Eau Dynamisante (1987)

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand
Eau Dynamisante is a perfume by Clarins for women and was released in 1987. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Jacques Courtin

Top Notes Top NotesCoriander, Caraway, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Cardamom, Rosemary
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.04.2019

6.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Bitter energy scent
My memories comes back to the Eighties , when I was just a little girl and my mother wore this fragrance expecially in the hottest days: it was her "energy scent". I didn't like it because it was too bitter and almost masculin and nowadays, after 30 years it is so. Anyway, I recognize that this eau by Clarins is really powerful and with aromacologic good effects. I think it is wearable by men too, because its spicy-aromatic-citrusy acchord is unisex.
5.0 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Spray on--With Reckless Abandon!
I have been wearing a lot of chypre perfumes these cold winter nights, and it occurred to me that my very first chypre was Clarins EAU DYNAMISANTE, although it does not fit the standard profile of either chypre floral or chypre fruity perfumes familiar to me. Instead, EAU DYNAMISANTE opens as a very bracing aromatic fragrance, with lemon and caraway standing out immediately.

EAU DYNAMISANTE is marketed as a "body treatment fragrance," but it is really as much of a jolt to one's mind as to one's body, serving to invigorate and uplift the wearer. I used to spray this all over my body after every single bath. If the intense opening lasted longer than it takes to get dressed, ED would probably be too much to wear as a perfume. Happily, the fragrance settles down, leaving only a faintly floral-caraway-clean patchouli behind, one which will complement any other chypre, it seems to me. In fact, I think I'll test that hypothesis shortly...

I have consumed about ten gallons of EAU DYNAMISANTE, probably more than all of the others combined, and I still love it! When Dior's EAU SVELTE was discontinued, I started to worry that the fate of EAU DYNAMISANTE would be the same, so I began stockpiling this treasure, of which a couple of bottles still remain. Needless to say, I highly recommend this fragrance. It is bright and sharp, but Clarins uses all natural ingredients and essential oils, so there is no cause for fear that the sharpness might be due to sci-fi secret agents... Spray on!!!
2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Aromatic treatment
A very aromatic and sensual fragrance. Eau Dynamisante took me by surprise.

I always avoided trying the Clarins range because of the bottles which looked like they contained makeup remover or toner fluid rather than perfume. What shocked me was the high quality of this fragrance.

This fragrance is fresh, spicy and woodsy, perfect for wear in the warmer months.

The opening that consists of lively citrus and herbaceous coriander and caraway, blends together beautifully. During the drydown, before the big patchouli finale, I hinted something that smelt rather like Indian cuisine, rich and spicy.

Patchouli is what rounds off Eau Dynamisante. The patchouli is very appealing to my nose as it has a slightly musty feel to it and it lasts on the skin for ages.

I really love the way in which Eau Dynamisante transforms from a bright and lively citrus scent to a rich, spicy, earthy and musty patchouli. This is a scent that transcends beyond being unique and ventures into a world where a fragrance can be many scents all in one.

by Aggeliki
by Ironheart
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Clarins

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins Eau des Jardins by Clarins Eau Ressourçante by Clarins Par Amour by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Toilette) by Clarins Eau Ensoleillante by Clarins Elysium by Clarins Eau Dynamisante 25th Anniversary by Clarins Eau Dynamisante Limited Edition 2018 by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2007 by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Parfum) by Clarins Eau Dynamisante Limited Edition 2017 by Clarins Eau Ressourçante Limited Edition by Clarins Eau des Jardins Limited Edition by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2010 by Clarins ClarinsMen by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2009 by Clarins Eau Dynamisante - Eau du Cœur Collector 2006 by Clarins