N°5 Eau Première (2008)

N°5 Eau Première by Chanel
N°5 Eau Première (Chanel)
N°5 Eau Première (Chanel)
N°5 Eau Première is a popular perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-powdery. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Neroli, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, May rose
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.09.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
K1
Soap in marble bathtub!
My whole impression will take place on the famous No5 itself, but I have this opportunity, while I'm trying Eau Premiere these days, to write about this flanker briefly. No5 Eau Premiere in one sentence is bright and sheer version of No5. Imagine if No5 was a plant, Eau Premiere would be the twig of a main stem with lighter color.

Isn't interesting that No5's aldehyde smells like soap in marble bathtub!? This aldehyde is not my type at all but interesting that it doesn't punch me over. Eau Premiere presents that aldehyde form much lighter and less radiant, having this mixed with floral notes (five star ylang ylang accord) and indolic jasmine. The edges are chamfered by vanilla…

The result is young femininity, strong personality, charming fatality! I found this flanker much wearable and much modern than the original No5, yet the nearest to the source than the other flankers.
8/10
Scent 8.0/10
N°5's bubblier granddaughter
I have been meaning to review this one in English for a while now, and now that the weather is warm enough to try floral-aldehydic fragrances and I have been on a N°5 binge, the time seems ripe for it.

First off, the aldehydes are far lighter, more modern -- and more fleeting -- than in Eau Première's esteemed foremother. The opening lacks the bug spray accord (aldehydes spiked with intense bergamot) that can be so off-putting to delicate contemporary noses in the original N°5 and many others, and instead comes off as non-aquatic fresh floral that soon gives way to the classical jasmine-rose combo. Those two flowers seem to me to be a cornerstone of modern Western perfumery, and for good reason -- there is nothing quite as heady yet bubbly and classy as jasmine and rose blended well together. While it can feel a bit soapy especially when transitioning from top notes to the heart, it's a very, very classy kind of soapy.

The base lacks the plump oriental amber that makes the original so intoxicating, but the vanillic-woody sweetness is there, shining a golden undertone throughout the duration of this perfume. The developmental stages seem more distinct to me in Eau Première than the original N°5, which is a near-seamless floriental joy ride, and for some reason EP lasts longer on my skin, too. It's a great, classy light floral quasi-oriental, a sharper, more contemporary Atkins diet version of the plush original; nothing off the beaten path, but I would say a definite failsafe for most people looking for something elegant and unobtrusive to wear or give as gift. I for one would be only happy to receive a bottle.
~ Premium Premiere ~
Wearing this in the comfort of my own home it has greeted me with a very friendly bright aldehyde/lemony opening that calmed down quickly on my dry male skin. It reminded me of a more floral opening of the mens Pour Monsiuer Homme. As I sit here the dry down I get is a classy, clean rose and subtle vanilla that just keeps evoking in me the image of an intellectual type modern woman in an office or boardroom setting? It does seem to sit closer to the skin than the sweeter coco's I've tried with almost a transparent sillage. I have never smelled the original No5 on a woman but if this version is even remotely similar the original must surely be very elegant? I would very much respect a woman's taste in fragrance that wore Eau Premiere as it is unmistakeably all Chanel DNA and another Polge masterpiece.
My score ~ Fittingly a no. 5/5.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Well done reinterpretation of the classic
Beautiful opening with ylang-ylang and aldehydes that lasts for almost one hour.

Then jasmine joins the composition and gives an powderiness, together with roses.

Dries down to a very sweet and creamy sandalwood with lots of vanilla.

Sillage is close to skin but sometimes it leaves a magic trail. Projection is also soft. Lasting power is average.

I would rate this as unisex. I like it very much and use without any problem.

Updated January 2014
Scent 10.0/10
Premiere Eau
I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Modern Classic
The original Chanel No:5 was the first classic perfume my mother bought me. A rite of passage, a 'grown' perfume for a 17 year old bookish girl that was deemed mature enough by her mother to wear a classic. I have always loved that scent. Timeless, chic and unmistakably classy.
Eau Premiere Chanel strikes me as a lighter, cheerier version. Probably more suited for me way back when, but way back when there were only a few Chanels to choose from, and my mother wanted to give me something that I had always admired on her and that would amaze & enchant me. It did! I had it on a prime spot on my vanity and only wore it for very formal occasions, feeling very lady like
: )

I adore a few 'newer' Chanels. But the original is just the one you can't get around. Its legend is too big and too seductive.
Today it's still a loved one: A little black dress, a string of pearls, high heels, red lipstick and Chanel ?5. Let the evening begin.

I too must watch the "Coco Avant Chanel" film (again) this time whilst wearing my favorite Chanel. It seems like an experience a Chanel fan would enjoy greatly : )
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Hey little sister
Chanel No. 5 was the first smell at which I had the feeling decades ago to be a young but mature woman now. It came added to that that I have got married also young. This probably also played a role here - I seemed adult to myself;-)
The smell accompanied me also reconcile year which of later smell purchases I cannot claim. It was just a classic. I liked him very much but the ways divided sometime.

I have found the little sister thanks to a sample now and will take by the hand tightly and not release so fast her again.
Enthusiastic - I find the smell is toddled into the footprints of the big classic and can stand the ground there very much well.

I am pleased about this new member of the family. Thanks Turandot, another stage of the smell journey is immortalized in my diary.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Chanel No 5's Younger Sister
This is a Earthier version of the original no 5 the original is more
crisp with more citrus while the Eau Premiere deeper woodier with hints in my opinion Chocolate. and with more
patchouli. then no 5 A reserved more
Quieter Little Sister Compeard to the Larger then Life Diva of all diva of perfumes Chanel No 5

But neatherless stands on it's own.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Younger No.5
Like every girl on the planet, I cannot resist the urge to be drawn to expensive and exclusive brand names. The name 'Chanel', if mentioned in a conversation can make one sound and appear sophisticated and classy. It had been my dream ever since discovering a love of fragrance, to be able to add a Chanel perfume to my growing collection. However, finding a Chanel perfume that I actually happened to like was starting to look like an impossible task.

I had tested the original Chanel No.5, and although I could understand its appeal, it was far too mature and soapy for my liking. I concluded that it was my young age that made me feel this way.

I convinced myself to try this new version of the original today, to try and prove myself wrong and to make a comparison between the two. The first initial spray, to my nose, was much softer and more pleasant than Chanel No.5. The scent also had a slight tang of citrus in the top notes, that when blended with the aldehydes and soft florals, it created a warm and creamy fragrance. The drydown was an exquisitely soft vanilla scent with touches of rose and jasmine.

I would describe Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere as a youthful spin on the original infamous fragrance. It is less aggressive with its powdery notes, much sweeter and evidently more casual. Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere is the fragrance you would wear when you can't wear Chanel No.5; like on a hot Summer's day or in the office.

For those women, who like me, thought Chanel No.5 was far too strong and soapy, this fragrance would be your better alternative.

Lillibet 6 months ago
A very wearable variation on Chanel's iconic No. 5. A lovely soft chiffon aura. Somehow bracing and comforting at the same time.+3
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.5
Bcars10 10 months ago
This is the Chanel No. 5 for people who can't/won't wear the original. I prefer this because it is lighter and fresher but still nostalgic.+3
Bottle 6.0

• by Vawallpa by Vawallpa
  • by Diorella by Diorella
  • by Mcgeitner by Mcgeitner

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel