Nomade (2018) Eau de Parfum

Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé

Nomade (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Chloé for women and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Quentin Bisch

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia
Heart Notes Heart NotesMirabelle
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is French actress Ariane Labed, photographed by Ryan McGinley and filmed by Fleur Fortuné.

8.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Nice 0815
What's up, folks? D

Today I'd like to introduce you to one of Chloé's newer fragrances, Nomad. This is the first EDP published last year (2018). So, first of all: What is a nomad at all?

Well, nomads are people who either live alone or mostly in a small group or society and have no permanent residence, because they constantly move from one place to the next, with all their belongings. This way of life can have different causes or reasons. Some live from cattle breeding and always move to places where there is food for the animals. Some are migrant workers and live wherever they are needed.

So, what does this have to do with scents? Quite simple: Chloé apparently knew that some scent freaks could live as nomads, because you freaks can be trusted that you are always on the hunt for the next scent. And if you can't get to some scents, you'll follow the scents and stay where you can test new ones, only to move on once you're done testing and smell the next scent opportunities! Well, I can imagine that you would have done something like that in the past if you couldn't order everything or at least a lot on the internet today! D
Somehow good that there is perfume, and you have me but also on your neck :D

But well, let's get to the fragrance, which hopefully is good, because I've had good experiences with most Chloé fragrances!

The fragrance:
Well, I have to say that the fragrance doesn't smell like the fragrance pyramid here. Well, actually it is, but what you see in the fragrance pyramid is only a fraction of what else you can smell.
At the beginning, for example, I don't smell the freesias I gave, but more fruity citric noises. There would be a citrus mix, consisting of bergamot and orange (well, these are probably the mirabelle plums), which I feel quite nice and also fresh. Every now and then this freshness reminds also a little bit of mint. Only a little later do the floral notes appear. And also here I smell the roses first, before I perceive a little freesia. What I like about this fragrance is that the freesias don't smell a little dry and stuffy like they often do (or I often perceive it that way). The fragrance is a little sweet then, and this sweetness also increases a little with time, especially if a little amber (and even a little musk later) appears later.
In the background the fragrance is slightly powdery and soft or airy, I think this is due to resinous (but rather not further identifiable) fragrances. Much later the fragrance smells still slightly citric, and more flowery, whereby now the flowery notes become somewhat unsweeter, presumably because the Jasmine now fades away.
But also the other sweet scents like amber and musk fade away in the later base, so that the later base of the fragrance remains rather unsweet (or less sweet, as a little sweetness remains) and smells more flowery. Especially the later base I find quite irrelevant from the otherwise quite nice scent. Oh and oakmoss I hardly noticed... at least this fragrance didn't smell the way I'm used to.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre to good. Well, in the beginning he still radiates quite well and is therefore easy and intense to smell. But then the charisma quickly diminishes and stays at a mediocre level for quite a while, so that you can best smell him up close without having to get close to him. The shelf life is about seven or eight hours, maybe a little more, which is quite good.

The bottle:
The bottle is something different from most of the Chloé bottles, which are mostly reminiscent of ancient temples with columns. This one is a roundish, disc-shaped and bulbous bottle with a pink scented liquid. The neck is gold-plated and the brand name is engraved on the front. The lid is cylindrical, gold-plated and half covered with leather, from which a (artificial?) leather band also emanates as a decorative element. All in all a very nice bottle, even if I like the "temple-like" ones better.

There! Well, I think Nomade (EDP) is quite successful. He is not a high flyer now and nothing new at all, but it is for me a solid and really nice smelling women's fragrance. I think it could be worn on loose days, such as leisure time, as well as at work, for example, preferably on warmer days.

But I also know that it seems to divide the ladies, since I have seen myself now from cousins and aunts etc. that some like the scent, but some others do not. I would recommend a test anyway, or even because of that, because you never know how it works with one. It's best not to have too big expectations from the beginning, because the fragrance already has a 0815 charisma, but it's still quite nice!

Soo... I hope you had fun reading it, it seems that I don't always have a running internet here at the moment. So it may well be that I can publish a Kommi for a few days in a row, and then again not at all for a few days. Well, let's see! If it comes the next few days nothing more from me, then you know that I have landed in the absolute radio hole hell, argh :D

Well then, have a nice evening :)
6.0 7.0 7.0 5.5/10

First convinced
I bought the fragrance this year and tested it a few times before. In the beginning I found it fresh and flowery and decided to buy it. When I applied it (always on the neck/hairline below) I had to notice quickly that it was too penetrating in my nose. Was it the freesia? I had the feeling that I had a headache smell and have worn it very rarely since then. It's a shame, because every time I smell it, I like it
8.0 8.0 6.0 8.0/10

Joline
Curiosity about the most beautiful satisfied
After seeing the fragrance pyramid of Chloés Nomade here, I was immediately terribly curious ... because oakmoss is not typical for the mainstream fragrances of Cholé. The combination with Mirabelle plum and the very spartan number of used scents I found additionally exciting.

In the meantime, I have come across a much more luxuriant composition in another perfume forum ... namely:

Top notes: Mirabelle, Bergamot, Lemon, Orange
Heart notes: freesia, jasmine, peach, rose
Base: oak moss, amber wood, patchouli, musk

After finally testing Nomade today (in perfumery), I can confirm at least some of the additional notes - although I'm not very good at recognizing scents.

The fragrance begins fruity and tangy, like a sparkling fruit sparkling wine. I like this tingling quality very much, because it makes the prelude very invigorating and cheerful. It's pretty obvious there's some citrus involved.

Already here I notice that the fragrance has a quite synthetic quality, but in this case it doesn't bother me at all. It smells "deliberately" and not badly done.

I couldn't have named the flowers of the heart note, but I noticed the peach - but not with the sweet, pompous note that the peach has in some lovely or even gourmand waters. The fragrance stays fresh for my sensation until dry-down tingling with a light fruit sweetness and a tart touch that resonates all the time with.

Then the really tart and woody notes join in, and I particularly notice patchouli. I can't explicitly smell the smell of oakmoss. The base is woody-earthy-herb ... even a little green ... but maintains a quiet, tingling sweetness that is both fruity and floral (jasimin?) ... and something warm is also involved (musk?). The base is not soft but a bit scratchy, but I think it's just right and not piercing or otherwise unpleasant.

Since I can only refer to the wrist test so far and did not find the best conditions for a Sillage test on my way home from the perfumery, I can unfortunately report little on this aspect. But the fragrance didn't seem soft to me, but rather intense, without being intrusive.

The durability can unfortunately not be judged so well in the wrist test because the scent molecules are constantly absorbed and have little chance of surviving for a few hours. But I'm guessing rather average.

All in all, I was very positively surprised by Nomade and find that my great curiosity for the most beautiful things was satisfied. At the moment I'm fighting with myself, because I didn't want to buy anything new ;) .

7.0 7.0 7.0 5.0/10

Neo Fruity Chypre of Modern Era
Chloé Nomade opens with juicy succulence of Mirabelle plum, sweeter, sunnier and less astringent than regular purple plums. I previously encountered this note in Givenchy Dahlia Divin, in which it tends to be ripen and stewed, quite heavy and opaque, while in Nomade, this Mirabelle plum feels more breezy and fresher, thanks to the powerful current of clean musk and dewy, aquatic freesia blowing from the heart. However, while the fruity and floral notes feel overall quite airy during the first 3 hours, the fragrance has an oddly irritating, scratchy texture especially in its moderate sillage.

Thankfully, Nomade turns smoother in the dry down. With the screechy sillage gone, now the fragrance sits close to skin, revealing a soft musky mossy cushion on which lay a few plums, a combined effect of fruity notes and patchouli. The longevity I got is around 8 hours.

To me, Nomade is a quintessential neo fruity chypre of our modern era. The basic stone fruit + musky mossy base is there, but it's designed as eager to please, sterilised and deprived of any earthy, vegetal or animalic warmth, and with certain aromachemicals to boost its sillage while bringing a grating texture as a sid-effect. However, even though it's not my cup of tea, I appreciate its relative lack of caramel sweetness compared to most gourmand fruitchouli in today's market, and its relative smooth mossy musky dry down. Nomade might be an option to consider for those who are graduating from sweet fruitchouli fragrances but aren't yet ready to step too much out of comfort zone.

Kanel
Actually, I didn't want to...
Actual yes, I didn't really want a new scent for the office, I was satisfied.
And actually I don't like flower scents..., well, actually I don't like roses at all, if you want to take it exactly...
So, if I had first come across the fragrance pyramid here, the freesia would have deterred me, I would never have taken a bottle to test in a perfumery, especially since Chloé is also known for its lovely rose scent... But everything was completely different...
At this point I would like to thank LilaLinchen, who gave me a sample of Nomande for the hotly longed for Mon Guerlain and probably didn't know what she was doing with it.

So there was this sample of Nomade and I.
Without knowing what I was getting into, the spray fell. To be honest, I had already prepared myself for something quite sweet and above all flowery; in case of need you can finally jump into the shower... But this nomad somehow wasn't as flowery, sticky and pink as we thought and at first she faked this little water.
If a color would do justice to this fragrance, it would be green.
So what was smelling from my wrist was for me green, fresh, clean, nevertheless feminine, but at the same time somehow also a bit masculine.
The oakmoss is for me quite quickly present in this perfume, but not dominating at first, it struggles through time. In fact, this moss reminds me a bit of some male colleagues, who sometimes exaggerate a little with the Wald-Odeur, but radiate an unbelievable success presence professionally - maybe someone knows one or the other representative of this kind of colleagues. So that makes this perfume a little masculine...
Working in an industry where you are surrounded almost exclusively by male colleagues doesn't make it easy to wear the epitome of feminine fragrances, I don't want to radiate the fluffy, pink little girl either, I want to play along with it. In short, for me it was clear very quickly: this oakmoss, it fits.
The freesia and the mirabelle plum then provide the round touch of this fragrance and the very clear female tone, although not colorful-floral, but white-green-floral.
The shelf life is good, applied in the morning (sparingly), I notice this fragrance clearly even in the afternoon - no after-spraying in the lunch break can be a relief.
Speaking of...spend the whole lunch break now on this comment... man, that wasn't actually planned now either.
9.0 7.0 10.0 8.5/10

16paws
Not only for travellers ..
Douglas the other day. "How do you do? Can I help you with something? Looking for something in particular?" You know how it is. I am rarely on the search, but a true master in "finding" and I pass that on to the eager saleswoman. Do you think she could show me the novelties? Of course. That's how we get to the Chloe fragrance shelf. There already stands another Douglette, no that is meant absolutely not pejoratively, the ladies partly call themselves so. I'm fine. I'm fine. She also has customers and praises "Nomade" in the highest tones. "It's a fragrance for ladies who like to travel," she says. My saleswoman grins and asks her colleague why Nomade should be a fragrance for women who love to travel. This one answers completely seriously ... I swear ... that's the original tone: "Nomads do wander through the desert, that's why it's also a scent for ladies who like to travel".

But the fragrance could also be suitable for less wanderlust women, especially if unsweet, more bitter fragrances are appreciated and by men of course also. Freesia, mirabelle plum and oakmoss, are not the complete ingredients of Nomade, a little more is hidden behind it already.

I smell citric notes in the opening. In my opinion, it is neither lemon nor mandarin. It could possibly be lime or bergamot. Freesia is very present, unsweet, but still beautiful. I would not have recognized Mirabelle plum now necessarily, had there been plum, I would have believed it also. If I recall correctly, the mirabelle plum is a plum species, right? Besides, there seems to be another fruit hiding, what exactly, I don't know. The scent goes in the direction of apricot, peach or perhaps nectarine. A white-flowered heron that keeps itself very, very discreetly in the background is also part of the party. It could be jasmine or orange blossom, but since the blossoms are used in homeopathic dosage, I really can't say for sure.

The only thing that bothers me about Nomade is a synthetic note that keeps flashing up. I suspect the oakmoss is certainly not of natural origin. Fortunately, this component is only present for a short time and disappears quickly, otherwise I would not have bought Nomade at all.

Except for the synthetic interlude, I like Nomade exceptionally well and I really, really like to wear it. It's suitable for all occasions and doesn't bite either - but it certainly isn't an olfactory masterpiece. The fragrance is very linear, with no surprises and no corners or edges. It won't be a classic for sure (I would have to be very wrong about that) and at some point it will have disappeared from the market without a sound or a sound
What really knocks me out of the stool, though, is the durability. Nomade lasts 24 hours with me - from one shower to the next and on clothes much, much longer.

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Lola1997
From one who is different from the others
I didn't really want to write a comment here. Only, for what I would have to say to Nomade, the text size of a statement is unfortunately not sufficient. Therefore "my statement in long version" to Nomad here as comment, especially because, I think, that one should not do her (the Nomadin) wrong:

Every perfume is "arguable", so is Chloé, too, "arguable" and it is obvious that even nomads are "arguable" - and in all 3 cases this is a good thing.
I personally do not belong to those who first meticulously analyse a scent, break it down into its components, in order to allow themselves a judgement, sometimes even to the point of being a judge of "good and evil", especially since the times of ancient Rome and its Caesars (thumbs up - thumbs down) have long since passed. Multilayeredness is the keyword here and multilayered I also find Nomade.

When one deals with nomads, one inevitably deals with s at least indirectly - with Chloé, and no other fragrance from this manufacturer denies its origin as much as Nomade does. I think that when you try the fragrance, you expect "typical Chloé" and you will be disappointed. Because this nomad is very much living up to her role, because she doesn't belong to the other, rather girlish and pure scents with a certain, clean washing powder image, but has an independent appearance, far away from that of her sisters.

Nomade is at first almost harsh, almost stabbing, almost like the stab of a scorpion, especially if I expect "typical Chloé" somehow. That was also my very first impression, but the nomad didn't sting me right away, but she didn't let me go right away. Their language is just different, maybe then also their message.

2 or 3 sprayers on the test strip or on the skin are already times 1 or 2 sprayers too much. The nomad rather seeks distance, also when spraying on, because she needs space and air to be able to unfold and show herself and her subtleties. And this also applies to inhaling, smelling this fragrance, because it is there, unmistakable. So this becomes a nomad for me a question of how to deal with each other, and if you understand how to deal with each other, you also understand each other - much better even than perhaps first assumed.
The nomad is not complicated, nor is she generally flowery, because where she is located flowers are in short supply. Nevertheless, she knows how to carry a touch of it with her without letting it dry in the heat.

Nomad is somehow perhaps even contradictory and certainly not integer, as one could expect from a nomad in general or accuse her of it, but nevertheless she has her roots.
7.0 10.0 8.0 4.0/10

Obnoxious Nomadin
After a short sniff at the flacon during my last visit to the perfumery, I immediately put her back on the shelf, scared off, and dared a courageous test directly on my wrist at the second attempt.
Immediately I was surrounded by an exhilarating flowery scent, which almost immediately put the mirabelle plums in my spiritual basket. I would have given myself to her further unseen, the nomad... Who only smells up to here, will lie at her feet.
But after a few minutes a biting smell suddenly began to tickle my nose. Was I too close to the Old Spice on the shelf in front of me? No, the nomad was back! This time she had thrown away the now withered bouquet of flowers and had eaten all the mirabelle plums. Instead she had put on her old goatskin cape and stood before me in the scorching sun, holding an ancient wooden stick in her hand. Was that just a mirage? Carefully I sniffed again directly at the wrist: But, that was clearly the nomad and also again the smell, which had let me put the bottle back on the shelf frightened at the last attempt. A scent like that of old men who have been using the same, slightly tilted aftershave lotion for years. Biting, musty, stubborn. Is that really oakmoss? The scent has nothing cool about it, only scorching, glowing, breathtaking heat. Oak moss dried out by the sun and covered with sticky resin, shortly before fomentation?
After I had arrived home, I ran directly to the tap and thoroughly scrubbed my arm with odourless soap. But the scent was still there.
At noon my son asked what a strange smell it was hanging over the lunch table. It was the nomad who was still hanging around. I would have liked to have sent her to the desert, but she stayed.

Braided Rope
This is a gorgeous musky-ambry-fougère-y confection. Unlike in Gucci's Bloom Acqua di Fiori, though, the musky-ambry and the fougèrey are balanced from the outset, and also the fougère-ity is nowhere near as wild. In this one it's more like, indeed, a fern, or a bit tobacco-leafy; but in that one it's, well, a bit like you've just cleared an overgrown plot of land with a power-strimmer!

I do as a general rule like the juxtaposition of green and amber in a fragrance - but it's difficult, and shows forth the skill of the perfumier if it is truly accomplished, to make of that juxtaposition a true synergy. That is precisely what _is_ done here - it's like a rope braided of green and amber chords.

And it's got that ubiquitous Chloé 'signature' too: I cannot adequately parse it - the best I can offer is that it's kind of the olfactory equivalent of polished marble. And it's as durable as that: it's low-key, but it just stays & stays. Or sardonyx rather than marble - more durable.

Polarrfox 7 days ago
I don´t know why I tend to have headache from this one. On the other side, it´s very soft scent, which has surprisly long duration.
Trucklady 110 days ago
Dry oakmoss, heady freesia and tart mirabelle. Equals a windy spring day when forces of nature are stronger than me. Big time love.+2
Jazzy76 18 months ago
Pleasant, but nothing special. It's a light day scent with a poor and basic bouquet.If I smell it I don't imagine at all any adventure!+4

by BlueValkyrie
..... Nomade .... frei - wie die ziehenden Wolken ......
by IrisNobile
by Anvanhoven
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Chloé

Chloé (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love, Chloé by Chloé L'Eau de Chloé by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Intense by Chloé Chloé (1975) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Nomade (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Parfum) by Chloé Narcisse (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé SeeByChloé by Chloé Roses de Chloé by Chloé Chloé (2009) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Love, Chloé Eau Florale by Chloé Chloé (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Capucine by Chloé SeeByChloé Eau Fraîche by Chloé Innocence by Chloé Chloé (2015) (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Chloé Fleur de Parfum by Chloé Love Story (Eau de Toilette) by Chloé Eau de Fleurs Lavande by Chloé