N°19 Poudré 2011

N°19 Poudré is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VetiverVetiver
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.09.2021.

Susan
19 in the cloud cradle...
Never would I have thought it possible to venture into the "lowlands" of a Queen's (No.19) flanker and not immediately turn back in disgust.....

Expecting disgrace and ignominy, humiliation and mutilation.....nearly a Dantian inferno....

Too often have I descended into the dark worlds of "flanked" queens.....have had to witness downfall and even gruesome dismemberment....

I was all the more astonished when, after another descent into the sphere of the "flanker demons", I suddenly found myself on fluffy, powdery-light green, little clouds......and right in the middle of this cuddly-soft cradle of clouds: a baby!!!! The baby of the queen!!!

There it lies now.....delicate and innocent......the iris-powdered little bum with a first touch of elegance stretching into the air and chewing lustfully on a tonka bean....

Far, very very far away, the dark green robe of her stern but incomparably charismatic mother flutters by.....

No.19 Poudré is not a "horizontal" flanker, as most of these fragrance demons are......it is a "vertical" flanker......so the "mother" might have smelled before she had grown to adulthood and become queen......

Personally, I quite like this little princess........but I end up having more in common with the queen mother......

Chanel for beginners
Even if this No. 19 Poudré has received here partly not so good reviews, I like it. I don't have the classic No. 19 in my nose anymore. I know my mother used to wear it, but to recognize it I would have to sniff it again. Therefore, I can not compare here anyway, which is perhaps better.

No, No. 19 Poudré landed on my watch list, because the dear Andrula had recently told me, he had distant similarity with Nasomattos Silver Musk, which I own and love very much. In principle, I would also like to have a Chanel in my collection. So. Let's give it a try!

I'll say it right away, for my collection is not quite enough, what Chanel serves up here, but this is a very fine, solid fragrance that could bring the usually very elegant and not always easy to grasp Chanel DNA also younger, less experienced noses. You don't have to be a lover of the old chypre classics to like this one. It may be ostensibly green for now and not a girly cutie, but it's definitely not fun-free. With No. 19, you're allowed to smile at any time, despite the galbanum. That's encouraged here. No one has to go down to the basement to do it. The mandarin still adds a bit of Mediterranean flair in the opening. Although we also have neroli here, I don't have to think of 4711 & Co. at any time. I like to have this association sometimes with neroli, but Polge has succeeded wonderfully in No. 19 Poudré, the flower here perfectly integrated.

Quickly, the delicate heart note with fine iris and jasmine notes peeks around the corner, before a base with musk and vetiver opens up and makes the fragrance wonderfully soft. A teeny bit of edge can be discerned at all times, though. We don't have a relative of Bal d'Afrique & Co. here, despite similar scents, but it shines through all the time that the original mother of this fine perfume was a chypre after all. Tonka I also still read here, but it is only to be guessed, which is mostly quite pleasant to me, because Tonka I do not always like as is well known.

A fine, very round fragrance is that I can imagine very well in business settings, but also just as in the private environment. Fit also does this from 14-80, so is absolutely timeless. I would say, this is a Chanel for beginners.

Dear thanks to Tabla for the test opportunity.
Seek and ye shall find
Chanel again!
Who'd have thought it? Not me!
Chanel for me?
No, it doesn't fit.
Even with the Chance scents I can't get warm.
Too flowery, too opulent.
'Gabrielle' was too nasty, biting and musty despite the very pleasant start.
Only Chanel No 5 l'eau made me curious about more.

Then I came across many more exciting fragrances of the brand Chanel!
Meanwhile, the bottling No 19 poudré has reached me.
Many thanks again to Laluna2106!

Sprayed on and I thought: "again this typical Chanel - nothing for me"!
Chanel-like prelude tart, stuffy, scratchy, too dominant :/
But quickly the scent changed.
Still harsh but the green came out; green powder Galban resin with neroli probably.
The tangerine's crumbling, won't get up my nose.
It becomes softer and smoother White flower powder caresses you with a green, slightly woody border.
Has something of flower stems and juicy green leaves.
Vetiver combined with jasmine + iris probably.
A little bit of sweetness enters and remains soft on the skin.

All in all:
The prelude is Chanel pure.
For me it takes some getting used to, but interesting.
The course is wonderful: flowers, green, wood, powder; great combination.
In the end, a slightly sweetish, lovely, green, flowery powdery scent remains.
It takes me about 6 hours
SolisOccasum
The hour of the green woman
Like a breath of wind, she strides across the snow-covered forest. Your transparent green veil gently floats around you. Every step melts the snow, while the trees spread their branches protecting a roof just above her. She walks through the forest and reaches a small meadow. Once there, she elegantly raises her hand. The small white flowers begin to bloom. Sweet jasmine is finely woven into her hair. Also a few citric mandarins find themselves in its hair again. The proud Iris bows deeply as the majesty walks past her.
The hour of the Green Lady has come. Powdery, golden green, it drives away the winter. She doesn't come unexpectedly and not quite still. A jolt goes through nature. She was expecting the green woman. You can feel the power in her at the beginning. Later you get lost in your work, get caught by it, sink into your arms.
While you wait for the first rays of the sun, you start to hope.

The scourge of White Musk
The arrival in the last few years of White Musks in fragrances provides me with a target for derision ... I can't stand the stuff, however "new and interesting" perfumers (like Sheldrake) are finding them. Sure ... if you want to smell like a basket of newly washed laundry then I guess it's OK. I, however, do not.

The key ingredient in N°19 Poudré according to Christopher Sheldrake, who, on an ostensible holiday from Lutens had a hand in developing it, is Iris. An informative interview with him (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuLU7akrvRs) reveals some facts about this note that are quite fascinating ... like 1 hectare of flowers produces 15 tons of rhizomes, creating 10kg of Iris Butter which yields only 1kg of absolute. I'd be quite interested in trying to find out how many bottles a kilo of absolute makes. The tenacity of N°19 Poudré being what it is, my guess would be "a lot!!" ... the longevity of this fragrance is, sadly, poor!
I cannot write this review without once again lamenting the demise of original N°19 ... which resides at first place on my list of all time favorite fragrances. I became enamoured of it in the 80's, when a few spritzes in the morning would last all day and still radiate at bath time that night. Alas, those days are long gone and what passes for N°19 today is scandalous, to say the least.
N°19 Poudré, on the other hand, could have been wonderful if it came in true EDP concentration minus the awful White Musk which spoils it's rather premature dry down. The faint touch of Galbanum present gives one a fleeting fantasy that it might actually live up to it's illustrious predecessor ... but this is also not to be. The Iris and Jasmine combination here is usually a winner for Chanel, taking into account the fact that they grow their own in Grasse. Unfortunately, there is just not enough of it. Rather, the 'fabric softener' vibe (along with a host of other aroma chemicals) rides to the fore maddeningly quickly, making this fragrance something of a waste ... unless one likes that sort of thing.

I don't believe that fragrances are purposely produced to be 'bad' ... the smelling of them is, after all, completely subjective. I do take umbrage, however, when a 'sow's ear' is passed off as a 'silk purse'. The House of Chanel continues to disappoint.

Powdery iris and green notes
Chanel No.19 Poudre, when roughly translated basically means "Chanel No.19 Powder", and that pretty much sums up this scent. It has the fresh, leathery green accord from the original with a musky and powdery dose of violets and galbanum.

Chanel No.19 Poudre reminded me of another fragrance almost immediately, and it wasn't its Chanel predecessor. Le Labo Poudre d'Orient springs to mind as being a similar powdery iris chypre which I raved about only late last year. Okay, so it has been done before, but that's not to say that I find this fragrance any less impressive.

Chanel has done well with this new release, nearly making me forget the disaster that was Chance eau Tendre. It's subtle which is rather unlike Chanel, but pleasingly so. I would happily douse myself in this scent for an inoffensive Spring-like pick-me-up.

I find musky and powdery fragrances quite animalistic and sensual, so in my opinion, according to my nose, Chanel No.19 Poudre is quite attractive and inviting. I find it also surprisingly pretty and discreetly so.

Iris, especially when presented in a feminine and powdery way tends to be making a big comeback, so I wouldn't be surprised if this fragrance sells extremely well. My only gripe is that the bottle should be a little more distinguishable, seeming that the original EDP of Chanel No.19 has an almost identical bottle design and colour. I almost walked past this fragrance in the store because I thought it was the original, not the newly released flanker.

The longevity was so-so on my skin. Not heavy, but also not particularly lasting. However I believe that this is what comes with the subtlety. All in all, an exciting new release that lived up to all the hype.

ArkangeL
Fresh, elegant & down to earth
No. 19 Poudre is reminiscent of all the Prada Infusion d'Iris fragrances, but what it reminds me of even more so is Chloe Eau de Fleurs Capucine. The galbanum & neroli, which are shared by both fragrances is what struck a memory of the Capucine. Jasmine also plays a leading role in both scents. They each have balmy, yet noticeably green and powdery qualities. I wouldn't mind smelling this on the right woman. I envision a romantic picnic, where a woman in a white dress is laid out on a blanket made from Egyptian cotton. Gusts of wind thrust forth her femininely fresh essence.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
In love with green
by Leloup
by Minea
by Minea
~ Some of the greatest things in life are unseen, that’s why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry or dream~ ich danke euch für eure lieben Kommentare & Auszeichnungen, das freut mich sehr!
by Sunshine00
by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by Andreas09
wenn alles schieft läuft umarme dein Einhorn :)
by Leloup
by LadyViolet
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Cuir de Russie (Parfum) / Russia Leather by Chanel