Love, Chloé (2010)

Love, Chloé by Chloé

Love, Chloé is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2010. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesWisteria, Lilac, Heliotrope, Hyacinth, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Rice powder, Talcum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Brazilian model Raquel Zimmermann.

Powdery elegance
Hello, dear ones i just have to write a comment to this perfume, although i know that it was unfortunately discontinued since about 2016. I was incredibly sad about it, because ''Love, Chloé'' is my absolute favorite perfume. It's the reason why I signed up for this wonderful site, to go in search of new treasures! It simply met my taste 100% when I was a teenager and I still love this fragrance today. No perfume has ever managed to do that for me... Sigh...
Well then, how do you describe such a wonderful, warm and cuddly fragrance?
First of all, I believe the following: it's not necessarily a crowd pleaser and therefore it was probably discontinued. ''Love, Chloé'' could also be a fragrance from the 80's with an insane durability and sillage. Yet it's beautiful with its purple blossoms blended with powder and expensive cream to create an infinitely great blend with wonderful musk in drydown.

Course, durability & Sillage: I don't really notice much of the orange blossom and pepper, but it is incredibly intense & powdery in the beginning. The blossoms together with the powder form such an unbelievably beautiful mixture, which also develops an unbelievable intensity & sillage from beginning to end, that I just want to absorb this scent, but sometimes I feel a bit sorry for my fellow men when I am in closed rooms. The fragrance lasts 24 hours on the skin and on clothes for several days and the drydown is simply feminine, powdery and elegant. Meanwhile I use it very sparingly and only for special occasions.

My associations:
- a woman standing in front of a Monet in the Musée d'Orsay and contemplating the picture
- the powder as a fragrant beauty ideal of a woman
- the colour beige
- a sea of purple flowers, a gentle breeze is blowing
- Elegance, timelessness and classicism

If any of you dear girls or boys know of a similar fragrance, with a comparable powdery texture and warm floral splendour, please let me know. My last bottle will not last forever :D

FlowerRose
Powder compact and expensive cream
Like my headline, I feel this scent. At first it starts pungent and obtrusive. It's also very old-fashioned. But it changes very gently on my skin and reminds me of a fine powder or an expensive care cream. I feel very well cared for and feminine with the scent.
Used three sprayers and wore it to the office today. My colleague has not complained - and as you know she smells good and is extremely sensitive. However, my skin is not the best scent carrier, but my skin chemistry harmonizes perfectly with it. I haven't tried the scent on my clothes - it could be a bit of a killer For me this perfume is something very noble and conceivable for many occasions. Age group rather from the end of 20 Nothing for girlies and those who are looking for a playful fragrance. This fragrance has depth and class. I love it meanwhile. I have tested the fragrance even in my mid-20s (today I am 33). At that time I did not like it very much. I guess I was just too young for it.

Musky - powdery - floral
There are hundreds of powdery fragrances but about solid hit pure powder it is a rare trend, so seize it! Chloé Love is a pure powdery opener with brittle floral nuances and soapy tidy hint. It's clean and cleansing, fresh, calm and promising of a rather cleaner musky undertone that appears much sooner than expected. Musk is essence of love with all its carnal affairs and while pure musky fragrances usually bring retro air up, Love links the material to today's taste. It's a posh powdery musk, timeless classic, simple, and a straightforward good-smelling fragrance. Good longevity, fine projection, satisfying. But what I love about Love is refined freshening dry down.
3/5

Ten Origami
I once met a girl. She was out of my reach for so many reasons. The path seemed so rough, bummpy, uninviting but I decided to give my best shot, no matter her reluctance and the cold shiver of the poisonous phrase: "I can't see this thing working beyond of just a casual friendship."

The beginning.
I tried to give her my phone number one day, but she told me she wasn't carrying it with her to write it down. (way later on I found she wasn't lying, but I didn't know at that point). So I figured out a nice way of giving her my number the next time I accidently bump on her while she would walk her dog in a near big forest in our neighborhood. (I also have a dog)

My phone consists of ten numbers so I made a total of 10 origami with a number on them. Each time we run accidently on each other, I was giving her one. (I was carrying an origami with me everytime in case I would see her. Had to be also extra careful not creasing it in my jacket's pocket)
Couple of weeks later after the last origami was given, she figured out that the numbers on the origami was for a phone and sent me a thank you message. Now I had her number. Our (dog) encounters stopped being accidental, but she was still very absolutely intrasigent about being anything but friends.
Less than three months later, I had conquered her mind with all the things I did for her.

Our first night together.
Ha.. don't expect any saucy details, but I can so vividly remember how much she wanted me and ofcourse her scent that night. In some other circumstances I wouldn't like this perfume. It was like a pungent greeny slightly flowery savage pachouli which had been meticulously laundered and then persistently ironed just before the point to be burned. God.. all that night's imagery, and that smell. The transformative smell of a woman's no to a yes, using your mind, your soul and your imagination. Conquer her mind and from that point it is really downhill.

True story people.

chloè love
one of the few things i really liked recently is this new creation named chloè love ,very chic and feminine ,elegant and classy even for a young woman and why not even for an outrageous man .... ? soapy but not invading the room around you ,floral and powdery in the right way , i smell orange flower and hyacinth mixed in a sensual way .good longevity and proyection on skin ,i would also try the intense version i heard it smells less floral.....

Feb
2014

Belgwen
I've fallen in love with Love
A very beautiful perfume that opens up with spicy and transparent citrus that puts me in a good mood immediately. It's like that first "zing" you get in your tummy when you fall in love. For me the flowers take the main stand, hyacinth and lilac being the dominant ones. The base is powdery, leaving a coat of sweet yumminess that feels like I could almost bite into it. Wonderfully composed, beautifully packaged, and perfectly named. From the bright, zesty opening to the heart that reminds me of spring and the dry down that wraps around me like a soft, cozy shawl... this is surely the fragrance of Love.

Ferre edp's Other Cousin
Upon donning CHLOE LOVE, I was caught offguard. The scent was very familiar to me, and I struggled to attach a name: was it BVLGARI POUR FEMME? Certainly LOVE is a sweet and resinous floral, so I had to be close. Could it be Miller Harris COEUR DE FLEURS? After another couple of minutes, it suddenly dawned on me: LOVE is the cousin of FERRE edp, created by Pierre Bourdon.

The iris perfume for which Bourdon is far more famous is Frédéric Malle IRIS POUDRE, which is less fruity and more aldehydic and formal than FERRE edp, but the similarity between the two is patent.

In the case of CHLOE LOVE, I find the similarity even more striking, and looking at the notes it becomes clear why: iris and rice. This unique combination, sweetened by either fruit or heliotrope, shines through the composition in both cases. I have to conclude that these cousins are just as close as are the two iris-centric perfumes created by Bourdon!

I am pleasantly surprised by this creation. Of course, I love FERRE edp, so naturally I'm inclined to like any perfume which bears a close resemblance to it. The main difference which I find here is that the drydown has a muskier demeanor, but it seems to be rendered more textured by the "talcum powder" note. Really? The final result to my nose smells an awful lot like ambergris (not labdanum amber...). Rather than fruit, the sweetness of this composition appears to be imparted by heliotrope.

Now that I know how close LOVE is to FERRE edp, and precisely because it is slightly sweet but not fruity, I might consider adding a bottle of this creation to my collection, despite the fact that it is produced by Coty Prestige, which as far as I've seen (reading labels) adds BHT to all of its perfumes these days. I'm not in any hurry, though, as I have an ample supply of FERRE edp to fill my iris-rice needs for the foreseeable future.

Pansylady
a rose by any other name...
Is it just me, or does Love, Chloe smell like a rose? How can it be that there are no rose notes listed??

I'm a big fan of florals, but this one just didn't wear well on me- in the same way that I would prefer a tailored men's styled white shirt to a ruffly blouse- this just smells too "frou-frou!

Metamorphosis

Floating on Glossy Black Leather,

The Bottle may look simple but the Notes are a Work
of Art.

A little too strong
I read all these reviews prior to testing Love by Chloe, so the strong baby powder note did not take me by surprise nor did it revolt me.

What I did not like about this fragrance was its strong, almost sharp, powdery presence. The brand Chloe is really not for me. I didn't like the new Chloe and its flankers, nor did I enjoy this.

It smells like babies and strong floral-scented soap. In small quantities this could be nice, but it seems to be too much of everything. Just smelling this now is giving me a headache and I rarely get headaches from perfume.

I loved the bottle, with its classic simplicity, and while the scent does match it with its classic appeal, I feel that this is just way too overpowering. Love by Chloe tries so hard to make a statement when I really don't think it needs to.

All those floral notes when blended with the pink pepper makes the scent rather astringent. They were aiming for a clean, pretty and feminine floral, yet what I get is a sharp floral with air-freshner undertones.

So the sillage is obviously a monster, and the longevity is also quite big. Just a tad too cloying in my humble opinion.

FiroozFirooz 95 days ago
The most beautiful of all powdery floral scents. Sophisticated and elegant with so many purple flowers and light sweetness. It's pure love!

by Zora
by GruftiKatze
by Cesarini
by Cesarini

Popular Chloé

Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Capucine by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Eau de Fleurs - Lavande by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Nomade Absolu de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Parfum) by Chloé Chloé (2008) (Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé