Diorissimo (1956)Eau de Toilette

Diorissimo (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Compare Prices
Diorissimo (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1956. The scent is flowery-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmaryllis, Boronia, Lilac, Jasmine, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Civet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.05.2017

This fragrance was reformulated in 2009 by François Demachy according to IFRA guidelines. Since then it is part of the collection "Les Creations de Monsieur Dior".

The scent of lily-of-the-valley cannot be extracted - there is no natural essence. It must be reconstructed to be usable in perfumery. There had been lily-of-the-valley perfumes before, but in 1956 Edmond Roudnitska succeeded with his reconstruction of this flower by using hydroxycitronellal, the main aroma component of lily of the valley, and other notes. This reconstruction was so good that it can count as the perfumers's masterpiece and reference fragrance for similar perfumes.

Christian Dior allegedly had asked for his favorite flower as a perfume. He is said to always have a lily-of-the-valley blossom sewn into the hems and tucks of his model dresses.

Scent 1.0/10
Something has changed
I used to love this in my teens, so last year spring came in the country and out of the blue I thought about Lily of the valley (men offer those flowers on May the 1ste to their partners in my country) I always loved that smell, and impulsive as I am I bought diorissimo again after many years..thinking it would have been the same as when I was a teen, whaaaw not whatsoever...I even don' t like it anymore maybe my smellsense has changed, but I smell way to much green, lucky for me I only bought a 30 ml bottle. Out off frustration I bought a cheap lily of the valley fragrance of Bronnley, at least that smells as lily of the valley, although my brother said that smelled old lady, but so what at least I can smell lily of the valley when I want now, and I can always use it as a room fragrance, which I even can't do with the diorissimo, I would not be able to stand that smell continuously in my house. Maybe if I layer the two on my skin. I am gonna try that...
Scent 8.0/10
Fleuri, fleurissime...
My passion for fragance is kind of part of my heritage...my mum is a great perfume lover, in a not-organized way as i am. She has used wonderful perfumes since i can remember, but unfortunately not as a serious collector. Now and then i go to her boudoir and always find something new, and lots of samples, and sometimes i make an exceptional finding. Like the other day, i discovered atthe bottom of a drawer, half bottle of Diorissimo. The bottle was looking old, so i asked her when did she buy it. "Your dad gave it to me a couple years before you were born" So i assume is from 1978.

The perfume has been kept in dark, cool environment, so i assume is not too adultered. It has a sharp green opening, but among the cool greenery a warm round note of muget immediately takes shape. I find the lily of the valley accord to be very good and authentic: sweet, warm, a bit fruity and not cloying at all. Diorissimo is genuinely innocent, green and romantic. A very genteel scent.

After i tried at the local Sephora the fragance as it is sold now, I have to agree with a former review. Diorissimo, while it is beautiful and intoxicating, lacks a bit of profundity in its new version. There is no shadow. I do not find this as a negative thing. Being perfume an emotional experience, all moods are acceptable. Diorissimo is a harbinger of spring. Extremely pretty, with no surprises, no edges, no twists or dark side. A muguet soliflore from the beggining to the end.

I dont have to say i kept the old bottle for myself.
jtd
Mighty/Fallen
I'm torn on this perfume. Roudnitska. He was a genius and I'm an admirer of his other work. His works typically seem to have the thoroughness that denotes a masterful technical proficiency, but also an integrity of concept and intention.

I've only smelled the recent Diorissimo EDT, and I've tried to dissect the floral notes he's used to compose this ostensible lily of the valley soliflor. I get a green jasmine, a watery hyacinth, a languid ylang ylang. No base, no underbelly, no shadow. But what I get when I step back from dissecting it smells remarkably like an air freshener. Not a chic parfum d'ambiance. I mean the electrical socket plug-in variety.

A moment of seeing how the geometric lines come together to recreate the watery yet oily feel of muguet. A moment trying to sense what Diorissimo must originally have smelled like. A long sigh. Put the strip away for a few hours and then check again. Distressing reassurance of everything I initially thought. (And yes, I tried it on skin, too.)

Sad.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
"Tu Es Partout"
Diorissimo Conjours pure White Easter Lilies Blooming and Curving
Sinuously around a Mauve Colored Bedroom In a Circular mirror Is a Girl
With her Long Blonde Hair Severely Fashioned in to Elegant Bun Applies
Lipstick of Pale Shade of Pink as she step back from the Mirror In her
Cream Strapless Heart shaped Tulle Evening gown Gently grabs a long stemmed
Lily from her White laced Gloves holds it between her hands staring at her bedroom Celling Listening
to the Tune of Edith Piaf Song "Tu Es Partout" On her Vinyl Player
Tears Rolling down her cheek as she awaits for her Lover to come back To her

Despite of the note of Civet Diorissimo Has to be the Most Ladylike of the perfume family she Uses Intrusion then Aggression, she speaks when spoken To
Piguet Bandit Is hard Butch Black Rough and Street Wise Diorissimo is Is Soft Feminine Pink and NaiveA 50's Housewife in a Bottle.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Proof Positive that I am Truly a Cow!
DIORISSIMO is so scrumptiously loveable that I must be a cow, for this is all about tiny white blossoms of lily of the valley evenly interspersed among endless fields of glistening green grass. Waves of jasmine come and go, and a bit of ylang and undetectable civet appear to add depth, but on its surface and through to its core this is a simple beauty which captivates in the manner of Bach's two-part inventions. Less is more!

DIORISSIMO is a resounding "yes" for lily of the valley lovers, and I'd certainly love to have a bottle of this.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Classic lily of the valley
This fragrance is one of those classics that capture you with its simplicity and charm rather than its uniqueness or bold new approach.

Diorissimo is the perfect example of a fresh, green floral that somehow manages to be loved by so many people even though the scent itself is nothing particularly mind-blowing.

To my nose I sense a lot of lily-of-the-valley in this fragrance. Almost the exact same smell as a flower bed just after it has been sprinkled with rain. For this reason Diorissimo reminds me of Spring.

Diorissimo settles on my skin beautifully. The scent is clean, flowery, soft, elegant and only mildly sweet. There is something slightly old-fashioned about this scent, however I feel that it transcends into the modern world with ease.

This fragrance could be worn both casually and formally, it really is a versatile scent. The sillage is not strong, just enough presence to be enjoyed by the wearer. I highly recommend.

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Pure Poison by Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit by Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior