Coromandel 2016 Eau de Parfum

Top 23 in Unisex Perfume
Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orangeBitter orange NeroliNeroli Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris rootOrris root JasmineJasmine PatchouliPatchouli RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin WoodsWoods MuskMusk VanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense AmberAmber White chocolateWhite chocolate

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.05.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Melts my heart!
Brief:
An intensely ambery fragrance with notes of patchouli, frankincense and benzoin. A soft and voluptuous embrace. (directly taken from chanel.com)

My thoughts:
Some perfumes make us feel. Coromandel makes me feel like no other.
It melts my heart.
I can't pronounce that its beauty is most majestic, and maybe to some souls, it won't even smell attractive. I pray that to be not the case for you. I can tell you, with a high degree of certainty, it's mysterious, well blended, an experience, and comes from a distant land.

It is a well deserved tribute to a true artist!

We all know, perfume houses rely on consumer trends to make mass market fragrances. Most times, there is no art left, just business and science. An artist foremost express their feelings through their art. In Monsieur Sheldrake, we have a true artist.

He was previously in-house perfumer at Serge Lutens, which with few other houses, made Niche what it is today. It must have been some sight to see his masterful creations taking 90s by storm. His Ambre Sultan and Chergui, along with dozen others, stay unchallenged. There are at least, if not more, half a dozen critically acclaimed masterpieces in his portfolio.

His creations are from - if you know you know category. If you do know them, then you have experienced 'something truly beautiful'. A portfolio that graceful begs to be put among the great masters. As is the case, niche being avant grade finds it hard to appeal to the masses.

Imagine in 2007, when Chanel, having lost ground to competition, was desperate to build an excluisve line. Jaques Polge, a grand master in his own right, asks of Sheldrake's help. Together they build Le exclusifs.

No better analogy explains Coromandel than - It is like your phone design gets picked by Apple for global distribution. Yes, rough edges have been polished, but original idea is very much in there.

To me, Coromandel is least of Chanels, not a bad thing. It is a re-interpretation by Monsieur Christopher Sheldrake of his previous love letter to East, Borneo 1834. Kudos to this partnership. No other house would have positioned this gem so well.

The truth is in front of us. After 15 years, Coromandel stays as the best seller among all Le exclusifs.

All that is superb. But, how can a perfume make things still? It melts my heart.

P.S. It's best enjoyed with classic music in the background.
P.P.S. There's also an extrait version.
Villeroy
A memory from my childhood
It's pouring outside. I'm lying comfortably on my grandfather's dusty old sofa, staring at the raindrops sinking down the window, listening to the rain. I've just finished reading a chapter of that old classic.... Next to me, an almost empty cup of my grandma's specialty, hot milk with white chocolate. While still savoring the taste in my mouth, my eyelids grow heavier and heavier and heavier.... I'm dreaming.
In the garden
The baby plays in the garden after the rain,
and the mommy is thinking,
"Should I eat wise chocolate?
Nah, better other delicacies!"
Baby takes wet earth in her hands
it starts raining again, both leave the garden under these circumstances
there is bathing, then a lot of powder,
"Here smells heavenly!" says the big brother
White Chocolate - the favourite chocolate of my childhood
Comment No. 3

All good things come in threes they say. Here that is definitely the case... Coromandel is for me the epitome of all good things combined in one fragrance.

Indicated in the section of female fragrances, yet completely unisex in my opinion. The absolutely most beautiful patchouli fragrance I know, with many different facets that show up again and again depending on the body, room and outside temperature in combination with the moisture that is in the air and on the skin..

Sometimes I smell more citrus- slightly powdery-leathery notes, sometimes more creamy, (white) chocolaty-sweet notes that all in all completely interweave beautifully to provide a very pleasant fragrance experience.

Never too strong, never too weak. Never intrusive, never penetrating. Always present & smellable. No fragrance I've ever had conjures up the people around me more often a smile on his face than this fragrance. For a long time it had to be very masculine and fresh for me so that I got the feeling that it fits, this fragrance has changed that feeling..

After some research into the ingredients of all the perfumes I have ever had, have and will have, I am extremely glad that this Chanel contains neither BHT nor Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Lilial). The latter will be officially banned next year, yet so many people still put it on their skin every day, which saddens me as these ingredients are known to have toxic properties that can cause allergies, skin irritation, headaches and nausea. In addition, they are associated with carcinogenic, hormone altering and reproductive effects which I consider to be of the highest concern. With a reason why my collection of 154 fragrances has reduced to 4.

At this point I wish everyone good health & happiness and maybe here and there a little more awareness in relation to such issues.
Haven't we met before?
Coromandel...heard, seen and read a lot about you.
But a blind date with you was too risky for me, so I ordered a bottling to get involved with you.
The expectation was high, quite high.
Excited I spray you on my skin right away, I want to smell you on me right now..... Oh!!! Haven't we met before? I know you, I know that beguiling scent of orange, of patchouli, vanilla, benzoin.... but where do I know you from? The memory is probably a little further back and I just can't figure it out. I'm a little disappointed. I know you, I like you, but I was expecting something newer, different. And keep on guessing...
Sitting in the car a song of the 80s by Shade sounds from the radio, now, now I know it again where I know you from. I like to associate scents with music and memories. 1985....KL by Karl Lagerfeld. Baaaam, that's it. What I loved this scent in the beautiful fan bottle....very much, in fact, and was incredibly sad when it was discontinued.
Today, however, my nose prefers other scents. But if I ever want to transport myself back to the 80s, I will definitely reach for you, Coromandel.
FrauKirsche
The time was ripe... Lady!
On my list for years, but never tested to save myself disappointment. I didn't want to ruin the image I had of it. Censored, commented on, praised, idolized. In reference to my last blog and thanks to a bottling of the dear Maya, I wanted to know it now after all.
A feeling like on a blind date, where you think to yourself in advance "This will be nothing with us anyway" and you go anyway. Until now, I could be warm with no Chanel fragrance.

Spontaneously, I was very positively surprised. The fragrance begins rather dark. Soft and with subtle citrus fresh accents. In the course, it becomes more powdery and creamy, but nicely balanced by the patch. Cuddly and unobtrusive, but still somehow special. Not a riotous scent at all. Actually a very nice fragrance, but we will probably not meet again. On others I would probably find you really good. On me it feels dressed up.

Chanel... the little black dress, gold, pearls, elegance. A "lady fragrance" just, where lady should not be the equivalent of gentleman:-) The term "lady" is often pushed by the addition of "older" or "more mature" lady already in a certain direction. For me, "lady" but has absolutely nothing age-related, but shows through a certain charisma, a certain appearance.

When I close my eyes, I see with the fragrance rather Tippi Hedren, as she rowed in her pencil skirt across the lake or the good Audrey, as she looks for her cat. I don't see me there:-)
I like the scent, but we don't match. Interesting blind date, but nothing for longer. Still, nice that we finally met.

Durability: my skin has virtually inhaled the fragrance. After 1- 1 1/2 hours, he was, except on the wrist, for me hardly noticeable.

Still a small "women's fragrance" - history:
For years, a fragrance buzzes around in my head. A woman I knew ,always wore this one and I ALWAYS called her on it, and enjoyed being in the same room with her.
However, the scent itself was also room filling. Then at some point she bottled some for my birthday in a nice spray bottle and gave it to me. But she never told me what it was.
This is now certainly more than 10 years ago and I still own it and do not want to use up the last puny remainder. I've been to countless perfumeries with it, hoping someone would figure out what the fragrance was - negative. All I knew was that it had to be a "women's fragrance".... Dior, Guerlain, YSL - no Chanel. And I sniffed through everywhere and didn't find it.
After the dear patron was a real lady for me: tall, perfectly styled, always perfect make up, always everything exactly coordinated, classy but not ostentatious, elegant, it was the perfect fragrance for HER. And sometimes I'm almost glad I didn't find it.

... but, should I meet her again sometime in this life, I will still ask her about it:-)

and probably she won't be able to remember.
A memory so real..
New York. Summer. Mid-2000s.
I accompanied Him on a business trip for the first time. Kind of proud. Excited.
Full of emotion.
Overwhelmed.
Incredible heat and a rain that seemed to take everyone by surprise.
Burned into my memory.

I was wearing a short, airy dress and shoes that were way too high.
It was just before 5 and I was to be picked up for dinner.
As the rain started, I took refuge under an umbrella across from a gas station.
I pulled my flip phone out of my purse and called Him.

Ten minutes later, he roared up.
Whereby, rather slowly. In a
Sports car. I think from a friend Flat, black. A little too loud.
No room! - was my first thought.
A Ferrari or Lamborghini? I don't know.
Cars are not one of the things that interest me. Anyway, it was very uncomfortable.
To get in and to sit in.

He smiled mischievously at me
Inside, it was muggy.
And it smelled a little...musty. Whereas musty is a word with too strong a negative connotation.
Also, there was smoking in this car. Often. More cigar than cigarette I would guess.
My legs were sticking to the leather seat and it was dripping from my hair.
The window was open a crack and gasoline mingled with the smells.

Damp leather. Earth. Gasoline. Wet garden. Drops of sweat on my forehead. My powder.
Wet hair. Him next to me.
Leftover Yves Saint Laurent. Lipstick.

15 years later in a department store.
Have you tried Coromandel yet? No, Chanel has been rather too tangy for me lately.
She sprays my forearm twice.
I have to keep it short.
It hit me like a slap in the face.
Way too strong. But...wow. Way too good.
Way too true. Way too real.
Like a day in New York.
Ouch!

Suddenly, for a moment, he was standing next to me again, and I could barely breathe.
But feel!
I'll take it.

Yesterday, I opened him up.
I don't know if I'll manage to wear it or if it'll just be pulled out for that little moment, that memory, from time to time.
But he smells like a moment of real life.
And so at least he stays!

INDIGOSPHINX
Memories of mosquito spray...
Now, if you saw my title.
please don't be alarmed...

I grew up in Asia. and when I was a kid, there was many kinds of mosquito sprays sold around my town but pretty much all of them contained patchouli

I won' t go into all the notes, but just some random thoughts..

this smells better on a woman, a woman who wears make up and who is very pretty. Not necessarily old or rich. But she's got to have that vibe, the way she carries herself, cannot be ripped jeans and white top tanks. Nothing wrong with girls who wear those, its just not the type who would fit this scent.

Now No 5 leau, in comparison, can be worn on girls who rock ripped jeans and white tank tops perfectly.

This scent reminds me of fall. and is best enjoyed when below 65 degree weather.
Mina33
"Eternities come and go....
...Have tried them on more than once.
Here too tight, there too strict
Somewhere it pinches me.
Too whimsical, not my style,
The feeling doesn't suit me..."

A very interesting fragrance that I was able to test thanks to the Souk. Thank you for this opportunity at this point.

It is a fragrance with great and clearly recognizable as well as exciting scent progression. The opening is very citrusy, then a dominant earthy patchouli in the heart that reminds me of India and citrus sticks, the citrusy fades away and a woody creamy base emerges with the patchouli in the background. It is an elegant, grown up and unique fragrance that you will always smell out amongst many. Timelessly made for eternity.
I see it more in the evening, for special occasions etc. personally I find it unisex and good for cooler days.
The durability is quite good, the sillage moderate and I think every fragrance interested should sniff the times.

This fragrance is not my Beuteschema but my curiosity has won and the fragrance experience was worth it. I personally would not wear it, because it just does not fit me, is not my style but the creation and the quality are great.
Vogue2011
Like Paris in February: cool...but distinctive and unique!
My mother loves him!
My mother really shows him off!

You don't always necessarily emulate your own parents, but in the case of Coromandel, my mother has been my role model!
She got it as a gift from my father, and PERFECTLY!

Of course, I was as a good son then directly ready to get me the same fragrance, Mom wants only the best for me ;-)
Coromandel is the fragrance that makes us again and again to "unofficial ambassadors of "Les Exclusifs de Chanel", means: Together my mother and I have already told 20 strangers (!) People what we smell like and where the fragrance comes from :-))
And often came before: "I smelled it when they walked past me."

Coromandel is yes usually a kind of paravant to hide something or to make oneself rather shamefully visible.... Mademoiselle is said to have put up quite a few of them in her suite at the Ritz...
Only, hide or unscented past someone succeeds with the fragrance Coromandel NOT ;-)

PS: I always feel a very pleasant coolness in this fragrance, something refreshing.

XanthonXanthon 2 months ago
- Incense in a Chanel suit
- Very warm and serious
- Loud dry-down with nuances of chocolate
- Masculine/ Unisex
- Pleasing
BS96BS96 5 months ago
An excellent suit or date scent. To my nose one of the best quality patchouli fragrance on the market. Easy to wear, easy to like.
AkisAkis 6 months ago
If you feel like a king this is for you. Amazing scent! White chocolate and patchouli dominating this composition. Huge love
Dkar16Dkar16 6 months ago
Still one of the most beautiful patchouli fragrances out there, bit of a fall from grace from the EDT but the patchouli is still beautiful.
Ka3nKa3n 8 months ago
That's the perfect chocolate patchouli right here.I'm not crazy fan of that note in abundance but Chanel has my wallet by the neck with this
CCatalina1CCatalina1 12 months ago
Representative for the elegant patchouli-white choco combo,and one of the most chic perfumes of Chanel,Coromandel is the epitome of style.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
In the opening, I get right away the bitter orange and the dirty patchouli. Earthy, woody, spicy, unisex, with a white chocolate feel.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
This one is really magical, it deserves all the hype. Definitely unisex, stop defining parfums with gender!
SartorialMeSartorialMe 2 years ago
Not sure why this has been classified as a woman's fragrance as (from personal experience) it can be worn equally well by men ????
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
It's not often that we encounter such an alluring patchouli perfume like this one.

by IrisNobile
Der kleine Große und der Kleine in Lillyput. (die kleine Skulptur stammt aus einer Kunstgalerie auf Borkum - leider weiß ich den Namen der Künstlerin nicht mehr)
by UntermWert
by SartorialMe
by Misianka
by Misianka

Popular by Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel 1957 by Chanel