Rose Seljuke 2018

Rose Seljuke by Chopard
Rose Seljuke is a popular perfume by Chopard for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Bulgarian damask roseBulgarian damask rose
Egyptian violet leafEgyptian violet leaf
Comorian ylang-ylangComorian ylang-ylang
Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood
CypriolCypriol
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
Brazilian tonka beanBrazilian tonka bean
Peru balsamPeru balsam
AmbroxAmbrox

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.10.2021.

Anastasija84
"The Thorn Birds" or "He who will not hear must feel" ... ;-)
-"You were and will always be my rose. The loveliest picture of a man, the loveliest thought..."
-"Oh, a picture, a thought, that's all I am to you, you dreaming romantic fool. You have no idea what love really is. Oh, go away. I can't stand the sight of you anymore. You forgot one thing in your picture of the rose. It has sharp, prickly thorns."
For me, this quote from the novel "The Thorn Birds" pretty much sums up the emotions associated with perfume. Why? Well, there are several reasons.
I like to buy "blind" and orient myself on the chords, the notes, the perfumer, but also on reviews on different platforms. Usually the strategy works, but unfortunately not always - so it happened with this fragrance.
While searching for my "perfect" rose scent, I came across a few reviews of this perfume. It was usually described as an oriental-warm vanilla rose, which for me was in effect a call to buy. The notes fit too, and I love Alberto Morillas anyway. After a lot of back-and-forth (the price is quite high after all), I decided to buy it. The package arrived and...wait, is this the right perfume? Where's the vanilla, the wärem and above all - where's the rose? What came to me was a bitter-sour patchouli scent. Dry, very dry in fact. The rose comes out a little more with time, but so minimally that I can hardly call the perfume a rose scent.
I tried it a few more times, but nothing changed. My skin simply refuses to accept the perfume.
The disappointment passed, of course. What remained is the (but again) confirmation that "blind purchases" are fun, but just can hurt :).

So, always brav before test and do not forget: every rose has thorns ;-)

Beautiful full bodied rose

I suppose this line is not very popular because of availability (where can you actually test these in store?) and high pricing. With 100 ml currently retailing at £247.00 in the UK, it is wel labove what any other brands like Lancome or Armani charge for their boutique lines.
It is worth it? No. But is it a good scent- most definitely - yes!!! It's a really, really deep and dark rose, with a touch of sweetness and a touch of woodiness. It's a relatively simple scent, but full bodied and unapologetic. It reminds me from afar Voleur de Roses, minut the fruitiness of the plum, here instead offering sweetness of tonka beans.
It's a shame it's so difficult to find and so pricey, as otherwise it would be far, far more popular, rather than restricted to those with much thicker wallets.

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Black Incense Malaki by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Cašmir (Parfum) by Chopard Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Or de Calambac by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard