Misia 2015 Eau de Toilette

Misia (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Polge

Orris rootOrris root
Powdery notesPowdery notes
Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 10.11.2021.

AveParfum
I think this is my favorite lipstick & powder compact perfume
Heavy violet, a touch of rose, and a little musk. Very feminine and playful. Smells like violette pastilles mixed with waxy lipstick. Wonderful!

The first burst of fragrance, which is short-lived, is a beautiful, sweet, realistic blend of raspberry, peach and lychee. Smells like candies for a second or two.

I love lychees, and I don't care if they are fresh or canned. If I see them, I gobble them. Every single time I come across a perfume that claims to have a lychee note, it is not realistic at all. Misia is the first time I ever smelled lychee that was 100% accurate. While the other fruit notes fade away, the scent of lychee remains on my skin the entire time. It blends effortlessly with the scent of violet. I am amazed at the genius of that pairing. On my skin, and to my excitement, lychee is one of the strongest notes. I LOVE that and will probably buy a bottle just for the lychee!

It absolutely belongs in the Chanel lineup. It is a finely crafted perfume and seems destined to become a classic.

Return of the Belle Eqoque
Chanel's just-released Misia is a new take on old ideas. Right away I smell the aldehydes that characterize Chanel No. 5 and, in that perfume, prevent me from wearing it. I smell a bit of the green from No. 19. The violet, iris and rose create a lipstick accord with the powder and vanilla notes. When I first smelled it at the perfume counter, I was surprised. Twice I came back to it as I browsed. I couldn't decide if it was beautiful and, if so, was it original or an imitation of something else I'd smelled. Then I realized the designer did this deliberately. Misia was a celebrated woman of the belle epoque (1871-1914) a wealthy appreciator and patroness of the arts. Multiply married, she hung out with Diaghilev and financed the Ballet Russes (and many artists). Great painters painted her, great composers dedicated their music to her. Per FROM THE LAND OF SHADOWS by Clive James, "Her taste was original, penetrating and in most cases definitive...For most of her life she was too rich to be a true bohemian, and too passionate about art to be a true representative of high society." She also knew Colette, the author who first inspired me. More importantly for us, she was a great influence on and friend of Coco Chanel (they were rumored to be lovers). This crowd lived life, much like the cutting edge creative elite and their patrons/admirers still do--fully, joyfully and (to conventional society) scandalously. Good for them (with one or two exceptions, perhaps). Ultimately I fell in love with this perfume. It's a modern version of your great great grandmother's scent if she could afford it--richly feminine but not flowery or ordinary. Since the age of 11, I've wished I was alive during the belle epoque and lived in Paris. Barring that, I'll look up a biography of Misia and read it while wearing this.

Full Disclosure: Hubby sniffed it and said it has a note that reminds him of garages where they work on old cars. He prefers London to Paris, so I ignored that. However, just in case, best test before a buy.

May 20, 2015
This has become one of my favorites. Think of the best tube of lipstick you've ever smelled. Add inspired floral notes. That's Misia.

TeaWithMilkTeaWithMilk 6 years ago
Great review, I enjoyed reading it!

4 ml sample
by PontNeuf
by Colombina
by Colombina

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel