Wish (1997)Eau de Parfum

Wish (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard
Bottle Design Fabrice Legros

Wish (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Chopard for women and was released in 1997. The scent is sweet-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Nathalie Lorson

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Blackcurrant, Chinese gooseberry, Japanese yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Magnolia, Osmanthus, Patchouli blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Toffee, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.06.2020.

Very nice scent
I don't like Angel, because he smells horrible on my skin. The top note is my fermented orange juice and it does not disappear with time. Wish smells similar to Angel, but my skin likes him strangely, also the smell of orange juice that has been rotten in the sun for days is not present. A nice scent, which is not my absolute favourite, but it is used once again.
Chanellove
Wish - a wish that came true!
Already with the extraordinary bottle I was interested in this perfume and thought that it would fit perfectly into my collection.
I have tested the perfume and was already enthusiastic, because it simply has something exceptionally beautiful about it.
So I didn't wait long and fulfilled my wish and got the perfume and I must say I am absolutely fascinated by this fragrance.
The fragrance is in my opinion perfect for the cold season, because it is very strong and it would be too extreme for the summer It is a very gourmand and sweet fragrance and with the right dosage you can smell it very well even from a distance.
In any case, it was not a bad buy and I would get it again any time, because it is also relatively cheap.
So a perfect perfume for the cold winter days.

Wish is its own person
I'm so sad that this perfume gives me headaches. It's gorgeous in many ways. Wish is a fresh, sweet scent, but not too sweet. It's a heavy smelling scent that doesn't feel heavy. It's hard to explain...
It's pear, a touch of black current, and floral notes on top. I get no exaggerated sweetness from Wish. The middle is all flower, sharpness and a slight bitterness. Lots of magnolia. A hint of something like honey or beeswax. Base is of vanilla, toffee and tonka bean. I see/smell no resemblance to Angel, to the ones comparing Wish to Angel; I'm lost. Wish is its own person.
Paris91
Sometimes I wish I were an angel...
Sometimes I wish I were you...

Nathalie is a very creative person and likes to be inspired by colours, shapes and all kinds of things.
She has her own style and always stays true to it.

It was the year 1992 when a blue star named Angel appeared. Wow, you hadn't smelled anything like that before.
For some, the first gourmand dream. A paradise of cotton candy, caramel and everything else,
who accompanied you with a splash for hours (until today). For the others the epitome of hell.

After two years Natalie was looking for new inspirations again. Recently she had brought out Bvlgari pour Femme. A solid women's fragrance with flowers. Perfect for any woman. Who wants to smell good in everyday life and at work.
But this time it should be a scent of the "reinhaut". It should be delicious, fruity, easy to bite.

One afternoon, her girlfriend came by. They ate chocolate cake and drank a coffee.
Natalie's girlfriend smelled fantastic. Yeah, her perfume had something from the fair. Sugary, caramel, slightly smoky, like the fog on the rides. So she asked her about the scent she was wearing. "Angel" answered the girlfriend. Coincidentally, the girlfriend had a little bottle with her and both were talking about the scent. It had happened to Natalie...

Weeks went by and Natalie just couldn't find any inspiration for a new fragrance anywhere.
Well, she thought she'd come up with a flacon before. So she thought of a diamond. Something new. Now all that was missing was the scent...

In spite of everything, she designed more fragrances in the coming years, which were relatively "unspectacular", because she simply couldn't get any further with her diamonds.

One night she was sitting on the couch. What was that all about? Her girlfriend's scent just wouldn't go out of her mind. When she came to visit, he was still in the room for hours.

The radio just played Angel from the Kelly Family. That only made her dilemma worse...

Oh, come on, she thought. I'll just change it a bit and it'll be a whole different scent. It won't smell like Angel.
It made it a little more fruity, a little sweeter and cuddlier.

And that's Wish! a bit more fruity than Angel, Patschouli is thank God not so represented and he's a bit cuddlier.
The durability is really no longer there after all the reformulations.
When I sprayed him on again the other day, he was out of the window half an hour later. This is also reflected in the price. You can get it for 19€ by now.

I'm neither a fan of Angel nor of Wish, but if Wish had the durability of before, I would definitely choose Wish. Yes, even if it is so similar to Angel, it is more portable for me!

The story just got to me at dinner because I don't hear any Kelly Family!!!!!
Except when I was three years old and the song came out. I have to mention that here :D
Wish-the Klunker
Wish von Chopard has been around since 1997. In 1922 Angel von Mugler appeared first and at some point Chopard rode with the upcoming gourmand wave.
I've known him before, but I never had him. And he wasn't exactly early either. But once in a while I tested. By the time I got him it was 2015 and he was of course already strongly reformulated.
It was a gift from my love for Valentine's Day and of course I was very happy. I even got a large 75 ml bottle, although I only wish for 30 ml at all times.

Wish is a very heavy, sweet, at the same time slightly bitter fragrance, which falls into the category Gourmand.
Overall, Wish is a very densely woven and compact fragrance, with which I find it very difficult to break it down into individual notes.

New version:
I smell honey-sweet, thick patchouli out here most dominant. Anyway, I think that's the patchouli that seems like honey here. There's no honey inside according to the scent pyramid. I don't take the opening notes at all, they immediately pass into the heart notes. From the flowers I take only jasmine was of course paired with lots of patchouli.
Afterwards I see Amber, who gives the whole thing even more warmth. Tonka bean and vanilla still line up.
Of course, Wish is a very synthetic fragrance, but gourmands in general are gourmands and it still appears balanced and successful. To the sweetness, which is not exaggerated as is often the case with today's fragrances, there is always a slightly bitter, dark note vibrating, as a counterpart, so to speak, so that it does not become too sweet. The toffee is probably Angel's. It's the chocolate. I wouldn't call Wish a twin fragrance by Angel. He goes in the same direction of course, but both are independent fragrances with their own character.

Vintage/old versions:
In the meantime I have also found two old flacons. Unfortunately, I don't know when Wish was reformulated. I can't tell the difference by the bottle itself, but by the packaging. While the current version has a matt dark packaging it used to be entirely in the same shade. The Chopard lettering on the new version is very large, while on the old version it was printed smaller than the Wish. At the top of the packaging is a C for Chopard on the new version, on the old one this is completely missing. At the bottom of the old version is "Lancaster-group", at the bottom of the new version is "Coty", at the bottom of the old version is sometimes a kneeling man, but not always. Which suggests he's been reformulated before. With the new one the man is of course always missing.
I also took some photos of the optical differences, which you can see if you go in the upper right under Forum.
The fragrance itself is simply rounder and fuller in vintage. I can also smell like a pear at the beginning. Nevertheless it is still good in the new version, as long as you don't overdose.
Also with my new 4 years old bottle the blue liquid has turned brown in the meantime, which doesn't matter about the scent itself. So that goes relatively fast with the decay from blue to brown.

Sillage and durability I would start with both versions in the upper middle range. I think with my three flacons I have enough Wish stock for the next few years,
MadamBou
Wish can be so wonderful...
Hello! I'm new to Parfumo and this is my first comment... Please excuse me if this does not meet all the criteria...
I've known Wish a long time, I guess, since the late '90s. My best friend buys it every now and then. When I first met Wish on her, I directly said, "Wow, what's that great perfume?" It smelled room-filling sweetish, gourmandig, sexy... simply wonderful!
When my girlfriend told me it was Wish, I ran off and tested... Unfortunately, it smelled cheap, synthetic and headache-promoting on me. Yes, almost twenty years have passed and unfortunately nothing has changed: my girlfriend smells amouage-suspicious, my girlfriend smells cheap and synthetic! And so it continues with me and my girlfriend with La Vie erst belle, Bodoir and so on. The only fragrance in this direction that smells good on me is Jil . With fragrances like Light Blue and Eau d'Hadrien, I'm ahead of the game. My girlfriend's a detergent, I'm wonderfully fine. That's the way it is, unfortunately or luckily it has only to do with the fragrance carrier...
Finchen1976
The ghost from the bottle
Wish well, a fragrance I associate with my youth or the twenties. Just like with Angel or Loulou or Cashmere. I used to own them all, liked them. All I had bought sometime again blindly or sprayed again and gave away nasümpfend or put back.

I wouldn't have thought of writing a comment for Wish, which is now available for really little money. But he ran into me again recently, in the form of a colleague at a seminar.
I was sitting next to a young man, always sniffing that way. How... strengthened shirt, freshly washed. Fresh laundry. Discreet, but soooo tasty. And not really manly. I don't know anything about that, I also ask people who are strangers in the airplane what kind of scent they wear. :-)
But: the scent was suddenly gone, but the guy was still sitting next to me. The lady next door had gone to the toilet.
Aha.

The next break I clawed the girl: "Now you have to answer me a personal question!" She opened her eyes and was completely intimidated *g* "What a perfume you have on it, you smell so incredibly delicious!!!!" Then she laughed and said, "Wish!" And then I laughed because I thought she was gonna fuck with me! It never smelled as beautiful as it did on her! The normal Wish? Never. That's what I told her. "Yes, the scent's been with me half my life, and you know what?! Everyone thinks it's so incredibly good about me, buys the bottle and then gives it to me because it doesn't smell so good on them! I rarely buy the scent myself, because this has often happened to me in my circle of friends!"

When she mentioned Wish, my brain actually connected "all the way underneath", so to speak the barely perceptible base with Wish and yes, it was him! But completely different.

The next course was to the perfumery or the drugstore, for testing.
Sprayed on and *buärks*, there it was, the incense that immediately stuck to me, which made me faint at some church walk, I hate that stuff! That smoky one with the cute one... how could I ever love that? Unbelievable. And also the berries and the patchouli... if that stuff was a booze, he'd be considered a stomach cleaner. :-)
And I like sweet scents, but that's for me personally really not sweet.

But: You have to test it yourself! With this girl he was simply divine and I would have walked to the end of the world in her shadow of fragrance, so I do not give a rating. Wish is for me once again one of the best examples that it is the wearer (or the wearer) who determines whether the fragrance is beautiful.
It's the bottle, all right. :-)

It's worth a try!
This perfume is available in many different shops at a reasonable price. So, like other ladies here, I just hit them. I find the presentation very beautiful and the pretty bottle in the shape of a crystal optically enriches my collection very much. I don't find the scent bad, but it's one of those things that I only use once in a while when I want something different. After spraying, I first get a powdery smell in my nose that I like. A short time later I can also smell flowers and a delicate note of slightly sour berries. I can also perceive a hint of incense, but really discreet and not unpleasant for me. After about an hour, the fragrance has turned into a slightly synthetic sweetness, where I think, for example, of perfumed lotion, rather less of something to nibble on. With low dosage, the smell is to be sniffed out with me only hardly and rather close to the body, after which it started with a large smell cloud. The somewhat artificial smell disappears again and leaves a hint of vanilla and amber for another 2 hours. I find the fragrance, especially for the price, very interesting and really not bad, only other fragrances I like even better. I find the totally different impressions and perceptions to the smell interesting here! I think it's definitely worth a try for friends of sweet scents!
Bitter disappointment....
I became aware of this fragrance through the (partially) positive comments. It has been described as sweet and elegant and I love to hear that when it comes to fragrances.
I was hoping this perfume would be sweet oriental.... Unfortunately it was, neither sweet nor oriental let alone pleasant!
I had gotten a sample of it and was very excited. I sprayed him on my wrist and the only thing that came to my mind when I smelled was Angel by Thierry Mugler. In my opinion Angel is much more bearable than Wish! I'm honest I just can't describe this fragrance because I perceive it very bitter, I don't know exactly which note in this perfume makes everything so bitter and partly also hot but this perfume is not sweet here in any case! The worst thing about this perfume is I got for the first time because of a smell strong nausea as well as headaches. If you like to wear this fragrance, you should continue to wear it - it's just my opinion

Like Angel?????
I bought this 2 years ago, just because it was chopard juice ( I love their jewellery), for me it is like Amrita says it...so light, light. I don't know where the comparison with angel comes from, but I don't smell it, I just have done the test on one arm Wish and the other Angel....I don't smell it. For my nose "wish" is so mainstream, while angel is different, I have Angel and a few flankers and minis like a drop of angel etc, and I love them all, one a bit more than the other. And from my experience the men I know love them also.
But "Wish" once I asked when we were in a taxi to my male companion (I just had bought it and used it the first time) what do you think of my new perfume, he was sniffing in the air, he was sitting next to me....after a few seconds he said "I think you have to use a bit more because I have a hard time to detect it), and I certainly don't have a light hand, one can rather accuse me of over-spraying, I guess that says a lot about wish....still don't think Wish and Angel smell alike on my arms...The latest wish is really very light, maybe I should try to find an older edition to test..

CatarinaCatarina 14 months ago
This is a more wearable Angel. I just love it!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 17 months ago
very similar to Angel but softer and less gourmand and intoxicating. It's the typical winter scent . Very good sillage.
Precious bottle
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 2 years ago
Stale, dirty toffee, caramel, milk. Touch opened tin of fruit. Sticky & unclean smelling. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Absolute mess to my nose.

by PennyT
by Arlufkin
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Chopard

Heaven (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Oud Malaki by Chopard Miel d'Arabie by Chopard Brilliant Wish by Chopard Wish Magical Nights by Chopard Mira-Baï by Chopard Cašmir (Eau de Parfum) by Chopard Amber Malaki by Chopard Cašran (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Cascade by Chopard Rose Malaki by Chopard Noble Vetiver by Chopard Love Chopard by Chopard Néroli à la Cardamome du Guatemala by Chopard Chopard pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Chopard Pure Wish by Chopard Vétiver d'Haïti au Thé Vert by Chopard Enchanted by Chopard Happy Diamonds (Parfum) by Chopard Happy Spirit Elixir d'Amour by Chopard