Gabrielle Chanel Essence (2019)

Gabrielle Chanel Essence is a new perfume by Chanel for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesCitruses, Red fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Tunisian orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 14.01.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Margot Robbie.

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Exotic Quantum Leap
A fragrance full of luminosity writes Chanel on the homepage. It should be warm, flowery, sensual and opulent. This all sounds very promising. But is the smell the same? Has Oliver Polge managed to transport this claim into a bottle? From me it's clear: Yes! Oliver Polge has created a young, contemporary yet elegant fragrance that does justice to the house of Chanel.

With the Gabrielle line Chanel obviously tries to appeal to a younger audience and to shake off the somewhat dusty image.
Even if die-hard fans don't want to see it: The young audience usually thinks of Chanel as "omega fragrances". As beautiful as the old Chanel fragrances were or are, they are no longer contemporary. Younger women can hardly afford the Exclusiv series or do not know it.
To keep up with the market, however, a contemporary fragrance must also be part of the portfolio. Oliver Polge has hit the nerve of the time with his choice of ingredients: Citrus notes and white flowers open the fragrance with their sunny notes. A warm sensual impression is immediately created. Quite quickly, ylang ylang, tuberose and jasmine take over and give the fragrance its sweetness and exotic touch. Later the fragrance becomes milder and creamier with sandalwood, vanilla and a little coconut. The fragrance is perfectly balanced, no note really stands out, nothing disturbs. The fragrance is warm, soft, creamy and sensual. Gabrielle seems very natural. The exotic components have been very popular for years - especially with an audience that is used to travelling to faraway countries.
And yet it is not an obtrusive coconut banger a la Victoria's Secrets and not a loud, cheerful Paco Rabanne fragrance.
Gabrielle remains Chanel and is therefore, despite all her opulence, reservedly elegant. Gabrielle leaves no murderous silhouette and is so elegant that it can also be worn in a business outfit. The shelf life is very good with up to 8 hours
Gabrielle is indeed as promised on the Chanel homepage: Sensual, opulent and passionate. The fragrance of a modern younger or young-at-heart woman who enjoys life with all her senses and yet is a respectable personality.

There are some similarities to the first Gabrielle, only that this one is a bit more harsh and sporty.
Both have their own charm
I think Chanel is going to take a new line with Gabrielle. Also recognizable by the modified bottle. It is certainly a quantum leap in perfume technology from No5 or No19 to Gabrielle. But all of them are children of their time and met the spirit of the times. For me Gabrielle Essence is one of the best new releases in 2019 and for a long time the best Chanel ever.
8.0 7.0 10.0 9.0/10

My faithful companion
After the birth of my daughter, I only very slowly entered the world of fragrances again. Many things were too sweet, powdery, flowery, spicy, soapy, fresh, intrusive, etc. So I rarely wore perfume and it was very difficult to find one I liked. Even now I still cannot wear all the fragrances from my collection. But I have won my new Gabi with great pleasure. Nothing here is too much for my taste that would bother me. I smell pleasant and noble. There is simply no occasion where the scent wouldn't fit, so I wear it like I wear it for shopping, as well as for the Christmas and other festivities and I feel great!
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

pudelbonzo
Humility is an adornment...
... my grandmother used to say.
And I agree with her on that.

That's why I really liked Gabrielle EdP.

She's the nice, neat girl next door - without any airs and graces.

Essence, on the other hand, seems to me like his older sister, who likes to dress up and play the first violin.

It is also very good for cleanliness, because it spreads a clear scent of soap - which makes a more propper impression, but does not necessarily appeal to me.

Probably her shiny house is meticulously maintained with Master Propper.
This picture also makes me uncomfortable.

There are still some fruits and blossoms cheating their way through the soap curtain - but I can't get rid of the house cleaning association.

Now I also have the catchy tune in my head:

Meister Propper loosens any dull dirt in the house -
he has everything mirrored
as on the very first day.

The lyrics were written by my ma's girlfriend - the music by Klaus Doldinger.

Of course mum and friend Gisela swore by Mr. Propper - and the two ladies would have liked Essence, too.

He's too immodest and too neat to me
I'd rather stay with the lovely little sister
8.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Sonnenfee
...is a Chanel ... is a Chanel...
The big question is: to what extent is Gabrielle 2, as I want to call him of simplicity, different from Gabrielle 1?
And: is the whole flanking, also at Chanel, not hackneyed and superfluous?

I answer the second question first: can you see it that way? However, if you have a brand-related weakness as a fragrance collector like me at Chanel, that can make subjective sense.

Left wrist: Gabrielle 1, right: Gabrielle 2.

The fragrance pyramids are quite similar to each other whom wundert´s. And yet:

1: opens a bit more edgy and discreetly citric, that's not the case with 2: here all the flowers are mixed up in a smoother way at the push of a button - I definitely perceive ylang and a soft tuberose.
In addition there is a somewhat sweeter fruitiness than with the 1, which runs through the whole course without getting the upper hand.

After about 20 minutes 1 loses speed compared to 2, develops a ticking brighter, harsher and quieter.

The 2, on the other hand, remains fruity-floral. The base adds creaminess and supports the white-flower heart, which for me is the theme of the perfume.

Gabrielle 1 remains softer and fresher with regard to the flower theme, she also gets similar support from the basic fragrances.

Gabrielle 2 smells rounder and fuller overall without getting heavy. It is a perfume for all occasions, as they are so typical for Chanel.
Since it does not concern a monothematic Bumenduft, Tuberose - or Ylangempfindliche noses do not have to be afraid to be killed, because extremes gibt´s here not.
But you should like white flowering plants.

The shelf life is good.

Jazzy76 123 days ago
"soapier", more intense and very feminine, this flanker could represent the contemporary classy woman.
Discrete-good sillage.Interesting!+2
6.0
Shojoid 144 days ago
Tuberose (this version has 10% more of it in the formula) with a hot iron surface fom aldehydes. A mix of yellow dried fruit in background.+1

Popular Chanel

Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Antaeus (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême by Chanel Coco Mademoiselle (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 (Parfum) by Chanel Coromandel (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure Homme Édition Blanche (Eau de Toilette Concentrée) by Chanel Bleu de Chanel (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Platinum Égoïste (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Coco (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Allure Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel N°5 Eau Première by Chanel Pour Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) / A Gentleman's Cologne / For Men by Chanel Coco Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel Sycomore (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Chanel Allure (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel N°19 (Parfum) by Chanel Chance (Eau de Parfum) by Chanel