Platinum Égoïste (1993) Eau de Toilette

Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 1993. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still in production.

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Neroli, Petitgrain, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Geranium, Jasmine, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.06.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

ScentPhantom
Now it's also available as 'Platinum',.....
...said the colleague. It meant Chanel Egoiste. Because of his strong vanilla impression, at the time, no scent for me. You couldn't escape the vanilla, whether in the shop or in the taxi, in the shape of scented trees, everywhere was this scent. It was, at that time, just too much of a good thing. Platinum sounded dangerous to me - more vanilla!

Tested anyway. First came the relief, no vanilla. I was struck by a strong impression of chewing gum. Unfortunately, this impression did not vanish. Nevertheless, I carried a 50 ML bottle home with me. The content was used up and Platinum was not a candidate for the subsequent purchase.

Because of the reviews here, I sniffed at him again at the beginning of this year. In anticipation of chewing gum, of course very careful. I immediately took a very fresh, spicy fragrance. Top notes can also be deceptive, so I gave the fragrance time to develop. No comparison with what my memory associated with Platinum. Even in the drydown, this fragrance does not lose its cooling, vitalizing freshness.

Either my sense of smell has changed or the smell has changed in recent years.
For me there were no two opinions, this fragrance made its way home together with me.

Now, with longer daylight and higher temperatures, the strengths of this fragrance really come to the fore for me. A shower and then Platinum, that awakens the spirits.

For the summer, Platinum is certainly one of my favourite fragrance companions.

I always use the name 'Platinum', the address 'Platinum Egoiste', does not do justice to this fragrance.
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

The nobler cool water
Am I the only one here who thinks that Platinum Egoiste smells similar to Davidof's cool water?! PE smells more noble and metallic, but otherwise very similar. Very well suited for the office, actually I only use it there. I even got an (indirect) compliment from my boss, and he never actually gives compliments (although hardly anyone in my office wears perfume): "I don't know who it is, but somebody smells very good here.".
So if someone really doesn't know the scent yet, he just has to imagine cool water in something more noble.
Great durability, by the way.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Only for real Men
My workday was over. As usual, I went to sephora to smell some fragrances. After my nose was knocked-out, I decided to smell one last fragrance. I thought that the last one should be a real hero to tickle my senses. I grabbed Chanel Platinum Egoiste. As soon as I smelled it, it felt like something else. I had to spray it on my skin and see how it would go. It developed into a very elegant, charming, manly scent. Earthy, green and elegant smell. This thing smells like a real man who won't look back. Never. I left the perfumery and got home. After 2-3 hours, the egoiste was still projecting. Not beastly, but I was still able to feel it. And pretty good. Longevity ? 9+ hours for me. I think it must be used only for special occasions and by real & mature men. Nothing casual. Blind buy is out of the question. I have to put my hands on this one. And soon. Highly recommended !
Overall rating : 8/10
7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Chrisdl
A must-have for all. Go get it!
After all these years Platinum Egoiste still makes heads turn. "Mmm, you smell great. What is it? I could eat you!" I'm not sure if I'm quite ripe enough to be eaten, but this Chanel is something else, though.

It's one of those scents that you should have in your possession, no matter what. You'll use it, you'll love it, people will love it. But... How exactly does it smell?
At first spray, you'll be bombarded by a metallic blast mixed with lovely neroli. On your skin, it'll smell like you've just come from a bathtub, liberally soaked in bath salts.

Those aromas quickly make way for the longer lasting center. It is as if you're walking barefoot through a field of flowers, honey bees buzzing around your head while you're picking different herbs freshly from the ground as you walk along. Warm summer air fills your nostrils. A bit further down the path, you can see the tree line and a faint whiff reminds you of the darker forest that lies ahead.

So yeah, go get it. If you don't like it, you can always send your bottle to me. I'll accept it without compensation.
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Chanel Platinum Egoiste comes with you to the desert island
Do I have to lose a lot of words in the headline? Chanel Platinum Egoiste is together with Heaven from Chopard one of my two Lifetime signature fragrances. It's hard for me to concentrate on that as I'm lying relaxed on the bed wrapped in a cloud of steam from a Heaven Dupe and Joops Nightflight and wallowing away.
You know what. I'll leave it at that. This will be a slightly longer statement:
Platinum is still available unlike Heaven. Go to Douglas or Karstadt and let yourself be intoxicated by this classically modern and cool luxury fragrance. Yeah, intoxicate.

Unless you're into sweet bubble gum punches, you won't regret it.
This perfume is a world-class milestone of cool, fresh elegance. An addict.
Also reformulated, so much next to it can simply wrap up.
7.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

The beginning
My first comment must of course be on my first true scent revelation! It was about 1995, I was a 11 year old youngster like I used to be every day at my neighbours or my best friend's home and how to do that you go into the rooms of the bigger siblings... there we were in the room of his big sister we looked at her cd collection and next to it stood at least 50 miniflacons of various perfumes my eye fell somehow directly to egoiste Platinum and I opened the small and smelled on it and it would have me away this special fragrance was different than anything I knew! (father an Azzaro pour Homme man and grandpa a Tabac carrier) I had Old Spice because I liked the advertising already as a small pimf and it smelled clean after man what I knew from my men in the family so! Chanel I knew only from my grandmother and until then I thought the make women's products
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

CHANEL Best for men
Top Notes: Freshness
Middle Notes: Aromatic
Base Notes: Love Combination

IMO, This fragrance show good performance with perfect projection and long lasting.
Aromatic, Clean all seasons perfume for all occasions.
I'm very recommend for this perfume.

My score to this perfume: 8

Cold & Metallic.
Of course my opinion is very subjective here... but this is not an easy one to like for me. I find the opening a little harsh, although the dry-down is really good. I think it's a mixed feeling for me. I think the quality is good (it's Chanel). To me it seems like a very high class, very formal version of Acqua di Gio. I find Acqua di Gio very playful, but I wouldn't wear it with a suit. This I would. Definitely. Overall it's not bad at all, I think it would smell good to most people. For me I find it a little metallic and cold (the geranium note?), and I often like my fragrances very warm and a little sensual, so I think for me I'm not too crazy about this as other people are. But I respect that this is very high quality smelling and would make a great impression with a suit in my opinion. So I just hope that what I've said here helps!
10.0/10

MASTERPIECE OF ALL TIME
MASTERPIECE!!!!

One of my favorites. My preferred!!! I do not use it but use it for a long time. Safe shopping. From age 30. Fits all occasions.

This perfume made Polge was a genius.

MASTERPIECE absolute.

CPE ~ Polge Masterpiece!
To me this is the "Quintessential Men's Fragrance!" Everything from the strong tasteful name itself to the simple elegance of the bottle design. And what's inside is pure class in glass with it's very fresh and floral notes. Grouped as a Woody Floral Musk to my nose this is better labeled as an Aromatic Fougere. Mr. Polge definitely found his western target market with his revised Egoiste formula from Chanel. After all it is still routinely recommended and reviewed even now twenty years later as one of the most versatile all season Signature scent's a man can reach for. In today's world of endless aquatics and candy sweet gourmand's CPE is still the strong fresh and clean fighting man left standing!
Scent ~ 10
Sillage ~ 8
Longevity ~ 8
5.0 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Metallic and delicious!
A wonderful mix of geranium, rosemary and woods, Platinum Egoiste is a masterpiece from Chanel.

Great for all year, it's a real aromatic fragrance.

It can be smell a bit metallic or sour, which actually is an edge in my opinion.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium-high. Definetely a must have!

Updated January 2014
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Something Chanel can proud of
Egoiste Platinum is one of those fragrances where you have to wait it out in order to understand its brilliance and appeal.

When I first sprayed it, I thought it was yet another sharp citrusy scent combined with lavender, but the more it developed the more amazing it became. I'm almost to the point where I would call this fragrance a major turn-on.

It's refreshing, a little spicy, slightly dry, clean and edgy. It's everything I enjoy in a masculine Summer scent, however due to this fragrance being so versatile, I'd say wear it all year round.

In the heart, I find this fragrance quite zesty, almost like a rich, pulpy orange with a sexy and heady geranium note. This fragrance is actually quite distinctive and unique despite it being so popular.

Egoiste Platinum reeks confidence, charm and comfort. I like the way guest_pippi (Fragrantica member) put it, I too could 'eat a man' wearing this. The drydown is a spectacular blend of woods and aromatic herbs.

The longevity and sillage are equally fabulous, everything that I'd expect from Chanel. It was a pity that the store in which I tested this fragrance didn't have the original Egoiste too, which I've been longing to try since discovering Egoiste Platinum.

JoaoMartins 143 days ago
Original Egoiste is miles better than this one. To be fair this one is a completely different take on Egoiste, so it's not just a flanker.+1
6.0

by Zora
by Zora
by Dunki
by Dunki
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993) | Cold as ice | it's not the vodka tv commercial spot ;-)
by Morpheus1
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)
by Morpheus1
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)| in platinum style | Es war der Duft vom verstorbenen Rapper Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. Während sein größter Rivale 2Pac Shakur wohl Dior bevorzugte.
by Morpheus1
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)
by TomDuft
by Night88
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Sycomore (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel