Heaven (1994)Eau de Toilette

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Chopard for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-aquatic. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Rosewood, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.01.2020.

7.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

ScentPhantom
From the cellar to the sky
... the sprayed strip of cardboard waved under my nose, no, something heavenly, did not have what I perceived there.

It was very earthly, actually more underground, musty, musty, damp cellar. There was no change as time went on. A mush of scent A physical examination could not take place, because the usual locations for such an undertaking were already occupied.

So I turned back to my original goal, the purchase of a bottle of 'Jazz'. My supply ran out and should be refilled before the last sprayer.

But I got a sample of Heaven on the way home. The sprayed strip of cardboard also accompanied me out of the house and found in the next public wastebasket, a probably temporary domicile.

The sample was forgotten.

When the 'Jazz' had done its last spray, I wanted to defoliate the successor, and I came across the sample 'Heaven' . Trying, actually not!

Nevertheless, the possibility to quickly remove the scent was not far away. So just spray it on
At the beginning again the humid cellar, but then, the ingredients started to show up. It was like an orchestra playing in, here a little bit of lemon, bergamot also played in, cyclamen, jasmine, everyone wanted to draw attention to themselves for a moment. Some sweet tones of amber. Very shallow, the concertmaster stroked Moschus
At last, the cedar stood at the conductor's desk and brought order to it. Every nuance was placed in its place and used according to its possibilities, resulting in a wonderful fragrance orchestra.
Why hadn't I noticed this before?
'Heaven' had/have become one of my favourite scents.

At that time I was not prepared for a new fragrance. But since then I always go 'unscented' when I intend to enter a scented temple. There's nothing like a body test, and I'm gonna make it to the base.

And then the day came when I stood in the fragrance booth with my mouth open. "What set, after such a short time!"

The following weekend, I covered several kilometres to get hold of one or the other bottle. I came back home without any hunting success.

The following Monday, I went to the small perfumery opposite, not fifty metres away, to get a neutral aftershave and I had an unexpected encounter with two bottles. I immediately took it home, as a bonus, there was a half-filled tester, carried home.
But still booty made! br />
Why did he disappear so quickly?
Maybe it was the top note. Very often fragrances are judged and bought by the normal buyer, yes, only by this. Harry Potter, in this context, would probably be reading about Muggles.
With today's fragrances, I have the feeling that they are trimmed to the top note especially for the quick sale.

Maybe he has become a victim of the cardboard strip test, on the strip he really did not develop. Or was the 'blue competition' of 'Cool Water' and 'Nightflight' too powerful. They always had the better seats in the sales rooms.

At least one good thing about it. He was probably spared many adjustments. He remains, with all who know and appreciate him, in his original form in the memory.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Heaven by Chopard
Now I have just written something about Sumatra Rain, there Heaven of Chopard should not be missing. Both 90s smashers, but Heaven is of course a completely different league. But marketing was the same for both. Take an extremely good looking longhaired guy that was trendy in the 90s and knit the advertising around it. Et Voila: The mille flutter into the house.
Heaven, however, deserved that. This perfume is a world class fragrance. The bottle matches the marketing and the character.
Each 50ml bottle was for me like a treasure at the age of 18/19 years. To take off the black cap and press on the black plastic atomizer and out came this awesome fresh scent with the intense tonka bean. And not only that. It would also be the perfect scent that served the image of us long-haired surfers. It was the perfect perfume and it smelled so extremely good. This fragrance is so unique and good that it leaves me speechless. With Heaven, compliments were safe!
Heaven is still one of my top 3 fragrances and livetime favorites! Even though I had him for a while in the 2000s. Too stupid 'cause that's where I should have bunkered.
And I don't even have a bottle of that great perfume from days gone by. :-(
Why did they have to stop that of all the fragrances on the market?! Real full posts at Chopard.
4.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Rightly an icon
Since aquatics are often no-brainer for me, according to the motto "Shower gel-like smell always works somehow (if it is beautifully made)", I am always very sensitive when an aquate gets special praise here. Because then he often has something special to offer, which makes him too much more than just a freshness kick.

Among many reasons why you can find a fragrance especially good, it is in the case of this one I think that it somehow... is iconic. It has such a balanced spiciness interwoven with the freshness that runs across the layers of fragrance (rosewood, cedar, lavender, I would say) that it is a kind of "standard". Like maybe Cool Water, just more puristic and bitter, Cool Waters could be predecessor. Somehow *the* man scent.

Yes, fresh-spicy, classic but not barbershop... more so a clear generation later, something my dad would have worn casually with a three-day beard. :)
What you really have to give credit to the fragrance is that it has aged quite well. It is still very wearable today, I think if you wear it nowadays, it feels a bit like wearing Fierce. Only where Fierce comes along like a young man in a checkered Hipster woodcutter shirt (politically correct, I am a Hipster myself and a dear Fierce...), Heaven is his father - who is actually a woodcutter and has a firm grip!

I don't know why this is all about fathers all the time haha... :D But it just fits. And no, my father's not a lumberjack. P

The fragrance reminds me most of Creeds "Viking", Burberry's "Burberry for Men (Eau de Toilette)". On the re-test, the memory of Viking was more similar than the scent itself now...but I find Burberry amazingly close in the drydown,- but less aquatic.

Funnily enough, I don't find the name soooo fitting here... the sky I imagine is softer, it comes over more like a rocker just climbing from the Harley Davidson and knocking at the sky gates to see if the bar is open. ;P

Sillage is very good but not "Terminator grades". Shelf life okay.

by Ulysses
by RobK
by Nyze29
by Nyze29

Popular Chopard

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Madness (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Happy Spirit by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Infiniment (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Wish Pink Diamond by Chopard 1000 Miglia by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Noble Cedar by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard