AEOOJ by Chris Rusak
8.2 / 10 10 Ratings
AEOOJ is a popular limited perfume by Chris Rusak for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is earthy-resinous. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Pinyon pine resinPinyon pine resin AmberAmber StyraxStyrax PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver MuskMusk Acetone FuelFuel

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Submitted by Maggy4u, last update on 13.09.2022.
The name means After Every Ounce of Joy (Leaves My Body).

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

weird...but dreamy...but mostly weird
I don’t want to get into the actual notes or the perfumer’s inspiration for After Every Ounce of Joy (Leaves My Body); he mentions on the site that he hides the notes in a separate link so as not to overly influence the collectors and enthusiasts who are smelling it. Out of respect for those sentiments, I will keep mum on those points and just share my experience with it …which has become one of profound obsession. Initially what I smell is an overwhelmingly acrid note, like burning rubber, but more tarry than smoky, or maybe new vinyl siding. It’s leathery and vaguely animalic and it also somehow reminds me of cold, dry air. After about 15-20 minutes, a warm, sweet skin musk emerges and it’s at this moment that I cannot stop huffing my wrist because it’s so elusive and secretive. And underneath that, there’s something even more magical, a powdery, balsamic floral-herb that I can’t put a name to, and it seems like something you might only encounter in a dream. It’s so far removed from that initial whiff of melting plastic but at the same time this whole delicious skin scent is still enrobed in a transparent PVC shower curtain, which sounds a little morbid in a Laura Palmer way, but you can’t pretend it’s not there. But like I said, I am obsessed. And Chris Rusak is a genius.

Top Review 16
The Gravitation of Life
I followed the intention Chris gave me with this fragrance - to be inspired by the gravity of my own synapses. Without using the scents to "help". And, to be honest, I'm not really interested in them either.

AEOOJ has two main sounds for me. The first is earthy with a slightly resinous background component. The second is an impression of human skin with a touch of ozonic aura.

I deliberately do not want to take a dark path of interpretation, although the name of the fragrance does point in one direction.

For me, it is how my skin smells at the end of a day in the sun and after gardening. My happy place. My little green paradise. Mixed with a walk through our nearby forest - in the embers of summer. This ozonic aura is not a "thing" of human skin alone. I experience it in the air around every living being. Every breathing creature.

So AEOOJ is perhaps the last breath of one person who transfers energy to others. The cycle of life and the connection of us all as part of the universal mother - in short: Nature.

Don't get me wrong - this is neither a forest scent nor a picture of the beauty of nature
It is the very deep profile of decay that lies in every breath. We are approaching the final reunion.

Every breath counts.
Inhale.
Exhale.
Repeat.
Over and over again.

Until there's only silence.
And after a while.
A new light.
Life.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Chris Rusak

Timbre (Eau de Parfum) by Chris Rusak Resonance by Chris Rusak Io by Chris Rusak 33 by Chris Rusak Timbre (Eau de Toilette) by Chris Rusak Relief by Chris Rusak Beast Mode by Chris Rusak Dub by Chris Rusak Bluer Skies (Whenever You're Around) by Chris Rusak Quasi una absurdia by Chris Rusak Leaves My Body by Chris Rusak