Christian Lacroix (1999)Eau de Parfum

Christian Lacroix (Eau de Parfum) by Christian Lacroix
Bottle Design Véronique Monod

Christian Lacroix (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Christian Lacroix for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesTarragon, Freesia, Carnation, Peach, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.05.2018.

10.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Bcars10
Smells just like the beautiful bottle would have you believe! Delish!
Wow! What a gorgeous little bottle of a shell! It has some gold flecks in it. And naturally, it has been discontinued, which just goes to show you--people don't know what's good.

I smell honey. There are no honey notes listed, but that's the sort of syrupy-gooey smell I'm perceiving. I normally don't like watery florals like freesia, but the structure of the stronger-smelling florals (carnation, jasmine, ylang-ylang) drown out the freesia, thankfully. I do get a semblance of peach, which is Grosjman's signature note. I normally avoid anything with peach because it usually devolves into canned peaches on my skin, but here it's lying under the mix and not wreaking havoc. I do think it's contributing to that honey note I'm smelling, but it is not bad. I grant you, I don't like honey OR peach in my perfumes, but here there are other things happening that keep me thinking this is more of a grown-up floral. It's a bit sweet, but not too much. The tarragon is an interesting addition. It's not overtly herbal, but it keeps the sweetness dialed down. I admit: Very interesting top notes! This is definitely a 90's perfume. I miss them. Don't get me wrong: I do love many of the modern fruity-gourmands, but I long for thick florals like they used to make them in the 90's (and the 80's, to a lesser extent--Poison, Giorgio, Liz Claiborne...those were killer!!).

Sillage is impressive. It's not as bold as Givenchy Organza or JPG Classique, but it's close. The floral vibe I'm getting here is in the same vein as the Organza, but with more honey/peach and less nutmeg/floral. Both have delicious vanilla in the drydown. Mouthwatering.

Longevity seems to run all day, especially in hair. It's smells fabulous, wafting around me! I like it a lot.

I think this one could be suitable for the office, school, or church, but don't over-apply. I, personally, would wear this one in summer because I love big, loud, syrupy florals in the oppressive heat, but I know that I'm odd, and this scent may not work for everyone in high summer. It's great for fall, winter, and spring though, and also for evenings out. Or evenings in, as it's quite cozy.

Overall, I give this one a 7.5 out of 10. But it may grow on me in time. It also may be less honeyed in cold weather. I look forward to the adventure!

by GeorgeMaras
by GeorgeMaras
by Catwoman
by Catwoman
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Christian Lacroix

C'est la vie! (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix C'est La Fête! Patchouli by Christian Lacroix Tumulte by Christian Lacroix Bazar by Christian Lacroix C'est La Fête! by Christian Lacroix C'est la vie! (Eau de Parfum) by Christian Lacroix Bazar pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Christian Lacroix C'est la vie! (Parfum) by Christian Lacroix Eau Florale by Christian Lacroix Christian Lacroix (Parfum) by Christian Lacroix Bazar Summer Fragrance 2004 by Christian Lacroix Eau So Couture by Christian Lacroix Bazar Summer Fragrance 2003 by Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme (After Shave) by Christian Lacroix Bazar pour Homme (Après Rasage) by Christian Lacroix Eau Florale Bleue by Christian Lacroix