Wish by Chopard
Bottle Design: Fabrice Legros
Wish (Chopard)

Wish is a perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 1997. The scent is sweet-oriental. It is still in production.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Blackcurrant, Chinese gooseberry, Japanese yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Magnolia, Osmanthus, Patchouli blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Toffee, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.02.2019

It's worth a try!
This perfume is available in many different shops at a reasonable price. So, like other ladies here, I just hit them. I find the presentation very beautiful and the pretty bottle in the shape of a crystal optically enriches my collection very much. I don't find the scent bad, but it's one of those things that I only use once in a while when I want something different. After spraying, I first get a powdery smell in my nose that I like. A short time later I can also smell flowers and a delicate note of slightly sour berries. I can also perceive a hint of incense, but really discreet and not unpleasant for me. After about an hour, the fragrance has turned into a slightly synthetic sweetness, where I think, for example, of perfumed lotion, rather less of something to nibble on. With low dosage, the smell is to be sniffed out with me only hardly and rather close to the body, after which it started with a large smell cloud. The somewhat artificial smell disappears again and leaves a hint of vanilla and amber for another 2 hours. I find the fragrance, especially for the price, very interesting and really not bad, only other fragrances I like even better. I find the totally different impressions and perceptions to the smell interesting here! I think it's definitely worth a try for friends of sweet scents!
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 4.0/10
Bitter disappointment....
I became aware of this fragrance through the (partially) positive comments. It has been described as sweet and elegant and I love to hear that when it comes to fragrances.
I was hoping this perfume would be sweet oriental.... Unfortunately it was, neither sweet nor oriental let alone pleasant!
I had gotten a sample of it and was very excited. I sprayed him on my wrist and the only thing that came to my mind when I smelled was Angel by Thierry Mugler. In my opinion Angel is much more bearable than Wish! I'm honest I just can't describe this fragrance because I perceive it very bitter, I don't know exactly which note in this perfume makes everything so bitter and partly also hot but this perfume is not sweet here in any case! The worst thing about this perfume is I got for the first time because of a smell strong nausea as well as headaches. If you like to wear this fragrance, you should continue to wear it - it's just my opinion
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Like Angel?????
I bought this 2 years ago, just because it was chopard juice ( I love their jewellery), for me it is like Amrita says it...so light, light. I don't know where the comparison with angel comes from, but I don't smell it, I just have done the test on one arm Wish and the other Angel....I don't smell it. For my nose "wish" is so mainstream, while angel is different, I have Angel and a few flankers and minis like a drop of angel etc, and I love them all, one a bit more than the other. And from my experience the men I know love them also.
But "Wish" once I asked when we were in a taxi to my male companion (I just had bought it and used it the first time) what do you think of my new perfume, he was sniffing in the air, he was sitting next to me....after a few seconds he said "I think you have to use a bit more because I have a hard time to detect it), and I certainly don't have a light hand, one can rather accuse me of over-spraying, I guess that says a lot about wish....still don't think Wish and Angel smell alike on my arms...The latest wish is really very light, maybe I should try to find an older edition to test..
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
So so light...
Wish is as it is available today.

I see only little sillage and longevity here; but I remember how strong and rich and delicious it felt to me when I tried Wish in rather early 2000s. It is still similar to Angel, but like a faded, synthetic dupe. Comparing the two, Wish totally lacks the depth and richness of Angel.

In its own right, Wish is still a nice gourmand; enjoyable and wearable. I think I just normally prefer headier and rather more natural smelling perfumes.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Quiet And Genteel
Wish for a soft perfume with hints of spice powder and musk, encased in an absolutely beautifully romantic bottle and Chopard delivers. This blue juice is gentle at the top yet becomes more persuasive and stronger as it melds with your chemistry.
The warmer vanilla is the pervasive note but sadly, Wish lingers only for about two hours or so. For me, this perfume rolls to a quick boil, then simmers down quickly.
Fruits of wild strawberry and gooseberry begin this fragrance, while honey adds some sweetness to this mix. Violets, orchids, and amber heavily powder the patchouli to make it a sweet and earthy fragrance.
Chopard Wish becomes cozy and intimate as it blends with you, creamier with a milky vanilla, almost a nutty finish. Brazilian Rosewood brings it all together with woods and mosses.
This is a quiet, genteel fragrance that is classic, sheer and elegant. Perfect for dinner parties, black tie affairs and where refinement is warranted. Wish sits close to the skin, projecting an effortless beauty.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Sexy Wish
Most of Chopards scents are warm, soft and incredibly sexy (Casmir, Wish Turquoise etc) Chopards Wish is no exception. It's a sensual sexy hug in a bottle, a perfume that whispers "approach me and sniff - I am sexy and impressive yet friendly".

Of course the gourmand notes that most of us associate with comfort and pleasure add to this yummy, sexy feeling;
Chocolate notes wrapped in vanilla flavored with a hint of coconut. Honey seduced by patchouli smoke. Sandalwood resting on a bed of amber. Honeysuckle telling a naughty secret to strawberry.
I could go on and on about the seductive way the notes got arranged in this 'Barry White' orchestra that plays Wish(full) music to our sense of smell.

Yes, it is somewhat reminiscent of Angel, but to me Wish is softer, powdery, more ethereal than the bolder slightly harsher Angel. Where Angel is loud and demands your attention due to sheer force of presence: "notice me! I know you know I am here!" Wish draws and keeps your attention (and enjoyment) in a more seductive and softer approach. It hypnotizes you -- slowly. Until you realize you fell in love and can't live without it anymore.

The silage is: "I am on a cloud of sheer soft sex-appeal" - Longevity is great 5-7+.Test this one and fall in love and don't forget to make a Wish ; )

NB: I almost forgot to mention the -obviously- amazingly beautiful bottle. It always reminds me of one of F. Scott Fitzgeralds stories called: "A Diamond As Big As The Ritz" I don't know why, but the bottle always makes me smile : )
Scent 4.0/10
WARNING - Over-application Danger Ahead
Chopard Wish is sweet. Super sweet. Yet I think Wish is classier & better than celeb scents du jour (Halle, Beyonce, Hillary, Brittany, Mariah, Queen). If you like that range but find the celeb scents too juvenile (no offense - I do), you might sample Wish as an alternative.

I noticed some reviews comparing Wish to Angel. On me, Angel is very patchy & Wish is very vanilla. Not sure that I agree with the comparison, particularly since the sweetness level is quite different between the 2 -- Wish is much sweeter imo. However, I could recommend trying one if you like the other or trying one if the other fails you.

I own Chopard Casmir & Chopard Casmir Pink. The Casmir line seems like the mother to the younger Chopard Wish line. Casmir is more mature vanilla and Wish is younger vanilla, but both are very good.

Unfortunately, Wish is one of the scents that I don't seem to smell on me after 30 minutes, but others can smell it on me. Is it that the sign of a linear scent? a skin's scent? a match for chemistry? a tired nose? Don't know. What I do know is that it's very risky for me to wear/own something that I can't smell ... over-application danger!

05 Sep 2010
Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
I wish you didn't smell like Angel
I was aware that Wish had some similarities to Angel by Thierry Mugler prior to testing, yet I wasn't quite prepared for how similar they actually are.

When I first applied Wish to my wrist it seriously messed with my head. I had to keep reminding myself that it was Wish that I was smelling and not Angel.

Once you get past the initial ten minutes, Wish starts to show some signs of individuality. The heart of this scent is much softer and sweeter than Angel, and dare I say, more enjoyable. It has a slight powdery softness with hints of fruit, (possibly the strawberry note). Very feminine and sweet.

Just when I started admiring this scent, the vanilla, patchouli and caramel notes emerged reminding me of another fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie, only a lighter version of that scent.

The lack of originality started to turn me off this fragrance very quickly. It's almost like Chopard has tried to create a scent that feeds off the success of both Angel and Miss Dior Cherie.

I'd say for lovers of both of those scents I mentioned above, purchase Wish because that way you'll get two fragrances in one. However, for fragrance lovers looking for something that little bit different, try looking somewhere else.

Jazzy76 18 days ago
very similar to Angel but softer and less gourmand and intoxicating. It's the typical winter scent . Very good sillage.
Precious bottle+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.0
DorothyGrace 11 months ago
Stale, dirty toffee, caramel, milk. Touch opened tin of fruit. Sticky & unclean smelling. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Absolute mess to my nose.+1
Bottle 7.0

by Schahram
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Chopard

Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Wish by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Madness (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Happy Spirit by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Infiniment (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Wish Pink Diamond by Chopard 1000 Miglia by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Noble Cedar by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard