N°5 L'Eau 2016 Eau de Toilette

N°5 L'Eau (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with N°5 Eau Première

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Cedar, Musk

Submitted by CPL, last update on 11.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Lily-Rose Depp.

CHANEL No. 5 L'eau - the enchanting sister
Actually, No. 5 L'eau is one scent of an infinite number of scents. Actually. And actually, it's quite similar to Eau Premiere, too. Actually, it is. But it's still different. Whether the L'eau or the Eau Premiere, both are immediately recognizable as No. 5. Both Chanels can not be confused with other perfumes because the signature of Oliver Polge runs through all No. 5 variants.

How did I get this fragrance? 2016 this fragrance was launched, hardly in my possession he already changed the owner, he went to my mother who was totally thrilled and had bought him from me on the spot. Well, since then I have not forgotten him and owe years later the dear Parfuma Kaliha this delightful clear and modern bottle, which looks like a perfume bottle of old days should look.

Vintage touch is a good keyword, because it certainly has that. The DNA of Grandmother No. 5 is also found in L'eau, which is not at all wrong, on the contrary, it gives the fragrance its unmistakable character, which I find perfectly dosed in this great spring and summer scent.

I have both to test there, the L'eau and the Eau Premiere. The L'eau is the fresher, more "watered down" version of the Eau Premiere, with lots of tangy youthful elements with elegant tones, the latest Mademoiselle in the No. 5 range. It shines in bright colors, puts you in a good mood and loves to be playful. The base becomes creamier, richer and then hands over the show to Eau Premiere. Eau Premiere is only briefly citrusy, veering into the creamy, powdery, clean direction quite quickly, with clear kinship to No. 5, more longevity, more sillage, more lush and also suitable for winter. Eau Premiere is the substantial base, which the L'eau does not bring.

Does one now need both variants? Both are elegant and from my point of view wearable on any occasion. Who likes it generally fresher, is best served with the L'eau, who likes it a little warmer and quite elegant +, which reaches for the Eau Premiere.

Conclusion: Both great fragrances with noticeable typical No. 5 DNA without touching. Both bring compliments and you are always well "dressed"
Tradescantia
A special and modern perfume
As for Chanel, so there will probably be for everyone some fragrance that pleases and accompanies long.
This is class.
This fragrance is not for me, but for my best friend.
Minimalism reigns here, but very skillfully.
No. 5 as the origin is recognizable, a touch of austere dwells this variant still inne, but only a touch.
This variant is very gentle and fits as a counterpoint in the noisy present.
Somehow, everything still seems natural and coherent here.
A balancing act has succeeded: A great classic, reinterpreted, without too far-reaching adulteration.
An authentic fragrance, for all those who are sensitive, but can do little with sweet fragrances.
Possibly also a L'Eau for those who are a little strict at the same time, for those who have high demands, but still let mildness prevail when it is appropriate.
I find that this fragrance is wearable even in summer.
Aldehydes are still present, but discreet. Nothing seems dusty or dry.
A soft creamy scent spreads minimally powdery, a subtle citrus never expansive. Orange, jasmine, May rose, ylang-ylang - Elegant notes that dance lightly and only sing when no one is listening attentively.
The fragrance is quiet, but to be heard.
With joy.
A beautiful melody.
Which will always accompany me, like the four seasons of Vivaldi, which my father encourages me as a child
No 5 with HONEY ?
Chanel No 5 L'Eau smells first classic- leaning on the original, but comes a very pleasant, citrus, quite elegant note with added, which makes the perfume unique. I have to think of golden, warm honey.
Captivating
I'm captivated by that smell Normally I'm quite fussy and jumpy about fragrances I get bored of some of them sooner or later.
But I am really fascinated by this fragrance.
I always wanted to find 'My signature scent' and I think with this I have reached my goal!

At the beginning of the fragrance journey, the aldehydes enter the nose with a fine, soft washing powder note.
These aldehydes quickly attach themselves to the orange, mandarin and lemon. Not at all stinging.
Then it becomes gently flowery with the May rose, whose juicy green leaves captivate the jasmine and ylang-ylang.
The aldehydes remain in the background throughout.
Slowly the embrace of the leaf green of the May rose is released, leaving the flowers free.
These slowly disappear into vetiver (sweet grass) whose stalks blow in the light wind and carry the fragrance further.
Musk catches everything in the end.

Parfümlein
From the dichotomy of little sister Loo
I like her, big number five's little sister Loo. And I'll tell you why: she's so ambivalent, so extraordinary, that there are situations in which she, little Loo, the thin, translucent one, puts all the other big fragrance ladies in her pocket. I experienced such a situation many years ago, no, I will be honest: Decades.

I went to Paris with my best friend. I was still very young, I had just started my studies. Paris was cool, then as now, only we were different: not in our dreams would we have come up with the idea to plan, think through, prepare this trip. We decided in the evening and left the next afternoon, each with a small travel bag. Taking a lot with us was as unnecessary as torturing our heads with complicated concepts. So the journey ended in Aachen for the time being, because my girlfriend's old Golf, let's call her A., was unfortunately already stressed, annoyed and stubborn at this stage. While we were waiting for the repair - I forgot what it was exactly - we had a coffee and smoked a few cigarettes...
A few hours later we arrived at our admittedly very simple hotel and were piqued to discover that there were smokers here too; ashes were on the sheets...
I forgot our first destination, but we had to take the subway and decided for the only entrance where the barrier did not work and therefore was open. Unfortunately, in addition to youthful exuberance, there is often carelessness - why pay when the gate is open wide? It lasted hardly three minutes and we were asked to pay as an attempted fare dodger - and that hurt, this deviant short-circuit action swallowed a large part of our small travel budget...
And that was bad.
Because we had way too little with us.
And when we had converted what little we had into café au lait, croissants and red wine, it was gone.
And there was nothing new.
Because what we didn't know: Back then, you couldn't just withdraw money in Paris with a German ec-card. But there were no machines for this - and therefore no money for us.
Well, the hotel was paid for and the penultimate of the three days had begun - isn't breakfast generally overrated? What we wanted to see, we could reach on foot - and we didn't eat anything.
But in the evening, something awoke in us, which in retrospect I can only describe as a small, delicate breath of criminal energy. We entered a Restó near Notre Dame, without money but with a lot of charm, and indeed there was something to try for us and more than that: While A. danced many times with the waiter (DANCED ONLY!), when the restaurant closed, I discovered a bulletin board with tourist notes - I swear, it was the only time in my life that I took something, a ten-mark note, and my mother accuses me of it to this day, and after all these years in this matter she doesn't take any fun at all. Believe it or not - in this one single situation it had to be for a coffee the next morning...
We drank this coffee; I did not enjoy it, my conscience tormented me too much Then, the next afternoon, our original journey was unfortunately over, but the complications were far from over.
With the last drop of petrol we rolled into Aachen late in the evening.
We stopped at the first savings bank. The machine was broken We looked and looked for another savings bank.
We stopped at the second savings bank. The machine wasn't broken. When we got back to the car, late in the evening - a parking ticket was waiting for us.
And at some point, at some point, fate had finally annoyed us enough.

I still made many trips with my girlfriend. They were often marked by challenges: a stomach flu in Istanbul, a sleeping place in a monastery in Florence that arrived too late and was closed to us, a lost ticket for the parking garage in Luxembourg, of course also at night.
One thing we have learned without a doubt in Paris, in Istanbul and in Florence: That as a young woman you can only travel successfully if you are capable of doing this balancing act, that despite all tenderness and youth, despite all naivety and frivolity, you can still radiate an enormous dignity, an inviolability that never questions motives and goals and that compensates for every ill-considered mistake with an almost accelerated adulthood.

And that's exactly what Chanel No. 5 L'Eau is. Delicate and gentle and fresh to start with. Refreshingly cheerful at first impression. So fruity without being sweet, but with many individual fruit facets.
Then developing into fine floral, incredibly spring-fresh floral chords. Flowers which in themselves also possess a tiny bit of sophistication: ylang-ylang and jasmine, a touch of exoticism and a hint of elegance. They are accompanied by a very delicate rose, which adds a touch of romance. Everything about No. 5 L'Eau resembles a touch - but with a perfectly balanced sillage. It is not she who creates this delicate effect, but the individual notes are so delicately interwoven that when they are clearly perceptible, there is never more than a hint of blossom.
And - how beautiful is the woody, soft and serious base, which grounds and smoothes all the air jumps and keeps them so long through musk.
But the most beautiful thing about No. 5 L'Eau are the aldehydes: from the very first minute they appear unmistakably as part of the famous No. 5, but so wonderfully delicate hovering above all citric and all flowers that nothing heavy, nothing violent, nothing carried characterizes this fragrance, but only this wonderful, incredibly fine, multi-layered cheerfulness and seriousness. Yes: cheerfulness and seriousness. Both. At the same time. That's the dichotomy of No. 5 L'Eau, those are its two sides, and what perfume plays so incredibly skilfully with these contrasts?
Nr 5 L'Eau is a real masterpiece for me. By no means is it just a copy of the big sister, a flanker developed for profit - it is rather the interpretation of youth, a cheerful and at the same time serious, responsible young woman.
I know of no finer scent to capture these two sides.
That's why when I use No. 5 L'Eau (because I still like to wear it very much), I always think of that Paris trip that challenged this balance between serenity and dignity.

And somehow this is not surprising - what else should one think of when one thinks of No. 5 l'Eau than Paris?
A spring love
The liaison between L'eau and me started about two years ago with a misunderstanding.

Convinced that I was holding a sample of the original Chanel No. 5, I sprayed a minimal amount of the fragrance on my wrist, prepared for the worst (I had tested it ages ago and found it simply ghastly) and prudently without any further plans for the day.

I was completely stunned to discover that I no longer found the horrible brew horrible at all, but that I fell in love almost immediately and, to top it all off, the scent became more beautiful by the minute.
I held my wrist under the nose of every available family member, stammering chalk-white: "This is Chanel No. 5!!!! I can't believe it!!! How can he be so beautiful??? Have I lost my mind?!?"
Family was just as baffled.

Completely enthusiastically I used the test specimen and shortly before my ordering finger could send the final purchase message here in the Souk, I took a close look at the lettering on the test specimen for whatever reason
"Chanel No. 5 L'eau"

There she was, the solution to the riddle and misunderstanding.
I wasn't going crazy I had fallen in love with another fragrance.

The ordering finger corrected and point-blank I was in possession of the fragrance, which has probably forever and ever secured a permanent place in my collection.

For me, L'eau is sunshine, spring, fresh air, a warm breeze and joy in the bottle.
Fresh but not cold, flowery but not overwhelming, hardly sweet but not harsh and yet very tender and flattering.
When warm, it blends in seamlessly with nature outside, in the cold months it brings me back the light.
For me he is not the watered-down version of Urchanel, he is something completely different, for me he is worlds more beautiful.
Much more tender, fresh, softer, younger, dreamier, a girl on a flowering spring meadow.

If I could keep only two fragrances forever and ever - L'eau would be one of them.
Angelina90
You know me and you don't
This advertising slogan fits like a glove!
The first thing that came to my mind when I sniffed l'eau was: wow this is somehow Chanel Grandma No.5 but somehow not.....very funny......but WONDERFUL!!

It has been modernised, and in my opinion successfully.
It's citric
It's fresh
He's elegant
He has the special No 5

This mixture is perfect! An elegant fragrance that is fresh at the same time! Unbelievable!

I always found Chanel No 5 interesting, but somehow not quite mine, because I have smelled it too often on grannies... unfortunately....because I know he is a legend and I appreciate him a lot....and that's why I was so happy that he was modernized....now he is completely MY! LOVE!

L'idée de fraicheur
In order to understand Chanel No. 5 L'Eau, the meaning and concept of this creation and to describe the fragrance, it is worth letting his perfumer, Jacques Polge, have his say: "The originality of Chanel is contained in No.5. Reinventing Chanel No.5 nowadays emphasizes its relevance. It speaks for a search for originality. When I was asked to work on a reinterpretation of No. 5, I did not feel overwhelmed by the weight of its heritage and the legend that surrounds it, but saw opportunities in it, especially for freshness. Freshness is interesting because, compared to the opulence of perfume, it brings spontaneity. The idea of freshness is the key here. That's why it's called No.5 I'Eau. I like the concept of L'Eau because it expresses freshness, pleasant scents and fluidity. The idea of freshness also includes the will to illuminate, to make the perfume, which was originally very opulent, airy. As I was working on L'Eau I started to isolate the structure and important elements - the guide - which defines it as No.5. I've added air to the floral notes. Today we have the technical possibilities to re-distilize for example the Ylang-Ylang, which is important in No. 5, to pull out other aspects. In the base there is a powdery opulence of vanilla and sandalwood. These warm notes influence the perfume. I was able to rework the base to a large extent, making it drier and more lively with a note of cedar".

"Freshness", "lightening", "airing" and "isolating structure and important elements" are the key words and characterize No. 5 L'Eau at the same time. Put simply, it is an elegant citrus fragrance that freshens and brightens the original No. 5, preserving the structure and main elements of No. 5 while reducing the fragrance to it. I like No. 5 L'Eau very much and I think it is a meaningful composition that fits perfectly into the existing creations. Besides freshness, No. 5 L'Eau reminds me of another word: flawlessness. The citrus notes do not scratch and no component falls out of the frame. Especially in the warm summer months, No. 5 L'Eau has become an indispensable companion for me, but it is also very wearable in the winter months and in my experience the individual components are even more noticeable in cold temperatures. The fragrance has a good shelf life [Spraying on clothes is recommended especially for this fragrance]. I know many aquatic fragrances, but those who attach additional importance to elegance will find L'Eau hard to ignore. It's a good unisex scent for me. In my opinion men can wear it just like women.
Hm Hm Hm
Does that say it all? It kind of does. As a No 5 spin-off, I found it pretty superfluous. And if the sample hadn't been included with a shipment (salute + thanks to Mightynaf) I wouldn't have been tempted to test it either. But since it is already there. And because it is the days yes quite warm, a L'Eau can not be wrong yet.

The top notes are fresh, slightly tangy and the orange I perceive more as orange peel. For a prelude, the whole is well perceivable but still rather restrained. That lasts so up to 10 minutes. From then on, I have to press my nose on's wrist to smell anything at all.

And what do I smell? It blooms, however, unrecognizable for me after what. Over it floats lemon. That remains so for quite a while. Then it becomes a little creamy, the lemony remains. Looking at the base notes, I read vetiver and think that maybe it's the vetiver that's already hovering over the heart notes and not the lemon anymore. Cedar? At most as a thought.

As I said, that all is for me only detectable with the nose on the wrist. But I find that for a L'Eau also not too bad. - Until I read through a few comments and realize that this is an EdT. And for that I find the No 5 watery but arguably weak in its charisma. However: The durability - as watery as the fragrance may be - then again corresponds to an EdT. Up to 6 - 7 hours I can - laboriously - recognize something fragrant.

I read under "Worth knowing" that Lily-Rose Depp is the advertising face for the L'Eau. And I find that fitting, after all. The No 5 L'Eau is suitable for very young women. Or for a person who wants to be scented on the one hand, but on the other hand values that this can only be perceived by someone who comes very very close.

PS: But, something like a No 5 DNA I can already recognize.
PPS: Now I'm a little curious about the Eau Premièr...

Light aldehyde - lemony - musky
A brilliant flanker that brings classic No5 to today's generation with harmony of lemon waft and soft aldehydic edition, without brutal animalic side. Instead of civet, musk delivers a smooth and soothing soapy aerial vibe to it. Splendid young, positive, chic and posh fragrance. The dry down is out of this world.
4/5

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
This is the n.5 to wear as a basic White silk skirt in a hot summer day: fresh, easy, classic and feminin but young too.

Ich bedanke mich ganz herzlich für alle Kommentare und Rückmeldungen. Ich freue mich sehr darüber))
by ElenaSpb1985
by CPL
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse

Popular Chanel

Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel 1957 by Chanel