Eau Dynamisante 1987

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Eau Dynamisante is a perfume by Clarins for women and was released in 1987. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Jacques Courtin

Top Notes Top NotesCorianderCoriander CarawayCaraway OrangeOrange LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnationCarnation CardamomCardamom RosemaryRosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.09.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Tonic Water
If red Vermouth were a perfume, it might smell like this. Dynamisante is red, citrus, herbal and spicy; but softer, mellowed by sweet and woody-powdery notes.

It has a salubrious touch, which makes me think of muscle rub. And that means oil of wintergreen or Methyl salicylate, which Wikipedia describes as
‘a fruity odour reminiscent of root beer [which is often by association] called “minty” because of its use in mint candies’.

Medicinal and slightly camphoraceous - as well as herbal and softly perfumed - Eau Dynamisante was the original Clarins which fell somewhere between perfume and medication.

If you took away the red hue, and allow the green tint of herbs to come through, you might have something like l’Occitane’s Eau des 4 voleurs. This was based on a home made concoction used by a gang of thieves - who burgled plague victims during the Black Death. But even though it has ancient origins, the 4 Thieves’ Water didn’t appear until 4 years later. Dynamisante may be a perfume outlier, but it hasn’t been without influence.

I have the impression it’s not the same as it used to be. This vintage version feels richer and more powdery than the modern one, which a friend took to a clinic to recouperate from an operation. I don’t know whether it protected them from MRSA, or the Plague, but I can say they made a full recovery.
Parfumfan29
A good unisex companion for hot summer days!
I don't think you really need to introduce this scented water Nevertheless I would like to write a short commentary on this classic by Clarins!
The Clarins brand stands for high-quality cosmetics and has long since established itself in the jungle of cosmetic brands.
Eau Dynamisante is for me personally a great companion for hot summer days, and absolutely unisex for all ages.
This little water refreshes you immediately, does only good and has a vitalizing effect, is also skin caring and has a quite good durability.

After direct application, a very fresh scent unfolds through orange/peel, lemon and also spicy scents like coriander and a hint of caraway.
With me, caraway is not particularly perceptible, not even in the further course of the disease!
Pretty soon after the first impression, quite intense rosemary is added.
This herb has a wonderful spicy-citric scent aroma and together with the carnation it makes a perfect team! The citric notes like orange and lemon decrease in intensity after 20 minutes and patchouli now has its big entrance.
It is not very earthy, even musty in smell, not narcotic, or rather intense, rather warm and balsamic.
Eau Dynamisante proves to be a well coordinated water in its entirety, and for me it is impossible to imagine the summer with its often hot days without it! I also like very much that this classic does not have a pungent alcohol smell, or even contains unnatural/pungent smelling notes.
This is not always a matter of course with this kind of scented water!
It is a well balanced water, which fully expresses its naturalness.

The shelf life is quite good, 3-4 hours I perceive the scent.
The Sillage is naturally weaker perceptible..

This Clarins classic is always worth a test for both sexes!

Schnupper
Refreshing towels - but with dynamite !
Soon, very soon the summer is coming again and what kind of bottle will I dig out ? The good old Eau Dynamisante ! Brings me down wonderfully when everything is in full swing, heat, sun, sweat and sultriness, then the time has come for the red bottle.
If I take it with me everywhere, I spit it out everywhere and feel quite comfortable with it. Not too sweet, no vanilla, but herbaceous coolness.
This fragrance has really become a classic, this old-fashioned, subtle freshness Even after so many years better than eau de cologne ever was...

Bitter energy scent
My memories comes back to the Eighties , when I was just a little girl and my mother wore this fragrance expecially in the hottest days: it was her "energy scent". I didn't like it because it was too bitter and almost masculin and nowadays, after 30 years it is so. Anyway, I recognize that this eau by Clarins is really powerful and with aromacologic good effects. I think it is wearable by men too, because its spicy-aromatic-citrusy acchord is unisex.

Spray on--With Reckless Abandon!
I have been wearing a lot of chypre perfumes these cold winter nights, and it occurred to me that my very first chypre was Clarins EAU DYNAMISANTE, although it does not fit the standard profile of either chypre floral or chypre fruity perfumes familiar to me. Instead, EAU DYNAMISANTE opens as a very bracing aromatic fragrance, with lemon and caraway standing out immediately.

EAU DYNAMISANTE is marketed as a "body treatment fragrance," but it is really as much of a jolt to one's mind as to one's body, serving to invigorate and uplift the wearer. I used to spray this all over my body after every single bath. If the intense opening lasted longer than it takes to get dressed, ED would probably be too much to wear as a perfume. Happily, the fragrance settles down, leaving only a faintly floral-caraway-clean patchouli behind, one which will complement any other chypre, it seems to me. In fact, I think I'll test that hypothesis shortly...

I have consumed about ten gallons of EAU DYNAMISANTE, probably more than all of the others combined, and I still love it! When Dior's EAU SVELTE was discontinued, I started to worry that the fate of EAU DYNAMISANTE would be the same, so I began stockpiling this treasure, of which a couple of bottles still remain. Needless to say, I highly recommend this fragrance. It is bright and sharp, but Clarins uses all natural ingredients and essential oils, so there is no cause for fear that the sharpness might be due to sci-fi secret agents... Spray on!!!

1 short view on the fragrance
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 months ago
Bitter, fresh, slightly spicy and very energising, it was my mother's summer scent. I love its aromatic bouquet and the bitter orange note

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Clarins

Eau Ressourçante by Clarins Eau des Jardins by Clarins Elysium by Clarins Eau Ensoleillante by Clarins Eau Extraordinaire by Clarins Par Amour by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Toilette) by Clarins Eau Dynamisante 25th Anniversary by Clarins Eau Dynamisante Limited Edition 2018 by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2007 by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Parfum) by Clarins Eau Dynamisante Limited Edition 2017 by Clarins Eau Ressourçante Limited Edition by Clarins Eau des Jardins Limited Edition by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2010 by Clarins ClarinsMen by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2009 by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2006 by Clarins