Coromandel 2016 Eau de Parfum

Top 13 in Women's Perfume
Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk, Vanilla, Frankincense, Amber, White chocolate

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.06.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Haven't we met before?
Coromandel...heard, seen and read a lot about you.
But a blind date with you was too risky for me, so I ordered a bottling to get involved with you.
The expectation was high, quite high.
Excited I spray you on my skin right away, I want to smell you on me right now..... Oh!!! Haven't we met before? I know you, I know that beguiling scent of orange, of patchouli, vanilla, benzoin.... but where do I know you from? The memory is probably a little further back and I just can't figure it out. I'm a little disappointed. I know you, I like you, but I was expecting something newer, different. And keep on guessing...
Sitting in the car a song of the 80s by Shade sounds from the radio, now, now I know it again where I know you from. I like to associate scents with music and memories. 1985....KL by Karl Lagerfeld. Baaaam, that's it. What I loved this scent in the beautiful fan bottle....very much, in fact, and was incredibly sad when it was discontinued.
Today, however, my nose prefers other scents. But if I ever want to transport myself back to the 80s, I will definitely reach for you, Coromandel.
FrauKirsche
The time was ripe... Lady!
On my list for years, but never tested to save myself disappointment. I didn't want to ruin the image I had of it. Censored, commented on, praised, idolized. In reference to my last blog and thanks to a bottling of the dear Maya, I wanted to know it now after all.
A feeling like on a blind date, where you think to yourself in advance "This will be nothing with us anyway" and you go anyway. Until now, I could be warm with no Chanel fragrance.

Spontaneously, I was very positively surprised. The fragrance begins rather dark. Soft and with subtle citrus fresh accents. In the course, it becomes more powdery and creamy, but nicely balanced by the patch. Cuddly and unobtrusive, but still somehow special. Not a riotous scent at all. Actually a very nice fragrance, but we will probably not meet again. On others I would probably find you really good. On me it feels dressed up.

Chanel... the little black dress, gold, pearls, elegance. A "lady fragrance" just, where lady should not be the equivalent of gentleman:-) The term "lady" is often pushed by the addition of "older" or "more mature" lady already in a certain direction. For me, "lady" but has absolutely nothing age-related, but shows through a certain charisma, a certain appearance.

When I close my eyes, I see with the fragrance rather Tippi Hedren, as she rowed in her pencil skirt across the lake or the good Audrey, as she looks for her cat. I don't see me there:-)
I like the scent, but we don't match. Interesting blind date, but nothing for longer. Still, nice that we finally met.

Durability: my skin has virtually inhaled the fragrance. After 1- 1 1/2 hours, he was, except on the wrist, for me hardly noticeable.

Still a small "women's fragrance" - history:
For years, a fragrance buzzes around in my head. A woman I knew ,always wore this one and I ALWAYS called her on it, and enjoyed being in the same room with her.
However, the scent itself was also room filling. Then at some point she bottled some for my birthday in a nice spray bottle and gave it to me. But she never told me what it was.
This is now certainly more than 10 years ago and I still own it and do not want to use up the last puny remainder. I've been to countless perfumeries with it, hoping someone would figure out what the fragrance was - negative. All I knew was that it had to be a "women's fragrance".... Dior, Guerlain, YSL - no Chanel. And I sniffed through everywhere and didn't find it.
After the dear patron was a real lady for me: tall, perfectly styled, always perfect make up, always everything exactly coordinated, classy but not ostentatious, elegant, it was the perfect fragrance for HER. And sometimes I'm almost glad I didn't find it.

... but, should I meet her again sometime in this life, I will still ask her about it:-)

and probably she won't be able to remember.
A memory so real..
New York. Summer. Mid-2000s.
I accompanied Him on a business trip for the first time. Kind of proud. Excited.
Full of emotion.
Overwhelmed.
Incredible heat and a rain that seemed to take everyone by surprise.
Burned into my memory.

I was wearing a short, airy dress and shoes that were way too high.
It was just before 5 and I was to be picked up for dinner.
As the rain started, I took refuge under an umbrella across from a gas station.
I pulled my flip phone out of my purse and called Him.

Ten minutes later, he roared up.
Whereby, rather slowly. In a
Sports car. I think from a friend Flat, black. A little too loud.
No room! - was my first thought.
A Ferrari or Lamborghini? I don't know.
Cars are not one of the things that interest me. Anyway, it was very uncomfortable.
To get in and to sit in.

He smiled mischievously at me
Inside, it was muggy.
And it smelled a little...musty. Whereas musty is a word with too strong a negative connotation.
Also, there was smoking in this car. Often. More cigar than cigarette I would guess.
My legs were sticking to the leather seat and it was dripping from my hair.
The window was open a crack and gasoline mingled with the smells.

Damp leather. Earth. Gasoline. Wet garden. Drops of sweat on my forehead. My powder.
Wet hair. Him next to me.
Leftover Yves Saint Laurent. Lipstick.

15 years later in a department store.
Have you tried Coromandel yet? No, Chanel has been rather too tangy for me lately.
She sprays my forearm twice.
I have to keep it short.
It hit me like a slap in the face.
Way too strong. But...wow. Way too good.
Way too true. Way too real.
Like a day in New York.
Ouch!

Suddenly, for a moment, he was standing next to me again, and I could barely breathe.
But feel!
I'll take it.

Yesterday, I opened him up.
I don't know if I'll manage to wear it or if it'll just be pulled out for that little moment, that memory, from time to time.
But he smells like a moment of real life.
And so at least he stays!

INDIGOSPHINX
Memories of mosquito spray...
Now, if you saw my title.
please don't be alarmed...

I grew up in Asia. and when I was a kid, there was many kinds of mosquito sprays sold around my town but pretty much all of them contained patchouli

I won' t go into all the notes, but just some random thoughts..

this smells better on a woman, a woman who wears make up and who is very pretty. Not necessarily old or rich. But she's got to have that vibe, the way she carries herself, cannot be ripped jeans and white top tanks. Nothing wrong with girls who wear those, its just not the type who would fit this scent.

Now No 5 leau, in comparison, can be worn on girls who rock ripped jeans and white tank tops perfectly.

This scent reminds me of fall. and is best enjoyed when below 65 degree weather.
Mina33
"Eternities come and go....
...Have tried them on more than once.
Here too tight, there too strict
Somewhere it pinches me.
Too whimsical, not my style,
The feeling doesn't suit me..."

A very interesting fragrance that I was able to test thanks to the Souk. Thank you for this opportunity at this point.

It is a fragrance with great and clearly recognizable as well as exciting scent progression. The opening is very citrusy, then a dominant earthy patchouli in the heart that reminds me of India and citrus sticks, the citrusy fades away and a woody creamy base emerges with the patchouli in the background. It is an elegant, grown up and unique fragrance that you will always smell out amongst many. Timelessly made for eternity.
I see it more in the evening, for special occasions etc. personally I find it unisex and good for cooler days.
The durability is quite good, the sillage moderate and I think every fragrance interested should sniff the times.

This fragrance is not my Beuteschema but my curiosity has won and the fragrance experience was worth it. I personally would not wear it, because it just does not fit me, is not my style but the creation and the quality are great.
Vogue2011
Like Paris in February: cool...but distinctive and unique!
My mother loves him!
My mother really shows him off!

You don't always necessarily emulate your own parents, but in the case of Coromandel, my mother has been my role model!
She got it as a gift from my father, and PERFECTLY!

Of course, I was as a good son then directly ready to get me the same fragrance, Mom wants only the best for me ;-)
Coromandel is the fragrance that makes us again and again to "unofficial ambassadors of "Les Exclusifs de Chanel", means: Together my mother and I have already told 20 strangers (!) People what we smell like and where the fragrance comes from :-))
And often came before: "I smelled it when they walked past me."

Coromandel is yes usually a kind of paravant to hide something or to make oneself rather shamefully visible.... Mademoiselle is said to have put up quite a few of them in her suite at the Ritz...
Only, hide or unscented past someone succeeds with the fragrance Coromandel NOT ;-)

PS: I always feel a very pleasant coolness in this fragrance, something refreshing.

The Satin ~ Rose Dress
First, you can perceive an intense and very strong lovely soft floral note, which is accompanied by an equally strong tart orangey, slightly waxy note and is due to the 'Neroli' and the 'bitter orange'.

At the same time, these two notes are accompanied by a citrusy, also quite herbaceous nuance, which at the same time gives the fragrance something slightly soapy fresh and I suspected the use of 'lemon' and 'lime', but also perhaps 'lemon grass'.
A tiny bit later, the already at the beginning clearly perceivable inkling has become an incredible dress.

Very heavy sweet earthy, almost like pure oil seeming tones combine with a pure bright, but also sweet floral, even fleshy, extremely deep creamy feeling tones to give the fragrance an indescribable satin - rose dress and from the 'patchouli' and the 'Turkish rose' stems.

Quite in the background, a very delicate, almost fragile freshly lovely floral note is responsible for the fact that Chanel Coromandel Eau de Parfum never appears dull, but extremely mobile transparent, but also dense billowing and I thought 'pink pepper', instead of jasmine for possible.
In the last 5 hours, the fragrance is led to a pleasant finish by a note of warm, delicately lovely creamy milk chocolate, which is surrounded and carried by a deep woody smoky and at the same time bright resinous note and comes from the 'benzoin', the 'vanilla', the 'mahogany' I suspected, the 'guaiac wood' and the 'soft smoke'.
'Musk' I could not perceive, but I can very well imagine that this was used to complement.

Overall, the fragrance lasts 12 hours on my skin.

The sillage is designed from the beginning 4.5 hours on a very clearly perceptible whole arm's length, before it minimizes in viscous steps until the fragrance fade.

"Thank you for bottling this, SolisOccasum!"
Coromandel, nomes est omen
Curious about the name, I found the following: Coco Chanel is said to have nearly fainted from happiness when she saw a "Coromandel screen" while entering a Chinese shop. After further research: Coromandel is the name for ebony in the English-speaking world.
So these beautiful "room dividers" stood as name givers for this "nose flatterer"
Whether ebony smells nice I do not know, it is very strange and hardly still present. In any case, the fragrance is a warm embrace, this morning, outside are -10 C°, just the right thing to start the day. The nice thing is, I know Coromandel will be with me all day today, always staying beautiful and flattering. It radiates an immense sense of well-being.
A clear recommendation for everyone who wants to snuggle up with something really comforting. If Marilyn Monroe had known this fragrance, you might have gone to bed with Coromandel instead of
Chanel No. 5 climbed into bed.

Harmonious and totally interesting
Have tested the fragrance today throughout the day and must say: a masterpiece. Very well matched, pleasant and yet interesting. The prelude is with me spicy oriental, with a citrus powdery note. With time, the fragrance becomes very pleasant / pleasing, think so you do not hurt anyone. At the end remains a powdery- slightly woody scent. Have still smelled like what is similar. Find the fragrance very wearable, best mMn in the fall. Great! Landed directly on the wish list.
You have to try it!
This scent seems to depend extremely on the skin (and/or nose) of the wearer. With the descriptions here of "mouldy earth", "rotten wood" and "mouldy rags" I wonder if we are really talking about the same scent...

The patchouli is only perceived here as a base, very subtle (and very beautiful!), but if I had to classify the fragrance with a keyword, I would rather call it "Vanilla-Orientals" than "Patchouli".

Name or no name - the fragrance is brilliantly coordinated - never too sweet, never too spicy, never too heavy - really brilliant!
Durability and Sillage are so weak on my skin that I first thought that they had made me a dupe here in the souk. Then I actually scrounged a test specimen in the Chanel-Store on site, but unfortunately it is the same: The smell becomes very fast very close to the body and after at the latest 3 hours I can perceive the smell only if I put my nose directly on the skin. Of the Chanel scents I know, it is definitely one of the most reserved (together with Coco Mademoiselle Eau Privé)
Conclusion: An extraordinarily beautiful fragrance - also unisex - which everyone should try on themselves. But with the (even by Chanel standards) very handsome price, the performance could not convince me.

CCatalina1CCatalina1 16 days ago
Representative for the elegant patchouli-white choco combo,and one of the most chic perfumes of Chanel,Coromandel is the epitome of style.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
In the opening, I get right away the bitter orange and the dirty patchouli. Earthy, woody, spicy, unisex, with a white chocolate feel.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
This one is really magical, it deserves all the hype. Definitely unisex, stop defining parfums with gender!
SartorialMeSartorialMe 12 months ago
Not sure why this has been classified as a woman's fragrance as (from personal experience) it can be worn equally well by men ????
FranknSenseFranknSense 1 year ago
It's not often that we encounter such an alluring patchouli perfume like this one.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the most gorgeous patchouli fragrances. That white chocolate accord it's something else!

★♡ https://youtu.be/p4WG_y7owmM
by SartorialMe
by Misianka
by Misianka

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel