Narcisse (1992) Eau de Toilette

Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé

Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Frangipani, Orange blossom, Pot marigold
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Jasmine, Narcissus, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Tolu balm, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.10.2019

8.0 5.0 5.0 9.5/10

Narcotic Narcisse
I have read many reviews of this fragrance, and the reviews seemed to suggest that it is either a love it or hate it fragrance. I am firmly in the LOVE IT! camp after blindly purchasing the EdT, which is as strong as many have suggested. Performance is excellent.

I am unable to pick out all of the notes, but it is sweet, warm, and heady. In short, it is gorgeous and quite addictive. The effect is positively narcotic. I could not be more happy that I added this beauty to my collection.

I feel it is more feminine than unisex. It is more of an evening than a day time fragrance, and more suited to leisure time than to the workday. I felt it was a fairly safe blind buy for myself, but if you are unsure about the notes, and the reviews worry you, then by all means test before you buy. Personally, I feel it is one of the most intoxicating, seductive, and delicious fragrances I have smelt in a very long while. Woo-hoo! ;)

Fragrance: 9.5/10
Sillage: 7.5/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
8.0 8.0 10.0 6.5/10

Wummser from the 90... gladly
I have worn Narcisse for years, with fervor and without regard for my environment. He is loud, very present and unspeakable, I found this dizziness of his earlier genius.

It's quite different today, I don't like to smell it on myself anymore, but I quickly recognize this opulent spicy mix on other people. It already smells of jasmine, musk and spices, but too strong.

A perfume from other times...

6.0/10

It's not you, it's me
Since I'm going to break up with this fragrance, I thought I'd reveal the following up front. I don't like Narcissus. Unless used by a magician of scent, it smells like decaying flowers to me. That said, the rest of this fragrance is well done. However, I can't wear it. It makes me feel inauthentic, as if I were wearing an outfit that belongs to someone else. Must wash it off. However, a research project occurs to me. Locate the perfumes I like that contain narcissus to see if there's any commonality in the notes. Then I'll know. Narcissus and X I'm going to like, but narcissus and Y? Puleeez! Like I said, it's not you, narcissus, it's me.
5.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

A Composition Of Classics Well Put Together
Spicy, mysterious heaven, that's what Chloe Narcisse is all about. In a hardly subdued way. Wear her in the cooler weather, in the fall or winter, on the week-ends, outside, with the turn of the leaves, and this perfume is just right. Powdery with an undercurrent of fruits, spices, florals and woods. Swirling notes of orange blossom, violets, peach, jasmine, rose, sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar continue to tantalize those who surround the wearer and dance heavily with clicking heels in this deep perfume. Tolu balsam encompasses all to give a sweet amber finish.
The Chloe family always reminded me of dark clothing, misty jazz clubs filled with smoke, art galleries off the beaten path filled with eccentric odd paintings and street photography. It's for the woman who wears silver and gold jewelry at the same time, long vintage earrings, 1950's bangle bracelets and 1940's suit jackets with her just right capris and ballet slippers. Her lips are stoplight red and she arches her brows. She turns heads wherever she goes but not because she wants to, rather, because she is a composition of classics well put together and she does it right, although mysteriously and not many can. She stands alone and cannot be duplicated. That's what Chloe Narcisse is all about.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Voluptuous Celebrations....
NARCISSE by Chloe

Gorgeous rich fruity oriental floral! Opens with a fresh burst of just picked and sliced fresh juicy pineapple and peachy apricots along with a thick, fully blooming bouquet of bittersweet, invigorating marigold, with some scattered sweet orange blossoms and a few petals of delicate tropical frangipani swirled in.

Next comes a heady mélange of zesty clove-laden spices, some sultry jasmine, and a mountain of narcotically sweet green-sappy-dewy morning fresh daffodils smelling like the stems were just ripped from the earth! The rose is only an afterthought here adding a touch of richness, and melding the florals to the supporting base of spicy resinous tolu balsam, a slightly astringent yet rich sandalwood, a clean woody cedar for added depth, and a moderate weight musk to impart a sensual feeling of intimacy.

The vanilla, used here in poised restraint, moderates the bitterness of the marigold. Likewise the powerfully resinous marigold curbs the sweetness of the vanilla. A splendidly opulent balance is achieved in this composition due to this equalization between these two opposing notes, which is ongoing within this scent from opening to complete dry down, and contributes largely to the brilliant and unique character of this perfume.

I find this fragrance to be warmly sensuous and inviting. There is something joyful and relaxed within it as well. It is powerful without being overtly loud. Non-threatening, elegantly seductive, and lots of fun! On my skin there is a distinct absence of harshness, and a plentiful abundance of soft, plushy, clean-skin melding carnal voluptuousness. It’s just delightful! I love it!
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A copper mirror
Narcisse is a bit of a finding. I feel divided. On one hand i am actually loving the scent. On the other hand, i dont like what it reminds me of. I have smelled this in some woman i find, lets say, boring and conventional. But Narcisse is not boring or convential. I imagine this discontinued fragances became very popular some time, and ended in many wrong hands, including my maths teacher.

It does smell flowery, bitter-sweet, deep yellow/orange, rich and almost opulent, but not really loud. There is a fruity quality, like unripe apricots or peach, and a texture of peach skin all over the fragance.

A rubbery orange blossom rules over the full bodied opening. Flowers rearrange around a note of daffodil that is, like the mythical Narcissus, obsessively egocentric: the flowers enhance the different qualities of daffodil (rich, sweet, animal, mossy, rubber) in a way that sometimes it gets lost in them. The fruits and nutmeg are the most misleading if you are searching for a natural daffodil.

As this well-behaved fragance evolves it gets smoothier and warmer, like a copper/blush colored velvet, linearly. There is a soft narcotic, alluring quality in Narcisse. It is truly growing on me.

The drydown is balmy and vanillic, and slightly milky. It is VERY tame and politely insolent, which i like. With a more aggresive touch , Narcisse would be wildly interesting.

Thank you K and the drag queen from Human Resources from 15th floor for this sample ;)
7.5 7.0/10

Vain as it should be
I quite often underestimate fragrances before I try them based purely upon how much they're selling for. In recent years, this fragrance has been selling for next to nothing in a majority of stores, so I've always assumed that Chloe Narcisse was a so-so fragrance. I was certainly wrong in that opinion.

Chloe Narcisse starts out as quite a strong yet unique floral. Although the opening notes nearly sent me flying backwards I couldn't help liking the scent. It's like a rich and intense burst of warm honey, marigolds, pineapple and orange blossom. A strange mixture, yet a likable one.

The heart of this fragrance however, is my favourite part. The scent softens and becomes a beautiful blend of flowers, like walking through a garden in the Spring when all the flowers are in bloom. You can smell roses, jasmine, gardenia and carnations all mixed together like an exquisite bouquet.

The drydown is also wonderful with its vanilla and woodsy notes blended perfectly, creating an enjoyable end to this incredibly long-lasting fragrance.

I know that this fragrance may not be for everyone because it is indeed very intense, flowery and sweet, however for the inexpensive price it is certainly worth trying. I'm not surprised that men find Chloe Narcisse to be very sexy and alluring, I myself agree entirely. This fragrance, when worn in moderation, has the ability to make the biggest of tomboys feel feminine, sensual and pretty. Definitely a must try.

by DemonHead
by Schahram
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé