Bazar by Christian Lacroix
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
Bazar is a perfume by Christian Lacroix for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesApricot blossom, Nectarine, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Nasturtium
Base Notes Base NotesSycamore maple, Gaiac wood, Iris

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.03.2020.

Peppery and Vegetal
Bazar by Christian Lacroix is a fascinating and unique fragrance. It dares to be different, allowing the wearer to stand out in a crowd. For that reason alone, I am quite smitten.

The first time I tested this fragrance, I immediately pictured carrots. I could have sworn that there was a carrot seed accord in Bazar, because for the first few hours, it was all that I could smell. The carrot-like scent is actually a blend of peach, nasturcia and pepper. Interesting combination I must say.

Some reviewers are calling this fragrance fresh. Although it's perfectly suitable for warm days, I wouldn't call it particularly refreshing or crisp. It's oddly green and warm like a ray of sunshine. Seeming that it also smells a little bit like juicy carrot sticks, I guess you could call it vegetal too. I find it a little similar to Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes.

Towards the heart and drydown, Bazar becomes quite peppery and spicy on the skin. Although a touch sharp, once your nose becomes accustomed, you'll find the scent growing on you. Honestly, I didn't like Bazar at first, but since my second wearing, I'm beginning to discover many lovable aspects.

I like the name Bazar, I think it explains the bizarre nature of this composition well. I only hope that the male version is just as daring.

The sillage is fairly strong but never overpowering. I guess the same could be said of the longevity. I am highly impressed by this fragrance, and am even more delighted by the fact that I scored a sample of Bazar on Ebay for ninety cents. Talk about a bargain!

Originally written: July 29, 2012.

Popular Christian Lacroix

Tumulte pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix (Eau de Parfum) by Christian Lacroix C'est la vie! (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix Tumulte by Christian Lacroix C'est La Fête! Patchouli by Christian Lacroix C'est la vie! (Eau de Parfum) by Christian Lacroix C'est la vie! (Parfum) by Christian Lacroix C'est La Fête! by Christian Lacroix Eau So Couture by Christian Lacroix Eau Florale by Christian Lacroix Bazar pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix