Royal Leather 2012

Royal Leather by Charriol
Royal Leather is a popular perfume by Charriol for men and was released in 2012. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Raphaël Haury

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Pink pepper, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Leather, Dried fruits
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.05.2020.

Chizza
It doesn't always have to be the whole raspberry field
The day came to an end and my last big leather case was already a few weeks ago. Then this royal contemporary entered my office. She looked around furtively, then she scurried in. I raised my eyebrow and looked at her irritated. I almost knocked over my coffee mug with the six-pack of donuts.

"What can I do for you, my lady?!" I exclaimed. She came straight to the point: "I hear you're the best?"
"It's possible." "Find an optician that's even less expensive than..." - "I'm sorry to interrupt you, I'm what's known as a leather-scented detective. The best. And only one."
"Oh, well, while I'm here...I've gotten to know this smell the other day and it's driving me crazy! Could you find out what it does and how it goes so I know if I should buy it?"
"Feasible. What kind of material can I work with?" "I have a bottling plant here." "Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, but, mm-hm... when do you need results?" "Tomorrow, I was going to post a commentary on Parfumo, does that work?"
Since I had little to do, I accepted and started straight away. So I thought: "Charriol, French brand, what do you know! Royal Leather, aha. Off to research! Scented twins TL, LY.....to say the least, nonsense, as I realized after the first test....Nobil Homo Sultan Leather? No, he has too much spice and not enough punch. I think I'll have to roll it out myself....."

Royal Leather is not royal, but clear in its nature. The first time it is a wonderful saffron scent, not too obtrusive, mixed just right and underlined with a pinch of pepper. At first I was confused, but others always rub their whole spice cabinet on leather but not here and that's good. Less is more. The leather comes through well, looks tart and masculine through the saffron and doesn't want to please directly. Royal Leather wants attention, you could say.
A lot of time passes until the dried fruits are noticeable. Honestly, of course, this is meaningless, because what kind of fruits should they be in detail? It can hardly be smelled out. But their presence explains the at some point increasingly fruity-sweet note. This one rests gently in the fragrance melange, holding back nobly. Here, the saffron gradually withdraws, but remains present. The fruit level of an LY or Ombre Leather is not really given in terms of strength and fruitiness, but - yes, I must say it now - it actually reaches the level of dried fruit, which, even in relation, no longer offers this fruitiness and sweetness, but can even possess a bitter sweetness. That is the case here.

If I were to claim that the fragrance makes big jumps afterwards, I would be lying. So it stays on the skin for many hours. Dazzling and intimidating sillage? No, not that. In so far as royal, though, as the fragrance has style. Not too many ingredients, straight up scent, nobody gets slain. Surprising how fine leather plus saffron smells without myriads of other additions. Unfortunately, it is no longer produced and has to be purchased from abroad at higher prices.

Prosperonlin
A different sort of beast.
Very different from the usual suspects... designers

I find a little dificult trying to explain what I think about Charriol Royal Leather, and Charriol Royal Platinum, for that matter. But one thing I am sure of it is not the Chanel/Hermes/Dior/Yves Saint Laurent/etc... we all are acostumed to. No, there is something that says very clearly that this is something completely different. And I don't mean that it doesn't smell good, but the whole composition is of anther kind, the approach is not the same, and most of us are not prepared for it, perhaps? Is it nich it leans to? The scent itself is quite inspiring and reminds me of strange foreing places when you first arrive and it smells different from where you come from. It does smell exotic and the saffron note is almost food-like as in a Paella,there is some sweetness from fruit notes, iris and sandalwood/amber,and, of course, the Leather: it is like a piece of leather forniture that has been kept well treated for ages and you feel like loose yourself on it, on its softnes, on its luxurious feel. And when you do that you feel good, you feel richness around you, you feel comfortable. If it smells like TF TL... I cannot tell for I don't know the TF scent, but although it strangeness at first it does smell good, and yes, the bottle is like a $$$ goods. But, for an EDP, it seems to be very weak, is that a trait of nich fragrances, as my Musc Nomade by AG? Although I can smell it hours later it nedds more than few sprays to take off so close to the skin it stays. I paid about US$ 70 for it, and in Brazil, where a bottle of Bleu de Chanel costs US$ 210, it was a good buy. I hope more people take the leap and share their thoughts with us.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A very good leather fragrance although a bit faint for an EdP. It has saffron instead of raspberry but I like it this way. Hard to find.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Delicate leather with dried, slightly smoky plum. Fine saffron note is skillfully softened by iris.

by Oloroso
by Hordak
by Momoo
by Momoo

Popular Charriol

Royal White by Charriol Imperial Saphir by Charriol Royal Platinum by Charriol Imperial Ruby by Charriol Charriol pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Charriol Charriol pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Royal Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Charriol (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Charriol (Eau de Toilette) by Charriol Charriol pour Homme Sport by Charriol Show Off by Charriol