Sycomore (2016) Eau de Parfum

Sycomore (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel
Bottle Design: Jacques Helleu
Sycomore (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.06.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Sycomore (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel, which differs in concentration.

8.0 8.0 9.0 6.5/10

The same, but different
With Sycomore we have once again a beautiful proof that the indication of twin fragrances is quite interesting, but unfortunately not very helpful in the decision making process in the search for fragrances.

Encre Noire, one of my absolute favorites, is also listed here as a fragrance twin at Sycomore. And yes, if you look at the scents, mainly vetiver and cypress - fits.

And then there's the bottling. And you spray yourself with anticipation with a strong thrust on the wrist. After all, I don't want to wear a men's scent, and Encre Noire is a men's scent. And yes, I don't really care whether I'm wearing a men's or women's fragrance, as long as it's beautiful. But Sycomore is a declared women's fragrance, and I would rather wear a women's fragrance... :-)

And there this spray shot has landed on the wrist... Yes, he immediately reminds me of my beloved Encre Noire - but stop!
Ui, but he's got a lot of wood in front of the hut... (well, it IS a ladies scent - muahahah, collapses) and then quite a spiciness too... (although I actually like pepper a lot). But unfortunately too much wood usually has the effect that it smells after a while - I don't like to pronounce it - peeled on it. And this effect will appear quite soon with me here...

Oh, what a pity... but in this constellation it is too much wood and spiciness for my nose and in the end so completely different from Encre Noire with its light sweetness. If I didn't know any better, I'd classify the two exactly the other way round, Sycomore rather than men's fragrance - whereby I would find unisex the most appropriate for both of them.

Well, the nose wants what the nose wants - and so Sycomore is allowed to move on and hopefully make a nose happy, which can do more with it :-)
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Sycomore Eau de Parfum
Having not tried Sycomore EDT previously, I had no preconceived thoughts about this fragrance, other than having read that the EDT is more smoky and the EDP is more woody.

The Eau de Parfum is a dark woody fragrance, with fresh green and a warm medium smoky scent. The notes seem to switch back and forth between the vetiver and cypress, with a slightly spiced tobacco and juniper poking out here and there.

Though it is listed as unisex, this is seems to be more of a masculine scent. Due to its refined scent, I would gauge this best for age 25+.

With two sprays, the sillage was about 6 feet (2 meters).
If you feel like wearing this to the office, I would suggest limiting yourself to only one spray, as it is nicely potent.

The scent had a really strong sillage for about four hours, and then mellowed out a bit but is is still detectable from about 3 feet (1 meter) away.

Really well made!
9/10

Lillibet 17 months ago
Sycomore grew on me by degrees. It isn't a "swoon when you first sniff it" scent but it is tremendously versatile & I reach for it often.+3
6.0

by Rivegauche
by Rivegauche
Sycomore EdP
by Lillibet

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel