Royal White 2013

Royal White by Charriol
Royal White is a popular perfume by Charriol for men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Cofinluxe / Cofci.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Violet, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesOud, Oakmoss, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.11.2020.

INCREDIBLE PIECE OF ART .... by Annick Ménardo
This fragrance has got some notes that I usualy dieslike. Probably the magic of Annick Ménardo is just to strong and this perfume is a true work of art. If you are a fresh/woody/oriental scents lover you may have found one of your masculin top fragrances. If you are a woman I think you may have found one of the most enjoyable unisex fragrances.

After spraying, you get a very enjoyable fresh and semi sweet opening (a strong dessert rhubarb note dominating, but a citrusy joyfull grapefruit present as well), smoth development (fantastic not cloying sweet rose note dominating) and glamorous dry down (rose, oud and vetiver notes fantastic combo).
Exceptional quality in the componments are the only explanation for the joy you get from the existing notes.
What a fantastic blending.
The performance is also fantastic with 10+ hours longevity, 6+ feet sillage and an above average projection that lasts more than 3 hours.

Let us see what the maths tell us about this intense EDT:
Scent opening: 9.0 (my judgement; with less rhubarb, it would be a 10)
Scent dry down: 9.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.0 (above average for the existing notes)
Sillage: 8.0 (same as longevity)
Uniqueness: 9.5 (very well designed and blended, a real masterpiece with no similar frags on the market as far as I know)
Wearability: 8.5 (Winter warm days; Autumn, Spring and Summer- nights and days)
Versatility: 10.0 (a big yes to socializing, events, restaurants, and office type of situations; champion fragrance in what regards outdoor activities, clubbing, night out, bar with friends, dates and "close encounters"; in summary - everywhere)
Quality: 10.0 (my judgement)
Presentation: 10.0 (outstanding bottle look, constriction and card box protection; very good sprayer; very handy metal and plastic cap ans locking mechanism)
Price: 9.5 (100 ml for €26.00 + taxes; hardly could be better)

My overall rating for this fragrance: 9.16/10.00
(I really had to resist my will of rating a 10 in every feature)
I really do recommend it.

This was my first Charriol cologne and after this gem I was eager to buy a couple more (I own four different Charriol bottles now). This fragrance took ten minutes to go from a curious blind buy to my top twenty or even to my top ten Summer fragrances.
All the stages are really pleasant.
The opening is as triumphal as Aida's Triumphal March and Chorus. The rhubarb (a note that I usually hate) does dominate with a surprising freshness and its sweetness is tamed by the more bitter grapefruit. Both notes are still present in 2nd phase opening a door tho the most magnific rose I have ever experienced (and I am not a fan of the rose note). The transition is very smoth and you can also detect the earthy presences of violet and patchouli.
This is not a strong oud cologne although you do feel an oud light scent in the bottom notes and during the dry down. But this smoth sweet light oud is there to give you a structure together with the rose and not to dominate the "global scent". If there is ruler here, make no mistakes. It's a queen rose, magnanim and majestic. The vetiver and the moss do have thair place in this magific scenario, helping with their bitterness and smokiness to control the reigning sweetness and keep the composition balanced.
This magnific blending let's you also distinguish its various facets coming from the notes. You can inhale its woodiness (rose, oud, patchouli, moss and vetiver), its earthyness (violet, patchouli, moss and vetiver) and its powderyness (rose and violet).
Congratulations to Annick Ménardo for this magnific masterpiece.

Just turn on your computer and order one bottle ASAP!

Dan81Dan81 5 months ago
Fresh-floral scent: grapefruit and Rhubarb are fleeting and rose takes over quickly. Nice and inoffensive but slightly dated for my taste
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
A very pleasant surprise from Charriol with this unisex fresh-woody masterpiece that will attract a lot of attention without being cloying.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
This fragrance is more niche than the majority of the niche fragrances I know. I am speachless with its scent, quality, looks...& price.

Popular Charriol

Royal Leather by Charriol Imperial Saphir by Charriol Royal Platinum by Charriol Imperial Ruby by Charriol Charriol pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Charriol Charriol pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Royal Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Charriol (Eau de Parfum) by Charriol Charriol (Eau de Toilette) by Charriol Charriol pour Homme Sport by Charriol Show Off by Charriol