Cašran 2000Eau de Toilette

Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard
Cašran (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chopard for men and was released in 2000. The scent is oriental-spicy. It was last marketed by Lancaster.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Coriander, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesDate, Cherry, Plum, Chocolate
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor and model Atesh Salih.

Hopelessly derelict..
...I've always been one thing. Since the fragrance has not been on the market for a long time, I can unfortunately not answer the question about the most beautiful men's fragrance today, because for me it is and remains Cašran forever. My mother brought this fragrance immediately after its launch in 2000. We were all delighted. And since then it was the signature scent of my better half until it disappeared from the market. I got to know my partner with a different scent, but it was this one that stayed with me forever and with which I still associate the most beautiful time of my youth.

Chanelle has already mentioned in her commentary that this was a fragrance for men to marry. Full approval! In 2006 I married Mr. Pollito.

First of all, I would like to emphasize that although the fragrance suits nice men perfectly, it is still very noticeable and not exactly quiet. I would almost describe it as the forerunner of JPG's Le Male, even if that might sound a bit harsh at first. Le Male was and still is worn by a completely different clientele. But the fragrance - clean, well-groomed and yet with a certain sweetness that catches the eye and a strong sillage - is not so different for the two in principle. With one very clear difference: Cašran is clearly the spicier of the two. We have cardamom for the first time in the opening and not too short of it. Not quite as crunchy as with L'Occis Eau de Baux, but the cardamom note is clearly in the foreground. Cašran, however, drifts more into sweetness early on, without becoming too sweet, at least for my taste. I like the dried fruits and also here we have a very pleasant liquoriness through the rum. So I like to take a nose more. Cheers! The scent lasts incredibly long. I could still notice it clearly on my sweetheart the next morning. Many fragrances (especially EdTs) can't do that anymore today. Also in my collection there are only a few that last this long. The wonderful base note of Cašran with vanilla and sandalwood in a duet, accompanied by fine, sweetish amber, I could always sniff it the next day. For me this was synonymous with "my darling is with me, everything is wonderful."

A creation of Nathalie Lorson, one of her earlier ones, I suppose, because her signature is behind many of the fragrances that enjoy an excellent reputation today. It's such a pity that this fragrance left us so early. I don't think he had that many fans, because I didn't really get to smell him that often, except for my partner. Occasionally it still met me here and there, and I always found myself wanting to run after the wearer's nose, that's how strong my bond is with this fragrance. But I am also glad that it has gone off the market and that we don't have to put up with a very spooky reformulation today that makes the real Cašran unrecognizable. If it still existed today, I would wear it too. Together with my beloved. This is definitely one where Partnerlook works very well.

Unfortunately I have never found a comparable scent. But as I wrote above, maybe that's a good thing. Because sometimes the memory is simply more beautiful.

Anise and Powder...
This one is not a bad scent, but it is quite disappointing. I get a lot of semi-sweet licorice-like anise, chemical powder and nothing much else. The scent pyramid has a lot of notes that I just do not smell, and it is missing the anise that I definitely *do* smell... Quite linear, and somewhat classy but not distinctive. There are many better gourmands out there, but I haven't thrown out my bottle of this stuff from a blind buy purchase years ago, so I can't completely dislike the stuff... Maybe it is the fancy bottle? I would say this is 2.5 to 3 stars out of 5. Not hideous, but also not recommended.

Mein Herzensduft, der jede Nacht besonders macht. Für Fresh @night
by Pollita
Ein wundervoller Zauber steckt in diesem Duft.
by Pollita
simply pale - chopard
stunning color games - Chopard
simply pale - Chopard 2
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Enchanted by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Rose Seljuke by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard