Black Sheep

Black Sheep by CinisLabs

Black Sheep is a perfume by CinisLabs for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is smoky-spicy. It is still in production.

Birch, Castoreum, Vanilla absolute, Styrax, Cedarwood

Submitted by WiB, last update on 16.01.2020.

4.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

ElderPunch
The morning after the fire
Scent evoke memory, boxes of the past stored away; when opened sentimentality, and the past into the present.

I own four Cinis Labs scents, and they all fit this. The scents are not beautiful on their own, without the references to my own boxes of past experience.

But all of them take me back in time to specific experiences.

Black Sheep reminds me, put me in frames of the past where fire was present. In particular fire on the beach, the smell of burned wood mixed with the dampness of morning and salt water, when the fire was almost out.

The smell of smoke everywhere in my slightly damp clothes, and warm skin. Stayed for days, like this scent.

If you have no reference to this scent, it may not appeal. For me it is a tool, evokes past emotion to bring into the present. Cinis scents are tools for the time traveller. They are not perfumes in a traditional sense.
5.0 8.0 1.0/10

A gift for his enemy
That smell is anything but pleasant. Never thought I'd get a 1 as a rating but here it's well deserved. I don't even dare to give away my bottling except maybe with 5 other samples and at the same time hope that the new owner used it after a long time and forgot who it came from. It worked for me, too (laughs).

It's not even a "smell," it's a "smell" that smells like smoke. Vanilla & Tonka Bean? - completely forgotten because I only perceive the smoke.
I cannot evaluate the durability because I feel bad to wear it.
The Sillage, on the other hand, could loosely have a smoke detector
to beep! Maybe I'll try mine to see if it works.

A perfume must be wearable first and foremost and not simply an experiment of meaningless ingredients just to satisfy its own egocentric "that's art" and then let it loose on humanity.

by ElderPunch
by ElderPunch

Popular CinisLabs

Fueled Up by CinisLabs Son Of a Gun by CinisLabs Frankincense Sandalwood Oud by CinisLabs Unholy water by CinisLabs Nibiru by CinisLabs Oud Black Suede Vetiver by CinisLabs Oudh by CinisLabs Forgive not Forget by CinisLabs Absinthe IX by CinisLabs Blasphemy by CinisLabs Sangue by CinisLabs Amber by CinisLabs Leather Rum Geranium by CinisLabs Aether by CinisLabs Chypre by CinisLabs Dead Wood by CinisLabs Nysa by CinisLabs Whiskey Tobacco Malt by CinisLabs Cedarwood Grapefruit Oud by CinisLabs Synth by CinisLabs