Platinum Égoïste (1993) Eau de Toilette

Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel
Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) (Chanel)
Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 1993. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

CHANEL Best for men
Top Notes: Freshness
Middle Notes: Aromatic
Base Notes: Love Combination

IMO, This fragrance show good performance with perfect projection and long lasting.
Aromatic, Clean all seasons perfume for all occasions.
I'm very recommend for this perfume.

My score to this perfume: 8
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10
Cold & Metallic.
Of course my opinion is very subjective here... but this is not an easy one to like for me. I find the opening a little harsh, although the dry-down is really good. I think it's a mixed feeling for me. I think the quality is good (it's Chanel). To me it seems like a very high class, very formal version of Acqua di Gio. I find Acqua di Gio very playful, but I wouldn't wear it with a suit. This I would. Definitely. Overall it's not bad at all, I think it would smell good to most people. For me I find it a little metallic and cold (the geranium note?), and I often like my fragrances very warm and a little sensual, so I think for me I'm not too crazy about this as other people are. But I respect that this is very high quality smelling and would make a great impression with a suit in my opinion. So I just hope that what I've said here helps!
Scent 10.0/10
MASTERPIECE OF ALL TIME
MASTERPIECE!!!!

One of my favorites. My preferred!!! I do not use it but use it for a long time. Safe shopping. From age 30. Fits all occasions.

This perfume made Polge was a genius.

MASTERPIECE absolute.
CPE ~ Polge Masterpiece!
To me this is the "Quintessential Men's Fragrance!" Everything from the strong tasteful name itself to the simple elegance of the bottle design. And what's inside is pure class in glass with it's very fresh and floral notes. Grouped as a Woody Floral Musk to my nose this is better labeled as an Aromatic Fougere. Mr. Polge definitely found his western target market with his revised Egoiste formula from Chanel. After all it is still routinely recommended and reviewed even now twenty years later as one of the most versatile all season Signature scent's a man can reach for. In today's world of endless aquatics and candy sweet gourmand's CPE is still the strong fresh and clean fighting man left standing!
Scent ~ 10
Sillage ~ 8
Longevity ~ 8
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Metallic and delicious!
A wonderful mix of geranium, rosemary and woods, Platinum Egoiste is a masterpiece from Chanel.

Great for all year, it's a real aromatic fragrance.

It can be smell a bit metallic or sour, which actually is an edge in my opinion.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium-high. Definetely a must have!

Updated January 2014
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Something Chanel can proud of
Egoiste Platinum is one of those fragrances where you have to wait it out in order to understand its brilliance and appeal.

When I first sprayed it, I thought it was yet another sharp citrusy scent combined with lavender, but the more it developed the more amazing it became. I'm almost to the point where I would call this fragrance a major turn-on.

It's refreshing, a little spicy, slightly dry, clean and edgy. It's everything I enjoy in a masculine Summer scent, however due to this fragrance being so versatile, I'd say wear it all year round.

In the heart, I find this fragrance quite zesty, almost like a rich, pulpy orange with a sexy and heady geranium note. This fragrance is actually quite distinctive and unique despite it being so popular.

Egoiste Platinum reeks confidence, charm and comfort. I like the way guest_pippi (Fragrantica member) put it, I too could 'eat a man' wearing this. The drydown is a spectacular blend of woods and aromatic herbs.

The longevity and sillage are equally fabulous, everything that I'd expect from Chanel. It was a pity that the store in which I tested this fragrance didn't have the original Egoiste too, which I've been longing to try since discovering Egoiste Platinum.

Rocendroll 31 days ago
[Może być] Chłodny, elegancki, świeży, z klasą.
Sillage 4.0

• by Sclub by Sclub
  • by Night88 by Night88
  • by Echtdufte by Echtdufte

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel