Cašmir 1991Parfum

Cašmir (Parfum) by Chopard
Bottle Design Caroline Scheufele
Cašmir (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 1991. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Lancaster.

Michel Almairac

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 12.11.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard, which differs in concentration.

Pollita
What does perfection smell like?
Perfection? Does that even exist? What is perfect? What does it look like and how does it smell perfect? The extract of my life scent Casmir by Chopard, which is now after a long search also part of my collection, is in any case olfactorically very close to perfection for me.

Casmir is no longer a fragrance associated with luxury. In my youth, it was already very expensive as an eau de parfum and for me, then still a student, almost priceless. Today, this former dream fragrance of the Swiss watch and jewelry manufacturer can be found on the lowest shelves of the drugstore and on the rummage tables at low prices.

Of course, this is not the Casmir from back then. It is a reformulation that I have still not sniffed out myself and, God forbid, I do not even want to do so. I am satisfied with various dupes that I have had the opportunity to get to know, which should come very close to the current formula. And yes, if the new formula goes more or less in this direction, then I also understand the often massive rejection that this scent is met with today.

But if you know the vintage version of this fragrance, or even the extract that reproduces it in its most beautiful form, then you can only love it. I dreamt of the Extrait already as a young woman. But by the time I could have afforded it after school and university, it was no longer available.

Just like the vintage EdP, the Extrait is characterized by a wonderfully fruity start. I have always loved this peach note at Casmir with all my heart. A sweet, juicy, peach - beautiful to bite into. The blossoms work more in the background and take away the attribute of a typical oriental floral scent, because if Casmir were that, I probably wouldn't have found it so easy to access it. The coconut is also the one who keeps a low profile. Not my dearest friend in the fragrance, but here you can only guess at it and that's all I need. Because especially the distinct coconut note is very annoying for me with various dupes.

The longer the fragrance is on the skin, the more potent the vanilla note becomes. With Extrait, it is held in check even more finely by the woods, patch and amber than with EdP, so we never turn in the direction of a sweet or food-safe scent. Casmir in this formula wasn't and isn't a gourmand either, but a sensual, very feminine, oriental perfume. It was created by Michel Almairac at a time when oriental fragrances were not yet characterized by a superficial oud note. Apart from peach, what I love about Casmir is this enchanting vanilla-patchouly combination, which I've never seen in a perfume like this before.

What the Extrait is for me, you can't copy that. It's so incredibly beautiful, I'd almost say it's perfect.

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Aigle Impérial by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Enchanted by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Rose Seljuke by Chopard