Miss Dior Chérie

Eau de Parfum (2005)
Miss Dior Chérie (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Where to buy?
Miss Dior Chérie (Eau de Parfum) (Dior)
Miss Dior Chérie (Eau de Parfum) (Dior)
Miss Dior Chérie (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2005. The scent is flowery-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Cherry, Mandarin, Wild strawberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Caramel, Popcorn, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.12.2016

Originally Miss Dior Chérie was an Eau de Parfum by Christine Nagel. In 2007 an Eau de Toilette was issued. Both were reworked by François Demachy (EdP in 2011, EdT in 2010) and ultimately renamed into Miss Dior (EdP in 2012, EdT in 2013). The original Miss Dior (1947) is distinguished by the addition of 'Original(e)'.

Bottle 6.0/10
Sillage 7.0/10
Longevity 7.0/10
Scent 5.0/10
Sweet and Fruity---Nothing Like the Original
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Violet, Caramel, Popcorn.

Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Amber.

I wore the original Miss Dior in the early 1980s. It was very delicate and feminine with fresh green and floral notes and a smidgen of expensive smelling leather. It was youthful yet mature and sophisticated. By way of contrast, Miss Dior Cherie smells like a candy shoppe--very sickly sweet and sticky smelling. Personally, I do not want to smell like a candy shoppe, but for those who do, Cherie is for you. Cherie may have been the fragrance for which the term "fruitcholi" was originally coined.

Dior has reformulated Miss Dior at two more times. The next incarnation is Miss Dior (new) which is a citrus and patchouli bomb that I do not find easy to wear. I have to be in the right mood with the right frame of mind to wear it. The most recent incarnation is Miss Dior Le Parfum. I very much like Le Parfum. This newest formulation is a sophisticated, sexy, womanly scent with wonderful rose and amber notes. The original Miss Dior is now called Miss Dior Originale, and I would still recommend it. I think Dior should have named all of the subsequent Miss Diors something different because none of them smell even remotely like the original, and giving them such similar names has only served to confuse and irritate most people.

Ratings for Cherie are as follows.

Fragrance: 4/10
Scent 7.0/10
Tar
1 Award
Charm married Fruits
I was searching a fresh fragrance, what can be used every day for work. I forget about wearing it, and sometimes it surprises me with its presence. I found this perfume in MISS DIOR CHÉRIE.

Top notes: only fruits. Very promising, and will not betray the buyer: fresh peelings generate a creamy yet greenish mixture. Caramel and popcorn: they grant only their resinous smack, but don't expect a gourmand excursion. Musk dominate the drydown, unfortunately it is not my favourite note, I would give higher rate if amber or patchouly were emphasized, but MISS DIOR CHÉRIE is an easy-to-wear, nice fragrance even with musk.

Many thanks to Agnou for the generously portioned sample!
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 5.0/10
Scent 8.0/10
4 Awards
Slender and chic
When I wear this flowery perfume, I have visions of a fashionable lady in a Dior outfit just like the ones he created in the Fifties. Women wore pencil skirts and put on make-up and sprayed on a scent that radiated elegance.

A fresh opening of mandarin notes lead into the heart where soft jasmine and sparkling rose notes are blended in an ebullient way. There is nothing shy about this perfume, it makes its presence known. Although there is oakmoss listed, I don't smell much of it, rather a lingering patchouli theme with a touch of amber. Sandalwood and vetiver? I don't know ... have never been good at describing notes.

This is an agreeable perfume - more suited for the young, or maybe, for the young at heart. Crisp and clean - with a stylish outfit for office wear. A daytime perfume ... leave the other Diors for the night.
Scent 3.0/10
1 Award
There Must Have Been a Mix-up at the Nursery!
If MISS DIOR CHERIE is supposed to be the descendant of MISS DIOR, then there must have been a mix-up at the nursery. All that MISS DIOR has given to MISS DIOR CHERIE are her swaddling clothes!

MISS DIOR CHERIE opens very sweet, along the lines of pineapple upside-down cake. All of the ingredients are present: the caramelized sugar at the bottom of the pan, the rings of baked pineapple, the maraschino cherry decorations dotting the center of the rings, and the moist white cake--created out of patchouli and popcorn notes.

From there, MISS DIOR CHERIE just gets sweeter, culminating in a sticky, canned pineapple juice drydown, as though a waiter carrying tall cylindrical bright-orange-and-pink-umbrella-topped cocktail glasses across the room tripped, dousing my neck and décolleté with a heavily pineapple juice-laden concoction. He offers me a wet towel, but after a diligent wiping down, the sweet stickiness remains and will only leave with the aid of a long, hot bath.

If MISS DIOR CHERIE is a chypre perfume, then Twinkies must be health food. Désolée!
Lovely
Hi Dears,
My heart have been very sad this one was reformulated. But I found very wonderfull sister for Miss Dior Cherie (2005) and its Galimard`s new Songeries. I have cherie in my other wrist and songeries in another and I assure You can not say witch one is cherie and withc songeries. And I got comforted my heart. This is very Joyfull, happy, sunny, and energic scent. And I love its positive nature and soul. **
Bottle 10.0/10
Sillage 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 10.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
Antidepressant!
Miss Dior Cherie is great!
Fragrance full of life, so joyful and bright, it would work like a good antidepressant!
Can't imagine someone wearing MDC and being sad or in a bad mood!
It's very sweet and creamy, like a candy :)
I don't actually feel cheries in it, but strawberries.
My hb always says I smell like a drunk when I wear it, but I don't mind. At least I'm one happy "drunk" ;)
Scent 2.0/10
2 Awards
Disgustingly Sweet Bleh
OMG, confectionery sweet. Too sweet. Disgustingly sweet BLEH! And I have a sweet tooth!

Wish I got the popcorn note, but I get that at the movie theatre all the time! I can hold out for the next State Fair for my fix of Caramel Corn.

Huge thumbs down. Way down. Not a good representation of Christine Nagel's otherwise excellent creations.

Feb
2011
Bottle 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Carmel Cover Popcorn
These are one of those perfumes that
has to grow on me like when i was at a
mall department store and tried this on
a test card and it smells buttery to me
so it wasn't Love at first sniff.

tested again and i Liked it maybe for a
few reasons it smelled different at the
department store 1. i was testing it on a piece of paper and 2. and i heard that some perfumes go bad in department
stores and they have to be replaced due
to exposure i think.

The opening starts with a Blast of Pineapple in a few minutes sweet succulent strawberries comes to the picture Caramel is the Basenote the drydown has a buttery Finish.
i Can't detect any floral note in this.

It has a Childlike Naivete that is
a world apart from other more mature
deeper scents it's like a candy popcorn
and chocolate shop in a small French town almost like the Movie Amilie.
it's a very whimsical scent
It brings the child out within us.
Bottle 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review
The original; the best
I do still like this fragrance, I always have, but there is something about it that isn't urging me to buy it.

Miss Dior Cherie is most definitely fruity and sweet, and certainly aimed at a younger crowd. The scent itself is quite complex and strong. The pineapple and strawberry wine notes seem to dominate this fragrance. Surprisingly I consider Miss Dior Cherie a boozy type of scent; something that would blend in well when worn to a bar.

Unfortunately I don't see myself buying this because, for starters, I have far too many fruity scents, and secondly, I'm needing a more sophisticated, wintry scent for the colder months. (This version of Miss Dior Cherie is no longer sold and has been replaced by a more watered-down version of Miss Dior Cherie, minus the strawberry and popcorn).

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) by Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior Chérie (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Pure Poison by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior La Collection Privée - Ambre Nuit by Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior