Coromandel 2016Eau de Parfum

Top 9 in Women's Perfume
Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is earthy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Neroli, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Patchouli, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Woods, Musk, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.10.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Razvanyke
Pure luxury in a bottle, that last and returns to say hello
I found out about this perfume from YouTube, did not even know that Chanel has the Exclusifs before the Corona times. Here in Düsseldorf, Douglas Kö has the Chanel line so I went there and tried it. OMG what a beautiful olfactory experience, the initial impression was that of a rich aristocrat (lady or man, does not matter), maybe British in a nice secluded castle.

The lady there was kind enough to give me a sample and I left .. then kept spraying and it would stay with me for a whole day with one spray only, even more than one day.. longevity is strong, exactly like Parfumo says.

The smell is a chocolatey, sweet not dark with patchouli and another strong smell which I do not recognize yet, can be vanilla or bitter orange.

I am lucky enough to have got a 200ML bottle which will probably last my whole life, every time I spray this I get transposed to that castle in the forest, with a beautiful house and an aristocracy-like atmosphere.

Probably it is a bit the charm of the name Chanel, the hype but also the smell itself which are causing such a perception. I am very glad to have met you, Coromandel .. we will always be together !

Intoxicating Heavenly Scent
Now this is a magnificent fragrance that just enthralls you at first sniff.

A refined smooth blast of patchouli kicks things off followed by the most gorgeous frankincense accord that I have smelled in a fragrance. This is followed by white chocolate and a beautiful rose note. These notes are a marriage made in heaven.

The lovely enchanted blend is quite strong for a few hours with the incense leading the way for dominance over your nose. Eventually the beautiful scent calms down and the incense takes the backseat as the white chocolate and patchouli gently take over.

The projection and sillage are decent and I get about ten hours longevity.

This is a perfect 10 out of 10 in my book and one of the most intoxicating fragrances I have ever smelled. Big thumbs up!
Coromandel EdP - one for the TopTen patchouli fragrances
A few years ago I wrote a commentary on the Coromandel Eau de Toilette and gave it a straight 10. My conclusion at that time: the best patchouli fragrance In the meantime, I have gotten to know many patchouli fragrances, and have become more and more addicted to them. You can reduce this to a common denominator: as long as patchouli is in a fragrance, it can't go wrong for me.

Like all the bottles in the 'Les Exclusifs de Chanel' series, the von bottle is a simple, no-frills yet high-quality glass bottle. I like beautiful flacons very much, but the decisive factor is what's inside, and here, content clearly beats form.

The prelude is a bit citric, a bit flowery - and very elegant. At first sight it reminds me of Chanel N°5 or Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere, which I liked to wear in the office for a long time. Quite quickly, however, patchouli in a sweet-powdery version is predominant. My confused nose smells neither iris nor iris root, but again almonds, even if this is not mentioned in the fragrance pyramid. Musk and vanilla are clearly perceptible, finely balanced with incense. The base is a dream, with slightly resinous and woody notes added.

The EdP seems more pleasing to me than the EdT. And while I could have imagined the EdT with its edges on men, I find it harder to imagine Coromandel EdP - I find Coromandel EdP much rounder, softer, more feminine.
This is a grandiose, warm, earthy, slightly sweet dream scent and, like EdT, is one of the best patchouli scents for me. The sensational fragrance triggers a feeling of well-being, warmth and security in me. The durability is with +10 hours on my skin more than super.

Since this scent is quite new to me, I'm already scraping my hooves a little bit that it will finally be autumn. Yes, I read that correctly, and I know it's not even summer. But Coromandel is for me a fragrance for the rather cooler season and part of me can't wait to wear it often.
DonJuanDeCat
A scent like the master herself!
Good evening you snoopers! I come to a very special smell tonight. A scent that seems to be not only world-famous (well, I only knew it by name until now and until recently I didn't even have it under my nose! Yes yes, shame on my head and all... :D), but also apparently one of the best women's fragrances ever, as it appears again and again in the top fragrance lists.

Of course I'm talking about Chanel's "Coromandel", which I present here in the new EDP edition from 2016. Right, Coromandel! And no, this is not almond scent :D
The name of the fragrance comes from the wall screens (also known as Spanish Wall or Screen) from China, which Chanel herself liked so much. These screens, which are traditional Chinese furnishings, were exported from China to Europe via the Coromandel Coast in India and were therefore given the name Coromandel screen. And in case you wonder why the word "almond" is in the name... well, that's just the derivation of the original name from the Tamil language (belongs to the Indian languages): Chola Mandal, where Chola was a South Indian dynasty and Mandal stood for the Mandalam region there. Both together, i.e. Chola Mandal, finally resulted in Coromandel (I hope that's true so far :D).

Anyway, Chanel found these screens absolutely outstanding, so that she even decorated her apartment with them and collected some of these folding walls. It is said that she bought over 30 walls in the course of time. This fragrance (or rather its predecessor from 2007) is dedicated to Coco's love of these wonderful objects of art. It's so beautiful that it can even effortlessly compete with a masterpiece (like No 5) composed by Coco herself and therefore looks as if Coromandel had been created by Coco Chanel herself. Of course, you might ask yourself why Chanel herself never named a fragrance in her lifetime...

But talked long enough. Let's see what he really smells like!

The smell:
Despite the listing of bitter orange, neroli and lemon in the top note, for me the fragrance starts mainly with soft-warm benzoin and slightly earthy patchouli. Neroli can only be smelled a bit afterwards. Well, bitter orange may flash up briefly, then mixes quickly with neroli, which is of course not bad, as it smells nice anyway. Then there are quickly other gentle scents like iris, which makes the scent more powdery. In the fragrance list it says iris root, but for me it's more the iris itself because of the mentioned powdery notes. An iris root smells to me rather carroty, especially like grated carrots (which I find great as a fragrance, by the way!).
In addition, like No5, the fragrance has classic and mature scents that remind me a bit of aldehydes, but which are not as pronounced as in No5 (and are probably not aldehydes at all here), as this fragrance comes across much more gently and becomes even more gentle as it progresses. Only a little later the incense appears, which goes especially well with benzoin and patchouli.
A little later you can still smell soft and resinous scents, which come across very nicely. The sweetness of the fragrance now also comes a little bit of vanilla, which, in addition to the resins and the iris, of course provides an additional, powdery radiance. Then woods follow, which form a wonderful basis for the base, where it now smells a little more like patchouli, but of course still of the mentioned, gentle resins. The vanilla becomes a little stronger and thus goes very well with the resins. That's it, and I think that the fragrance is rightly so popular.

The Sillage and the durability:
The sillage is quite good, because you are enveloped in a larger scent cloud for a longer period of time. So there is no need to exaggerate with the dosage, even if you might have the feeling that the scent might be weaker due to the gentle aura. The durability is quite good, the fragrance lasts for about 12 hours.

The bottle! The fragrance belongs to the Les Exclusifs and therefore comes in a bottle that is uniform for the deer, but noble. Even if the bottle seems a bit too simple for me, it's still very high quality. It is rectangular, high and shows the name of the fragrance on a simple, square label. The glossy cap is black and shows the Chanel logo on top. The lid is also magnetic, which I like very much. A beautiful, but somewhat simple bottle.

Conclusion:
Oh yes! The smell is absolutely beautiful! I think it's really wonderful, even though many parts of the fragrance seem very familiar to me because of my many fragrance tests. Because I really often had such powdery, soft scents under my nose, and this one is one of the really super made scents, because the composition works really well. The fragrance has a great aura without being overwhelming. It is free of smelly synthetics, which is of course always great. It has a slightly more mature or classical approach, but also smells modern-powdery, so that it is equally suitable for every woman, no matter if younger or older.

And since I'm talking about women: Yes, although some people here feel the fragrance is more of a unisex, my opinion is that this is a pure women's fragrance, because it simply smells very feminine with its soft, sweet and also slightly floral scents. Of course everyone can wear whatever they want, of course, but for me this is simply a women's fragrance. Can be used anytime, but best in autumn and winter. On special occasions it can also be used freely, but I would recommend it most for the evening and generally for going out.

Coromandel is a very elegant and testable fragrance. I always thought that everyone here exaggerated with Coromandel, but it's actually true. For some frequent testers the scent might have lost a little bit of its speciality (especially if you got to know the scent quite late), since you have tested such scents quite often until then, but I would also recommend them to test this scent as well, if they haven't done so already.

Yes, I'm completely convinced of this scent. And yes... it seems so beautiful, so feminine, so... and it was clear that this is the next step... so yummy and tasty, he he :))

Well, that's it, then. Thanks to Flaconesse for the opportunity to test the fragrance! Well then, have a nice evening and see you all next time!
It's all bullshit.
The declaration of Coromandel as a supposedly "pure" women's fragrance irritated me so much when wearing and testing it that I took the liberty of calling up all Chanel fragrances that Parfumo has listed (i.e. all of them) and adjusting the filter settings so that only unisex fragrances are displayed. Phew ... it's pretty poor, what Chanel has in its portfolio in this direction. Apparently, this somewhat elitist brand is still one that divides fragrances classically into "male" and "female", while the unisex idea is lived far too carefully. And it is exactly this caution that does not do justice to the wonderful Coromandel water. Actually, only very few fragrances will do so, since the motto "wear what you like" should apply to all of them instead of hanging on to artificially created gender boundaries. But let's leave this discussion for a moment and dedicate ourselves to the olfactory.

The prelude presents me with a riddle at the beginning. Did "Lumière Noire pour homme" accidentally end up in the mini-sprayer? I clearly perceive a rose-patchouli compound, which I also know from Kurkdjian's masterpiece. But the "fear", if one can speak of such a thing at all, disappears, because with the addition of a slightly fruity note, probably originating from the top note, the whole thing develops its own character. Thus, the rose retreats more and more over time, leaving the field to the green-earthy patchouli, which completely eradicates the citrus fruit except for a small residue and never lets the fragrance drift into the fruity youthfulness. I mean to smell benzoin in this context as well, but not a bit sweet or sticky like you are used to from other benzoin crackers. Only a discreetly colicky aroma comes through, whereby one has to work hard and concentrate to classify it as smoky or benzoin-like, which actually only shows how excellently the two perfumers succeeded in harmoniously combining all scents. The scent, which progresses quickly but not too quickly, finishes with musk and vanilla, which makes the earthy patchouli a little creamy and sweet without being sticky or prescription for diabetics.
In the end, something was created in which earthy patchouli, refreshed with subtle fruit, meets a vanilla cream with a minimum of sweetness. This can actually be worn at any time and at any place, without the environment being slain, and this, mind you, by both sexes. This stiffening of male and female fragrance is - I just have to repeat it again - a big nonsense
Angelina90
Wow - what kind of patchouli is this?!!
As the title says: wow, an incredible patchouli scent!
This fragrance is out of this world...it has something so special that makes you almost completely dependent on it - IF you like patchouli ;) and I love GOOD and RIGHT dosed patchouli! :)

He's elegant
He's Oriental
He is cute, but in his own NOT mainstream way
It has something slightly floral
He shows, when he feels like it, a little musk
It spreads in space
He eats himself in clothes and reminds you one day later that he exists and that you should love him again, please
He's incredible He's not for wimps It is for women (maybe also men?) who carry a huge portion of self-confidence in themselves

Period.

Passion ignited
So, now I have to swing a little longer.
With this fragrance my daily routine is confused.
Coromandel sprayed in a package of Chanel samples and thought "WOW" how ingenious it smells!
I can't get enough sniffing anymore.
Yes and if there are such ingenious specimens, then there must also be other "special" fragrances, thereby Parfumo discovered and read .... read... read...
Bought samples on eBay...... bought.... tested...
In retrospect, I really had to think what great fragrances I could have purchased in the " original "!
It didn't get any better, the hunting instinct was awakened, so to speak, for special "niche scents" or at all.
A few times I thought" then you drive to Stuttgart (about 1.5 hours)". But -- Is it worth it? I only have two arms!!!
Yes, so it is, these sufferings - creates.
But now I am finally here among like-minded
and I now have a fragrant hobby!
It's great.
Coromandel's still great, too.
Our love is easy
"Deep within your heart,
you know it's plain to see.
Like Adam was to Eve,
you were made for me..."

Your gentle laugh - lively overture.
Citric, invigorating. Will you take me with you? The way I am, you go with me.
Our love is easy.

"If you ask me plainly
I would gladly say
I'd like to have you round
just for them rainy days..."

Your shining patchouli - no sliding down into the dark. Soft green glow. Transcendental.
Your iris root - mild earthiness and yet so flowery tender. Mystical.
You lead me inside. You ground me, you balance when I'm too much for myself.

That's how you stay with me - my protector. Many hours.
Warming sweetness of benzoin and vanilla comfort.
Exhausted children's noses, nestling tenderly to mother's sweater.
Our love is easy.

"Every time we meet it's like the first we kiss.
Never growing tired of this endlessness."
The quotes come from the song "Our love is easy" by Melody Gardot. ;)

Coromandel EDP

I had a huge trepidation trying Coromandel. I heard it was close to Fancy Nights, something I down wright loathed and put Coromandels exploration on the back burner. Come to find out, they arent related at all to me.

I feel everything has been pretty much accurately covered regarding the nuts and bolts making up Coromandel, so Im going to take a birdwalk to expand this a bit in a few different directions.

I first sprayed Coromandel, It felt slightly familiar. Matriarch's CoCo Blanc came to mind in its milky chai vanilla wood feel. 1932 edt also resonated with me with its sweet woody vanillic base once again is used in Coromandel, as is the orris note. Angel sprung to mind with its chocolaty patchouli.

Coromandel is indeed beautiful and well done, and it strikes me with its oilbanum, patchouli, orris, and musky woods as a very creamy base driven scent. I might get a full bottle not only for the fact this absolutely blew my doors off as a great scent, but I suspect there is much more to it than this..I think it could also be a tremendous layering component to those that do like to layer and blend their fragrances. I cant wait to layer this under my orientals I already have in my collection.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 29 days ago
This one is really magical, it deserves all the hype. Definitely unisex, stop defining parfums with gender!
SartorialMeSartorialMe 119 days ago
Not sure why this has been classified as a woman's fragrance as (from personal experience) it can be worn equally well by men ????
FranknSenseFranknSense 7 months ago
It's not often that we encounter such an alluring patchouli perfume like this one.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
One of the most gorgeous patchouli fragrances. That white chocolate accord it's something else!
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Sweeter than Edt,less patchouli,more concentrated.Stays more on skin.If i'd have to choose,Edp would be the only i'd keep.All season fit.

On va s'amuser, Gabrielle
by SartorialMe
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel