Dolce Vita (1995)Eau de Toilette

Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Flacon Design: Serge Mansau
Compare Prices
Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette) (Dior)
Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1995. The scent is flowery-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesMagnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesApricot, Peach, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 11.06.2017

A perfume joining old and new Dolce Vita
Original 1995 Version EDT. Greens of various sorts, sweet white flowers, and cardamom, yes someone pointed that out. That is the special smell. This is a very nice light floral, uncomplicated. Classic and modern at the same time, as many 90´s creations are. This would be lovely on a young woman or older woman. It is a touch sweet for my personal taste, but a very fine creation indeed.
Scent 9.0/10
Lightly spiced fruit and wood
I don't remember where, but I once read that Pierre Bourdon submitted one of the early drafts of Shiseido's Féminité du Bois (which he composed with Christopher Sheldrake) to Dior, and it resulted in Dolce Vita.

Whether true or not, it makes sense. The relationship between the two is clear. And though Dolce Vita is a bit more mainstream, and a bit, oh, I don't know, sunnier, I think it's brilliant, too.

Dolce Vita's luscious creaminess is a result of Bourdon's artful blend of spices, fruits and woods. While I do like the opening (a rosy florality is always noticeable to me on first application), what I really love is the rounded fruitiness of the peach/apricot heart, spiked with cinnamon and cardamom, that leads right into that deep, delicious woody base. Most everyone identifies sandalwood as the primary note there, but I smell cedar, and lots of it. (Perhaps it's that Australian sandalwood? I don't know.) So yes, it's quite cedary to me, but there's also a dollop of vanilla there, and some sweet heliotrope.

This is my very favorite from Dior, and I wear it quite regularly as a daytime scent. People smile at me on elevators when they detect it.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10
Like a fine wine, it gets better and better...
In the Dior perfume line-up, Dolce Vita has to be one of my absolute favorites. It just meshes so well with my chemistry that I've used 1/2 a bottle of this beauty since May-2013! The sweet fruitiness in the heart, combined with the sandlewood and vanilla in the base makes this a hit for me. I smell a lot of apricot and peach in this as well. I personally don't get a lot of the floral in the opening notes, and overall I believe this is such a well blended perfume that nothing stands out and shouts more than any other note.

As the day wears on and it grows warm outside, Dolce Vita gets a little kick from the heat and reignites itself on my skin. Oh! I do love this perfume!
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Divine Dolce Vita
Utterly divine Dolce Vita. Just love it. Warm, lightly spiced, faintly rosy and sweet, uplifting cinnamon, woody, trailing vanilla, peachy, gorgeous, smooth as a liquer, has good strength and lasts for ages. It's 'the one perfume I would take if I were stranded in the Arctic' variation on a theme because it doesn't really suit a tropical climate.
Today I tried Dolce Vita (3rd bottle) on one hand and Chanel Allure on the other and while both vanillic, the Allure came off decidedly scratchy, thin, and second best.
A funny anecdote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... out on one of my regular Sunday afternoon fragrance trolls (what else is there to do an a Sunday afternoon?) I walked up to the Dior counter in a department store and was accosted by the Sales Assistant who immediately wanted to slap the new J'Adore all over me. I told her I didn't do flankers. She assured me it was no such thing as a flanker ... it was brand spanking new!! ????? ... "Funny that it's also called J'Adore" said I lifting the bottle of Dolce Vita to my nose with an evil gleam in my eye. "Mmmmm ... Tuberose" ... I said. She responded that it was strange that Tuberose is not in very many fragrances these days, except of course the one I was holding in my hand. Really??? I remember when SA's could tell you exactly what was in a frag and how the notes interacted. These days they know less than most of their customers ...shameful! How about this for some extra gumph direct from the Dior website:

"Dolce Vita Eau de Toilette is a spicy woody floral. The expression of happiness and joie de vivre

The top note is the first olfactory impression and the most volatile.
The heart note is the fragrance's core and lasts for several hours.
The base note lasts the longest and can be perceived in clothing for several months."

Now I have to say that Dolce Vita is probably one of my favorite Dior frags of all time (pre reformulation that is) ... I love the bottle and the joyful yellow box and I LOVE THE JUICE. I am, however, hard pressed to find a jacket that I wore a month ago with the lingering smell of woodsy notes (which is what I love most about Dolce Vita). How wonderful would that be?
Scent 2.0/10
I *should* like it. I don't.
Based on the reviews and the notes, I really thought I would like this one. Rose, Apricot, Peach, Cinnamon, Heliotrope, Sandalwood, AND Vanilla? Wow. Now that sounds like it would suit me to a T. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

There is something a bit irritating to me, perhaps cardamon? Maybe it was the cinnamon, but that would be a first with a cinnamon accord. Also, it's a bit too rich in white florals, especially LOV but I also sense jasmine. I am very sensitive certain formulations of white florals, particularly in large doses. Unfortunately, that's what we have with Dolce Vita.

I can see how many would like this - it's a well-constructed modern oriental. But it's just not for me.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sunny peach
Let's start by saying that this is a rather unique fragrance. It has a certain powdery and musky quality which could take you either side of the fence. Love it or hate it you can't deny that this is a very intriguing scent.

Sweet it definitely is, however this isn't synthetic or sugary sweet, it's more accustomed to being powdery sweet, almost a sunny and warming scent.

Peach seems to be the most dominant note to my nose. Subtle hints of rose, lily, apricot, coconut, vanilla and woodsy notes make up a majority of the fragrance. In a way Dolce Vita can be interpreted as a tropical scent, being slightly beachy.

Unfortunately this fragrance disturbs me. I'll blame it on the musky vanilla which makes me think of dark and damp cellars and second hand dress stores.

Overall, the lasting strength and sillage are equally good. Distinctive and generally well received, Dolce Vita may not appeal to me but I'm sure others will enjoy.

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Pure Poison by Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit by Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior