N°18 2016Eau de Parfum

N°18 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.10.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume N°18 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

Wedding Day?
A simple, yet elegant fragrance. Inarguably a daytime scent, with its luminous floral notes. No. 18 is a perfect balance of fruits and flowers. Ambrette tends to produce a soapy, clean, white musk-like aroma. I find that this note contributes significantly to No. 18. While iris is listed, it doesn't have a deep presence here. Not like Chanel La Pausa. The "woody notes" are also quite subtle; however, this is likely due to adding tones or balance. Overall, Chanel No. 18 is a very pretty floral, fitting for warmer weather or daywear. Could this be your wedding day fragrance? I think it certainly has the potential.
Bright days by the sea!
Fragrances are supposed to preserve a moment of happiness, as a well-known perfumer once revealed about his intention. If N° 18 can preserve a moment of happiness for me, then the memories of bright summer days on the beach and evening with a Gin Tonic waiting for the sunset.

The fragrance, reminiscent of Gin Tonic in pure colour, has a wonderful prelude. The Ambrettsamen and something slightly fruity create an image in my head that shows the blue of the sea and evokes the airy atmosphere of the sea. Something light, carefree, quite adult. Then a clear brandy note is added. I must have looked irritated during the test in the Chanel boutique. The consultant with a twinkle in her eye: he's tingling in her nose, isn't he? ..and when I asked him, he said, "Grappa! A few weeks later I had fallen to the ground in the hotel. Wiped up with a cloth and placed aside, the drops emitted a distinct N°18 note in the hotel room for the entire duration of the stay. It was a bright, very nice weekend at the sea.

It must have been a good year ago. Now the winter is coming to an end, which in my hometown is characterized by a lot of rain and wind, a lot of wind. I'm getting a little tired of the winter scents. Then I remembered the scent of Chanel N° 18 again. I pulled out the second sample, which was given to me sometime in the last months. And there it was - the scent, bright and clear. The thoughts became lighter and freer with every step in the winter rain. Slightly fruity and woody, with this soothing clarity that I can hardly describe, the Duftaura envelops me for hours. And that again I find quite remarkable. Despite his transparent appearance I am very impressed by this durability over many hours and the Sillage, which goes slightly over your body, the next will surely touch, but far from feeling out.

I still don't like the grappa note very much, but it only comes at the beginning and disappears on my skin quite soon.

Thank you, Mr. Polge. Whenever I want to conjure up the bright days at the sea, air and light in my mind, a breath of N° 18 is enough!

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Beige (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel