Love, Chloé (2010)

Love, Chloé by Chloé

Love, Chloé is a popular perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2010. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesWisteria, Lilac, Heliotrope, Hyacinth, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Rice powder, Talcum

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.08.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Musky - powdery - floral
There are hundreds of powdery fragrances but about solid hit pure powder it is a rare trend, so seize it! Chloé Love is a pure powdery opener with brittle floral nuances and soapy tidy hint. It's clean and cleansing, fresh, calm and promising of a rather cleaner musky undertone that appears much sooner than expected. Musk is essence of love with all its carnal affairs and while pure musky fragrances usually bring retro air up, Love links the material to today's taste. It's a posh powdery musk, timeless classic, simple, and a straightforward good-smelling fragrance. Good longevity, fine projection, satisfying. But what I love about Love is refined freshening dry down.
3/5
9.0/10

Ten Origami
I once met a girl. She was out of my reach for so many reasons. The path seemed so rough, bummpy, uninviting but I decided to give my best shot, no matter her reluctance and the cold shiver of the poisonous phrase: "I can't see this thing working beyond of just a casual friendship."

The beginning.
I tried to give her my phone number one day, but she told me she wasn't carrying it with her to write it down. (way later on I found she wasn't lying, but I didn't know at that point). So I figured out a nice way of giving her my number the next time I accidently bump on her while she would walk her dog in a near big forest in our neighborhood. (I also have a dog)

My phone consists of ten numbers so I made a total of 10 origami with a number on them. Each time we run accidently on each other, I was giving her one. (I was carrying an origami with me everytime in case I would see her. Had to be also extra careful not creasing it in my jacket's pocket)
Couple of weeks later after the last origami was given, she figured out that the numbers on the origami was for a phone and sent me a thank you message. Now I had her number. Our (dog) encounters stopped being accidental, but she was still very absolutely intrasigent about being anything but friends.
Less than three months later, I had conquered her mind with all the things I did for her.

Our first night together.
Ha.. don't expect any saucy details, but I can so vividly remember how much she wanted me and ofcourse her scent that night. In some other circumstances I wouldn't like this perfume. It was like a pungent greeny slightly flowery savage pachouli which had been meticulously laundered and then persistently ironed just before the point to be burned. God.. all that night's imagery, and that smell. The transformative smell of a woman's no to a yes, using your mind, your soul and your imagination. Conquer her mind and from that point it is really downhill.

True story people.
10.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

chloè love
one of the few things i really liked recently is this new creation named chloè love ,very chic and feminine ,elegant and classy even for a young woman and why not even for an outrageous man .... ? soapy but not invading the room around you ,floral and powdery in the right way , i smell orange flower and hyacinth mixed in a sensual way .good longevity and proyection on skin ,i would also try the intense version i heard it smells less floral.....

Feb
2014
10.0/10

Belgwen
I've fallen in love with Love
A very beautiful perfume that opens up with spicy and transparent citrus that puts me in a good mood immediately. It's like that first "zing" you get in your tummy when you fall in love. For me the flowers take the main stand, hyacinth and lilac being the dominant ones. The base is powdery, leaving a coat of sweet yumminess that feels like I could almost bite into it. Wonderfully composed, beautifully packaged, and perfectly named. From the bright, zesty opening to the heart that reminds me of spring and the dry down that wraps around me like a soft, cozy shawl... this is surely the fragrance of Love.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Ferre edp's Other Cousin
Upon donning CHLOE LOVE, I was caught offguard. The scent was very familiar to me, and I struggled to attach a name: was it BVLGARI POUR FEMME? Certainly LOVE is a sweet and resinous floral, so I had to be close. Could it be Miller Harris COEUR DE FLEURS? After another couple of minutes, it suddenly dawned on me: LOVE is the cousin of FERRE edp, created by Pierre Bourdon.

The iris perfume for which Bourdon is far more famous is Frédéric Malle IRIS POUDRE, which is less fruity and more aldehydic and formal than FERRE edp, but the similarity between the two is patent.

In the case of CHLOE LOVE, I find the similarity even more striking, and looking at the notes it becomes clear why: iris and rice. This unique combination, sweetened by either fruit or heliotrope, shines through the composition in both cases. I have to conclude that these cousins are just as close as are the two iris-centric perfumes created by Bourdon!

I am pleasantly surprised by this creation. Of course, I love FERRE edp, so naturally I'm inclined to like any perfume which bears a close resemblance to it. The main difference which I find here is that the drydown has a muskier demeanor, but it seems to be rendered more textured by the "talcum powder" note. Really? The final result to my nose smells an awful lot like ambergris (not labdanum amber...). Rather than fruit, the sweetness of this composition appears to be imparted by heliotrope.

Now that I know how close LOVE is to FERRE edp, and precisely because it is slightly sweet but not fruity, I might consider adding a bottle of this creation to my collection, despite the fact that it is produced by Coty Prestige, which as far as I've seen (reading labels) adds BHT to all of its perfumes these days. I'm not in any hurry, though, as I have an ample supply of FERRE edp to fill my iris-rice needs for the foreseeable future.

Pansylady
a rose by any other name...
Is it just me, or does Love, Chloe smell like a rose? How can it be that there are no rose notes listed??

I'm a big fan of florals, but this one just didn't wear well on me- in the same way that I would prefer a tailored men's styled white shirt to a ruffly blouse- this just smells too "frou-frou!
5.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

The Bottle may look simple but the Notes are a Work
of Art.
10.0 7.5 4.0/10

A little too strong
I read all these reviews prior to testing Love by Chloe, so the strong baby powder note did not take me by surprise nor did it revolt me.

What I did not like about this fragrance was its strong, almost sharp, powdery presence. The brand Chloe is really not for me. I didn't like the new Chloe and its flankers, nor did I enjoy this.

It smells like babies and strong floral-scented soap. In small quantities this could be nice, but it seems to be too much of everything. Just smelling this now is giving me a headache and I rarely get headaches from perfume.

I loved the bottle, with its classic simplicity, and while the scent does match it with its classic appeal, I feel that this is just way too overpowering. Love by Chloe tries so hard to make a statement when I really don't think it needs to.

All those floral notes when blended with the pink pepper makes the scent rather astringent. They were aiming for a clean, pretty and feminine floral, yet what I get is a sharp floral with air-freshner undertones.

So the sillage is obviously a monster, and the longevity is also quite big. Just a tad too cloying in my humble opinion.
9.0 5.0 10.0 9.0/10

Awesomeness
Contemporary interpretation of the powdery, soapy rose.
Love Chloe is lovely, lady-like and sophisticated without being a floral-bomb. It's a beautiful, powdery rose that is simultaneously classic and contemporary. I know, I know - Love Chloe is composed of purple flowers, not roses. However, it leaves a rose impression. As it dries, the rice accord comes out. Although it sounds odd, it's really lovely.

At first, Love Chloe seems strong & synthetic, and I imagine this turns off many customers at the sample counter. However, good things come to those who wait. Love Chloe chills in the 20-30 minute mark on me. Then it begins to meld with my skin, and it only gets better through the wear - It becomes a 'my skin, only better' fragrance, and on me it is amazing. Love Chloe lasts amazingly long on my skin -- in the 8 to 10 hour range. It's a comfortable fragrance and one I especially like for bedtime or the office - both as a light mist walk-through with a directed pulse point spray for yours truly.

Love Chloe is an ageless fragrance that could stretch from 20 to 60 years with ease. Longevity is amazing, even when sprayed lightly. It's especially delightful in the lotion, sadly which is difficult to find at a good price. I think Love Chloe makes a great office-friendly fragrance, and it could easily be a signature for the right wearer.

Although it's mass market, Love Chloe is unique enough to be niche or luxe. It's nothing like the original Chloe, nor like the newly reissued Chloes. I highly recommend sampling for rose fans and powder & soaps lovers. Note that patience with the fragrance is a must - don't give up on the opening, and try it several times. It grew on me, and it just might grow on you too.

by Zora
by GruftiKatze
by Cesarini
by Cesarini

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé