Cašmir (1991)Eau de Parfum

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard
Bottle Design Caroline Scheufele

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 1991. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coconut, Mango, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.06.2020.

The perfume was originally produced by Lancaster.

Man oh man, oh manoman
I, sitting there slightly dozing, probably nodded off my thoughts about a commentary on the perfume Cašmir and saw a golden flashing Something slightly staggering in front of me on the table, like a leaf in the wind, falling down. This flying saucer something resembles the Cašmir flacon exactly. Suddenly I hear excited voices scolding from a somewhat musty smelling scent cloud penetrating my ear.

"What a shame we've been having lately."
"Don't get excited, it'll work out."
"No way! We have to make a good first impression here and head for the right target, while the base gives orders from behind and lets things go well. Where did we end up anyway?"
"Hello you little ghosts" I hear myself say! "What are you doing here and why is it smelling so weird?"
"Each time the same thing" it blows back, "when braking the load of coconuts always crashes against each other, some burst and then evaporate. I throw them out right away, the old ripe fruits also and spray something fresh in addition, then smells immediately much better and we can talk."

In fact, it soon smells bitter-fruity like peach and already intense, sweet-spicy like vanilla. Together they push the slightly musty coconut macaroon note into the background. At the same time a dark, earthy-flowery feeling of warmth arises.

"So better the Lord," it nagged at me.
"Of course," I answer, "but what do you want here?"
"We are looking for a new wearer, perhaps a fine lady or a self-confident girl with character who appreciates us and where we can fully unfold."
"I can't serve with that. How about a man?"
"I think I've gone crazy!" it growls everywhere.
"We don't care about men at all, these hairy beasts. If they have us over, they immediately pour some fresh, aquatic, green-herbal broth over us and we drown miserably. Or they diesel us with oud-heavy, resinous smoke and we suffocate in the smoke. There you can see again, where these small 30 bottles and the commands of the base lead you."

The raging excitement, especially at the base, was so great that, even for a gourmand like me, the incipient vanilla-ambry sweetness turned out to be somewhat threatening for a moment. The danger was unfounded, however, because the balsamic woods bind the strong vanilla velvety soft, the patchouli gives structure and the musk does its bit to give the mystical vanilla an oriental-erotic flair.

"No women there, captain! How do we get out of this mess now?"
"All cargo off board, lose weight, woods, vanilla and the other stuff away!"

The fragrance thus gains in heaviness and depth. For quite a while there is peace and quiet and I enjoy the pleasant, straightforward austerity of this luxuriant, sweet-woody vanilla before the grouchy noises came to me again.

"Flacon finally clear" bursts out an excited voice, "we smell!".
All my attempts to keep her, to change her mind and to try it with me went into vain.

I felt a pleasant warmth when I opened my eyes after eight hours. The bottle stood on the table, the golden dome lay next to it and the vanilla scent on me was still omnipresent. Unconsciously I heard fading, content-grumbling voices close to my ear.
"Man oh man, oh manomann" and had the impression, the little ghosts had changed their opinion and they thought now nevertheless still on my skin at the goal arrived.

Remark: Shortly before I woke up from my dream, I saw some very similar "saucers" flying around. These were rumoured to be even more golden, even more yellow, even more beautiful, even more fragrant, even more....! But they flew in a vintage formation and were therefore unattainable for me and my dream!
The other scent.
At five in the morning the world is still fine,
Alarm rattles ... the jump out of bed, into the shower ...
Yes such a room in the nurses dormitory offers this luxury!;-))
Short ways...
From yesterday's late shift, now into the morning
Work ritual.
But something is different, my new perfume is used !
No more Wild Love or Green Love,
The Casmir was used today!
Working close to the body with patients needs
A scent, for me a supportive scent!
Quickly and discreetly sprayed on and already the watch warned to take off into the turmoil!
Steps were already echoing through the walls and several schoolgirls stormed across the corridors to their stations!
So now what happened to said routine!
At that time still the beds of all patients and also the washing of some at the moment, helpless were!
Arms in Gibs or otherwise unable to care for themselves!
As the first our ward nurse Willi raised his nose, sniffed and said still tired brummelnd
Ohhhhh.. a nursery flies by...and he slightly grinned and distorted his moustached face.
Numach mal en bisken kommod..Kleene!
And then, in addition, :: "100m run on the sports field..."
I, with bed trolleys and washbowls in
Escort, was already fully there.. it pressed again!
Wupps slipped into the room, to my, me already expecting ladies!
Sleeping was yesterday, now Drive ,and Halligalli
was Happy and expectant one expected my morning storry, one extended arms towards me,
if I should help getting up!
Yes, and then there was a ... Our little sister has a new perfume!!!!
All wanted to announce first, it at the door already errochen and erschnuppert to have!
Please go here once and also to Mrs. Müller who was always a little more distant.
Her eyes were shining and immediately spices and flowers were called .
Of those hundred per which were detected.
Vanilla , and lily of the valley .. my other two patients supplemented excitedly , yes and also fruits peach and mango , it smells like your homemade jam! coconut also called Mrs. Schwitalla, quite sure
That was a hello... the name of the perfume was not essential at all, as long as it was puzzled what all revealed itself from the smell!
Above all, the warmth of the fragrance was perceived as wonderful .
That hospital smell is evil and not pleasant! Cold!
There came momentum into the otherwise only so dripping
Daily routine in this room.
Now that all the work is done and the fragrance is
was discussed by,
the name was still asked!
I quickly pulled out a pencil and wrote little notes!
Nodding and that's great, the three of them said goodbye to me, first of all out of this room!
Well, my ward manager said in the hallway to me,
There was something going on at nine.
I also heard Mrs. Müller a little louder once.
Is she having a good day today?
I grinned and said:" she was happy about my new perfume!"
Well, that's pure therapy!
She's talking again! Or even after the accident.
Nice, but really true, as good as today you have never smelled ... Oops, she came closer.
Man, you're the new one, man Really fine these drops.
Stay there, today beautiful in my
Proximity .... I'll have to have him at noon
i'll get it for you at the Schlecker!

Ohhhhh sewhh I just thought there... man...
the old quail ... with my schönet
Perfume
Dreamlike youth memory
I've known Casmir since I was young. For many years he was my favourite perfume and accompanied me. When I discovered the scent, I was 17 years old and naturally could not afford it. All the more joy when my mother gave it to me. Before I had used perfume from time to time, but Casmir was my first real fragrance, which was also associated with me by others. I wore it even after leaving school and during the first years of my studies. I don't know the current version because I discovered Macadam from Il Profumo about 12 years ago. A similar fragrance, which is a ticking more reserved and has replaced Casmir as my signature fragrance so to speak. The descriptions of the new fragrance make me sad, because at that time it was really something very special. A dream of peach, coconut and vanilla. I felt happy and self-confident whenever I wore it. And the comments, from both men and women, were always positive. I never had to listen to Puffmutti or anything like that. The fact that it is perceived today by many as omega scent makes me wonder. Am I that old? ;) :(

For me, Casmir is a wonderful memory of my youth. And I also think that the nineties were absolutely great when it came to opulent fragrances. Most of my classmates wore Jil Sander Sun, also a heavy caliber, which I acquired at that time. Today, I often miss this special thing that the old classics, especially Casmin, had to offer when it comes to non-niche fragrances :)
Oriental Magic
A gloomy Sunday afternoon in March, the perfume collection needs a new sorting due to constant growth, the cupboards and drawers are cleared to be filled afterwards again in completely new arrangement. In addition, old treasures, which gather dust unused, should make way for possible new conquests.
Thus the game begins: "the good into the potty, the bad into the little crank", whereby nevertheless very many got again into the potty.
Finally Cašmir of Chopard falls into my hands. First spontaneous reaction: Into the small crank, speak away.
But in the sorting movement, my hand stops. In front of my inner nose, memories of warm, oriental vanilla fragrances emerge, closely connected with the first love and the feeling of deepest femininity. The movement leads back to the nose, with the cap removed only breathe in a small breath of memory once more. Further fragrance pictures are created: long evenings with the best friends, splashing about all the important things in the world of girlfriends, wrapped in the soft Cašmir fragrance cloth.
The hand movement goes a small step further: A small splash and wrist, only once again the once hot-loved golden scent water on the skin smell. The nose smells firmly on the wrist, is unable to detach itself from the mystically heavy, warm, soft scent that seems to span the entire Orient.
There it is again, the magic that inevitably emanates from Cašmir, that fascinates and captivates, sucks you in and carries you away on an oriental cloud.
The "Inside the Potty" movement becomes the "Inside the Potty" movement. How could I give this magical scent, my very first signature scent that has existed for years, out of my hand?
Tuzzifruzzi
Nasty love didn't last long
When Casmir came on the market at that time, I was blown away.
Fresh very sweet and obtrusive.
My girlfriend insulted me when we were on the way to the disco "You smell like a madam" she gets headaches! How can you be so evil with such a great perfume? Today I think differently and go even further, meanwhile I can't wear Casmir anymore, I'm annoyed and I get really nauseous.
That's my only darling I've banished.
Cašmir
I was really curious about this scent only since I am also registered here. Sweet vanilla scent - just right for me. The small price is already great, everyone here knows probably, how terribly much money one can invest in smells... I like the bottle a lot. It is selected to match the fragrance and looks noble and oriental. Already after the first splash on my wrist, I have to smell it again and again and love it. So it went for me hours later and of course I was curious whether the fragrance would develop further. I have noticed that Cašmir makes no real change at all on my skin. Since I'm probably not the only one, it didn't really surprise me. Very strongly I noticed directly a sweet vanilla smell and this dominates actually continuously. Coconut, light floral notes and a very fine spice can be "sniffed out" very discreetly during the course. As already mentioned Cašmir is a very strong, sweet vanilla scent for me. The durability I find, especially in the price range, simply super and the fragrance is noticed in any case. I would also describe the fragrance as sensual. I also noticed that Cašmir sprayed me on clothes but didn't like it at all, because there he came somehow quite differently and then almost smells musty. For me the purchase was worthwhile, because I like the scent and will simply avoid spraying on my clothes. I would have loved to have smelled the "old" Cašmir, I can imagine that it was even better, but I'm satisfied as well!
You should already like heavy, sweet scents and a little luck is probably also part of it here, but I personally find it almost a pity that I have tried it only now!
Betty0714
Comforter in the winter :)
A rainy day, on which I want to make NOTHING demanding so felt. At the main station I pass a Rossmann and finally want to spray on this highly praised scent. A staff member unlocks the door to the perfume department. With a slight stomach ache I sniffed at other specimens lying around there before and my head and stomach protested, but that didn't stop me from having this scent sprayed on my wrist. What do you want me to say? I have to sniff my wrist every few seconds and the world seems healthy and beautiful, like a soothing balm. But I seem to soak up the scent with my nose, because it smells less and less....and I don't get stomach ache either, quite the contrary. Next time I will probably spray him more generously...
To the fragrance: A very round fragrance, without a pungent note. I smell juicy peach that seems to melt with the dark vanilla. I think that's a nice, comforting scent for wintertime :)
Süsskind
the amazing journey in the precious wood vanilla stealth bomber
Last but not least, inspired by the many scent descriptions worth reading here and knowing that this scent falls exactly into my hive scheme, I recently also bought Cašmir - especially since it is offered at a price at which one cannot say no, and I occasionally simply like to be surprised.

Now it is generally the case that I (Nick-nomen est omen) am completely at home in the land of the Orientals and Gourmands and surround myself with great pleasure with heavy calibres. Vanilla always works for me, fruity or floral, and I'm also very fond of woods and resins.

Curiously I spent the loot in the bathroom, grabbed, not without marvelling at its extraordinary sight, the pretty little boy from his red box and ventured in anticipation of an oriental-sweet scent explosion a careful sprayer on my wrist. Coconut, mango and peach... very cute? I couldn't believe my nose, but I couldn't see anything of it. Just nothing at all. Just a delicate, spicy, almost tangy vanilla scent. Maybe I just didn't get enough perfume on my wrist. So spray again. And again. And - again. With the same effect: no fruit. No coconut. No jasmine or lily of the valley either. Yes, I do notice the rose geranium, which I like to use in homemade cosmetics. And sandalwood (probably Amyris?), amber, musk. That too. I imagine I can smell a trace of rosewood, too, and something fresh and green flashes in the background like a hint of freshly cut grass. Vanilla, but not a sweet, light one, as one associates it with grannies delicious biscuits, but a dark, warm, very earthy vanilla. Quiet and spicy, that's how I would describe my impression.

That was really the opposite of what I had expected, but I was - and still am - taken with this fragrance. It is fascinating how differently people perceive such a composition; it is as if Cašmir was music, and I would not be able to perceive the higher frequencies; as if head notes and large parts of the heart note were simply unscented for me.

The most apt association I can find with Cašmir is the smell of a bathing jetty on a hot summer day, when you just get out of the water, lay on the warm wood and let it dry in the sun. That evening I went to bed with a hint of cašmir on my skin (which I always do with new scents) and looked for the hidden fruits and flowers while falling asleep. They had to be there somewhere, right in front of me! I didn't find it. But I dreamed of a day at the lake with its sweet, deep secrets...

The next day (a Saturday) I wanted to find out if I had become just nose-blind in the end (a horrible performance!), fogged me properly with Cašmir and held out my wrists to my husband who was waiting for me downstairs (we were just about to go shopping). As I am, as I have said, a fan of heavy fragrances, but in order not to disturb my environment, we have an agreement that he must warn me at all costs should I overdo it. I also like to play the "What am I wearing today?" game. He sniffed. "Hm" he did and buried his nose in my throat and in my hair. "Hmmm." He looked at me. "That's a trick question! You're not wearing anything today, right?" it came out triumphant. "But your new cream smells really nice. Do you make me one of those?"

Cašmir is not only so inconspicuous in my nose that one could safely go on a coffee ride with strict monastery sisters without even risking a raised eyebrow. But the big end, ladies and gentlemen, is yet to come. Cašmir is a real noble wood vanilla stealth bomber, with which you can get under the radar of any internal and external chaperones directly to this place of magic beyond the everyday life. Just let it work a little. My husband looked at me as if we had just met, buried his nose in my throat and hair again, the mild morning autumn sun was shining outside, and the Saturday shopping was waiting for us. But we, we were suddenly disinterested in shopping, autumn sun, apartment cleaning and Saturday business as usual, the door to everyday duties closed gently, and what remained were dark, earthy vanilla and fine woods and a rather unusual weekend.

By the way, we did all the shopping that day with barely any effort. A few days later I repeated the experiment (scientifically speaking, an experiment must be repeatable so that one can speak of a non-random result, hihi), and my respectful conclusion is: I will never wear Cašmir in the office - and certainly not if I ever take part in such a thing, on a coffee ride in a bus full of nuns. :)
Erotic cuddly vanilla Casmir
Since yesterday it is wet and cold rainy weather with us. Gone are the tropical nights (thank God!)...The opportunity to wear such a real firecracker again. My eyes wandered over the bathroom shelf and I freed Casmir from the bright red box and sprayed it on me. Mmm, vanilla!

I've known Casmir for a long time. So around 1992/93 with fifteen or sixteen I had that approximately the first time under the nose. I think it was winter when I met him. At this age I couldn't afford it yet of course and to be honest it was too vanilla for me at that time. Besides, I liked more opium back then.
But I didn't forget Casmir completely and from time to time I sniffed at the tester in different perfumeries and drugstores.
At some point my ex-husband gave it to me for Valentine's Day and I was happy about the fragrance present. The man's gone, but I still have the bottle!
I would rather describe Casmir as a light oriental vanilla scent. Not as spicy and dark as other Orientals of the Eighties/Nineties, but still very rich and luxuriant and with lots of vanilla. The hypnotic poison of the nineties, so to speak. He always had something slightly infamous, erotic about him, a "willing" aura...But the scent is also very cuddly, if you dose it nicely discreetly.

Casmir begins fruity with very ripe and juicy mangos and peaches, sprinkled with coconut flakes. Something harsh is resonating that I would ascribe to the rose geranium. I don't notice jasmine and lily of the valley, they probably can't really hold their own under the rule of vanilla. The base is beautifully warm and deep with lots of amber, even more vanilla and sandalwood. Besides, I'm sensing something dark woody. Vanilla is very present in the whole fragrance.
You have to be very careful with the dosage, because it looks very dominant and not very shy. My bottle is from 2012, but I still think this version is very nice. I cannot judge what it will look like with reformulations. Anyway, my bottle doesn't smell like plastic vanilla yet.
I could also find an old extrait of it, but I haven't dared to wear it yet.
The bottle is supposed to be an oriental onion tower and goes well with the fragrance.
Casmir is allowed to stay in my collection, then from time to time is me after this sexy vanilla bomb.
Journey through time
Casmir was for me the ultimate successor of LouLou as far as girl scents were concerned at that time.
I still remember that pretty much every twenty-year-old plus/minus 1 to 2 years had this perfume.

And I liked it.
It was heavy, fruity sweet and quite vanilla.
It also held a felt eternity at the young necks of the ladies.

Other times=other scents and other preferences.

But when I walk past a bottle today and smell it, I have the full booming of the 90s back in my head.
Not only private ones like girlfriends, the clique at that time, thus humans which one lost meanwhile from the eyes, but also the whole around it.

For me as a child of the 80s, the 90s were hard on music. The grunge destroys my beloved Hardrock, in the charts ran only some Dancefloor Kombos and Boygroups felt, the Techno came on and German Sprechgesang.
In the cinema, too, instead of Schwarzenegger or Stallone against the rest of the world, it was Brad Pitt in Lenden der Leidenschaft or di Caprio in Titanic who was said to be the most passionate But everything was not wrong, there were also great things like Metallicas Black Album or movies like Bad Boys, The Rock or Face off-Im Body of the Enemy.

I don't even want to talk about fashion. Bufallos, pacifiers and flannel shirts were to be seen at every corner at that time.

What does that have to do with Casmir? Anything! Because this scent transports me back there and sometimes I smile and sometimes I just shake my head. What has remained is the love of this fragrance and the memory of a time that is sometimes still so present in the mind, but that has gone by forever.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
I wonder why this perfume does not raise more sympathy. It has a legion of lovers but also a radical group of haters. Wonderful oriental!
CatarinaCatarina 13 months ago
Un underrated very feminine gourmand fragrance strong on vanilla, florals and fruits. It's very oriental and a precious inexpensive gem.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 23 months ago
I owned a miniature of the original version of this scent: I loved its warm and sweet-oriental notes and the touch of peach.Gem.
ReniferkaReniferka 2 years ago
Lancaster version (old): stunning opoponax & smoky vanilla, Coty (new): vanilla cream pudding with peaches on top. I love the old one.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
Vanilla lovers, rejoice! Opens with a big, boozy vanilla...dries down to a sweet vanilla finale. Wonderful!
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Shocking vanilla opening with overripe peach. Settles into a plasticky, peachy fruit compote.

by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Mein Vintage-Schatz. Wenn ich ihn trage, lacht die Sonne in meinem Herzen.
by Pollita
by bloodflower
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Cašmir (Parfum) by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Enchanted by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Vétiver d'Haïti au Thé Vert by Chopard