Platinum Égoïste 1993 Eau de Toilette

Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chanel for men and was released in 1993. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jacques Polge

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Neroli, Petitgrain, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGalbanum, Geranium, Jasmine, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.04.2021.

Sleep in on Sunday and then Platinum Egoïste
Only recently have I caught myself in such a moment that made me appreciate the Platinum Egoïste, like this one Sunday when I slept in late and first trotted sleepily to the bathroom.

The look in the mirror was borderline, as my scrunched up face with all the pillow marks looked like I had once again been spinning the nightly big wheel with friends, even though I dutifully stayed home for pandemic reasons.
The water temperature at the tap first turned to cold to counteract the monstrosity and scrub the facial wrinkles properly through.
Normally I shave myself wet with razor only weekdays during the week, because the employer attaches importance to a well-groomed appearance. But this time I had only Bock the contours of the three-day beard to shave.

So neat shaving foam on it on neck and neck and with acoustic Mukke of Damien Rice, David Gray from the Bose Bluetooth box come fitting finest vibes for the Sunday.
Rinse the whole thing off with water and while I used the towel to wipe the remaining foam from all
openings, the Platinum Egoïste in my collection laughed at me.
Splash on wrist, neck, neck and shirt with simultaneous explosion of freshness.
This lavender and rosemary, which immediately shoots into the nose, is so refreshing that it immediately promotes your body feeling in another league.
Until today, I have not found a fragrance that gives in such a natural way one this enormous fresh masculine body feeling, which makes me appear so confident that I have to think long, which fragrance would be capable of similar.

This fragrance also always reminds me of my childhood, when my father has always unpacked the roof brush for the weekend before breakfast, swung the Gilette blades and then cycled to the bakery around the corner. On his lap, it always smelled just like classic aftershave, which for me always underpinned his self-confident manner. I suspect times, that that aftershave also lavender and fresh scents had inne.

What makes Platinum Egoïste for me not a daddy scent. It is a fragrance that anyone can wear, who confidently goes through the day and also has a certain "masculine" self-confident appearance. The course I hear as quite linear but the freshness does not lose the beautiful intensity.

Overall, I would classify him already tending as Ü30 fragrance but for one or the other with certainty already earlier portable.

The durability and sillage are decent at about 6h, however, I have the impression that this earlier even stronger and more radiated.

In conclusion, I must say that this fragrance accompanies me very solid and confident through the day. When I wear this fragrance, I have the Chanel vibe. You put another one on top without screaming around.
The fragrance does not do somersaults but it also does not do somersaults, for which I love him, because understatement fragrances, are fully my thing.

So, this was my second comment on Parfumo and hopefully I could help undecided.

Have a nice Sunday together !

Chanel Platinum Egoiste EDT
Very underwhelmed by this scent. It smells like a very generic barbershop fragrance. Too Tinny and hollow for me. All I get is a mint opening with a synthetic, Lavender and Sage. There is an amber note that doesn't hang around for long. Smells like a semi skimmed Davidoff Cool Water and a watered down Tommy Hilfiger EDT Also doesn't project much and lasts around 2 hours. Also it is not soapy in the slightest. Scent 6/10 Sillage 6/10 Longevity 6/10

I know you
I've ran out of my first bottle. The opening is a bit angular, but once dried in, the scent develops a fresh metallic soap scent.

An acquaintance of mine always wore this perfume as his signature scent and I always wondered what he was wearing. Bought it blind one day. I sprayed it on my wrist and immediately gor shot back in time. It is funny if you have not smelled a scent for so long but it somehow remains stored.

Chanel Platinum Egoïste is a great scent in my opinion, someone else might find it a bit ordinary if they smell it on me. But just wait for the moment they buy her by accident. Then, after that first spray on the wrist, they immediately know what my motive was.

Would I buy it again? Yes, when i’m feeling to.

DieEineWelle
One of the best fragrances of all time
When I smelled Chanel Platinum for the first time at Douglas in the summer of 2005, I put the fragrance strip which my girlfriend at the time gave me aside at first. I was looking for something that smelled like Heaven by Chopard, but different. Heaven was until then my absolute favorite fragrance, but had somehow worn off for me.
Now I can hardly believe those words, because Heaven (A Century men's fragrance) has been discontinued. But that's just how it is, you miss things only when they are no longer tangible, and then you suddenly know what you had in it.
I needed something new. The 90s were over, I was 29, my hair was short again and I just needed a breath of fresh air. I stood with Claudia in the Douglas and sniffed at everything that looked fresh and aquatic.

... "But smell again, this is really good".
So I smelled again. Hmmm...Right that's not bad at all. ...Ey that smells really good. ...Wow, that's really awesome.
Chanel Platinum Egoiste lasted a good ten years as my signature scent before the search began again. The search for the perfect scent, or the perfect one wave as the surfers say. The relationship broke up but Platinum lasted a long time. But the association with the woman was already too strong for me to continue using the scent. And now I find myself searching again. But I have been searching for 5 years. There is hardly a fragrance that smells so balanced and perfect as CPE.

I'm wearing it right now, and have to say that the scent has unfortunately been reformulated. It still smells exactly like it did in 2005 , but it is toned down today. The projection and sillage have diminished. If
one put on the fragrance in the early 2000s, it lasted easily 12 hours and one was approached by women outside the club because of it.

When spraying on spreads a cool, luxurious lavender note, with a touch of neroli. Slightly soapy and metallic, minimally floral, but not feminine. If you put on Platinum Egoiste, you smell damn good.
My ex wanted to eat me up every time so good is this perfume, and women would randomly approach me about it. When I smell it anywhere, I immediately think "man that smells good...Platinum, good taste." Timeless, luxurious, masculine and easily in the top 25 best fragrances of all time. If you've never smelled the fragrance, you should definitely do so, it's an incredibly good perfume. I envy anyone who can rediscover it for themselves now
My first Chanel ?
I like this scent, I love this scent.
This freshness that lasts wonderfully and then is replaced by cool woody notes.
For a long time my fragrance for special moments. Now I get a little deeper into the subject of perfume.
The Egoiste Platinum will remain...
Hairspray deluxe
Without beating around the bush: Platinum Egoiste reminds me very much of hairspray. But not a cheap hairspray, but a noble hairspray. Hairspray deluxe, so to speak. An everyday fragrance that you can wear to the office without a problem, if you don't have a problem with a blow-dry hairstyle image. Definitely not for rebels though. Personally, I like to wear them when I feel like being perceived as a clean-cut man. For my more daring days, however, I prefer other scents.

Elegance from the 90's
Young and rich in the 90's, luxury over sophistication. A diamond ring. Not big and flashy, though. Elegant yet obviously expensive. Great quality and reliable performance, as you'd expect from a product with the Chanel label.

The opening is a bit strong. Metallic yes, especially on warmer days it is buzzing and a bit overwhelming. After that, the scent becomes comfortable and steady. Can't quite identify any of the notes stated. I'd describe it as soapy florals on a woody base.

If you don't know me...
When you first spray this, the metallic floral blast can really turn some people off. However, as it sits on your skin and projects an aloof sillage, you will sometimes get a heavenly waft that will convince you that this fragrance is unmistakenly Chanel.

You know, I have always had difficulty with this one. I bought it three times and sold it the first two times. It was metallic and something about it just did not sit too well with me. When I bought it the third time, I decided to stick it out and let it grow with me

This frag really describes an Egoiste. If people don't know him, they will definitely perceive him as a snob. He loves to dress up and his demeanor often come across as cold and arrogant. However, if people get to know him they will know that he is actually very loving and can be quite sensitive emotionally.

This fragrance is just like that. The tender floral heart can be only smelt after it settles down a little, in a discrete distance. When your loved ones come close, they will smell your beauty and tenderness as a man. But to others, you are aloof and cold as a wall of ice.

If you are an introvert Egoiste like that, you will get it.

I don't think this scent is particularly fit for a warm and friendly personality, they should opt for the allure home line.
Ahead of its time
I can hardly believe that this fragrance is from 1993. I still think it's up to date. Elegant, fresh in the usual Chanel quality. To me, Platinum Egoiste seems to be the spiritual father of Reflection Man and Prada L Homme. Many modern fragrances are inspired by the masterpiece of Jaques Polge. You can wear this fragrance very well as a signature. Fits to all occasions, also very well in the office. The durability is not too good, but you often have that with fresh scents. Some call Platinum Egoiste the commercial brother of the original Egoiste from 1990, but the commercial success speaks for itself. For me, Platinum Egoiste is the rediscovery of the year 2020

Class in a bottle
What a delight to smell a reformulation that is better than the original. More floral-citrusy and less metallic, this fragrance smacks of refined opulence. Classy masculinity with good longevity and a discreet sillage; only a couple of dabs behind the ears will last for hours and will not overpower anyone. Luxuriate!

JulphJulph 27 days ago
An old fashion 90'scent that I still love it in 2021.
MeneeixMeneeix 2 months ago
A metallic lavender that does not go out of style, with an excellent durability
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Some fresh flowers with a metallic touch. Little bit of green. It is smooth and has a calming mood. Elegant and discreet. Signature scent.
Dan81Dan81 11 months ago
Sharp and metallic flowers. Scent itself is not similar to its original but there is an Egoiste vibe of uncompromising expression of "self"
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
Less powerful and less clear-cut than Égoïste, but brilliant. A fern-green eau de toilette. An energetic accord of fresh and aromatic notes.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Original Egoiste is miles better than this one. To be fair this one is a completely different take on Egoiste, so it's not just a flanker.
RocendrollRocendroll 3 years ago
[Może być] Chłodny, elegancki, świeży, z klasą.

by Zora
by Zora
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Signaturduft Herr Lavendel :)
by Lavendel18
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993) | Cold as ice | it's not the vodka tv commercial spot ;-)
by Nicos91
by Nicos91
by Dunki
by Dunki
by OvidiuH
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)
by Morpheus1
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)| in platinum style | Es war der Duft vom verstorbenen Rapper Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. Während sein größter Rivale 2Pac Shakur wohl Dior bevorzugte.
by Morpheus1
Chanel -  Platinum Égoïste (1993)
by TomDuft
by Night88
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Chanel

Bois des Îles (Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel N°22 (Parfum) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°19 (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Sensuelle (Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2016) (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel 1957 by Chanel