Christina Aguilera (2007)

Christina Aguilera by Christina Aguilera
Bottle Design: Marc Wittenberg

Christina Aguilera is a perfume by Christina Aguilera for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Will Andrews

Top Notes Top NotesFruit sorbet, Mandarin, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Peony, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.02.2019

7.0 4.0 5.0 6.0/10
Schwerelos
You can't be what you're not..
With this quote of the wonderful song "Drag me to hell" I want to describe the perfume spitz.

It wasn't my scent from the beginning. Of course, he is pleasant, nice and... And then I think the little sister of... is nice. Oh, you know what I mean. But that doesn't really do me justice to the smell!

For a long time, I sneaked around this very special bottle, smelled it here, tested it there. But buy? Maybe someday. In addition, a friend of mine at university always picked up this perfume. She never smelled bad, but could I have said she was wearing a perfume? At that time I loved everything with Patchouli and did not stop at the fragrance oil. Maybe they'll understand me if you take that detail into account. WUMMS against tickle - My former scent preferences against approx.

At some point in my life I arrived, the university was over, just like the friendship to the said fragrance bearer. It was shortly after Christmas, and our drugstore offered all sorts of fragrances for sale, which came in special gift boxes. So also CA.

The perfume and a body lotion for 10 Euro, why not? I had spent a lot of money on Christmas presents and the holiday had just been paid for, so why not? New year, new luck, new perfume. At that time I already used Parfumo for research purposes and it had a better rating than today, I mean even more than 7 points. So many people can't be wrong?

I was enthusiastic about applying the perfume. After my Magnifique of Lancome was used up and I didn't want to pay moon prices for a fragrance I didn't necessarily have to have, I wanted so much a new fragrance that would characterize me. And I'm always enthusiastic about new purchases in the beginning!

I even liked him at first. He's clean, well-groomed, nice... But I don't want a nice perfume, I want one with character!
In order to lend him this, I took him on holiday in spring. It's a spleen of mine, each holiday I have a different perfume and then wear it with memories of the holiday. They are quasi liquid holiday memories, and that is exactly what I want from them.

But even this charge of memories only managed to bring me back the bathroom of the hotel. I see the brown bath, beautifully done, oriental, big shower. But no, that's not how I imagined it!

There is still a small remnant in my bottle, and when I wear it, I often enough ask myself: "Why?"

The last days we were on a family visit with relatives of my husband, other side of Germany, almost a short vacation. In my cosmetic bag of my handbag there is the rest, and even now I only smell the smell, but not the pictures.

I put on this very nice scent, it stings me in the nose. Something is synthetic, then comes moisture, which at some point threatens to turn into rotten fruit. From the comments I could infer that I am not alone with this perception. But luckily this bad note flies away quickly (it doesn't last three minutes) and any vanilla note remains. Vanilla, it always works, doesn't it? Yeah, most of the time. Nevertheless, this note reminds me more of cheap vanillin than of a fresh vanilla pod from Madagascar.

The shelf life of the fragrance is rather modest, but this suits me well when it comes to using it up, otherwise it might already have ended up in the garbage. But when I replenish it after four hours, it is again easily perceptible (never more than two sprays!) without being too intrusive.

After almost three years I am happy when this fragrance leaves my collection. And it's like Lord of the Lost sing - you can't be what you're not. It should be a lesson to me to buy a fragrance that doesn't really convince me to be adapted to the mainstream. Not that I usually wear special fragrances - but every girl can wear them. If my 17-year-old niece wears it, I'll find it appropriate. She's beautiful, graceful and a little shy. Maybe that's where the scent fits, while I'm not shy anymore.

CA should be a thing of the past in a maximum of two weeks. And I won't shed a tear for her. She is like my friendship to the old fragrance bearer: quite nice, and also in retrospect nice that she was there. But nice isn't enough, and CA won't teach me anymore. And if someone walks past me with this scent, I'm sure I won't recognize the scent. Then one smells cultivated, nice - and for me not perceptible after perfume
6.0 3.0 4.0 5.0/10
Inoffensive Fruity Floral Vanilla
I can mainly pick black currant, pineapple, peony, plum and vanilla notes. The opening is fruity, even a bit too much of alchhol. Then it dries down to a lovely floral and vanilla scent, very comforting. Overall I find it sweet, but tooth-achingly. An inoffensive and affordable fruity, floral vanilla fragrance .The sillage is close to skin and the longevity is about 4h, but can reach 6h+ with a good spritz in cooler days.

Originally written in 2013
7.5 5.0 5.0 4.0/10
Not bad
I first sprayed this perfume onto a piece of card, and I was rather glad I had not sprayed this onto my skin. The top notes were extremely strong and off putting, almost knocking me out. I stuffed the card into my handbag and I didn't revisit it until I got home. When I opened my bag I was wondering what smelt so good, I was surprised that it was the Christina Aguilera perfume card that I previously detested.

All I can say about this perfume, is if you don't mind smelling like one big, overpowering black currant for the first 30 minutes of wearing it, then perhaps this fragrance is the one for you. The drydown is really worth waiting for.

Schwerelos schweben - mein Traum
Mme Aguilera mit Anhang
by Parfummaster
Du bist elegant und licht, vielleicht wirst du unterschätzt
by Santalwalti
Blumig-fruchtig-elegant-lichter Sommerduft - wirklich gut!
by Schniene