Heaven (1994) Eau de Toilette

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chopard for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-aquatic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Rosewood, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.06.2019

7.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Muff Ti
....the sprayed strip of cardboard waved under my nose, no, something heavenly, hadn't what I noticed there.

It was very earthly, actually more underground, musty, musty, damp cellar. As time went by, there was no change. A scented mummy.
A physical examination could not take place, because the usual locations for such an undertaking were already occupied.

So I turned back to my real goal, the purchase of a bottle of 'Jazz'. My stock ran out and should be refilled before the last sprayer.

But... I got a sample of 'Heaven' on the way home. The sprayed strip of cardboard also accompanied me out of the house and found in the next public trash can, a probably temporary domicile.

The rehearsal was forgotten.

When jazz had done its last sparkle, I wanted to defoliate its successor, and I came across the test 'Heaven'..... Try, actually not!

Nevertheless, the possibility of quickly removing the scent was not far away. So I sprayed on it.

At the beginning again the damp cellar, but then, the ingredients began to announce themselves. It was like an orchestra playing in, a little lemon here, bergamot also played in, cyclamen, jasmine, everyone wanted to draw attention to themselves briefly. Some sweet tones from the amber. Quite shallow, the concertmaster stroked musk before himself.

Finally, the cedar stood at the conductor's desk and brought order into it. Each nuance was placed in its place and used according to its possibilities, resulting in a magnificent scent orchestra.
Why hadn't I noticed before?

Heaven' had become one of my favourite fragrances.

I wasn't prepared for a new scent at the time. But since then I always go 'unscented' when I plan to enter a scented temple. There's nothing like the body test and I can hold out to the base.

And then came the day when I stood in the scented booth with my mouth open. "What set, after such a short time!"

On the following weekend, I have brought several kilometers behind me, in order to get perhaps nevertheless still, one or other bottle. I have returned home without hunting success.

The next Monday, I went to the small perfumery across the street, not fifty meters away, to get a neutral aftershave and I had an unexpected encounter with two bottles. I then immediately carried them to Haue, as a tribute, there was another half-filled tester.
But I still made booty!

I didn't want to take the risk that the treasures would tip over at some point and have used them up now.

Why did he disappear so quickly?

Maybe it was the top note. Very often fragrances are judged and bought by the normal buyer, yes only after this. Harry Potter, in this context, would probably be reading about Muggels.
With today's fragrances, I have the feeling that they are specially trimmed for quick sale, on the top note.

Maybe he became a victim of the cardboard strip test, he really didn't develop on the strip. Or was the 'Blue Competition' of 'Cool Water' and 'Nightflight' too powerful. They always had the better seats in the showrooms.

After all, there's a good one. I guess that saved him a lot of adjustment. He is remembered, by all who know and appreciate him, in his original form.
... recently an old friend called me, in his father's estate, he had found a perfume. "I'm not such a friend of it," he said, "do you want this?" My answer: "I'll pick you up, but I can also drop you off."

When I saw the box (UVP), I stood there again with my mouth open.

Heaven' is back under 'have I'!

9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Heaven by Chopard
Now I have just written something about Sumatra Rain, there Heaven of Chopard should not be missing. Both 90s smashers, but Heaven is of course a completely different league. But marketing was the same for both. Take an extremely good looking longhaired guy that was trendy in the 90s and knit the advertising around it. Et Voila: The mille flutter into the house.
Heaven, however, deserved that. This perfume is a world class fragrance. The bottle matches the marketing and the character.
Each 50ml bottle was for me like a treasure at the age of 18/19 years. To take off the black cap and press on the black plastic atomizer and out came this awesome fresh scent with the intense tonka bean. And not only that. It would also be the perfect scent that served the image of us long-haired surfers. It was the perfect perfume and it smelled so extremely good. This fragrance is so unique and good that it leaves me speechless. With Heaven, compliments were safe!
Heaven is still one of my top 3 fragrances and livetime favorites! Even though I had him for a while in the 2000s. Too stupid 'cause that's where I should have bunkered.
And I don't even have a bottle of that great perfume from days gone by. :-(
Why did they have to stop that of all the fragrances on the market?! Real full posts at Chopard.
4.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Rightly an icon
Since aquatics are often no-brainer for me, according to the motto "Shower gel-like smell always works somehow (if it is beautifully made)", I am always very sensitive when an aquate gets special praise here. Because then he often has something special to offer, which makes him too much more than just a freshness kick.

Among many reasons why you can find a fragrance especially good, it is in the case of this one I think that it somehow... is iconic. It has such a balanced spiciness interwoven with the freshness that runs across the layers of fragrance (rosewood, cedar, lavender, I would say) that it is a kind of "standard". Like maybe Cool Water, just more puristic and bitter, Cool Waters could be predecessor. Somehow *the* man scent.

Yes, fresh-spicy, classic but not barbershop... more so a clear generation later, something my dad would have worn casually with a three-day beard. :)
What you really have to give credit to the fragrance is that it has aged quite well. It is still very wearable today, I think if you wear it nowadays, it feels a bit like wearing Fierce. Only where Fierce comes along like a young man in a checkered Hipster woodcutter shirt (politically correct, I am a Hipster myself and a dear Fierce...), Heaven is his father - who is actually a woodcutter and has a firm grip!

I don't know why this is all about fathers all the time haha... :D But it just fits. And no, my father's not a lumberjack. P

The fragrance reminds me most of Creeds "Viking", Burberry's "Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette)". On the re-test, the memory of Viking was more similar than the scent itself now...but I find Burberry amazingly close in the drydown,- but less aquatic.

Funnily enough, I don't find the name soooo fitting here... the sky I imagine is softer, it comes over more like a rocker just climbing from the Harley Davidson and knocking at the sky gates to see if the bar is open. ;P

Sillage is very good but not "Terminator grades". Shelf life okay.

by Benito0607
by Taurus1967
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Chopard

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Wish by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Madness (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Happy Spirit by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Infiniment (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Wish Pink Diamond by Chopard 1000 Miglia by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Noble Cedar by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard