Paris - Riviera (2019)

Paris - Riviera is a new and limited perfume by Chanel for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-floral. Limited Edition

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrain, Orange zest
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.07.2019

6.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Piarara
First neroli I ever liked.
Good can be so simple... and still not boring! Chanel hit a nerve with this scent, and that although I am actually no Neroli fan at all.
Neroli suffocates me a little, smells dusty and a little like an old woman - I thought until a friend gave me a half-full sample of Paris - Riviera.

The opening is wonderfully fruity and citric, I notice the grated orange peel very clearly and then the flowers join in without completely driving away the orange. Yes I smell Neroli, but it doesn't bother me, it sits quite loosely on my skin without suffocating me and without letting me age with one blow. Maybe because it doesn't have to force its way through hundreds of other fragrances. It's just there and enjoying the sun and chatting with Jasmin.
With this a icing is put on the cake and the fragrance gets something sweet and creamy. An orange cream with flower set.

And yet the scent reminds me of my grandma. But not in a negative sense. She was a very elegant lady who wore Chanel N°5 and orange-red lipstick for her dachshund. I often spent the whole summer with her.
We were often together in large garden and flower centres and walked through the greenhouses with the citrus trees. There her perfume mixed with the scent of the flowers.

I'm not so good at describing scents, but this scent smells like summer to me. Carefree, light, classic.

The shelf life is approx. 6-8 hours with me whereby the Sillage decreases already after 2-3 hours. But you can also get a lot of perfume for "little" money. (For Chanel)
The bottle is very simple but the spray head is very good in my opinion. I ordered directly from Chanel and got a small white protective bag for the bottle. Very noble!
6.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

The Kiss
The light, gentle sound of the sea from far away makes him open his eyelids.

A beautiful, awakening, very brightly bitter, sweet, fruity, tenderly citric note flows through his slowly awakening spirits.

An enjoyable stretching and jerking gives him the necessary clarity.

The smell that you knew he loved so much wrapped itself around his body like a velvet veil.

A view from the open panorama window - And there she stood!

Leaned against one of the most beautiful white marble columns in the world, it looks out to sea.

Slightly wavy, still slightly damp dark blond hair lies on her shoulders.

Velvety eggshell-coloured silk surrounds her body, which exudes a wonderful feminine floral touch and lends her a flattering aura.

It goes towards you and is enveloped by a wonderful delicate, captivating sweet, fine powdery floral note.

This clear and pure fragrance hides very fine, freshly tart nuances and seems incredibly transparent, as if you could reach through it.

Standing directly behind her he feels an undreamt-of lightness and contentment and this indescribable feeling of happiness.

She tilted her head back a tiny bit and finally turned to him.

Their looks meet.

A fine, almost fragile, balsamic, creamy and smooth breeze combines both with a passionate kiss.

In total, the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is clearly noticed at a whole arm's length and this is maintained also 3.5 hours in such a way, before it minimizes itself in quiet steps up to the conclusion of the smell
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "SolisOccasum" for the bottling.
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

The Year of the Orange
Chanel didn't disappoint me again, but he didn't surprise me either. Even if Shalimar Souffle d'oranger has already played the orange theme skilfully, I won't let anything come to the Paris Riviera. Pleasantly tangy, it refreshes with fresh greenish notes of mandarin orange, which in a way resemble the orange sanguine, but become creamier and softer over time. The Sillage is significantly better than e.g. an Aqua Allegoria, the shelf life as well. Outsiders (foreigners of perfume) perceive him clearly and benevolently.
After 2+ hours, a light, spicy herbaceous note is added, which strikes me very positively. Paris-Riviera has not reinvented the fragrance wheel, but is still a useful refresher, unpretentious and crowdpleasing. Small price (for Chanel), but big impact. The sprayer is only a bit hesitant, so you have to step on the gas several times. Nevertheless: Recommendation! For m/w/d, large and small.

by Piarara
by Piarara

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel