you can perceive an intense and very strong lovely soft floral note, which is accompanied by an equally strong tart orangey, slightly waxy note and is due to the 'Neroli' and the 'bitter orange'.

At the same time, these two notes are accompanied by a citrusy, also quite herbaceous nuance, which at the same time gives the fragrance something slightly soapy fresh and I suspected the use of 'lemon' and 'lime', but also perhaps 'lemon grass'.
A tiny bit later, the already at the beginning clearly perceivable inkling has become an incredible dress.

Very heavy sweet earthy, almost like pure oil seeming tones combine with a pure bright, but also sweet floral, even fleshy, extremely deep creamy feeling tones to give the fragrance an indescribable satin - rose dress and from the 'patchouli' and the 'Turkish rose' stems.

Quite in the background, a very delicate, almost fragile freshly lovely floral note is responsible for the fact that Chanel Coromandel Eau de Parfum never appears dull, but extremely mobile transparent, but also dense billowing and I thought 'pink pepper', instead of jasmine for possible.
In the last 5 hours, the fragrance is led to a pleasant finish by a note of warm, delicately lovely creamy milk chocolate, which is surrounded and carried by a deep woody smoky and at the same time bright resinous note and comes from the 'benzoin', the 'vanilla', the 'mahogany' I suspected, the 'guaiac wood' and the 'soft smoke'.
'Musk' I could not perceive, but I can very well imagine that this was used to complement.

Overall, the fragrance lasts 12 hours on my skin.

The sillage is designed from the beginning 4.5 hours on a very clearly perceptible whole arm's length, before it minimizes in viscous steps until the fragrance fade.

"Thank you for bottling this, SolisOccasum!"
Coromandel, nomes est omen
Curious about the name, I found the following: Coco Chanel is said to have nearly fainted from happiness when she saw a "Coromandel screen" while entering a Chinese shop. After further research: Coromandel is the name for ebony in the English-speaking world.
So these beautiful "room dividers" stood as name givers for this "nose flatterer"
Whether ebony smells nice I do not know, it is very strange and hardly still present. In any case, the fragrance is a warm embrace, this morning, outside are -10 C°, just the right thing to start the day. The nice thing is, I know Coromandel will be with me all day today, always staying beautiful and flattering. It radiates an immense sense of well-being.
A clear recommendation for everyone who wants to snuggle up with something really comforting. If Marilyn Monroe had known this fragrance, you might have gone to bed with Coromandel instead of
Chanel No. 5 climbed into bed.

Harmonious and totally interesting
Have tested the fragrance today throughout the day and must say: a masterpiece. Very well matched, pleasant and yet interesting. The prelude is with me spicy oriental, with a citrus powdery note. With time, the fragrance becomes very pleasant / pleasing, think so you do not hurt anyone. At the end remains a powdery- slightly woody scent. Have still smelled like what is similar. Find the fragrance very wearable, best mMn in the fall. Great! Landed directly on the wish list.
You have to try it!
This scent seems to depend extremely on the skin (and/or nose) of the wearer. With the descriptions here of "mouldy earth", "rotten wood" and "mouldy rags" I wonder if we are really talking about the same scent...

The patchouli is only perceived here as a base, very subtle (and very beautiful!), but if I had to classify the fragrance with a keyword, I would rather call it "Vanilla-Orientals" than "Patchouli".

Name or no name - the fragrance is brilliantly coordinated - never too sweet, never too spicy, never too heavy - really brilliant!
Durability and Sillage are so weak on my skin that I first thought that they had made me a dupe here in the souk. Then I actually scrounged a test specimen in the Chanel-Store on site, but unfortunately it is the same: The smell becomes very fast very close to the body and after at the latest 3 hours I can perceive the smell only if I put my nose directly on the skin. Of the Chanel scents I know, it is definitely one of the most reserved (together with Coco Mademoiselle Eau Privé)
Conclusion: An extraordinarily beautiful fragrance - also unisex - which everyone should try on themselves. But with the (even by Chanel standards) very handsome price, the performance could not convince me.

Razvanyke
Pure luxury in a bottle, that last and returns to say hello
I found out about this perfume from YouTube, did not even know that Chanel has the Exclusifs before the Corona times. Here in Düsseldorf, Douglas Kö has the Chanel line so I went there and tried it. OMG what a beautiful olfactory experience, the initial impression was that of a rich aristocrat (lady or man, does not matter), maybe British in a nice secluded castle.

The lady there was kind enough to give me a sample and I left .. then kept spraying and it would stay with me for a whole day with one spray only, even more than one day.. longevity is strong, exactly like Parfumo says.

The smell is a chocolatey, sweet not dark with patchouli and another strong smell which I do not recognize yet, can be vanilla or bitter orange.

I am lucky enough to have got a 200ML bottle which will probably last my whole life, every time I spray this I get transposed to that castle in the forest, with a beautiful house and an aristocracy-like atmosphere.

Probably it is a bit the charm of the name Chanel, the hype but also the smell itself which are causing such a perception. I am very glad to have met you, Coromandel .. we will always be together !

Intoxicating Heavenly Scent
Now this is a magnificent fragrance that just enthralls you at first sniff.

A refined smooth blast of patchouli kicks things off followed by the most gorgeous frankincense accord that I have smelled in a fragrance. This is followed by white chocolate and a beautiful rose note. These notes are a marriage made in heaven.

The lovely enchanted blend is quite strong for a few hours with the incense leading the way for dominance over your nose. Eventually the beautiful scent calms down and the incense takes the backseat as the white chocolate and patchouli gently take over.

The projection and sillage are decent and I get about ten hours longevity.

This is a perfect 10 out of 10 in my book and one of the most intoxicating fragrances I have ever smelled. Big thumbs up!
Coromandel EdP - one for the TopTen patchouli fragrances
A few years ago I wrote a commentary on the Coromandel Eau de Toilette and gave it a straight 10. My conclusion at that time: the best patchouli fragrance In the meantime, I have gotten to know many patchouli fragrances, and have become more and more addicted to them. You can reduce this to a common denominator: as long as patchouli is in a fragrance, it can't go wrong for me.

Like all the bottles in the 'Les Exclusifs de Chanel' series, the von bottle is a simple, no-frills yet high-quality glass bottle. I like beautiful flacons very much, but the decisive factor is what's inside, and here, content clearly beats form.

The prelude is a bit citric, a bit flowery - and very elegant. At first sight it reminds me of Chanel N°5 or Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere, which I liked to wear in the office for a long time. Quite quickly, however, patchouli in a sweet-powdery version is predominant. My confused nose smells neither iris nor iris root, but again almonds, even if this is not mentioned in the fragrance pyramid. Musk and vanilla are clearly perceptible, finely balanced with incense. The base is a dream, with slightly resinous and woody notes added.

The EdP seems more pleasing to me than the EdT. And while I could have imagined the EdT with its edges on men, I find it harder to imagine Coromandel EdP - I find Coromandel EdP much rounder, softer, more feminine.
This is a grandiose, warm, earthy, slightly sweet dream scent and, like EdT, is one of the best patchouli scents for me. The sensational fragrance triggers a feeling of well-being, warmth and security in me. The durability is with +10 hours on my skin more than super.

Since this scent is quite new to me, I'm already scraping my hooves a little bit that it will finally be autumn. Yes, I read that correctly, and I know it's not even summer. But Coromandel is for me a fragrance for the rather cooler season and part of me can't wait to wear it often.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
In the opening, I get right away the bitter orange and the dirty patchouli. Earthy, woody, spicy, unisex, with a white chocolate feel.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 6 months ago
This one is really magical, it deserves all the hype. Definitely unisex, stop defining parfums with gender!
SartorialMeSartorialMe 9 months ago
Not sure why this has been classified as a woman's fragrance as (from personal experience) it can be worn equally well by men ????
FranknSenseFranknSense 12 months ago
It's not often that we encounter such an alluring patchouli perfume like this one.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the most gorgeous patchouli fragrances. That white chocolate accord it's something else!
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Sweeter than Edt,less patchouli,more concentrated.Stays more on skin.If i'd have to choose,Edp would be the only i'd keep.All season fit.

On va s'amuser, Gabrielle
by Lexa
by Misianka
by Misianka

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel