Cuir de Russie 2016Eau de Parfum

Cuir de Russie (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is leathery-animal. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.10.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Cuir de Russie (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Similar to Musc Ravageur .. old autobahn toilette smell
I know the Exclusif series and I am a big fan of Coromandel, I think it is in art form of perfume creation and just love to smell it both on a lady or on myself.

Today I went to the Chanel boutique to sample this exclusifs series and I liked Boy, Sycomore and of course Coromandel.

I tried the Cuir Russie for which I had big expectations, right from the flacon to the nose and I got a strong smell of dry pissoir, identical to the one from Musc Ravageur. Funny thing, I even see that Parfumo mentions Musc Ravageur as "loved by the ones who love Cuir Russie".

Maybe it is a nice smell, for the people who do not perceive this dry pissoir from the Autobahn scent.

Opulent Refined Leather
Now this is gorgeous and opens up with a creamy buttery ylang ylang followed by a very refined supple almost suede like leather.

As time passes you can smell jasmine,dry woods, iris all woven tightly together that the scent shimmers on your skin. Smell it one moment you get the leather, smell it again and you can smell the jasmine. It is a beautiful classy multifaceted fragrance.

Deep into the drydown after many hours I can even smell a soft and sensual animalic scent on my skin.

This scent lasted seven hours on my skin and the projection and sillage was decent.

I have to say this is one of the most luxurious and classy fragrances I have ever smelled. Bravo to Chanel this is just a beautiful refined gem of a scent. Big thumbs up!

Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Despite of (or because of) its citrusy opening and floral heart, leather and birch rule over a leathery, smoky and balsamic masterpiece.

...in der Lederwerkstatt.
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Beige (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel