La Pausa 2016Eau de Parfum

La Pausa (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is green-powdery. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.10.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume 28 La Pausa (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

BelAmi
Keep calm, even in crises.
Humorless! Herbaceous dust cloud irises! Extremely dressed up...I read in the descriptions here. Everything is true and yet not true. In search of an iris that is not quite as powdery as "°19 Poudré", that is green-transparent, that does not fill the room and is also a little bit more herbaceous (in a positive sense!), I stumbled over this fragrance. For a long time, the specimen lay unnoticed in the drawer. And a few months ago it would not have been noticed either. All winter long I was wrapped in warming-sweet scents. Sweeter scents than I had ever worn before. But now I've had enough. The current crisis is taking its toll on our household with two day-care children. The inner voice says daily, several times, clearly and loudly "Keep calm...!

I miss the uncomplicated going out into the countryside here in the city. Everything is more elaborate and uncomplicated these days. A raised forefinger hovers over everything. Nowhere to settle down, exhorting the children to keep their distance etc. I was longing for a green-grassy scent with a hint of herbaceousness, which would allow my mind to become as clear as the deep breathing of fresh sea air. It is bright and friendly like spring, but not as cuddly as my cotton-soft musk excursions in the past winter months. No, bright and radiant and spring-fresh I wished for a fragrance. And there it is!

Some here criticize durability and silage. The durability is many hours for me. My neighbours can certainly perceive the scent, but not like a Coco Mademoiselle, who is always a little ahead of me, but more like a fresh, cultivated aura. For some it may indeed seem too distinguished and elegant. After the green-fresh opening comes this pudgy note, which some describe as lipstick. But it remains fresh and light green in its aura. Just as it likes to be on days when the world inside is spinning particularly fast and you still need to keep a clear head.

Conclusion: no fragrance for everyone. But if you like the newer version of "N°19"
may also like this one
5.5

Was Going to Buy It
The top notes intrigued me at the counter, but when I got home with a sample and tried this, it turned into a skin scent in moments. The lovely powderiness at first reminded me of Chanel's divine Misia, but it didn't live up to that fragrance in the end. Re-smelling my arm now, the powder is very subdued, the Iris is almost gone, there's only a hint of woodiness. Glad I didn't buy. Reaching for something else to put on, let's see...okay Neil Morris's Afire. I'm getting addicted to it.

by Pralinchen
by Pralinchen
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel