Love, Chloé 2010

Love, Chloé by Chloé
Love, Chloé is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2010. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
Rice powderRice powder
TalcumTalcum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Raquel Zimmermann.

My holy grail
First smelled it off a magazine fold over or a peel off.

In the past, such samples in between pages of glossy ads always struck me as identical. With Love, Chloe, however, I experienced a moment of “just hold on, gotta take this name down.”

It does exactly what I look for in a perfume - which is to make you smell good rather than like a “perfume.” Soft and fresh, vaguely floral, and powdery but not like a baby, as if that is just how your skin smells naturally.

I was going to buy it but then got distracted . Fast forward several years - Chloe discontinued it!

I kept my eagle eyes peeled in the secondary market. I paid a mild fortune for a mini, but the scent is worth every penny.

Faxwn
Nostalgia in the children's room
Yeah, that's true. You were my first fragrance, when I was actually still a child.
When I was 14 years old, I bought my first Vogue. All 90's kids will know why: to cover my walls with the great pictures in it and feel like Serena or Blair from gossip girl. Other than that, I really didn't care for the magazine at all. But what sites were always great of course are the perfume tester sites, free was always great! :-) now guess what sample was in mine? Right, love Chloe! My 14 year old nose had never smelled anything so great before. I immediately closed the sample again and smelled it for months. I was just so in love with you. At some point I dared to ask my mom if I could wish for you for Christmas. Mom was of course not enthusiastic, she herself is not in the game as far as perfumes are concerned. So for her it was just throwing money away. But everyone knows when you're 14 you're stubborn and so I had you and so carried you on my hands. You're a powder dream that smells so luxurious, wow did I feel rich. Rooms you filled together with me! Then I got older and tried a few things and a few months ago I found you again, the original bottle! And I sprayed you on and I had tears in my eyes. How quickly time passes. You just took me back 10 years from one second to the next. I wasn't prepared for that cascade of memories. You will always be very special to me
Puderperle
Come I'll tell you a (powdery) story...
Betty was her nickname. Her real name was Elisabeth. To be called by her full name, she was somehow still too small. But for her six years, she already had big dreams.
"One day,... one day when I grow up, I'll be as beautiful as Mama" she thought as she secretly tiptoed out of the crib and lunged through the keyhole of her mother's dressing room. She didn't seem to notice that her bare little feet were getting cold in the process. Sweet she was, standing there in her bright pink frilly nightgown, her mouth agape in amazement.

Behind the keyhole, her mother stood under a shiny chandelier. Lost in thought, she couldn't decide between the creamy white silk dress and the burgundy velvet gown. In front of the mirror, she eyed the garments held out on the hanger. Hmm, both were elegant and feminine.
She was looking forward to celebrating the evening off with her husband and was excited because evenings together had become so rare. Leaving nothing to chance. She wanted to remain the most beautiful for him, he should confirm in his mind that she had been the right decision then.

The gramophone played Natalie Cole's "This Will Be." Dreamily twirling to the tune in her satin bathrobe, she toasted herself with the champagne glass.

In front of the nostalgic Hollywood makeup mirror, she released the curlers from her hair. Gentle waves caressed her face. How beautiful she was. The heavy pearl necklace suited her perfectly. A clumsy movement of her hand caused the crystal glass to fall against the compact and the loose powder scattered around the room all the way through the keyhole.

"Ahchoo!" Little Betty had given herself away. There she stood now with widened, glittering eyes and an embarrassed expression before her mother, who at the last second restrained herself from scolding her. Noticing the little girl's admiration, she felt herself transported back to her childhood. Thus, the little girl was allowed to enter the holy hall, the dressing room dusted with powder. "Mama, if I were as tall as you, I'd wear that because it's just as red as your lipstick." She pointed to the off-the-shoulder velvet dress, she thought that was the prettiest.

Her parents were already out of the house and she sank into the land of dreams in her pink four-poster bed. The little powder footprints on the dark shiny tiles would still remind her of the magical Punder accident the next day...

About the scent:

Love Chloé is, for me, the epitome of a feminine perfume. The fragrance has a unique vintage magic.
It brings a certain heaviness that clings to the skin like a pleasant fabric. A fabric of the highest value. It is not a light, carefree fragrance. Rather, something dusty tinged. The wearer is probably aware of this. Used selectively, it unfolds its wonderful effect. Well-groomed, wealthy and elegant, it underlines the feminine advantages of a woman.

I compare the nostalgic character with a classic creamy white pearl necklace. Old-fashioned I do not feel him, however. He is absolutely Ladylike.
The top note can be perceived in the first moment as too intense and give the feeling of being knocked in front of the head. The pepper is to blame for that. Hey but he is pink after all! Balancing is a slight sweetness, which provides for the lovely.

After a few seconds, the most beautiful powder scent comes into play. This powder note remains dominant until the end. Orange blossom, iris, lilac, heliotrope are often found in powdery scents, difficult to identify them individually here. I don't know what talc smells like, but it must be good, because in combination with musk and rice powder the fragrance ends harmoniously warm.

The durability is not a beast, but up to 6 hours it is perceptible. Dosed carefully, it is rather dependent on mood and occasion. Nothing for every day. As can be seen from the description, he enjoys special moments. Moments that (can) become lasting memories.

Love Chloé is a lovely name, the rose gold bottle beautiful. The delicate, gold chain is attached to the lid and the glass bottle. A valuable and playful detail.

Eau Florale was the lighter, fresher version. I no longer have the Intense version stored in my fragrance memory, so I can no longer give reliable information about it.

I can only sadly puzzle over why Love Chloé was discontinued. Probably did not arise enough opportunities for its wearers*innen to celebrate him duly.
In my opinion, it had the quality to be a true classic. Betty, the powderfoot agrees with me, by the way. Too bad. No one asked us.
Unsurpassed
"Love, Chloé" has been my cuddly companion for many years and has never let me down. He is for me by nothing to replace, nothing comes even close to him.
And I say that even though I disliked it so much the first time I sprayed it. At the time I was in a perfumery on the road and was actually looking for nothing in particular. Then I saw the bottle: chic and elegant, glass and rose gold in clear, unfussy shapes. This aroused my curiosity and so a spray landed on the test strip. Immediately I sniffed it - immediately I was bitterly disappointed. The contents of the so promising bottle smelled anything but pleasant. Unbelievably heavy, old-fashioned and somehow like grandma. "Well, that was probably nothing", I thought to myself and left the store. A short time later, when I went to get something to eat, I was puzzled by this cuddly, clean, elegant, soft powder scent on my hand. I little klutz must have sprayed it on my hand while testing it. I couldn't believe how the scent transformed, had to keep sniffing my hand to finally go to the perfumery and buy the scent.
Since that day, Love, Chloé and I have been inseparable. I love it like no other. He has been with me in all situations, always giving me strength and always making me feel complete. My best friend thought for a long time that I smelled "just like that" - a mixture of all the skincare products, my own smell, etc. When I told her my secret, she immediately tested the scent. For her, "Love, Chloé" didn't work. For her, the old-fashioned, heavy granny scent lingered. Admittedly, I don't perceive all of the fragrance notes given - but my nose isn't very practiced either. I mostly recognize the blue florals (iris, lilac and blue rain) and the rice powder. I don't necessarily like iris, however, the fragrance notes here are so finely woven together that nothing is distracting. It's a smooth melange that I really like. The powdery notes that Chloé is known for clearly dominate for me. Once the granny scent fades (only takes a few minutes for me), you're left with this incredibly soft, classy, creamy, cuddly powdery scent that doesn't develop further from this stage. The scent lasts easily 8 hours on me, longer on clothes. Well-dosed, it has a pleasant sillage, which wraps you like a cuddly blanket and should not bother anyone.

That the fragrance was discontinued, is incomprehensible to me and a bitter loss. I have so far been unable to find anything comparable and so I guard my remaining like a treasure. I wear "Love, Chloé" only on special occasions or when I have an urgent need for security. When I wear this perfume, the world is all right again, I am with myself and everything is good
MiSoph
The epitome of subtle elegance
Oh yes, a real lady will probably no longer from me.... My fingernails are rarely well manicured, I envy everyone who perfectly masters the no-make-up make-up look and my chive curls also rarely deserve the name hairstyle.
But Love, Chloé gives me a feeling of effortless elegance that makes me forget that my blouse and trench coat really need to be ironed again....

However, Love, Chloé is not an intimidating grand dame who demands a Chanel suit and pearl necklace, I feel simply groomed and sophisticated with her floral creaminess even in jeans and a t-shirt.

The orange blossom and pepper are a bit sharp and cutting in the opening, but quickly the iris and lilac combine with the musk and rice powder to create a cosmetic-powder-like melange that exudes a feminine, floral creaminess.

Despite a well perceptible sillage it does not overwhelm the fellow and remains polite - just like a real lady
pure elegance
This fragrance is one of my absolute favorite fragrances..

The Chloe fragrance house is known for their powdery nuances, which of course are not absent in this fragrance.
When you wear this fragrance and enter a room, all the attention is on you.... but of course in a positive sense.

Chloe Love is a powdery, floral fragrance that brings a graceful elegance and also exudes a certain lightness at the same time.

Love - the Duftaura with instant recognition value !

Is characterized by an irresistible elegance.
It embraces all those who want to combine style with femininity.

For me, one of the best fragrances that Chloe has brought to the market...
the sadder it is that such a beautiful fragrance was discontinued.
Powdery elegance
Hello, dear ones i just have to write a comment to this perfume, although i know that it was unfortunately discontinued since about 2016. I was incredibly sad about it, because ''Love, Chloé'' is my absolute favorite perfume. It's the reason why I signed up for this wonderful site, to go in search of new treasures! It simply met my taste 100% when I was a teenager and I still love this fragrance today. No perfume has ever managed to do that for me... Sigh...
Well then, how do you describe such a wonderful, warm and cuddly fragrance?
First of all, I believe the following: it's not necessarily a crowd pleaser and therefore it was probably discontinued. ''Love, Chloé'' could also be a fragrance from the 80's with an insane durability and sillage. Yet it's beautiful with its purple blossoms blended with powder and expensive cream to create an infinitely great blend with wonderful musk in drydown.

Course, durability & Sillage: I don't really notice much of the orange blossom and pepper, but it is incredibly intense & powdery in the beginning. The blossoms together with the powder form such an unbelievably beautiful mixture, which also develops an unbelievable intensity & sillage from beginning to end, that I just want to absorb this scent, but sometimes I feel a bit sorry for my fellow men when I am in closed rooms. The fragrance lasts 24 hours on the skin and on clothes for several days and the drydown is simply feminine, powdery and elegant. Meanwhile I use it very sparingly and only for special occasions.

My associations:
- a woman standing in front of a Monet in the Musée d'Orsay and contemplating the picture
- the powder as a fragrant beauty ideal of a woman
- the colour beige
- a sea of purple flowers, a gentle breeze is blowing
- Elegance, timelessness and classicism

If any of you dear girls or boys know of a similar fragrance, with a comparable powdery texture and warm floral splendour, please let me know. My last bottle will not last forever :D

FlowerRose
Powder compact and expensive cream
Like my headline, I feel this scent. At first it starts pungent and obtrusive. It's also very old-fashioned. But it changes very gently on my skin and reminds me of a fine powder or an expensive care cream. I feel very well cared for and feminine with the scent.
Used three sprayers and wore it to the office today. My colleague has not complained - and as you know she smells good and is extremely sensitive. However, my skin is not the best scent carrier, but my skin chemistry harmonizes perfectly with it. I haven't tried the scent on my clothes - it could be a bit of a killer For me this perfume is something very noble and conceivable for many occasions. Age group rather from the end of 20 Nothing for girlies and those who are looking for a playful fragrance. This fragrance has depth and class. I love it meanwhile. I have tested the fragrance even in my mid-20s (today I am 33). At that time I did not like it very much. I guess I was just too young for it.

Musky - powdery - floral
There are hundreds of powdery fragrances but about solid hit pure powder it is a rare trend, so seize it! Chloé Love is a pure powdery opener with brittle floral nuances and soapy tidy hint. It's clean and cleansing, fresh, calm and promising of a rather cleaner musky undertone that appears much sooner than expected. Musk is essence of love with all its carnal affairs and while pure musky fragrances usually bring retro air up, Love links the material to today's taste. It's a posh powdery musk, timeless classic, simple, and a straightforward good-smelling fragrance. Good longevity, fine projection, satisfying. But what I love about Love is refined freshening dry down.
3/5

Ten Origami
I once met a girl. She was out of my reach for so many reasons. The path seemed so rough, bummpy, uninviting but I decided to give my best shot, no matter her reluctance and the cold shiver of the poisonous phrase: "I can't see this thing working beyond of just a casual friendship."

The beginning.
I tried to give her my phone number one day, but she told me she wasn't carrying it with her to write it down. (way later on I found she wasn't lying, but I didn't know at that point). So I figured out a nice way of giving her my number the next time I accidently bump on her while she would walk her dog in a near big forest in our neighborhood. (I also have a dog)

My phone consists of ten numbers so I made a total of 10 origami with a number on them. Each time we run accidently on each other, I was giving her one. (I was carrying an origami with me everytime in case I would see her. Had to be also extra careful not creasing it in my jacket's pocket)
Couple of weeks later after the last origami was given, she figured out that the numbers on the origami was for a phone and sent me a thank you message. Now I had her number. Our (dog) encounters stopped being accidental, but she was still very absolutely intrasigent about being anything but friends.
Less than three months later, I had conquered her mind with all the things I did for her.

Our first night together.
Ha.. don't expect any saucy details, but I can so vividly remember how much she wanted me and ofcourse her scent that night. In some other circumstances I wouldn't like this perfume. It was like a pungent greeny slightly flowery savage pachouli which had been meticulously laundered and then persistently ironed just before the point to be burned. God.. all that night's imagery, and that smell. The transformative smell of a woman's no to a yes, using your mind, your soul and your imagination. Conquer her mind and from that point it is really downhill.

True story people.

FiroozFirooz 2 years ago
The most beautiful of all powdery floral scents. Sophisticated and elegant with so many purple flowers and light sweetness. It's pure love!

by Zora
by Nicestavi
by Cesarini
by Cesarini

Popular Chloé

Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Nomade Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Capucine by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé Rose Tangerine by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Lavande by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Parfum) by Chloé