SeeByChloé by Chloé

PBullFriend
23.10.2020 - 11:06 AM
Helpful Review
late summer getting-things-done scent
I was not going to try SeebyChloe, which has not been well-liked by the perfume folks I listen to. A while back, I had been a surprising fan of the re-released Chloe edp, even though I'm not generally a fan of roses or powder. (Roses and powder are its two main elements - go figure.) I couldn't believe my love of Chloe would hold and, in fact, it didn't. What I saw two years ago as refreshing, calm, and clean has come to me to feel like an ice pick in the nose. So I'm glad I only got samples of Chloe edp.

So I was reading a fashion magazine at the hairstylist a couple of months ago, and there was a SeebyChloe ad with a smell strip in it. And I smelled, and it was lovely. It made me think of Versace Versense with its effervescent lemon, only not as harsh. I got a sample and have worn it several times now. The sparkling lemony-apple blossom scent helps me feel like focusing on my work. (Is that the cleaning products connection, perhaps?) I like its sense of sparkliness and find it pretty without being distracting. But I've only bought a mini, because I may change my mind soon.

Latest Reviews

PBullFriendPBullFriend 182 days ago
Smell Good Daily - Gypsy Soul - West Third Brand

Smell Good Daily - Gypsy Soul Vanillary substitute with a bad name
How does a scent have so many interesting notes listed and yet smell like vanilla taffy? This is a very thick, substantial vanilla that made me feel like I had something stuck in my molars. Not bad at all if you're seeking that...

PBullFriendPBullFriend 9 months ago
N°. VII - Petits Papiers Nobile / Petits Papiers - Mad et Len

N°. VII - Petits Papiers Nobile / Petits Papiers woody vanilla with a twist
This starts with a gentle vanilla and dry smoked wood (the copaiva?) but immediately turns to take on a sweet cereal grain note that reminded me of Parfumerie Generale’s Une Crime Exotique. (UCE, while beautiful, grew to smell sweeter...