Coromandel (2016)Eau de Parfum

Top 10 in Women's Perfume
Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.04.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

It's all bullshit.
The declaration of Coromandel as a supposedly "pure" women's fragrance irritated me so much when wearing and testing it that I took the liberty of calling up all Chanel fragrances that Parfumo has listed (i.e. all of them) and adjusting the filter settings so that only unisex fragrances are displayed. Phew ... it's pretty poor, what Chanel has in its portfolio in this direction. Apparently, this somewhat elitist brand is still one that divides fragrances classically into "male" and "female", while the unisex idea is lived far too carefully. And it is exactly this caution that does not do justice to the wonderful Coromandel water. Actually, only very few fragrances will do so, since the motto "wear what you like" should apply to all of them instead of hanging on to artificially created gender boundaries. But let's leave this discussion for a moment and dedicate ourselves to the olfactory.

The prelude presents me with a riddle at the beginning. Did "Lumière Noire pour homme" accidentally end up in the mini-sprayer? I clearly perceive a rose-patchouli compound, which I also know from Kurkdjian's masterpiece. But the "fear", if one can speak of such a thing at all, disappears, because with the addition of a slightly fruity note, probably originating from the top note, the whole thing develops its own character. Thus, the rose retreats more and more over time, leaving the field to the green-earthy patchouli, which completely eradicates the citrus fruit except for a small residue and never lets the fragrance drift into the fruity youthfulness. I mean to smell benzoin in this context as well, but not a bit sweet or sticky like you are used to from other benzoin crackers. Only a discreetly colicky aroma comes through, whereby one has to work hard and concentrate to classify it as smoky or benzoin-like, which actually only shows how excellently the two perfumers succeeded in harmoniously combining all scents. The scent, which progresses quickly but not too quickly, finishes with musk and vanilla, which makes the earthy patchouli a little creamy and sweet without being sticky or prescription for diabetics.
In the end, something was created in which earthy patchouli, refreshed with subtle fruit, meets a vanilla cream with a minimum of sweetness. This can actually be worn at any time and at any place, without the environment being slain, and this, mind you, by both sexes. This stiffening of male and female fragrance is - I just have to repeat it again - a big nonsense

Angelina90
Wow - what kind of patchouli is this?!!
As the title says: wow, an incredible patchouli scent!
This fragrance is out of this world...it has something so special that makes you almost completely dependent on it - IF you like patchouli ;) and I love GOOD and RIGHT dosed patchouli! :)

He's elegant
He's Oriental
He is cute, but in his own NOT mainstream way
It has something slightly floral
He shows, when he feels like it, a little musk
It spreads in space
He eats himself in clothes and reminds you one day later that he exists and that you should love him again, please
He's incredible He's not for wimps It is for women (maybe also men?) who carry a huge portion of self-confidence in themselves

Period.

Passion ignited
So, now I have to swing a little longer.
With this fragrance my daily routine is confused.
Coromandel sprayed in a package of Chanel samples and thought "WOW" how ingenious it smells!
I can't get enough sniffing anymore.
Yes and if there are such ingenious specimens, then there must also be other "special" fragrances, thereby Parfumo discovered and read .... read... read...
Bought samples on eBay...... bought.... tested...
In retrospect, I really had to think what great fragrances I could have purchased in the " original "!
It didn't get any better, the hunting instinct was awakened, so to speak, for special "niche scents" or at all.
A few times I thought" then you drive to Stuttgart (about 1.5 hours)". But -- Is it worth it? I only have two arms!!!
Yes, so it is, these sufferings - creates.
But now I am finally here among like-minded
and I now have a fragrant hobby!
It's great.
Coromandel's still great, too.

Our love is easy
"Deep within your heart,
you know it's plain to see.
Like Adam was to Eve,
you were made for me..."

Your gentle laugh - lively overture.
Citric, invigorating. Will you take me with you? The way I am, you go with me.
Our love is easy.

"If you ask me plainly
I would gladly say
I'd like to have you round
just for them rainy days..."

Your shining patchouli - no sliding down into the dark. Soft green glow. Transcendental.
Your iris root - mild earthiness and yet so flowery tender. Mystical.
You lead me inside. You ground me, you balance when I'm too much for myself.

That's how you stay with me - my protector. Many hours.
Warming sweetness of benzoin and vanilla comfort.
Exhausted children's noses, nestling tenderly to mother's sweater.
Our love is easy.

"Every time we meet it's like the first we kiss.
Never growing tired of this endlessness."
The quotes come from the song "Our love is easy" by Melody Gardot. ;)

Coromandel EDP

I had a huge trepidation trying Coromandel. I heard it was close to Fancy Nights, something I down wright loathed and put Coromandels exploration on the back burner. Come to find out, they arent related at all to me.

I feel everything has been pretty much accurately covered regarding the nuts and bolts making up Coromandel, so Im going to take a birdwalk to expand this a bit in a few different directions.

I first sprayed Coromandel, It felt slightly familiar. Matriarch's CoCo Blanc came to mind in its milky chai vanilla wood feel. 1932 edt also resonated with me with its sweet woody vanillic base once again is used in Coromandel, as is the orris note. Angel sprung to mind with its chocolaty patchouli.

Coromandel is indeed beautiful and well done, and it strikes me with its oilbanum, patchouli, orris, and musky woods as a very creamy base driven scent. I might get a full bottle not only for the fact this absolutely blew my doors off as a great scent, but I suspect there is much more to it than this..I think it could also be a tremendous layering component to those that do like to layer and blend their fragrances. I cant wait to layer this under my orientals I already have in my collection.

JoaoMartins 13 months ago
One of the most gorgeous patchouli fragrances. That white chocolate accord it's something else!
Lexa 3 years ago
Sweeter than Edt,less patchouli,more concentrated.Stays more on skin.If i'd have to choose,Edp would be the only i'd keep.All season fit.

by EveMist
by Lexa
by Mikeaveli
by Mikeaveli

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel 31 Rue Cambon (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel