Love Story (2014) Eau de Parfum

Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé

Love Story (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Anne Flipo

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Cape gooseberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absolute, Stephanotis
Base Notes Base NotesPetitgrain, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is french actress and model Clémence Poésy.

5.0 6.0 5.0 5.0/10

Love Story.... well...
Since I have heard from many people that the Chloe fragrances are good and partly also very romantic I went to the perfumery to make my own opinion about the Chloe fragrances. I tested myself through every Chloe fragrance... I just find 99% of Chloe's fragrances smell like soap or do I just imagine it? The seller said the Love Story of one of the most popular Chloe fragrances was because it was supposed to be very feminine so I gave Love Story a chance. Also in Love Story I only smell soap and rose which I just think is a pity! The Chloe fragrances are not the cheapest now either and at a high price, I also find that not every fragrance should smell of soap or rose. I was just disappointed and gave up on these scents, I think I was hoping for too much. Feminine are the fragrances but really something special also not. The scents have neither a special course of scent nor height and depth, in short, for my taste just boring! And with Love Story I smelled the whole fragrance process only soap and rose only at the end I could not smell a slight note of orange blossom anymore.
I would be interested in the opinions of others about this fragrance because, I just find it funny that I just smell soap and rose... The shelf life wasn't the best now either, I could only smell the scent for 4 hours on my skin
9.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
There's still no love story to tell about me... *sigh* :D
And again we have a love story here... at least by the name of the fragrance. As already described at the EDT the other day, unfortunately I can't tell a love story, well, for lack of girlfriend and so on, mu ha ha ha, I could only tell about a few love movies, but also not so good, because I don't watch such movies very often... unless there is a totally charming actress, like Audrey Tautou... *seeeufz* :D

Since I'm talking about Frenchmen... oui oui, they are world champions now, the game was great and quite goal rich and the games are also over with it. So you surely have plenty of time to read all my stupid comments, in which I constantly whine and get on everyone's nerves :D

There, but back to the scent. I recently introduced the EDT of this fragrance here. Today I'll try to tell you the differences to the EDP, which there are here, even if on the "first nose" both scents should be quite similar.

The fragrance:
The fragrance actually begins almost like the EDT. You can smell beautiful neroli, light (and indeterminable) flowers and a slightly sweetish note, which in contrast to EDT is stronger here. Hmm... Stephanotis?? I have no idea how this wreath loop smells, but since it belongs to the jasmine plants and should also smell strongly, I assume that the sweetness radiates from this plant and the smell has therefore a somewhat more intensive sweetness than the EDT here.
Also later I smell a lot of neroli and blossom scents to the base, the sweet notes are still present, but meanwhile weakened (and weaken also more and more) and resemble now also more the sweetness of the musk instead of that of jasmine. And almost usual for a base note you can smell the cedar wood, which is a big difference to the EDT, because cedar or even woody notes are not present in the EDT.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is somewhat higher than with the EDT, at least at the beginning. After a certain time, however, both scents can appear again rather equally strong.
The shelf life is a little higher, so that the fragrance comes for a little more than eight hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is great as always. It is rectangular with grooves in the glass and a chromed upper "rim" in which the brand name was engraved. The bottle might remind a little of antique buildings, which I think is pretty great (similar to the Roma flacons, although this is more obvious in the Roma scents and here the whole thing only seems to me as if the flacons were like antique buildings).
There is no label, the name of the fragrance is printed on the bottom of the bottle. Also here there is the swivelling handle thing (what do you call something like that? :D) with a nice silk bow in the same colour as the scent liquid on it (light pastel green). A great bottle, where the EDT looks a little prettier because of the pink scent liquid.

Soo... first of all: I don't quite understand one thing here... the EDP was rated significantly worse than the EDT, hmm... sure, there are some differences between the scents, but as long as you don't have anything against some stronger-looking neroli in the base (which makes the scent citric-sour than the EDT), then I find both versions of the scent equally successful, which is also the reason why I rate both scents the same.

Like the EDT, the fragrance here is also absolutely great for spring and summer, I would even rather say summer, because the fragrances are not so strong in their charisma and on warmer days certainly better unfold, instead of being blown away by the wind at the slightest breeze :D

The scents may be too weak to go out, but you could still try them because they smell nice. Who has the agony of the choice, should test simply both times extensively. The EDT is generally warmer and less citric, the EDP shines slightly stronger and smells more like neroli or orange blossoms, even in the base still. Both are beautiful fragrances, which are simply built up, but come across nice.

Soo, now there is still the Eau Sensuelle (which smells great, I'm already excited to test him)... and I bet, until the test I still have no "Love Story" to tell... aaaaaaaargh and *seeeeeufz* ! DD
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

A Love Story Indeed
Chloe Love Story is a beautiful fragrance and I am glad to have tried it. The original Chloe EDP doesn't suit my skin nor my tastes all too well and sadly many of her flankers pose the same problem as they smell too alike. Chloe Love Story could be considered a stand-alone fragrance as it bears very few similarities to its predecessor.

Chloe Love Story is a clean, somewhat soapy interpretation of neroli, stephanotis, rose and pear. It has a similar fresh laundry vibe like the rest of the Chloe range, just without the fizzy peony and litchi notes.

Chloe Love Story was recommended on a few bridal websites as the perfect garden wedding scent. As a soon-to-be-bride myself I am placing Chloe Love Story onto my rather exhaustive shortlist for my big day. I adore neroli dominant fragrances and am looking for something refreshing and pristine with this fragrance ticking lots of boxes.

I am a little concerned however that Chloe Love Story is soon to be discontinued if not already. My local department store now only carries the original Chloe EDP, Chloe Fleur de Parfum and Roses de Chloe, with Chloe Love Story already relegated to the discount stores. If this is to be my wedding day fragrance I will have to make my decision quickly to avoid disappointment.

Trucklady 128 days ago
Yet another pretty blonde floral.

Chloé - Love Story - Eau de Parfum . 04/2018
by NightAngel
by Keikona
by Keikona

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé