Cašmir 1991 Eau de Parfum

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard
Bottle Design Caroline Scheufele
Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 1991. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CoconutCoconut
MangoMango
PeachPeach
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
WoodsWoods
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2021.

The perfume was originally produced by Lancaster.

Of dreams and fantasies!
I like to dream, and often! In perhaps imagined support of this, I like to go to bed in the evening with a spray of perfume. Remembering the good blog "Are our noses raised gender-specific" by the nice lady behind LS5 on the topic "Heteronormativity in the perfume world", I decided to choose with Cašmir by Chopard once again a women's fragrance. Foolhardy I risked two strong spritzes and fell asleep briskly as usual.

Sometime during the night, it was still dark anyway, I heard a loud rumble and noticed a yellow, rather bright light on my nightstand. Dimly, I see a flashing gold something lightly tumbling, like a leaf in the wind, descending upon it. This, for me, flying saucer resembled the Cašmir bottle exactly. Suddenly I hear excited voices grumbling from a somewhat musty smelling fragrance cloud to my ear.

"What a bummer, what bad luck we've been having lately."
"That's what you say, but don't get excited."
"Like hell! We've got to make a good first impression here at the front, find the right target and head for it, while the base gives orders from behind and has a good time. Where did we even land?"
"Hello you little ghosts" I hear myself say! "What are you guys doing here and why does it smell so weird?"
"Same thing every time" it burbles back, "when I brake the load of coconuts always crash against each other, some burst and then steam out. I throw them out right away, the old ripe fruit too, and spray some fresh, then it smells a lot better and we can talk."

Indeed, it soon smells tart-fruity peach and also already intense, sweet-spicy vanilla. Together they push the slightly musty coconut macaroon note into the background. At the same time, a dark, earthy-floral warm feeling comes up.

"Well so better the Lord," it nags me.
"Of course" I reply, "but what are you doing here."
"We are looking for a new wearer, perhaps a fine lady or a confident gal of character who will value us and where we can develop to our full potential."
"I can't help with that. The only lady here is my wife and she doesn't like little green men or cute ones like you. How about a man, then?"
"Probably gone mad!" growls gruffly all round.
"We don't care for men at all, those hairy beasts. Either they pour some fresh, aquatic, green-herbaceous broth over us and we perish miserably. Or they fill us with oud-heavy, resinous smoke and we suffocate in the fumes. No, we want nothing to do with men."

Such was the raging excitement, especially at the base as well, that, even for a foodie like me, the onset of vanilla-amber sweetness turned out to be a bit threatening for a moment. The threat was unfounded, however, as the balsamic woods velvety-bind the strong vanilla, the patchouli adds texture, and the musk does its part to give the mystical vanilla an oriental-erotic flair.

"No women there Captain! Now how do we get out of this mess?"
"All cargo off the ship, lose weight, woods, vanilla and the other stuff gone!"

The fragrance thus gains in heaviness and depth. Quiet then prevails for quite a while, and I subconsciously enjoy the pleasant, straightforward austerity of this lush, sweet-woody vanilla before curmudgeonly sounds come to me again.

"Bottle finally clear" blurts out an excited voice, "we're smelling off!".
All my attempts to hold her, change her mind and try me came to naught.

I felt a comforting warmth when I opened my eyes after what felt like eight hours. The Cašmir bottle was on the bedside cabinet, the golden dome lay beside it, and the vanilla scent on me was still omnipresent. Unconsciously, I heard rapidly fading, still slightly grumbling voices. With the firm resolution to show it to these little rascals once, I started cheerfully and with a few splashes of Cašmir on my neck and the crook of my arm into a fragrant day!

Many thanks for the dreamy ride to unfamiliar shores!

Warm peach dessert?
My aunt unexpectedly passed away last week and so her fragrances have just moved to me. Casmir I knew well before, because it was her signature scent. Although he now breaks my heart on the one hand, he still has something very warm & comforting.
Casmir starts off a bit "dusty." You can tell it's older (I also somehow feel a kinship to Tresor from the 90s? The peach?). But then it develops quite quickly into a sweet vanilla with coconut and a whole load of fruit. Although not listed, I somehow smell apricot as well. The florals are drowned out though, with only hints of lily of the valley. Casmir works great on cold, rainy fall days.

For the price, you can't go wrong with Casmir in my opinion. For my aunt, who didn't make much, it was always her little bit of luxury.

P.S. To my partner, it smells like "yummy furniture polish", whatever that means ;)
Reunited after years.
For a long time my mother wore this fragrance, which is why it was out of the question for me, it was too strong for me, too grown up, too mummy. In the meantime, a few years have passed and I no longer automatically associate Casmir with her, so when I recently came across a bottle in the souk, I spontaneously struck it. I suddenly had a real "longing" for the fragrance that was always familiar to me as a child and teenager and gave me a homely feeling. I simply couldn't wait to hold it in my hands again.

When I applied it yesterday, the first thing that enveloped me was an (admittedly quite synthetic) peach note. In the first moment I was a bit disappointed and wondered if he was better in my memory than in reality (you can't always trust his memory after all)
Fortunately, the drydown was much nicer, which looks a bit like back vanilla, but still gets the curve to an elegant vanilla ;)
I can't clearly smell the listed floral notes (except for the lily of the valley), for me an overall gourmand impression prevails, reminiscent of vanilla plunder. Amber rounds off the composition and although it reminds of pastry it doesn't seem too "edible".
To my delight there are also no Christmas pastry notes (cinnamon, cloves etc.) represented, which I personally do not like at all.

Maybe Casmir would be given a vintage DNA by now, he still has nothing old-fashioned, "granny-like" to me.
An economical dosage is nevertheless strongly recommended, durability and Sillage are incredibly good - if you accidentally overdo it, it has a clear nerve potential :D

I can confirm that Ylang-ylang in gold is his scent twin. In direct comparison, they share the same fragrance character, while ylang in gold is much more floral and Casmir is more patisserie-like. Lovers of the one could definitely like the other one as well.

Of course, the nostalgia that rises in me when I sniff it does not play an insignificant role in my evaluation - apparently the spirits are divided on this fragrance.
Nevertheless a great sweet-warm oriental for lovers of this direction, simply a classic I would say.
Anyway, I have found the right time to let him move back in with me to reminisce a bit. A real feel-good scent :)
Nefretem
The mother of my favorite
I found my favorite under the Christmas tree two years ago...but that's another story. When you love something with all its nooks and crannies, my "darling" reminded me of something I smelled a long time ago. Through different researches I found it ..like driven I went to the next possibility to sniff it out I had to know it ..and yes it was the direct relationship of course "older" with more edges and not as cosmopolitan and fine as my darling but the mother version! Casmir is a nice vanilla scent the coconut goes in the top note with the peach a beautiful connection. The flowers in the heart are not so clear and the base is not so round but still beautiful. A 30 ml version should come into my collection...not because I would wear no! So that the family comes together !
Rendezvous with the 90s
My mother was a big fan of this wonderful fragrance in the 90s. As a child I absorbed her scent and felt protected and sheltered. It was an incredibly exotic, yet highly intense and beguiling scent experience that was not really tangible. Sweet peach, innocent mango, soft and lovely vanilla, and a light coconut note introduce themselves at the very beginning and give the inspiring musk and amber space to present themselves. I suspect that the sandalwood adds a nostalgic note to the fragrance and beams the wearer back to the past 90s.
When my mother's bottle disappeared from my cupboard, I carried the memories of the beauty of the glass flacon, reminiscent of the dome of an oriental temple, with its royal golden liquid inside, until one day I bought it for myself and every time I carried it, I would revel in the memories and the desire for apricot cake Definitely something for the sensual woman in whom a thousand longings slumber
2020Antiope
The cruelest nitromusk compound of all - and that at Chopard!
For God's sake, what's that in my nose.... i can't get any worse. Brutal, artificial orientalism competing with the perfumed fir trees hanging from the rearview mirrors in the car. Only various "room fresheners" or bath additives have a similar smell, which cannot be undercut in terms of chemistry. So much terrible artificiality with such a big name makes my heart bleed and I don't understand the world anymore. Chopard! Chopard! CHOPARD! My eyes shine in the face of the attributes that are otherwise associated with this great house. But Casmir? But Casmir? Who is this "scent" supposed to impress? It stays on the skin for hours without connecting to it in any way. After application, it still smells the same after 24 hours; a typical sign of pure chemistry. Apart from the fact that it takes your breath away, even the bedclothes smell of it and I will try to get this chemical bomb out of my life as soon as possible; there is no other way to get it out.

As a conciliatory note to all Casmîr enthusiasts: I am probably highly allergic to this fragrance, which is not uncommon with nitromusks.
The other scent.
At five in the morning the world is still fine,
Alarm rattles ... the jump out of bed, into the shower ...
Yes such a room in the nurses dormitory offers this luxury!;-))
Short ways...
From yesterday's late shift, now into the morning
Work ritual.
But something is different, my new perfume is used !
No more Wild Love or Green Love,
The Casmir was used today!
Working close to the body with patients needs
A scent, for me a supportive scent!
Quickly and discreetly sprayed on and already the watch warned to take off into the turmoil!
Steps were already echoing through the walls and several schoolgirls stormed across the corridors to their stations!
So now what happened to said routine!
At that time still the beds of all patients and also the washing of some at the moment, helpless were!
Arms in Gibs or otherwise unable to care for themselves!
As the first our ward nurse Willi raised his nose, sniffed and said still tired brummelnd
Ohhhhh.. a nursery flies by...and he slightly grinned and distorted his moustached face.
Numach mal en bisken kommod..Kleene!
And then, in addition, :: "100m run on the sports field..."
I, with bed trolleys and washbowls in
Escort, was already fully there.. it pressed again!
Wupps slipped into the room, to my, me already expecting ladies!
Sleeping was yesterday, now Drive ,and Halligalli
was Happy and expectant one expected my morning storry, one extended arms towards me,
if I should help getting up!
Yes, and then there was a ... Our little sister has a new perfume!!!!
All wanted to announce first, it at the door already errochen and erschnuppert to have!
Please go here once and also to Mrs. Müller who was always a little more distant.
Her eyes were shining and immediately spices and flowers were called .
Of those hundred per which were detected.
Vanilla , and lily of the valley .. my other two patients supplemented excitedly , yes and also fruits peach and mango , it smells like your homemade jam! coconut also called Mrs. Schwitalla, quite sure
That was a hello... the name of the perfume was not essential at all, as long as it was puzzled what all revealed itself from the smell!
Above all, the warmth of the fragrance was perceived as wonderful .
That hospital smell is evil and not pleasant! Cold!
There came momentum into the otherwise only so dripping
Daily routine in this room.
Now that all the work is done and the fragrance is
was discussed by,
the name was still asked!
I quickly pulled out a pencil and wrote little notes!
Nodding and that's great, the three of them said goodbye to me, first of all out of this room!
Well, my ward manager said in the hallway to me,
There was something going on at nine.
I also heard Mrs. Müller a little louder once.
Is she having a good day today?
I grinned and said:" she was happy about my new perfume!"
Well, that's pure therapy!
She's talking again! Or even after the accident.
Nice, but really true, as good as today you have never smelled ... Oops, she came closer.
Man, you're the new one, man Really fine these drops.
Stay there, today beautiful in my
Proximity .... I'll have to have him at noon
i'll get it for you at the Schlecker!

Ohhhhh sewhh I just thought there... man...
the old quail ... with my schönet
Perfume
Dreamlike youth memory
I've known Casmir since I was young. For many years he was my favourite perfume and accompanied me. When I discovered the scent, I was 17 years old and naturally could not afford it. All the more joy when my mother gave it to me. Before I had used perfume from time to time, but Casmir was my first real fragrance, which was also associated with me by others. I wore it even after leaving school and during the first years of my studies. I don't know the current version because I discovered Macadam from Il Profumo about 12 years ago. A similar fragrance, which is a ticking more reserved and has replaced Casmir as my signature fragrance so to speak. The descriptions of the new fragrance make me sad, because at that time it was really something very special. A dream of peach, coconut and vanilla. I felt happy and self-confident whenever I wore it. And the comments, from both men and women, were always positive. I never had to listen to Puffmutti or anything like that. The fact that it is perceived today by many as omega scent makes me wonder. Am I that old? ;) :(

For me, Casmir is a wonderful memory of my youth. And I also think that the nineties were absolutely great when it came to opulent fragrances. Most of my classmates wore Jil Sander Sun, also a heavy caliber, which I acquired at that time. Today, I often miss this special thing that the old classics, especially Casmin, had to offer when it comes to non-niche fragrances :)
Oriental Magic
A gloomy Sunday afternoon in March, the perfume collection needs a new sorting due to constant growth, the cupboards and drawers are cleared to be filled afterwards again in completely new arrangement. In addition, old treasures, which gather dust unused, should make way for possible new conquests.
Thus the game begins: "the good into the potty, the bad into the little crank", whereby nevertheless very many got again into the potty.
Finally Cašmir of Chopard falls into my hands. First spontaneous reaction: Into the small crank, speak away.
But in the sorting movement, my hand stops. In front of my inner nose, memories of warm, oriental vanilla fragrances emerge, closely connected with the first love and the feeling of deepest femininity. The movement leads back to the nose, with the cap removed only breathe in a small breath of memory once more. Further fragrance pictures are created: long evenings with the best friends, splashing about all the important things in the world of girlfriends, wrapped in the soft Cašmir fragrance cloth.
The hand movement goes a small step further: A small splash and wrist, only once again the once hot-loved golden scent water on the skin smell. The nose smells firmly on the wrist, is unable to detach itself from the mystically heavy, warm, soft scent that seems to span the entire Orient.
There it is again, the magic that inevitably emanates from Cašmir, that fascinates and captivates, sucks you in and carries you away on an oriental cloud.
The "Inside the Potty" movement becomes the "Inside the Potty" movement. How could I give this magical scent, my very first signature scent that has existed for years, out of my hand?
Tuzzifruzzi
Nasty love didn't last long
When Casmir came on the market at that time, I was blown away.
Fresh very sweet and obtrusive.
My girlfriend insulted me when we were on the way to the disco "You smell like a madam" she gets headaches! How can you be so evil with such a great perfume? Today I think differently and go even further, meanwhile I can't wear Casmir anymore, I'm annoyed and I get really nauseous.
That's my only darling I've banished.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I wonder why this perfume does not raise more sympathy. It has a legion of lovers but also a radical group of haters. Wonderful oriental!
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
Un underrated very feminine gourmand fragrance strong on vanilla, florals and fruits. It's very oriental and a precious inexpensive gem.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
I owned a miniature of the original version of this scent: I loved its warm and sweet-oriental notes and the touch of peach.Sweet gem.
ReniferkaReniferka 3 years ago
Lancaster version (old): stunning opoponax & smoky vanilla, Coty (new): vanilla cream pudding with peaches on top. I love the old one.
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Vanilla lovers, rejoice! Opens with a big, boozy vanilla...dries down to a sweet vanilla finale. Wonderful!
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 6 years ago
Shocking vanilla opening with overripe peach. Settles into a plasticky, peachy fruit compote.

by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Mein Vintage-Schatz. Wenn ich ihn trage, lacht die Sonne in meinem Herzen.
Der frühe Vogel....
by JulieFä91
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Or de Calambac by Chopard Rose Seljuke by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Cašmir (Parfum) by Chopard Black Incense Malaki by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard