Madness (2001) Eau de Parfum

Madness (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard

Madness (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 2001. The scent is spicy-sweet. It was last marketed by Lancaster.

Top Notes Top Notes
Heart Notes Heart Notes
Base Notes Base Notes

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.06.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Madness (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Madness (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard, which differs in concentration.

MisskMissk 7 years ago

„Complex madness”

Madness represents my childhood in lots of ways. Not in the mad aspect but from the way it smells. From the first spray on the skin this fragrance was strong...
EvaKEvaK 5 years ago

„Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”

8.0 6.0 9.0 10.0/10

Madness? Madness!!
I love this scent that I didn't even buy myself. My husband gave it to me when the perfume came fresh into the perfumery. I wonder if that was a good idea With "Madness"??

Oh, Madness, it went well. This fragrance was simply fragrant, not only on the bottle but also on my skin :)
I was there and gone and this madness became my daily autumn-winter companion; in the morning after showering and dressing fix a spray of madness on the décolleté - splendid.
Only this lightly peppery lychee and very slowly the warmth from the rosewood comes with a little bit of cotton candy scent... Exactly what I need on the dull autumn/winter days.
Madness lasts with me very long. Strangely enough, it is also a fragrance that I can still perceive on myself even after a long time.
For going out to dinner, to an invitation or so then comes an extra spray in the hair - ready.

This fragrance is unmistakably mine and I have still a supply put on ... Too bad, I almost always have the bad luck that production is stopped by fragrances that are super compatible with my skin...
LG
7.5 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
I would say that Madness really has a split personality, so the name fits juice very well! The way it develops is shocking every time I wear it. The opening is sharp like a razor, as nose-burning as the smell of wasabi. (No, it does NOT smell like wasabi at all! It's just the best example I can give.) To be honest I find that opening to be the worst and most godawful I've encounted to this day. It takes a long time - up to 45 minutes mintues before it changes noticably. At that point it turns into a very soft, non-offending skin scent - that type of scent that is hard to remember the next day. Odd, but definitely interesting. I've given it several chances, but I have to give up. Most of the time I can wait for an umpleasant opening to wear off, but not this time. The heart and base aren't interesting enough to be worth the suffering, especially not when it takes this long. Not recommended as a blind buy! Still, it's very pleasant if you can wait for it. But in case you like the opning, there's a risk you will be disappointed later on. Normally I'm fond of "chameleon fragrances" as I call them, but sadly, not this time.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Mad in a Good Way
Chopards Madness is a bit mad, in a good way. When first sprayed you think it's pepper-spray (literally) but hold on! Give it a chance! If you allow it to settle, a beautiful rosewood note thanks you for it and gets slowly accompanied by hibiscus and something sweet, not cotton candy to my nose but definitely litchi. This one is not for everyone, you could even say it's an acquired taste.

I love notorious Ladies like: Cabochard, Bandit, Magie Noire, etc. so, I am not quickly daunted by "heavy" characters and this one is a heavy character for sure, bordering on unisex but somehow a strong feminine, elegant dry down prevents it from being too masculine. This one is best 'let out' during evening, and is definitely one you should not buy blind!
The silage is great, the longevity is 5+ hours on me. It's a powdery pepper with a woodsy (almost incense-like) edge, wrapped in a hint of florals and sprinkled with a dash of litchi. Madness, but I like it.
7.5 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Madness
This intoxicating aroma with the blendings of Pink Pepper Brazilian Rosewood rose yummy cotten candy pink litchi and i pick a scent of raspberry
in this perfume. deep sultry it wasn't
what i expected i expected more pungent
like with a cinnamon note but it a has a more deeper more laqcard woodsey
scent i just love the bottle i love
the Deep Red and the shape is a reminisence of a 1980's videogame Design i just love
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Complex madness

From the first spray on the skin this fragrance was strong and fruity. I sensed strong candied raspberry, even though it is not listed here. I was always one of those strange kids that loved raspberry cordial with only a small amount of water. I hated heavily diluted cordial. Madness is that rich, syrupy red, raspberry flavoured cordial. It smells just like it.

I can understand that for some people this is sickly, but to me this is rich and sweet, the way I like it. Slightly masculine, but feminine and elegant at the same time, Madness can be rather conflicting.

The heart of rose and hibiscus reminds me of my mother's garden before she pulled them out and replaced them with a cactus garden. I used to take the petals and mash them up in a bowl of hot water to make what I called "flower soup" as a child.

The drydown which is mostly fairyfloss, I'm sure is a smell that most people remember as a child. The woodsy notes that compliment the sugary sweet fairyfloss makes me think of a Circus. The smell of sawdust and candy polluting the air.

A strange fragrance it certainly is, but a lovely one at that. For me the experience is entirely personal, but for others you may find other similarities to your childhood and if you don't you may just like Madness simply because of the composition. Either way I recommend.

by DarkMatter
by Joseph89
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular Chopard

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Wish by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Madness (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Happy Spirit by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Infiniment (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Wish Pink Diamond by Chopard 1000 Miglia by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Noble Cedar by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard