Eau de Fleurs Capucine (2010)

Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé

Eau de Fleurs Capucine is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2010. The scent is green-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Lemon, Neroli, Sage, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Nasturtium, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.02.2019

10.0 2.5 2.5 9.0/10

Impressive Contemporary Green
I've been so impressed with Love Chloe that I decided to start trying other contemporaries from Chloe. Eau de Fleurs Capucine has been on my watch list for a very, very long time. Finally I landed a bottle, and it doesn't disappoint.

Let's first start with the bottle. A-May-Zing. The bottle is substantial and beautiful in its simplicity, and it also appears to reference Chanel. No surprise, the juice inside also references Chanel - Cristalle and No. 19.

It opens with lemon (not lime as listed in top notes). It is a persistent and evolving lemon - about three hours on me. Sometimes Eau de Fleurs Capucine feels like a cologne, and I suspect this is why: The lemon mixes with herbs & neroli on top, and then the lemon mixes with delicate white florals and rose in the heart. After the 3-4 hour mark, Eau de Fleurs Capucine devolves to a generic cotton woody musk. Oh, this could have been so fabulous, but no worries, I'll just spray more. ;)

Despite the lemon, Eau de Fleurs Capucine is a green fragrance. Unlike the green-referenced ice queens from Chanel, the Chloe is neither pretentious nor demanding. Instead, Eau de Fleurs Capucine is easy-going and carefree. This is a fragrance appropriate for summer, but it's also one to dig out on a gray & rainy late fall day. Also, one many men easily could wear.

Next up - the rest of the Eau de Fleurs series. But I have a strong feeling that I found the winner.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Eau de Cartier meets Mugler Cologne???
What an odd creation Chloé EAU DE FLEURS CAPUCINE is! I was expecting something altogether different based on the reviews I had read. To my surprise, this perfume opens very similarly to EAU DE CARTIER. I am baffled, actually, as to how there could be no violet leaf listed among the notes!

Once I regained my balance from the blast of what I took to be violet leaf, I began slowly to notice other key components of this creation. First, neroli, then lily of the valley. After a few minutes and a real effort to identify what precisely it was that I was smelling, it dawned on me: the synthetic base of CAPUCINE smells very similar to Thierry Mugler MUGLER COLOGNE. It's got to be the laundry musk which ties them together, or peraps the synthetic ambroxan is helping, too. The proverbial "green notes" and neroli are probably not hurting the association either. Anyway, the last thing that I would call this composition is natural smelling, because the base is completely synthetic--and that is how it smells to me!

I do detect a fairly heavy dose of pepper (or reasonable facsimile) in this composition as well--also not listed among the notes. All in all, when all is said and sniffed, I must own that this is not a boring fragrance, although I cannot say that it is my favorite anything (floral green, LOTV, etc....). It certainly is the only perfume which reminds me as vividly in the opening of EAU DE CARTIER as it reminds me in the drydown of MUGLER COLOGNE. The color matches that of extra virgin olive oil.

In a word: weird.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Friendly green floral
I have to agree with my friend Jae. This is indeed one of the nicer, more pleasurable green florals on the market today.

Eau de Fleurs Capucine is a green scent without the harsh watery and grassy accords. This fragrance opens simply with zesty bergamot and lemon, and an added hint of orange blossom, jasmine and lily of the valley. This fragrance is quite soft, hence the reason why it smells natural and pretty on the skin.

Towards the heart, this fragrance revels in revealing delicate and clean floral nuances, that are thankfully not too soapy nor too powdery. There's also a subtle touch of herbaceousness throughout this composition which gives this fragrance character.

It does have a slightly masculine feel, however that doesn't put me off the scent entirely. Eau de Fleurs Capucine reminds me of sunshowers and shy romances. It's pleasantly mellow and somewhat imaginative.

The sillage is intimate and very discreet. It brings me to conclude that this fragrance is very lady-like and reserved. I like it that way. I sometimes wonder why Chloe decided to make these fragrances limited editions which are relatively difficult to find. I much prefer the Eau de Fleurs series over and above the new Chloe and Chloe Love.

Blkbrd 2 years ago
Adamant green, with appropriate nasturtium (unfoody) pepperiness. Not a solitary sweet atom in it. Clear, vivid, sharp, oily in a good way.+4
10.0

by Sherapop
by Tuberose
by Tuberose

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé