Chloé (2007)Eau de Parfum

Version from 2007
Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé
Bottle Design Patrick Veillet

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Lychee, Peony
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 21.05.2020.

Eternal Love
My mother got this scent for her birthday shortly after its appearance and of course I smelled it and used it 2-3 times. Unfortunately I didn't earn much money then, but a year ago I bought it again. I bought it from my former best friend from the past, for little money. Short time later, after x years of radio silence we met again. It was a great time then, but unfortunately she could not revive our meeting. The smell reminds me of my mother and her. I still love one person, but with the other the love has vanished and although I rarely use it, I love it and would always buy it again. It brings me into a special atmosphere. For me it smells like a luxury soap, but not too fresh, but slightly creamy and slightly like a rose, but whiter. Probably here the peony is the note my nose gets stuck on. It is an evergreen for me and certainly "Everybody's darling". It is pleasant to smell, not pungent, could be worn well on a date and at a job interview or if you want to feel fresh, light and luxurious

A Flabbergasting Queen Rose in the Woods
There is something sinless about white roses. They have a pure and delicate feeling, and they seem to light up below the summer daylight. If you are anything like me, you feel an urge to smell roses when you see them, but few know what is responsible for this enchanting scent. The proliferation of fake rose scents and modern breeding displaced the smell of roses in many people's minds. Walk through a rose garden on a warm summer's morning, and the range of fragrances can be intoxicating — take the same walk later in the day, and the smell will be different due to the various chemicals that make up the scent. The same happens to fragrances, the resulting scent depends upon many factors. Why am I talking about roses? I was drawn into the hype of Chloé just when I was planning my last vacations to NYC and I snagged a whiff of powdery rose from a friend of mine. "What perfume are you wearing?" I asked, and she told me it was Chloé, what else? Powdery is an accord I am fond of, and Chloé was missing in my collection.

Chloé is a fresh, woody, musky and floral harmony. It is not a rose-centered solinote perfume, but as in a bouquet, the rose absolute is surrounded by other white blossoms, such as magnolia and gardenia, for instance, with a hint of woody depth. I like to think about the delicate and sensual white rose still covered with morning dew. I don't know if the white rose kind is used here, but to me, the mystery is hidden in a white rose, the common thread running through the whole fragrance. Something stirs in my heart when I smell this heavenly scent.

On my skin, Chloé rises to a fragrance that is immediately revealed, full of sensitivity and mystery. The result is the best for female and male creativity. The overture is fresh, fruity, and a bit citrus. Freesia is crisp, bright, and white, I recognize the lovely and gentle smell the Asian lychee, and a dusty, clean, rosy peony completes the accord. This is a beautiful rosy floral fragrance, the rose comes out on top. To be frank, if you are someone who thinks 'grandma' when they hear 'rosy fragrance', that is not the case with this. Of course, the scent has the familiarity of certain other fresh, floral scents, Calvin Klein's Escape came immediately to mind, yet felt utterly contemporary and fully realized, so sharp, so piercing.

To me, Chloé always reminds me of a calm springtime day in a peaceful backyard. That beautiful smell of flowers kissed by the sun. When the teasing opening notes soothe down, the heart takes the classic rose and ingeniously turns it into something vibrant, intimate, more sensual, which is refreshing but not the traditional old lady scent way. The peculiar character of this freakish rose is accompanied by magnolia and lily of the valley. Again, the heart is white, pristine, immaculate. Everything turns around the rose, perfectly balanced, like the musicians of an orchestra who follow the maestro.

The final stage comes with the queen rose, meeting the woods. Subtle intimations of warm amber, elegant honey-like cedarwood with a tad of pencil-sharpener vibe, and pure blackberries musk form the base of the scent. The finish is the most heavenly cedarwood and amber composition I've ever experienced on my skin. Like a warm hug.

It's so tender, lovely, classy, sophisticated, and soft, but the scent stays on my skin a long time, and I don't have to spray a lot to smell it. A subtle, floral scent that is great for daywear, Spring is the best season to me. The smell is complex and offers many different layers. It hints at being playful but also has a bolder note to give it a classy age. Wear it in leisure time, or on a working day, it won't be offensive to your mates. The fragrance, on the whole, is quite floral yet fresh but also has a hint of sweet fruit to keep it from becoming cloying.

Lately, a bouquet of powdered florals, rose, cucumbery and slightly soapy floral scent. It has grown on me to a point where I am mildly obsessed. I would be 1000% happy to be proven wrong, but in my experience of rocking this awesome rosy fragrance, I wasn't disappointed at any moment. What do you think?

Stay safe; stay well.

-Elysium
Eaumygosh
Fresh laundry in the rose garden
Chloé and I have been friends for years, even though I should never have liked her.

Back in 2011/12 I was a teenager and finally at the age when I was allowed to wish for the odd designer fragrance every now and then. Had I been asked at that time what I thought about rose fragrances, the answer would probably have been: as much distance as possible. Nevertheless, Chloé became one of my first "higher quality" fragrances. At that time I received a sample of the fragrance and felt immediately enchanted
Already the first breath right after spraying on the flowers takes me into a rose garden. So pure and lovely. The scent of freshly washed white sheets, which hang outside to dry on the line, is added to this. The sun is shining and a pleasant breeze spreads a delicate nuance of the detergent and fabric softener scent in the air that sticks to the sheets. Add a delicate touch of fruit in the top note - very fine and subtle... and Chloé is ready. This way the fragrance remains on my skin - the initial subtle fruitiness disappears after half an hour, but the wonderfully pure and clean rose scent remains. So elegant, well-groomed, lovely and not at all pushy. Maybe the impression is also due to the pretty bottle (if it hasn't got a plate attached), but "Chloé" also seems a bit vintage to me. Maybe "timeless" would be the better word. Classically beautiful.

But in no case should one be deceived by the description. Chloe's got a lot of power. I used my old love the other day for the first time this year. And I made the mistake of generously fogging in. I wish I could've remembered Chloe as my rosy scent of cleanliness. It's got to be something close. No. It was too much. A cloud surrounded me for hours. Two sprays will do it. The durability is also good, especially for such a clean scent - on clothes you can feel it for 7/8 hours, on the skin 5/6.

I think "Chloé" is beautiful and I will soon venture into the EdT, as well as the other versions of this fragrance. Maybe I will find another favourite

It smells like Hotel
I was in the mall yesterday, was checking out a few scents, i had a list of names i wanted to try out, i usually like floral and fruity notes, Powdery aswell, but not a big fan of sweet scents, especially the very strong-too sweet ones. So i went through the list of perfumes, i had 10 names, chloe was one of them, all of them i have never tried before but i have heard recommendations about. I ended up buying two perfumes, Chloe, and Tiffany intense. Tiffany I LOVED !! no question about that. Chloe i have tried on a strip of card, to me it smelled like soap, i did like that since I didn’t have a scent that smelled like soap. But then when i have taken it home i sprayed it on my skin and clothes. It smelled different on each. On my clothes after spraying something like 4-5 sprays i managed to clearly get its floral notes. It is a light floral fresh scent, slightly citrusy too, but really light its not a heavy strong sent, good for daytime and sunny days, for work, for daily use. Its a fresh and clean floral sent. Not overwhelming. It reminds me almost of a Hotel smell. Its good, not bad, but not the best, and not a favorite.

One of my favourites
Ah, Chloé... When I found you, I knew I had found my signature scent. I wasn't really looking for you but I sniffed you and I was in love.
Chloé starts with the fruity, fresh scent of juicy lychees, the powdery sweet scent of peonies and the exotic, creamy scent of freesias. Almost immediately the top notes merge with the heart, which consists of the obvious smell of a rose garden in bloom. The scents of Lily of the Valley and Magnolia are also found in the heart. This gives the perfume a very delicate, romantic and feminine touch, and yet it smells very sparkling and fresh. The base of Chloé consists of amber and cedar wood. This immediately gives the scent a little more depth and warmth.
This is one of the few fragrances that really works great with my skin. I somehow feel more myself when I wear her, if that makes any sense..

In the beginning, the perfume can mainly be described as a fresh, "green" rose scent. The scent becomes slightly powdery and softer due to the scent of peonies, and slightly lighter due to the scent of lilies and magnolia. It is therefore not an intoxicating, sweet rose scent, but rather a sparkling, modern scent. The rose is clearly present, so Chloé is perfect for lovers of soft, floral scents with a hint of fresh and a powdery touch. I find it a very friendly, familiar scent. Not necessarily a "femme fatale" scent, but simply such a wonderful perfume which you can spray on every day and which could really become your signature perfume.

I could...
no different...i don't like roses at all...i needed something with all the grey that smells clean and tidy...i don't care if someone turns up their nose or if it's inappropriate for winter.
Morning on public transport...the man smells like boss and the ladies like something from Lancome (or unshowered).
I never like uniform mush...I want to stand out...and that does woman by the woodhammer method.
Amber and cedar... I don't smell it, it's totally ROSE. And the right...like grandma's soap...horny. a little old-fashioned.
Just welcome me today...but may be over tomorrow, then I want dark again.
Rose weight
For me personally simply too much rose, but since I generally avoid the scent of roses, I am strongly biased. Anyone who prefers very floral fragrances and especially rose fragrances will certainly be happy with them.
Beautiful Chloé
Early in the morning. The first rays of sunlight blink through the linen curtains. Through the tilted windows you can quietly hear the birds chirping and the light wind brings in the scent of the most beautiful roses.
The young woman is lying in her big bed, the covers are white. She opens her blue eyes, which directly capture the sun's rays and shine. She is in a good mood and wants more of the fine flowers and rays. She gets out of bed in her satin lingerie to pull the big curtains aside. She looks out of the window and in front of her lie wide flowering meadows. She goes back to the bed and shakes up the sheets, the smell of the fresh laundry rises with it. She's smiling because she's looking forward to this beautiful day. She opens her hair and falls down a long blonde mane. Her face is perfect, she doesn't need make up. She quickly slips into her silk blouse and pencil skirt. But it doesn't matter what she wears, she looks good in everything.
When she leaves the house, she's the star, because:
Almost everyone knows Chloé. She's the sympathetic girl next door. Her charisma is fascinating and very often she is asked about it. Chloé leaves traces in passing and remains in memory. Anyone who dates her knows she takes all day.

I like to spend a lot of time with my beautiful friend Chloé :)
Intrigue at court
The young French nobleman Chloé strolls through the gardens of her father's court...

At that time she was tall, golden blond and considered to be the most beautiful of the French nobility.

Many young and well-off men have already been shown to her. But no one had her heart as much in spell as Arno, the gardener of the court.

He planted the most beautiful roses in France and enjoyed an excellent reputation because he made soaps exclusively for Chloé's father's court from their flowers.

Every night the young Chloé sneaked up to him in the workers' side house and they talked for hours, danced with the other servants in the village or rode out in the picturesque landscape.
At some point, Arno decided to convince Chloé's father to stop his daughter's hand. He created a soap just for that purpose, just for her. It smelled of all different kinds of roses, had a great cleansing effect and was made from the best raw materials available in Europe at that time.

At the end of the evening he presented his desire to her father, but he rejected it with a sigh of relief.

He banished the gardener Arno and lost his daughter Chloé, who ran away with him the same night.

The beautiful garden was atrophied and the festival lost its exclusivity. But Arno and Chloé didn't care.

Legend has it that hundreds of years later the recipe for his soap was found and the finder turned it into a perfume.

Chloé and Arno moved to Paris and there he became one of the most sought-after soap boilers in the world.

And if they didn't die, they still smell today
5.5
Soap in rose shape
Uiuiuiuiuiui unfortunately we two are at odds.
I bought Chloe as EDP, curious to know how this scent works on me.

On my skin:
Pft a sprayer is enough and a cloud of soap claws my nose and jumps to my neck. Chemical, bright almost unpleasantly penetrating. After a long eternity, the soap becomes softer and turns into a clean, washed cold powder.
It's gonna be Stuunden's way.

Wow we two definitely don't like each other scent on skin, a clear yak.

But and now the pleasant, my shirt is totally thrilled, adopts a clear bright powdery soft scent that smells delicious even a day later.
Seems like a synthetic scent that likes cotton.

If you like clean fragrances with a clear, room-filling, long-lasting, straightforward and direct odeur, chloe is the right choice for you.
Who likes it more gentle and more inconspicuous, with a tendency to the unexpected surprising with lively warm fantasy is better to make a bow around this smell. (Or you let the shirt and the scent form a symbiosis)

ElysiumElysium 82 days ago
A bouquet of powdered florals, rose, cucumbery and slightly soapy floral scent. It has grown on me to a point where I am mildly obsessed.
TruckladyTrucklady 12 months ago
Beige minimalism was in around 2003-2006. This is a lovely victim of its age. Not a bad thing, but the edt outshone the edp.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
It's strange, but sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it...maybe the opening notes? after a few hours I find it better

by Luxi
by Luxi
Hält ähnlich lang wie Beton.
by BBMie
Rosenpudertraum (meine Beetrose namens 'Bernstein')
by Blödel
by Blödel
by Zimtschnecke
by Zimtschnecke
Geborgen im Rosenlaub (Beetrose 'Montana')
by Zelena
In der Abendsonne auf Vogelhaus
by Baeumchen
by Callas
by Callas
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. Ich liebe schönes zum Schreiben.
by Baeumchen
by Dasa
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Chloé

Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Capucine by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Lavande by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Parfum) by Chloé Chloé (2008) (Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé