L'Eau de Chloé (2012)

L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé

L'Eau de Chloé is a perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-floral. It was last marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesCitruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.08.2019

9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Rosaviola
Rose blossoms delicately moistened with morning dew
I discovered and tested LÈau de Chloe in January 2014 in the Christmas sale. Immediately this Chloe captured me and I allowed myself the little "My little" bottle with 20 ml. And I still love him.
I always liked roses as flowers and rose scents.

This Chloe is a rather simply knitted, but effective rose scent, tender and refreshing, but without teeny touches, which often bother me a bit.
It begins with slightly citric notes, pleasantly delicate. No sour lemon thighs to drive acid into your eyes.

The lemon reminds me rather of lime and lemon balm, dosed exactly right and finely interwoven with fresh rose petals, still moist from the morning dew, which open just at limy temperatures and yawn a bit sleepy into the still young day and give off their first rose breath
The citrus notes and the rose petals unite here in the most beautiful harmony.
A drop of Patchouli ground the fragrance and was also so perfectly incorporated that it is only very easily audible and does not displace the citrus-rose combination, rather delicately supports and reinforces it. Everything here is perfectly balanced despite the simplicity of the fragrance.

There are many fresh rose fragrances, but this one is my favourite. Some are just too similar. And in many of them I am too strongly dominated by a teen note reminiscent of black tea, which denatures my rose. Thank God this isn't like that.

L'Eau de Chloe is different, perfect for me if I want to wear a delicate fresh rose.
I can't complain about the shelf life either. I applied it yesterday before sleeping and still smell it in the morning, but only tenderly.
I like the bottle with the lime green bow and the pale green liquid best in the "My little" version LÈau de Chloe I will buy for sure, as long as it still exists and a bunker flacon I have already kept.
8.0/10

a green, soapy aldehyde
L'Eau de Chloé (2012) is an odd little fragrance. It opens bright and sunny with notes of citrus, then it transitions to a subtle rosewater. The patchouli is there, but it's dry not wet, green not brown, neutral not sweet, and subtle not demanding. At drydown, this fragrance becomes a green, soapy aldehyde on me. It feels like a throwback to the 1970s, and it has much more in common with Y by Yves Saint Laurent than it does with Chloe, original or new.

L'Eau de Chloé is a mature fragrance. Oh, how I hate using that word but it's appropriate. I imagine that the target market might like this at the perfume counter, buy it, then despise it after a longer wear. It is getting a lot of mixed reviews, and that's one guess as to why: The fragrance when wet is completely different from the fragrance when dry. The fragrance when wet is a good quality lemon-rose cologne from Demeter. The fragrance when dry is a vintage find from the charity shop.

Perhaps I should say that L'Eau de Chloé is a fragrance for an experienced sniffer, in particular someone who appreciates classic fragrances but tends to wear contemporary ones. I put myself in that camp. I can't wear Y and I struggle to wear Chanel 19 (new or vintage), but I _can_ imagine myself wearing L'Eau de Chloé. It's a contemporary take on a green, soapy aldehyde.

Anyone who likes classic fragrances, or at least appreciates them, might want to sample L'Eau de Chloé. I purchased a mini for a song on the bay. I like it, really like it, but I need a bit of wear before I decide whether it's full-bottle worthy.
7.5 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A modern Chloe I can actually tolerate
Since the disappearance of Chloe (1975) and Chloe Narcisse, all modern releases from this brand have left me dissatisfied. L'eau de Chloe has thankfully come along and saved the day, renewing some respect that I had lost for Chloe over the last few years.

This fragrance is all fresh and inoffensive. Finally I've met a Chloe fragrance that doesn't jam itself right up my nostrils and cause me to reach for my inhaler. L'eau de Chloe has very little in common with the original Chloe fragrance, (by which I mean that strong and soapy rose inspired perfume, whose popularity I do not understand).

The pastel green bottle design, reflects how this fragrance smells. It's fresh, green (of course) and Spring-like. The citrus opening is bright and breezy, but never overpowering. Its projection is pleasing to say the least, settling intimately on the skin.

According to the perfumer Michel Almairac, this fragrance is "supposed to evoke the scent of frozen lemonade", as reported on the Now Smell This blog. Surprisingly I can smell this idea reflected in L'eau de Chloe's composition, and I think that's the main reason why I've come to enjoy this fragrance so much.

I like the carefree approach that this fragrance has. It's very easy to wear, and even easier to enjoy. To some finicky reviewers, L'eau de Chloe may strike them as being linear and plain. I for one, don't mind the basic citrus and green, leafy blend. The rose and patchouli in this fragrance are so watered-down that they barely even feature.

I found both the sillage and longevity to be equally pleasing. I think I also prefer this flanker's packaging over and above the other Chloe releases. I'm giving L'eau de Chloe my personal tick of approval.

Trucklady 128 days ago
A Chloe with a bit of bite. I kick myself for never having bought 100ml of this. The patchouli brings a kinky twist to a pale rose.
6.0

by Lilau
by Charlotte
by Charlotte

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé