N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel

NSku
07.01.2013 - 04:53 AM
Helpful Review

transformative experience

Correction: this is my feedback on No.19 Poudré EDP -- which I just discovered has its own page.

Initially was somewhat reminiscent of Rive Gauche, however only picking up two voices, the sharp astringent underneath a creamy lily or tuberose scent

40 min later, develops into a delicate, but multivoiced scent. Made me think of delicate blossoming white flowers, very translucent. It has become a delicate and sweeter scent with a hint of the sharpness to prevent it from becoming cloyingly sweet -- retaining a piquancy. Making me think of bone china or fine thin porcelain tea cups, a young woman blossoming under the kisses of her lover; breathless, suspended quality of a ballerina with alabaster skin.

2.5 hrs later: more delicate, still the same tones but creamier.

6 hrs later delicate dry but also creamy at the same time.

This perfume made me feel young, beautiful and elegant, the way I felt when I was a ballet dancer.

Latest Reviews

NSkuNSku 9 years ago
Fi-Fi - de Nivel

Fi-Fi Elegance in a bottle
Floral with an astringency. Makes me think of hyacinth or tuberose or some other bulb flower but with no grassy element that would clarify or sharpen the scent. It is spicy and rich or deep with the background of astringency (from the aldehydes?)....

NSkuNSku 10 years ago
Calèche (Eau de Toilette) - Hermès

Calèche (Eau de Toilette) powerful athletic elegance
This is a review of the pre- 1990 formulation: Overall impression: To me this is an austere, "severe Parisienne” perfume. (Yesterday's Perfume blog really captures this aspect of the perfume.) Not girlish or feminine but powerful,...