N°5 L'Eau (2016)Eau de Toilette

N°5 L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Lemon, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Cedar, Musk

Submitted by CPL, last update on 13.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Lily-Rose Depp.

A spring love
The liaison between L'eau and me started about two years ago with a misunderstanding.

Convinced that I was holding a sample of the original Chanel No. 5, I sprayed a minimal amount of the fragrance on my wrist, prepared for the worst (I had tested it ages ago and found it simply ghastly) and prudently without any further plans for the day.

I was completely stunned to discover that I no longer found the horrible brew horrible at all, but that I fell in love almost immediately and, to top it all off, the scent became more beautiful by the minute.
I held my wrist under the nose of every available family member, stammering chalk-white: "This is Chanel No. 5!!!! I can't believe it!!! How can he be so beautiful??? Have I lost my mind?!?"
Family was just as baffled.

Completely enthusiastically I used the test specimen and shortly before my ordering finger could send the final purchase message here in the Souk, I took a close look at the lettering on the test specimen for whatever reason
"Chanel No. 5 L'eau"

There she was, the solution to the riddle and misunderstanding.
I wasn't going crazy I had fallen in love with another fragrance.

The ordering finger corrected and point-blank I was in possession of the fragrance, which has probably forever and ever secured a permanent place in my collection.

For me, L'eau is sunshine, spring, fresh air, a warm breeze and joy in the bottle.
Fresh but not cold, flowery but not overwhelming, hardly sweet but not harsh and yet very tender and flattering.
When warm, it blends in seamlessly with nature outside, in the cold months it brings me back the light.
For me he is not the watered-down version of Urchanel, he is something completely different, for me he is worlds more beautiful.
Much more tender, fresh, softer, younger, dreamier, a girl on a flowering spring meadow.

If I could keep only two fragrances forever and ever - L'eau would be one of them.
Angelina90
You know me and you don't
This advertising slogan fits like a glove!
The first thing that came to my mind when I sniffed l'eau was: wow this is somehow Chanel Grandma No.5 but somehow not.....very funny......but WONDERFUL!!

It has been modernised, and in my opinion successfully.
It's citric
It's fresh
He's elegant
He has the special No 5

This mixture is perfect! An elegant fragrance that is fresh at the same time! Unbelievable!

I always found Chanel No 5 interesting, but somehow not quite mine, because I have smelled it too often on grannies... unfortunately....because I know he is a legend and I appreciate him a lot....and that's why I was so happy that he was modernized....now he is completely MY! LOVE!

L'idée de fraicheur
In order to understand Chanel No. 5 L'Eau, the meaning and concept of this creation and to describe the fragrance, it is worth letting his perfumer, Jacques Polge, have his say: "The originality of Chanel is contained in No.5. Reinventing Chanel No.5 nowadays emphasizes its relevance. It speaks for a search for originality. When I was asked to work on a reinterpretation of No. 5, I did not feel overwhelmed by the weight of its heritage and the legend that surrounds it, but saw opportunities in it, especially for freshness. Freshness is interesting because, compared to the opulence of perfume, it brings spontaneity. The idea of freshness is the key here. That's why it's called No.5 I'Eau. I like the concept of L'Eau because it expresses freshness, pleasant scents and fluidity. The idea of freshness also includes the will to illuminate, to make the perfume, which was originally very opulent, airy. As I was working on L'Eau I started to isolate the structure and important elements - the guide - which defines it as No.5. I've added air to the floral notes. Today we have the technical possibilities to re-distilize for example the Ylang-Ylang, which is important in No. 5, to pull out other aspects. In the base there is a powdery opulence of vanilla and sandalwood. These warm notes influence the perfume. I was able to rework the base to a large extent, making it drier and more lively with a note of cedar".

"Freshness", "lightening", "airing" and "isolating structure and important elements" are the key words and characterize No. 5 L'Eau at the same time. Put simply, it is an elegant citrus fragrance that freshens and brightens the original No. 5, preserving the structure and main elements of No. 5 while reducing the fragrance to it. I like No. 5 L'Eau very much and I think it is a meaningful composition that fits perfectly into the existing creations. Besides freshness, No. 5 L'Eau reminds me of another word: flawlessness. The citrus notes do not scratch and no component falls out of the frame. Especially in the warm summer months, No. 5 L'Eau has become an indispensable companion for me, but it is also very wearable in the winter months and in my experience the individual components are even more noticeable in cold temperatures. The fragrance has a good shelf life [Spraying on clothes is recommended especially for this fragrance]. I know many aquatic fragrances, but those who attach additional importance to elegance will find L'Eau hard to ignore. It's a good unisex scent for me. In my opinion men can wear it just like women.

Light aldehyde - lemony - musky
A brilliant flanker that brings classic No5 to today's generation with harmony of lemon waft and soft aldehydic edition, without brutal animalic side. Instead of civet, musk delivers a smooth and soothing soapy aerial vibe to it. Splendid young, positive, chic and posh fragrance. The dry down is out of this world.
4/5

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
This is the n.5 to wear as a basic White silk skirt in a hot summer day: fresh, easy, classic and feminin but young too.

1.5 ml sample
by Chanelle
by CPL
by CPL

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel