Heaven (1994)Eau de Toilette

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chopard for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-aquatic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Rosewood, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.08.2020.

ScentPhantom: An Obituary
As you probably all have noticed - at least those of you who knew him here - our dear Carsten aka "ScentPhantom" is no longer active at Parfumo. It's true, he actually logged out and deleted his profile. Yesterday I wrote with him - quasi at the last minute - and he just told me that he would log out and that you can still write via mail. After the "why" I didn't ask him, that's not important. The important thing is that one of the most attentive perfumers has left the community. One who appreciated almost every comment and statement. And by that I mean appreciating in an all-round positive sense. He or she has always confirmed the author positively in the description of the fragrance and if only very professionally criticized. A way, as it is unfortunately not to be found with everyone here. He also always knew his way around analyzing scents, as his great comments testified. For these reasons I am really very sad that he is no longer here and contributes with his positive nature to the high level of this site. Hence this obituary, which is deliberately dedicated to one of his favourite scents, the "Heaven".

++++++++++++++Heaven++++++++++++++++
Rightly he once dedicated a very affectionate comment to him, which also prompted me to rehearse. We are dealing here with a fresh scent, which fortunately does not drift fully into the aquatic. You can also recognize the signature of the past 90s and whoever smells it will immediately notice that it no longer seems quite contemporary. Nevertheless it is unbelievably beautiful, the "Heaven". It has something very own and really seems to be removed from the world and belongs to the sky. It also seems a little bit sweaty, yet not unpleasant. This is mainly due to the flowery notes, which give the fragrance a special note. Consequently, it is rather flowery and fresh than aquatic. It belongs - like Versaces "Dreamer" - to the series of fragrances that invite you to dream and are more suitable for private use. Lying nicely on the sofa and letting your thoughts fly. High up to the heavenly angelic choirs. Sounds pompous, but matches the fragrance! All those who expect a modern or tyoically fresh scent here will be very disappointed and might turn up their nose, so be careful when testing and read the other great comments thoroughly before!
If I press send right away, it would normally not take 10 minutes and I would have a comment from Carsten to read below. Probably he would have written something like: "an excellent scent, which you described lively and fittingly in your comment!" Or he would have added something suitable - something missing from my description, of course polite and non-determining or even boorishly contradicting.

I think there will be some others who will also miss him very much and would be happy to read something from him again. Maybe he will come back, if not, we can learn from him. Learn to treat each other with respect. Not always to insist on one's own right and not always to be of the opinion that one can best understand and describe the fragrance. We can learn that everyone here has a subjective perception, which the scents together make more and more accessible. We should respect this - as he always did - and see it as enrichment.

In any case, I am happy to have experienced and learned a lot through Carsten and I am also very grateful for this heavenly scent tip!

Have a nice evening nice dreams

"I Am in Heaven"; "I Am in Heaven"...
Heaven by Chopard
Now I have just written something about Sumatra Rain, there Heaven of Chopard should not be missing. Both 90s smashers, but Heaven is of course a completely different league. But marketing was the same for both. Take an extremely good looking longhaired guy that was trendy in the 90s and knit the advertising around it. Et Voila: The mille flutter into the house.
Heaven, however, deserved that. This perfume is a world class fragrance. The bottle matches the marketing and the character.
Each 50ml bottle was for me like a treasure at the age of 18/19 years. To take off the black cap and press on the black plastic atomizer and out came this awesome fresh scent with the intense tonka bean. And not only that. It would also be the perfect scent that served the image of us long-haired surfers. It was the perfect perfume and it smelled so extremely good. This fragrance is so unique and good that it leaves me speechless. With Heaven, compliments were safe!
Heaven is still one of my top 3 fragrances and livetime favorites! Even though I had him for a while in the 2000s. Too stupid 'cause that's where I should have bunkered.
And I don't even have a bottle of that great perfume from days gone by. :-(
Why did they have to stop that of all the fragrances on the market?! Real full posts at Chopard.
Rightly an icon
Since aquatics are often no-brainer for me, according to the motto "Shower gel-like smell always works somehow (if it is beautifully made)", I am always very sensitive when an aquate gets special praise here. Because then he often has something special to offer, which makes him too much more than just a freshness kick.

Among many reasons why you can find a fragrance especially good, it is in the case of this one I think that it somehow... is iconic. It has such a balanced spiciness interwoven with the freshness that runs across the layers of fragrance (rosewood, cedar, lavender, I would say) that it is a kind of "standard". Like maybe Cool Water, just more puristic and bitter, Cool Waters could be predecessor. Somehow *the* man scent.

Yes, fresh-spicy, classic but not barbershop... more so a clear generation later, something my dad would have worn casually with a three-day beard. :)
What you really have to give credit to the fragrance is that it has aged quite well. It is still very wearable today, I think if you wear it nowadays, it feels a bit like wearing Fierce. Only where Fierce comes along like a young man in a checkered Hipster woodcutter shirt (politically correct, I am a Hipster myself and a dear Fierce...), Heaven is his father - who is actually a woodcutter and has a firm grip!

I don't know why this is all about fathers all the time haha... :D But it just fits. And no, my father's not a lumberjack. P

The fragrance reminds me most of Creeds "Viking", Burberry's "Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette)". On the re-test, the memory of Viking was more similar than the scent itself now...but I find Burberry amazingly close in the drydown,- but less aquatic.

Funnily enough, I don't find the name soooo fitting here... the sky I imagine is softer, it comes over more like a rocker just climbing from the Harley Davidson and knocking at the sky gates to see if the bar is open. ;P

Sillage is very good but not "Terminator grades". Shelf life okay.

ElysiumElysium 129 days ago
A '90s unordinary scent, men's but floral. The scent for hedonists, this is not kind of scent to please the crowd, just to enjoy yourself.

by Ulysses
by RobK
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Chopard

Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Enchanted by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Happy Spirit Magical Nights by Chopard