Eau Dynamisante

(1987)
Eau Dynamisante by Clarins
Flacon Design: Pierre Dinand
Eau Dynamisante (Clarins)
Eau Dynamisante is a perfume by Clarins for women and men and was released in 1987. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Jacques Courtin

Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Spray on--With Reckless Abandon!
I have been wearing a lot of chypre perfumes these cold winter nights, and it occurred to me that my very first chypre was Clarins EAU DYNAMISANTE, although it does not fit the standard profile of either chypre floral or chypre fruity perfumes familiar to me. Instead, EAU DYNAMISANTE opens as a very bracing aromatic fragrance, with lemon and caraway standing out immediately.

EAU DYNAMISANTE is marketed as a "body treatment fragrance," but it is really as much of a jolt to one's mind as to one's body, serving to invigorate and uplift the wearer. I used to spray this all over my body after every single bath. If the intense opening lasted longer than it takes to get dressed, ED would probably be too much to wear as a perfume. Happily, the fragrance settles down, leaving only a faintly floral-caraway-clean patchouli behind, one which will complement any other chypre, it seems to me. In fact, I think I'll test that hypothesis shortly...

I have consumed about ten gallons of EAU DYNAMISANTE, probably more than all of the others combined, and I still love it! When Dior's EAU SVELTE was discontinued, I started to worry that the fate of EAU DYNAMISANTE would be the same, so I began stockpiling this treasure, of which a couple of bottles still remain. Needless to say, I highly recommend this fragrance. It is bright and sharp, but Clarins uses all natural ingredients and essential oils, so there is no cause for fear that the sharpness might be due to sci-fi secret agents... Spray on!!!
Sillage 2.5/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Aromatic treatment
A very aromatic and sensual fragrance. Eau Dynamisante took me by surprise.

I always avoided trying the Clarins range because of the bottles which looked like they contained makeup remover or toner fluid rather than perfume. What shocked me was the high quality of this fragrance.

This fragrance is fresh, spicy and woodsy, perfect for wear in the warmer months.

The opening that consists of lively citrus and herbaceous coriander and caraway, blends together beautifully. During the drydown, before the big patchouli finale, I hinted something that smelt rather like Indian cuisine, rich and spicy.

Patchouli is what rounds off Eau Dynamisante. The patchouli is very appealing to my nose as it has a slightly musty feel to it and it lasts on the skin for ages.

I really love the way in which Eau Dynamisante transforms from a bright and lively citrus scent to a rich, spicy, earthy and musty patchouli. This is a scent that transcends beyond being unique and ventures into a world where a fragrance can be many scents all in one.

Popular Clarins

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins Eau des Jardins by Clarins Eau Ressourçante by Clarins Par Amour by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Toilette) by Clarins Eau Ensoleillante by Clarins Elysium by Clarins Eau Dynamisante 25th Anniversary by Clarins Par Amour Toujours (Eau de Parfum) by Clarins Eau Dynamisante Collector Edition by Clarins