Royal Desire (2010)

Royal Desire by Christina Aguilera
Bottle Design: Gerresheimer
Royal Desire (Christina Aguilera)

Royal Desire is a perfume by Christina Aguilera for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Top Notes Top NotesMarshmallow, Blackcurrant, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckle, Iris, Lily, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.10.2017

Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 1.0/10
soft, cottony, elusive, faint marshmallow fading to nutty musk, in a nutshell
very soft, cottony marshmallow that, despite 5x3 squirts, repeated thrice in 10 minutes, remains soft and elusive. Frustratingly insipid, to be blunt (when I have just bought a bottle). Well, I suppose it might have more of a scent than Stella Nude (which scent doesn't) but, I have body lotions that have more smell than this. After about an hour the scent gets a little stronger and develops a nutty hint which develops to faint, sweet/sour musk, (musks usually smell sour to me) I can detect the soft mandarin which cuts the sweetness a bit. Powdery, floral, sweet, soft, close to the skin ie only you could smell it - I doubt if anyone you were snuggling up to would smell it, even if you bathed in it.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Sugar, marshmallows, berries, sugar, marshmallows
Once upon a time I used to adore anything sweet. These days the thought of marshmallows in a fragrance makes me cringe a little.

I really disliked Christina Aguilera's signature fragrance and Inspire, yet I found By Night much easier to stomach yet a blatant rip-off of Dior's Hypnotic Poison. I find this fragrance, Royal Desire far too sugary and fruity, like a tartier version of Mariah Carey's M.

Royal Desire hit me straight away with its fluffy, sweet marshmallows and jammy berries. I think I may have said "yuck!" out loud when I was in the store.

After some time the development does show some promise, however the marshmallows do tend to cling to the skin. Royal Desire becomes considerably warmer and more floral as the scent progresses, however it becomes more predictable too.

Towards the drydown I felt that this fragrance fell flat. Once the muskiness came through, the combination was pretty much sugar and musk.

The lasting power is so-so, and the sillage is fairly moderate. I can't say that Christina Aguilera has managed to impress me with any of her perfumes. She has an impressive voice, but the same can't be said of Royal Desire I'm afraid.

• by Tribu by Tribu