Chloé (2007) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2007
Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé
Bottle Design: Patrick Veillet

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Lychee, Peony
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 12.07.2019

5.0 9.0 10.0 8.5/10

One-sided love
Chloé I love you, but you don't love me...

When I first met Chloé, I was in Japan, in Tokyo to be exact. It was such a beautiful journey, Japan is such a beautiful country.
And in this subway there it often smelled so incredibly good. Was it a special detergent? A shampoo? A perfume? I didn't know, but I fell in love.

Back in my homeland I could only think of you and sometimes I felt like I could smell your smell somewhere but I couldn't find you until one day in the supermarket.... bam! There you were! I had to take the opportunity.

So I followed the scent through the whole supermarket until I could find the wearer. I was fascinated that a fragrance could fill an entire supermarket. I asked her for the name of the perfume and the next day I bought it without hesitation.
And I was disappointed. Yes, it's that smell that immediately reminds me of my beloved Japan. Yeah, it smells good, but not the way I used to smell it. It just doesn't like me. It bites my nose, it gives me a headache. Even spraying once is too intrusive for me. My heart was broken. I thought it was the great love but we just don't fit together.

Again and again I smell it on other people and I love it on them, again and again I give this scent a chance but we still don't understand each other.

The scent itself. It is flowery and fresh for me, just smells like good fabric softener and I love the smell of fresh laundry above all. It also has absolute recognition value. Also slightly powdery and creamy. I clearly smell the magnolia and a hint of lily of the valley.
If only there weren't this scratching in the nose..

Something else that bothers me is the bottle. The stubble doesn't hold well and I've lost it in some pocket. The meta oil is somehow oxidized and doesn't look very nice anymore....

Fatit: It is a good fragrance that stands out and that you will love if you like the scent of fresh laundry. Only unfortunately he bites me in the nose when I carry him myself.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Intrigue at court
The young French nobleman Chloé strolls through the gardens of her father's court...

At that time she was tall, golden blond and considered to be the most beautiful of the French nobility.

Many young and well-off men have already been shown to her. But no one had her heart as much in spell as Arno, the gardener of the court.

He planted the most beautiful roses in France and enjoyed an excellent reputation because he made soaps exclusively for Chloé's father's court from their flowers.

Every night the young Chloé sneaked up to him in the workers' side house and they talked for hours, danced with the other servants in the village or rode out in the picturesque landscape.
At some point, Arno decided to convince Chloé's father to stop his daughter's hand. He created a soap just for that purpose, just for her. It smelled of all different kinds of roses, had a great cleansing effect and was made from the best raw materials available in Europe at that time.

At the end of the evening he presented his desire to her father, but he rejected it with a sigh of relief.

He banished the gardener Arno and lost his daughter Chloé, who ran away with him the same night.

The beautiful garden was atrophied and the festival lost its exclusivity. But Arno and Chloé didn't care.

Legend has it that hundreds of years later the recipe for his soap was found and the finder turned it into a perfume.

Chloé and Arno moved to Paris and there he became one of the most sought-after soap boilers in the world.

And if they didn't die, they still smell today
7.0 6.0 8.0 3.5/10

Soap in rose shape
Uiuiuiuiuiui unfortunately we two are at odds.
I bought Chloe as EDP, curious to know how this scent works on me.

On my skin:
Pft a sprayer is enough and a cloud of soap claws my nose and jumps to my neck. Chemical, bright almost unpleasantly penetrating. After a long eternity, the soap becomes softer and turns into a clean, washed cold powder.
It's gonna be Stuunden's way.

Wow we two definitely don't like each other scent on skin, a clear yak.

But and now the pleasant, my shirt is totally thrilled, adopts a clear bright powdery soft scent that smells delicious even a day later.
Seems like a synthetic scent that likes cotton.

If you like clean fragrances with a clear, room-filling, long-lasting, straightforward and direct odeur, chloe is the right choice for you.
Who likes it more gentle and more inconspicuous, with a tendency to the unexpected surprising with lively warm fantasy is better to make a bow around this smell. (Or you let the shirt and the scent form a symbiosis)

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Chloe EdP - clean, pure rose
I got Chloe EdP some years ago from my mother to comfort me when I wasn't doing so well because of the separation of my ex-husband.
My dear mother wanted to cheer me up a little. And since she knew that I love rose fragrances, she gave me this fragrance in a sweet "my little" bottle for Mother's Day. A Mother's Day present from my own mother to my daughter. I've never had that either.
Before that I already had the rosy-citric LÈau de Chloe at home, which I also like very much by the way.

Chloe EdP is a rose fragrance. But the scent of roses is not the same as the scent of roses. There are delicate, light, innocent roses, oriental-sweet-soothing roses, intense dirty roses with earth and spines, aldydic chypre roses and clean, freshly washed roses, of which I include Chloe EdP.
Chloe EdP is not very complex and rather a compact fragrance with few indigrences, as it is modern nowadays. Still I can smell a few notes out well.

At the very beginning I perceive the fruity touch of lychee, which pairs with some magnolia and immediately unites with the rose blossom. The rose appears strong and strong, pure and innocent. Chloe gives an overall clean impression with a very light soapiness, only very delicate. Here the cedar enters into a marriage with the lychee rose and strengthens the clean freshness even more. The fragrance appears almost perfectly balanced.
The Sillage is extremely good. Applied yesterday before bedtime, I still smell it in the morning after getting up.

Chloe EdP is a very well made rose fragrance that embodies the pure, innocent woman of today. I am thinking of a perfectly made-up, well dressed young lady (or older lady) who is well adapted and integrated into society. She's not a rebel who's on the mop. Somehow it fits the modern image of a woman who always has to be perfect.

I like the scent and find it very well made although I don't fit into this role model. But it doesn't matter, and I wear Chloe EdP once in a while, but not too often. Chloe EdP is a very good, if not authentic rose scent, which I find very successful. My personal favorite rose is another, Elisabethan Rose (1984) from Penhaligons.
Nevertheless I appreciate Chloe EdP very much and will always have him in my collection. Thanks, Mom!

Happygeisha
a rose by any other name...
rose!? ... now let's be honest here... roses bring to mind a more mature wearer. a lady who lunches in pearls, Chanel suits and white gloves. honestly, when i smell rose in a perfume, i just... can't. no no no. nope.

But this. THIS. this is not your grandmother's rose perfume. this is turkish rose and tropical fruits like lychee. this is flirty and curious. this is light and sexy. this is something i would actually wear! it smells like sunshine and barefoot strolls through english gardens. it smells like YOUTH!

OH MY GOD CHLOE WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE? SORCERERS!? YOU MAKE MAGIC HAPPEN!

give it a chance, take it from me, this is some good juice baby!
4.0/10

Bouzeos
one of the most boring perfumes I ever tested
Rose oil, syrupy canned litchi, a little wilted peony and some magic pixie dust. A teenage girl trying to be attractive and interesting, but fails in every way because she tries too much not to offend at the same time.

Easy to forget and, oh... did I mention this?- extreeeemely boring.

Chloe
I tested this today at the drugstore. For some reason the first thing that came to my mind was "hospital." To me, this reminds me of what a hospital smells like. Kind of like the stuff that the janitor mixes with water and mops the floors with. Cleaning fluid type of smell. I just don't like it. Not for me.
5.0/10

Watery Abstract Rose
Michel Almairic has designed a variety of perfumes for Bond no 9, so it's interesting to see him listed as one of the perfumers for Chloe CHLOE, as this composition reminds me very much of some of the Bond no 9 abstract floral perfumes, including CHELSEA FLOWERS. These sorts of compositions work well for many people--except when they don't, obviously as a result of some sort of chemical incompatibility. They strike me as highly synthetic, so I do not recommend them as floral perfumes, per se, and such creations must be tested on skin, otherwise one risks finding oneself at the wrong tail of the bell curve distribution of chemical compatibility.

CHLOE is a watery, abstract rose-esque fragrance which smells clean and fresh and appears to be intended specifically for public space. There is the slightest touch of shampoo-like cleanliness, similar in this regard to CHELSEA FLOWERS without a doubt. I am reminded also of some of the cleaner perfumes in the Victoria's Secret prestige line (NOT the Secret Garden collection).

I do not find CHLOE to be that good as a rose perfume, but it is a friendly fragrance which will work well in today's open cubicle office environment. No one will be offended by this clean watery rose-ish scent. I think that it's probably only necessary to own one such scent, so possessing both LOVE and CHELSEA FLOWERS or any of the other abstract watery florals now on offer--they seem to be especially prevalent at the Sephora level--would be redundant.
10.0 10.0 7.5 10.0/10

Girlish
The most feminine of feminine perfumes
there is nothing masculine about this it's all girl to the notes and the design.
The opening starts with an air of peonies
with it's petals delicate releasing a sweet aroma floating through the breeze
light purple freesia joins and gives a
airy scent gentile and innocent, Litchi dries the top notes and with it's sweetish
notes adds sexiness.

Powdery rose is noticed here with a bit of a spiciness scent with delicate buds
of lily of the valley just glades though
the the notes magnolia similar to rose
also brings spiciness but with an honey
accord. i dectect a faint note of sandalwood for the basenotes and with the distinct warmness of amber i can't
pick up any scent of cederwood.

Chloe Conjours for me an field of daisies and a blonde girl lying upon
the whole vast fields of them on a warm sunny day she grabs an stem from the daisy and blows and all the delicate petals float into the blue sky,
when you wear this you get a sense of
innocence and brings to child within you.
7.5 5.0/10

Neither a love nor hate
There was nothing to dislike about this fragrance, yet nothing to make me fall in love with it either.

Chloe is a light, clean, pretty and feminine floral scent which is not offensive nor extremely unique. For the price tag it was dissapointing that this fragrance smelt like so many other cheaper fragrances.

I had actually first tried this fragrance earlier in 2008, when my perfume obsession had only just begun. At the time I thought this fragrance was divine, but after 12 months of writing reviews and smelling other fragrances, Chloe no longer appeals to me.

I believe that your own personality will determine whether or not you like this fragrance. If you're a little like me and enjoy intense, unique and sexy fragrances which help you stand out in a crowd, then this fragrance may not be for you. However, if subtle, clean and pretty scents are your thing then this fragrance could be your next big winner.

Trucklady 44 days ago
Beige minimalism was in around 2003-2006. This is a lovely victim of its age. Not a bad thing, but the edt outshone the edp.
6.0
Jazzy76 16 months ago
It's strange, but sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it...maybe the opening notes? after a few hours I find it better

by Luxi
by Luxi
Hält ähnlich lang wie Beton.
by BBMie
Rosenpudertraum (Beetrose namens Bernstein)
by Blödel
by Blödel
Geborgen im Rosenlaub (Beetrose 'Montana')
by Zimtschnecke
by Zimtschnecke
Sommernachtstraum
by YumiLo
Düfte sind die Gefühle der Blumen (Heinrich Heine)
Historische Rose Ghislaine de Féligonde mit zartem Moschusduft
by Dasa
by Nici1993
by Nici1993

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé